PDA

View Full Version : Who Will the Pick Be?

DeathbyStat
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Who will we draft in the first round.

terribletowel39
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
who the hell voted posluszny??

Man_Of_Steel
04-25-2007, 10:52 AM
How the hell is Levi Brown not an option. Supposidly hes rated 1 on their big board and they may trade up for him.

i.want.troys.hair
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm just hoping against hope that Anderson falls that far. I think that he will be a monster.

DeathbyStat
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
I voted revis....i didn't include lineman because i don't think they will draft one unless they trade out of the pick.

My dislike of Brown probly swayed my choice to not include him.

If they trade down they may draft staley

I don't no who voted Paul

DeathbyStat
04-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm just hoping against hope that Anderson falls that far. I think that he will be a monster.

Yes that would be suberb.....Mel Kiper has him failing all the way to Denver but I certaintly don't think that it will happen.

mikehop05
04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
heres to hoping jamaal is there

DeathbyStat
04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
I think we are all setting ourselves up for disapointment

JayA55
04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
This year is such a huuuge toss up for the Steelers, I don't think anyone could say one single player for sure. This past year we knew it would most likely be a WR, Holmes or Jackson, prior we knew it would be Heath Miller, then one of the big QBs the year before.

This year, who knows, draft day will be a lot more exciting I know that though.

Man_Of_Steel
04-25-2007, 01:08 PM

lol, pos rep for that.

terribletowel39
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
so you think that we will draft one of your four players??

mikehop05
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
i think when they call leon hall or revis a lot of us will grumble :(

DeathbyStat
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I won't really like a cb back pick in the first but look at it this way a corner would be the position that would have the best chance to play immediatly in nickle and dime coverages......plus if you look at our schedule next year we play many wide reciever centric teams such as Cincinati, Arizona, Seattle and New England .

DeathbyStat
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
so you think that we will draft one of your four players??

Whitch four

terribletowel39
04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
thos four that you mentioned in the other thread. brown, poz, and two others. ted ginn i believe. if you aren't defining disappointment by that then what do you mean when you say that you think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment??

Mr. Stiller
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Right now, I'm hearing a few things.

1) Zeirlein absolutely loves Justin Blalock. He says he can play all 5 positions on the line, is very strong and athletic. Very Intelligent as well. I'd look for a trade down.

2) Alan Faneca is more pissed than we thought. Supposedly he doesn't want to continue negotiations and wants out. The rumored trade is for #35 this year and 2008 2nd Rounder from Arizona.

3) Steelers will take a Tackle, but not until round 4 or 5 it seems, as they really like Allen Barbre and Mario Henderson. They think Henderson has tons of potential. Basically the LT that Starks was supposed to be.

4) We're supposedly also very interested in Andy Alleman.

5) Colbert said "We used to rotate offense 1st round pick one year and the next was defense. Well we picked offense first the last 3 years and our defense is getting a little long in the tooth..."

So with all that Said.. I guess the only way to do this is to rule out things.

Positions to rule out:

NT, S, RB, OT, QB, TE.

All other positions we could legitimately draft someone.

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem and Dwayne Jarrett would be around.
OG: Grubbs or Blalock (Play any oline position)

DE: Carriker, or Harrell (Hopefully through a trade down)
LB: Anderson, Beason, Timmons, Spencer, Poz.

CB: Revis.

I'd like to think that if we trade Faneca, our first pick is Blalock.

Kemo can play LG (Supposedly he looked amazing in mini-camp), Blalock the Center, Mahan the RG, and Starks at RT.

My best guess?

Frankly I have no clue. Watch for the Faneca trade and if we trade down, that will give you a better idea.

And if Faneca is gone, I bet we pick up Blalock.

DeathbyStat
04-26-2007, 08:23 AM
thos four that you mentioned in the other thread. brown, poz, and two others. ted ginn i believe. if you aren't defining disappointment by that then what do you mean when you say that you think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment??

I don't think we will draft any of those four.

I said we are setting ourselves up for dispointment because I think many of us including me want....Jammal Anderson

DeathbyStat
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Right now, I'm hearing a few things.

1) Zeirlein absolutely loves Justin Blalock. He says he can play all 5 positions on the line, is very strong and athletic. Very Intelligent as well. I'd look for a trade down.

2) Alan Faneca is more pissed than we thought. Supposedly he doesn't want to continue negotiations and wants out. The rumored trade is for #35 this year and 2008 2nd Rounder from Arizona.

3) Steelers will take a Tackle, but not until round 4 or 5 it seems, as they really like Allen Barbre and Mario Henderson. They think Henderson has tons of potential. Basically the LT that Starks was supposed to be.

4) We're supposedly also very interested in Andy Alleman.

5) Colbert said "We used to rotate offense 1st round pick one year and the next was defense. Well we picked offense first the last 3 years and our defense is getting a little long in the tooth..."

So with all that Said.. I guess the only way to do this is to rule out things.

Positions to rule out:

NT, S, RB, OT, QB, TE.

All other positions we could legitimately draft someone.

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem and Dwayne Jarrett would be around.
OG: Grubbs or Blalock (Play any oline position)

DE: Carriker, or Harrell (Hopefully through a trade down)
LB: Anderson, Beason, Timmons, Spencer, Poz.

CB: Revis.

I'd like to think that if we trade Faneca, our first pick is Blalock.

Kemo can play LG (Supposedly he looked amazing in mini-camp), Blalock the Center, Mahan the RG, and Starks at RT.

My best guess?

Frankly I have no clue. Watch for the Faneca trade and if we trade down, that will give you a better idea.

And if Faneca is gone, I bet we pick up Blalock.

I hope the Faneca trade happens if he is really that unhappy trade him and grab Sears or Blaylock

I like Allman as well

PittPete
04-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I was the first to vote for Poz, and not the last. The best linebacker in PSU history will look good in black and gold for a long time.

terribletowel39
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I was the first to vote for Poz, and not the last. The best linebacker in PSU history will look good in black and gold for a long time.
Eva Longoria probably looks good as hell in black and gold but that doesn't mean she should be playing for the Steelers. I just don't see where he would be that good in a 3-4. to small for ILB and not enough speed and pass rushing skills for OLB. just doesn't make sense to me.

richdg
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
The thing that doesn't make sense, is we need T's more than we need G's. Kemo and Colon are both better suited for G than T. Both are 6-3 and about 330. Protype G size. Starks is a FA next year, and Smith is the next. Take a LT this year, a RT next year. That gives both of them a year to get used to the NFL before they have to play.

DeathbyStat
04-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I think will be a very good line backer in a 4-3 system that has large defensive lineman to protect him.

He isn't a pass rusher and thats what we need....a pass rush.

Mr. Stiller
04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
The thing that doesn't make sense, is we need T's more than we need G's. Kemo and Colon are both better suited for G than T. Both are 6-3 and about 330. Protype G size. Starks is a FA next year, and Smith is the next. Take a LT this year, a RT next year. That gives both of them a year to get used to the NFL before they have to play.

We still have Colon and Essex.

I think I said this in another thread, but.. Watch for Blalock (Center), Alleman (Gaurd) and Barbre (LT)

Mr. Stiller
04-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I think will be a very good line backer in a 4-3 system that has large defensive lineman to protect him.

He isn't a pass rusher and thats what we need....a pass rush.

IE Jacksonville.

DeathbyStat
04-27-2007, 12:26 AM
IE Jacksonville.

I couldn't agree more

mikehop05
04-27-2007, 12:29 AM
man this is the first draft in a while that i really have no idea for the steelers pick

i love it

Mr. Stiller
04-27-2007, 09:59 PM
man this is the first draft in a while that i really have no idea for the steelers pick

i love it

Agreed.

90% of Mocks say Timmons.

I'm goign to say..

At 15:

Revis, Staley, Spencer, Blalock, Grubbs.

At 20:

Staley, Spencer, Blalock, Grubbs, Beason.

At 25/27:

Spencer, Blalock, Grubbs, Beason, Timmons.

Obviously I'm hoping for #20, trade Faneca.

#20) Joe Staley, LT, CMU - Future Bookend
#37) Justin Blalock, C/RG, Texas - Next in the great line of Steelers centers
#46) Brian Leonard, HB, Rutgers - Do it all short yardage back/FB
#77) Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP - Great #3 to be a #2 when Holmes moves to #1.
#82) Brian Robison, DE/OLB, Texas - great size, speed, motor and power, perfect for our OLB Spot.
4a) Allen Barbre, MCSU - Future LG.
4b) Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska - He's the power tweener, the Clark Haggans, but faster.
5a) Daniel Sepulveda, P, Baylor - starting P.
5b) Kolby Smith, RB, Louisville - Why grab him? Has Verron or Davenport ever stayed healthy for a whole season? Kolby would be the perfect 3rd down RB. Great receiver, solid speed/power combo.
6) Desmond Bishop, ILB, California - ST player, that can step in and be a force on the field.
7) Clifton Ryan, DT/DE, MSU- DE Depth.