PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: The Movie

ironman4579
04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't wait for this movie, even though I have a feeling they're going to screw it up. I really hope they don't though. But they've already made Bumblebee into a Camaro......................................

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp75fWe-ss

I swear, they need to have the song from this clip in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJZLePck5k

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/a/autobots.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/xleopoldox/decepticons.jpg

TitleTown088
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
danky..........

Jughead10
04-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Bumblebee is a Camaro? That sucks. He was my favorite.

ironman4579
04-25-2007, 09:50 AM
I think they said something about Soundwave being left out as well, but Frenzy is still in it, which is weird, since Frenzy came out of Soundwave. That also sucks, since Soundwave was my favorite Decepticon.

Modano
04-25-2007, 09:50 AM
The Transformers were a total slight against God. In as much as God sent his only begotten son to die on the cross to redeem mankind and all we did to pay him back was make terrible f*****g cartoons, like the Transformers.

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0424345/Clerks75.jpg

ironman4579
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
The Transformers were a total slight against God. In as much as God sent his only begotten son to die on the cross to redeem mankind and all we did to pay him back was make terrible f*****g cartoons, like the Transformers.

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0424345/Clerks75.jpg

Except it was the greatest cartoon ever, which blows your theory out of the water.

VoteLynnSwan
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Except it was the greatest cartoon ever, which blows your theory out of the water.

... go watch Clerks 2.

ironman4579
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
... go watch Clerks 2.

Wow, I'm an idiot. I wasn't even thinking about that.

Modano
04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow, I'm an idiot. I wasn't even thinking about that.

Infact I add the image just under the quote :D

bored of education
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I can't wait for this movie!!!

draftguru151
04-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I have a feeling they are gonna mess it up too.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 03:26 PM

Na, from the looks of the trailer, it looks 10X better than I wouldve imagined.

Aaaah, I still got the cartoon movie on VHS! It holds a special place in my heart.

Unicron > 85 Bears.

snuff
04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
It's a Michael Bay... Seriously.. He has never made a good movie so this defiantly needs no topic. The only good thing about this movie, and CCB will agree, is Megan Fox.

ironman4579
04-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Aaaah, I still got the cartoon movie on VHS! It holds a special place in my heart.

Unicron > 85 Bears.

So do I. In fact, I have the UK version(bought in Canada) that has swearing.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
So do I. In fact, I have the UK version(bought in Canada) that has swearing.

Theres a version with swearing in it? Really? Elaborate on this madness!

draftguru151
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Hahaha, I have that one to. Spike says "Aw s*** what are we gonna do now", and there is another one. I also got the new DVD. And I have season 1 and 2 on DVD.

draftguru151
04-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Unicron > 85 Bears.

I have a feeling there is going to be too much human crap, and not much character development with the robots. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I have a feeling there is going to be too much human crap, and not much character development with the robots. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Theyre just starting the plot probably. They definately plan on making more than 1 I would assume.

I pictured it being corny though, so far it actually looks pretty cool. One thing I didn't like from the trailer, they made Optimus too bright. It looks tacky. They shouldve made him darker and more realistic. Instead he looks like a bright red and blue lollipop.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Hahaha, I have that one to. Spike says "Aw s*** what are we gonna do now", and there is another one. I also got the new DVD. And I have season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Galvatron was a schizo. He always had me rollin on the floor. *looks him up on youtube*

draftguru151
04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Did you guys see the 2nd movie? I saw it once a while ago, wasn't a big fan of it.

My favorite episode was the one when Optimus and Megatron are fighting on the water bridge thing, and they have like an energy mace and an energy axe or something. That or the gold lake one.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Did you guys see the 2nd movie? I saw it once a while ago, wasn't a big fan of it.

My favorite episode was the one when Optimus and Megatron are fighting on the water bridge thing, and they have like an energy mace and an energy axe or something. That or the gold lake one.

Na, I didnt get to see it. Thats the one when Optimus comes back as a villain right?

I wonder if its on youtube?

I loved transformers. I had a mini collection of them as a child.

I wish I was loaded as a kid. I remember looking through the transformers catalog and wanted like every single one of them. There were so many of em.

draftguru151
04-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I still have a HUGE transformers toy collection. :)

My brother was a big fan as well, every birthday and Christmas we always got a bunch of transformers.

The second one was about there was this evil spore thing that infected the robots and I think almost all of them got infected, and Optimus was still destroyed, so whoever wasn't infected had to find the makers of Optimus (I think it was the judge head from the first one) to help repair him.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I still have a HUGE transformers toy collection. :)

My brother was a big fan as well, every birthday and Christmas we always got a bunch of transformers.

The second one was about there was this evil spore thing that infected the robots and I think almost all of them got infected, and Optimus was still destroyed, so whoever wasn't infected had to find the makers of Optimus (I think it was the judge head from the first one) to help repair him.

Maaan, would I be a psycho if I went and bought one on ebay? Lol.

asmitty45
04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Michael Bay directed it.

This is the same man who directed Pearl Harbor. Enough reason right there to not see this movie.

I really hope im wrong bcuz ive been waiting for a transformers movie for the longest time. but when i heard michael bay directed it all i could think of was the song from Team America "Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you"
They ripped Michael Bay a new one, and they were totally right.

ironman4579
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Isn't the other one in the same part of the movie, like either Bumblebee or Spike says either "ass" or "son of a *****?" My copy's in storage right now. I also used to have the whole series on DVD, but they got stolen. I loved it when Prime came back in I think the last season. I also saw the second movie. I liked the first one better though. And as has been said already, Bay directed it, which is why I'm worried they're going to wreck it. Like I said, Bumblebee's already a Camaro, Soundwave isn't in the movie, they've added transformers that were never even in the series, and the whole premise of the movie right now looks like it really doesn't follow the cartoon at all. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
It's a Michael Bay... Seriously.. He has never made a good movie so this defiantly needs no topic. The only good thing about this movie, and CCB will agree, is Megan Fox.

Bay is a pretty terrible director, except that the list of people who are better at creating mind-blowing action scenes is incredibly short. This movie will likely be light on plot and kinda stupid, but I would bet a lot of money it is going to look awesome.

soybean
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
it came out yesterday at theaters around my area. So far majority of the reviews have been positive.

I heard it's 2.5 hours long.

socaldude
07-03-2007, 06:25 PM
the movie was great...I think it's one of the best I've seen this summer...yeah its 2.5 hours long but it didn't seem like it....the story didn't drag out like most...this is probably the first time I went to go watch a movie and not pick up my cell phone checking the time...oh yeah MEGAN FOX is more then enough to go watch the movie!!

soybean
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
the movie was great...I think it's one of the best I've seen this summer...yeah its 2.5 hours long but it didn't seem like it....the story didn't drag out like most...this is probably the first time I went to go watch a movie and not pick up my cell phone checking the time...oh yeah MEGAN FOX is more then enough to go watch the movie!!

did you stay after the credits? I heard there's an after credits scene but im not sure bout that.

ironman4579
07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm excited to see it, but my fiance doesn't really like to go to the theater's in our city because she says they suck, which they do. So I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

draftguru151
07-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I saw it last night, it was decent but disappointing from a Transformers fan perspective. Megan Fox was smoking hot though.

And yea there's a little thing with the parents talking after the movie and then another scene afterwards. Not that big but I guess it was cool to see.

HoopsDemon12
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM

i dont know... its a highly likely possibility but man that movie look so TIGHT.. they made transformers so wicked.. i mean kids and adults up to like 50 will probably go watch this.. i know my grandpa is

draftguru151
07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
From a Transformers perspective they ruined it, the movie was fine, but other than a few lines from the original transformers and the names nothing was really accurate.

HoopsDemon12
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
From a Transformers perspective they ruined it, the movie was fine, but other than a few lines from the original transformers and the names nothing was really accurate.

entertaining though? cause thats really all im after at this point

PoopSandwich
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I can't explain how disappointed I was with this movie and I don't even know anything about Transformers... It was so corny the whole way through, I only liked the fight scenes and special effects, but the story was so bad and so was the main actor (Shia Lebluff?) I don't even know his name...

I was expecting a movie that was PG-13 with great action and a decent story, instead I got a movie that felt like it should have been PG that had horrible acting and a poor script.

draftguru151
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Yea it was entertaining. Pretty good action, some funny parts, Megan Fox, fine movie, crappy transformers.

HoopsDemon12
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Yea it was entertaining. Pretty good action, some funny parts, Megan Fox, fine movie, crappy transformers.

well ill try not to pick it apart.... most of my freinds are only going cause they like that guy who stars in it anyway... i swear if i have to hear one more time about how he is hot now... im gonna fly to his house and strangle him myself

PoopSandwich
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM

The lead actress was amazzzzzzing. Yes there were some funny parts, yes there was decent action, it was somewhat entertaining.

It didn't even come close to matching the hype, and there were like 1,000 corny lines in the movie, some were funny, some made me hate the movie.

Maybe it's just because I feel like crap today, but man that movie didn't seem to help one bit.

draftguru151
07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Yea there were some parts where the entire audience laughing when it wasn't funny at all. It it wasn't so hyped up I think I wouldn't have been so disappointed in it, but it was an ok movie regardless.

Cashmoney
07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Im going to see it in Imax here in a couple hours, and i cant wait. I have big expectations, but im not a transformers fan. I just saw the trailer and was like dayumm.

PoopSandwich
07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Yea there were some parts where the entire audience laughing when it wasn't funny at all.

Same thing happened in my movie, we were wondering if we were just with a lame crowd, it made the movie less enjoyable for me.

Beans
07-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I know nothing about Transformers, so I can't judge it based on the series. I will say it was a pretty epic movie though.

A Perfect Score
07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
i just saw it...and as a transformers fan from my younger days it was really disappointing from a character standpoint, really the only one that they even tried to develop was Optimus, the rest were just CGI puppets. Megan Fox gets an A for effort, smoking hot, overall an ok movie, not as good as i would have liked but better then i expected

jbeans187
07-04-2007, 12:45 AM
I can't explain how disappointed I was with this movie and I don't even know anything about Transformers... It was so corny the whole way through, I only liked the fight scenes and special effects, but the story was so bad and so was the main actor (Shia Lebluff?) I don't even know his name...

I was expecting a movie that was PG-13 with great action and a decent story, instead I got a movie that felt like it should have been PG that had horrible acting and a poor script.

I completely agree. The effects were amazing but other than that i didnt like it. It was sold out and people were cheering at every corny line, i thought die hard 4 was way better.

ncst8fan83
07-04-2007, 12:59 AM
I think it's a man law to post pictures of hawt chicks you're talking about...

Behold the greatness that is Megan Fox...

http://images.fok.nl/upload/041208_18642_Megan_fox.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/Cory227/151.jpg

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 01:05 AM
I think it's a man law to post pictures of hawt chicks you're talking about...

Behold the greatness that is Megan Fox...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/Cory227/151.jpg

I wish I was brian. I think that's what the tattoo says

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
idk what ya'll are talkin bout'. this movie was awesome. easily the best ive seen this summer, well... except maybe knocked up

Bam_19
07-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Yea there were some parts where the entire audience laughing when it wasn't funny at all. It it wasn't so hyped up I think I wouldn't have been so disappointed in it, but it was an ok movie regardless.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't really know the orginal series.

I thought this movie was very good, and that is coming from a huge fan of the original transformers (i'm wearing an autobot beltbuckle right now).

The CGI was done well and the movie visually was fantastic.

The plot was solid and yes it didn't really have anything from the original series which is ok becuase number 2 will won't say more because it will ruin the first 1.

Those corny lines that had the theatre laughing and you going WTF, were put in for die hard fans who got everyone of those corny lines and thought they were great.

The actual character development of the autobots and decepiticons was lacking however again i think we will get a lot more of that in number 2 and 3.

Overall if you don't know anything about the transformers this movie is a great action flick. Just ignore the corny lines.

If you are a fan or the original series don't go in expecting, bases, 4 million years of being on earth, space bridges, or energon. It is a new story.

draftguru151
07-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't really know the orginal series.

I thought this movie was very good, and that is coming from a huge fan of the original transformers (i'm wearing an autobot beltbuckle right now).

The CGI was done well and the movie visually was fantastic.

The plot was solid and yes it didn't really have anything from the original series which is ok becuase number 2 will won't say more because it will ruin the first 1.

Those corny lines that had the theatre laughing and you going WTF, were put in for die hard fans who got everyone of those corny lines and thought they were great.

The actual character development of the autobots and decepiticons was lacking however again i think we will get a lot more of that in number 2 and 3.

Overall if you don't know anything about the transformers this movie is a great action flick. Just ignore the corny lines.

If you are a fan or the original series don't go in expecting, bases, 4 million years of being on earth, space bridges, or energon. It is a new story.

And why is that? I'd suggest you go look on the first page of this thread and then get back to me.

It wasn't the corny transformer lines that had me going wtf, it was Bernie Mac and the mom crap and the humans corny stuff that was annoying me.

YAYareaRB
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
And why is that? I'd suggest you go look on the first page of this thread and then get back to me.

It wasn't the corny transformer lines that had me going wtf, it was Bernie Mac and the mom crap and the humans corny stuff that was annoying me.

I thought Bernie Mac was a riot. They did go a little over board on the funny comments. Overall I loved the movie. Optimus Prime is the man!.. or Machine!

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 10:46 AM

What? i thought that most of the comedic timing was done very well.

draftguru151
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Some of it was funny, but there were parts where people were laughing hysterically and it wasn't funny at all.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM
The movie was awesome! it's the only action flick all year long that didn't drag forever trying to explain stories and what not, they kept the movie rolling and filled you in on detail in between action sequences, you don't even realize it's 2.5 hours long. And for everyone complaining they changed the story, so what??? I wanted to see some fresh life put into my old 80's characters. They didn't develop each character because it would have drug on forever, and it was meant more for action value than being a cartoon series, was everyone expecting an hour of transformer character development? Anyways I'd def. reccomend the movie, everything is directed well, transformers look awesome, action is good, I liked it. Also very obvious that there will be a #2, and maybe all the whiny bitches on here can get there development in the next one. (Side Note) Everything was completely changed for the x-men movies as well, nothing really followed the old story, and I never heard anyone whine about it, they enjoyed the new story and rolled with it.

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Some of it was funny, but there were parts where people were laughing hysterically and it wasn't funny at all.

Which part specifically though?

draftguru151
07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Don't really remember.

sweetness34
07-04-2007, 10:57 AM
I watched the cartoons as a kid but I'm going in with an open mind on this movie and not expecting it to follow in the footsteps of the older cartoons. I'm expecting a big action flick with huge fight scenes, awesome CGI, and Megan ******* Foxx.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I watched the cartoons as a kid but I'm going in with an open mind on this movie and not expecting it to follow in the footsteps of the older cartoons. I'm expecting a big action flick with huge fight scenes, awesome CGI, and Megan ******* Foxx.

if you go in with that mindset then you'll walk out very happy. New story line def. works, cgi is great and megan foxx is amazing, many shots of her smokin bod all over the place. action is also present all throughout.

ncst8fan83
07-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I wish I was brian. I think that's what the tattoo says

she's engaged to brian austin green of 90210 fame i believe.

PoopSandwich
07-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Exactly, the parents were ridiculous, and Shia LeBoeuf was such a smartass the entire movie, my friend I went with said he doesn't even think the dude acts he can just picture him being like that.

I couldn't stand the corny lines, it was like an overdose of it, I was shaking my head wayyyy too much during that movie.

It wasn't even only the corny lines, it was like... They say Megatron was whatever (NBDE1???) something like that, and hes like "It's Megatron, and hes part of the decepticons coming back to get the all-spark!!!" and instantly everyone knows what he is talking about and then the soldiers are like, OH MY GOD LETS HOLD UP SOME S7 Agents in some secret bunker and all be heroes and save the world!!!

That was the type of corniness I didn't like, it wasn't just the lines it was the acting mixed with the lines, even though it was part of the story, it just seemed so damn corny.

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
I loved the part where the police car decepticon had him trapped on the car and was like, "are you ladiesman2117!" that was pretty funny.

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 12:37 PM
did everyone else see the trailer that didn't have a title? anyone have any theories? i heard one that it might be chtulu or however that monster is spelled.

PoopSandwich
07-04-2007, 12:38 PM
did everyone else see the trailer that didn't have a title? anyone have any theories? i heard one that it might be chtulu or however that monster is spelled.

Oh my god that was amazing I hope to god that movie ends up being good because the trailer was a cliff hanger.

draftguru151
07-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea that one looked sick. There were a lot of good previews before the movie.

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 12:45 PM
you all got any theories on what it could be?

PoopSandwich
07-04-2007, 12:49 PM
you all got any theories on what it could be?

Well I have a few theories...

Another Godzilla movie (unlikely)

Some ancient monster that I don't have a clue to the name of (likely)

Someone pissed Winslow off so he started blowing up New York. (VERY LIKELY.)

In all seriousness, the movie looks incredible, and seeing the party get owned the roaring the fire flying through the sky and then they don't give you the title of the movie or even show the monster, perfect marketing.

draftguru151
07-04-2007, 12:53 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/29/jj-abrams-top-secret-cloverfield-movie-trailer-attached-to-transformers/

So what is Cloverfield? According to AICN (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33104), it’s a giant monster movie (refferred internally as “The Parasite”) which is shot using home video (http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/29/jj-abrams-top-secret-cloverfield-movie-trailer-attached-to-transformers/#) cameras from the point of view of real people who are experiencing the attack on New York City.

Seems pretty sweet.

PoopSandwich
07-04-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/29/jj-abrams-top-secret-cloverfield-movie-trailer-attached-to-transformers/

Seems pretty sweet.

It should be unique, hopefully it delivers.

Cashmoney
07-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Its definitely got an original edge to it with the whole movie being shot through home video cameras.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Exactly, the parents were ridiculous, and Shia LeBoeuf was such a smartass the entire movie, my friend I went with said he doesn't even think the dude acts he can just picture him being like that.

I couldn't stand the corny lines, it was like an overdose of it, I was shaking my head wayyyy too much during that movie.

It wasn't even only the corny lines, it was like... They say Megatron was whatever (NBDE1???) something like that, and hes like "It's Megatron, and hes part of the decepticons coming back to get the all-spark!!!" and instantly everyone knows what he is talking about and then the soldiers are like, OH MY GOD LETS HOLD UP SOME S7 Agents in some secret bunker and all be heroes and save the world!!!

That was the type of corniness I didn't like, it wasn't just the lines it was the acting mixed with the lines, even though it was part of the story, it just seemed so damn corny.

they didn't instantly know what he was talking about, and the soldiers held up the s7 agents when he asked for his car. the soldiers having already had first hand experience with one of the robots were willing to take a risk after they had pieced a few things together after they found out about megatron. how is that corny? because they called it nbe1 because nobody had explained them what the hell anything they had trapped in the dam was?

PoopSandwich
07-05-2007, 12:45 AM
It just came off corny, it was more of Shia LeBoeuf (sp) to me than anything, his character annoyed the hell out of me and I really didn't like alot of the lines...

I have heard everyone likes the movie, so maybe it was just the crowd or the mood I was in, but when I get to see it a second time I will have a more open mind, but this goes down with The Interpreter and War of the Worlds as the most annoyed/angered I have been from going to a movie (I almost like every movie I go and see, so for me to say I really didn't like a movie is uncommon.)

Cashmoney
07-05-2007, 12:47 AM
most of the people i know that dislike the movie seem to be huge fans of the original cartoon

M.O.T.H.
07-05-2007, 01:08 AM

Seems pretty sweet.

Just watched the trailer...I'm interested.

soybean
07-05-2007, 01:17 PM

eh, i think he fit the role fine. Imagine if they tried to cast adam brody as the main character.

BufFan71
07-05-2007, 10:09 PM
shia labouf did a good job....
better actor than Megan Fox....but shes hot...so she gets a pass

M.O.T.H.
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I really like the idea for that cloverfield movie...I cant wait for more info to be released...def. has me excited. Seems like it would be an awesome experience in theatres.

Brent
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I saw this the other day. I give it a C+ or B-.

Yeah, the action was entertaining and the CGI rendering was fantastic but I certainly wasn't blown away or anything like that. In the words of Trey Parker, Michael Bay missed the mark.

scar988
07-06-2007, 12:11 AM
they screwed up some details but the overall movie is the fuckign ****.

BufFan71
07-06-2007, 07:43 AM
yea hopefully it is a good movie b/c it left me wanting more....

comahan
07-06-2007, 01:04 PM
As someone who never watched the cartoon or anything, I thought it was fine. I thought most of the comedy was well placed (not all of it, there were a few times where I was like 'wtf, shut up')

It wasnt a GREAT movie, but it was an entertaining experience that I dont regret going to see.

bearfan
07-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I just saw this last night, and I enjoyed it. It wasnt amazing, but it was enjoyable, and the action was great. Overall I give it a B to a B+. Oh and Megan Fox is a reason to see the movie all together ;)

http://www.pestaola.gr/images/megan_fox_fhm_2006_calendar.jpg

BufFan71
07-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I just saw this last night, and I enjoyed it. It wasnt amazing, but it was enjoyable, and the action was great. Overall I give it a B to a B+. Oh and Megan Fox is a reason to see the movie all together ;)

http://www.pestaola.gr/images/megan_fox_fhm_2006_calendar.jpg

i have to agree

ricky bobby
07-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Watched it last night. C-

Pros:
- Megan Fox was an absolute beauty.
- There was some humor

Cons:
- Story line kind of sucked. Not dramatic enough.
- Robots seemed too cluttered and it was hard to tell apart the good guys from bad guys.
- Somebody cheaped out on the battle scenes. They could have been much better. It seemed like they played the same clip over and over in the final battle scene.

On a happier note, The Simpsons Movie will be awesome

jkpigskin
07-07-2007, 09:39 PM
i thought the movie was absolutely incredible... i thought the plot was really good for an action movie and there was good subtle humor... also gotta love the action

BufFan71
07-08-2007, 09:47 AM
i thought the humor was aimed towards the younger audience b/c i didnt really find the movie funny

ricky bobby
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
i thought the humor was aimed towards the younger audience b/c i didnt really find the movie funny
I thought it was pretty funny. How old are you sir?

BufFan71
07-08-2007, 11:27 AM
im only 17, but when i meant younger i meant like 7-10.......

alot of the time the whole movie theatre died in laughter while i sat and wondered wat to laugh at

SubNoize
07-08-2007, 11:41 AM
im only 17, but when i meant younger i meant like 7-10.......

alot of the time the whole movie theatre died in laughter while i sat and wondered wat to laugh at

it was corny chuckle humor a lot of the time, but i did laugh out loud when bernie was talking to his grandma? and she flipped him off and he called her a *****, pretty funny adult scene. but yeah, people were busting up at optimus saying "my bad" haha a robot talking in slang, what will they think of next? pretty cheesy.

JETS5128
07-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm 15 and i thought 90% of the humor was funny...

BufFan71
07-08-2007, 12:14 PM
it was corny chuckle humor a lot of the time, but i did laugh out loud when bernie was talking to his grandma? and she flipped him off and he called her a *****, pretty funny adult scene. but yeah, people were busting up at optimus saying "my bad" haha a robot talking in slang, what will they think of next? pretty cheesy.

that is a part in the movie where i laughed

also when Shia Labouf was trying too flex by pointing to stuff to impress Megan Fox

Cashmoney
07-08-2007, 01:03 PM
i liked the what would jesus do line

Moses
07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical action summer blockbuster movie.

Plot was extremely lacking and it moved at way too fast of a pace which is weird because the movie was long. Acting wasn't very good, but there wasn't much to "act" so that's expected. Shia is a solid actor and I think we'll see some good things from this kid in the future. Loved the amount of cameos they had.

Basically the dialogue and movie overall was very cliche but it entertained none the less. Nice special effects but it was a bit too fast-paced and choppy at times. Hard to tell what was going on a lot of the time.

I think it definitely had potential to be much better and not just a flash in the pan type of movie, but it was entertaining and will likely be seen as a success because it will appeal to the masses.

Scott Wright
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Just saw this tonight and it was actually better than I expected.

Don't get me wrong, the plot was sub par but when it comes to special effects I thought it was an A+. The FX really blew me away.

TitleTown088
07-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Wow, that movie was dank. I'd like to transform my garner snake into a python with Megan Fox.

Namy
07-10-2007, 01:30 AM
hahahaha transformers cosplay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMUlSe1sjM

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I thought the movie was excellent all around. It was pretty well acted, the interactions between the CGI robots and the actors was quality, and it moved well. I think Bay did an excellent job capturing the camp value of Transformers. I wasn't a huge fan of John Turtorro's character, but the overall work was excellent.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 10:37 AM
A few things that bothered me:

1. At the end of the movie, it was really creepy how Sam and Megan Fox were making out on the hood of Bumblebee, and all the other Autobots were sitting around watching them. Awfully weird.

2. Why throw the robots in the ocean when you should rocket them into the sun? STUUUUUUPID...

Overall, an excellent movie, and the sequel should be sick. They have plenty of material to work with and lots of new transformers to bring into it.

Grizzlegom
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
i just saw this movie sunday night and i was blown away. I never watched the cartoons or played with the toys so i don't know any of the background story or anything like that. i thought they did a great job of developing the story so people like me would be able to understand what was going on.

the special effects were amazing and i thought shia labeouf did an amazing job. he is definitely developing into a great actor. megan fox isnt the best actress but like everyone said, shes hott as hell. the only knock i really have is that i wish there was a little more machine vs machine action because my favorite scene was when optimus beheads that one decepticon. amazing. it looks like there will likely be a sequel too.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 11:18 AM
The sequel is already in the works. The studio screened the first cut and okayed the second movie. Script is being written as we speak.

soybean
07-10-2007, 11:38 AM
A few things that bothered me:

1. At the end of the movie, it was really creepy how Sam and Megan Fox were making out on the hood of Bumblebee, and all the other Autobots were sitting around watching them. Awfully weird.

2. Why throw the robots in the ocean when you should rocket them into the sun? STUUUUUUPID...

Overall, an excellent movie, and the sequel should be sick. They have plenty of material to work with and lots of new transformers to bring into it.

and how do you plan on doing that?

soybean
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
check out the reviews... oh well, at least it did better than license to wed...

http://www.mypicshare.com/gtejcunapic.html

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
and how do you plan on doing that?

Strap them to a rocket and fire it off into the sun. Problem solved.

soybean
07-10-2007, 12:21 PM
too expensive.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, if there's anything the government is, it's cost conscious... It is easily doable. I would rather spend $1 trillion to make sure they never come back than just throw them into the ocean and hope.

This is all hypothetical, of course. In terms of movies, I would much rather have a plausible return in the sequel.

49ersfan_87
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Didn't really like it. I felt most of the comedy wasn't funny at all. The action wasn't creative either and was just the same thing over and over. Overall, i was bored. Definitely not something i enjoyed.

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Didn't really like it. I felt most of the comedy wasn't funny at all. The action wasn't creative either and was just the same thing over and over. Overall, i was bored. Definitely not something i enjoyed.

Do you have Cloverfield fever yet?

49ersfan_87
07-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Do you have Cloverfield fever yet?

That was actually the best part of going to the theatre. I really can't wait for that movie.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
People actualyl go to see transformers!! i thoght everyone went to see the cloverfreild trailer... im in shock

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
People actualyl go to see transformers!! i thoght everyone went to see the cloverfreild trailer... im in shock

That's why i would have went.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
That's why i would have went.

haha i was invited to go last night... but i am flat broke.. but no lie it was liek the reason i was going

JCutlery
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Cheesy. Predictable. Stupid.

I felt like walking out near the end. Every single actor in that movie sucked. The only cool scene was the opener, when the helicopter decepticon annihilated that military base. Downhill from there.

Cloverfield looks interesting, and I want to know a little bit more about I Am Legend or whatever with Will Smith.

bsaza2358
07-12-2007, 01:20 PM
I grew up with Transformers, and the movie was right in my wheelhouse. It wasn't anything special, but the script made sense, and the action scenes were awesome. I thought it was well-acted and written well enough to get by.

MaxV
07-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I saw it yesterday, it was good.

The final battle at the end was a bit chaotic and hard to follow, but it was still cool.

bsaza2358
07-12-2007, 02:23 PM
I think it captured the spirit of the original cartoon and the CGI technology perfectly. The story flowed well, had depth, and I really think that the acting was underrated. It wasn't just the transformers that were the story. There was extra stuff.