PDA

View Full Version : First Mock Ever from a Newbie

boulder
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
First off, I've been reading for a long time and finally decided to join. With only a couple of days left, I thought I'd give it a try.
Just One Round and some trades:

1. Oakland- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
Really believe Quinn just fits better in Kiffin's offense and if the reports that Al wanted Leinart last year are true, maybe he isn't so infatuated with arm strength or he would have wanted Cutler instead. Quinn is more ready to step in and is used to absorbing some punishment behind NDs OL.

2. Tampa (from Det. for #4, #35, #68 and a 2nd in 2008)- Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
Detroit is desperate and even if the trade chart suggests they should get more (too lazy to look it up) they need to move down and get guys that fit what Marinelli wants to do. More picks gives him more opportunities to mold the entire team, and they need them after letting a lot of guys with talent but less than desirable character leave.

3. Cleveland- JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
Savage is ecstatic to get the guy he has known for a long time, let alone the fact that he has the most "tools" of any QB in a while. Everyone is happy in Cleveland now that Savage got his guy and Lerner got his QB.

4. Detroit- Gaines Adams DE Clemson
Detroit gets another pass rusher that they will need in the Tampa-2. No matter the marijuana reports, he apparently loves football and takes it very seriously which will mesh with what Marinelli is looking to do. Plus the extra picks will allow them to fill their many needs or trade up for a player they have targeted.

5. Atlanta- (from Az for #8 and #39)- LaRon Landry S LSU
Atlanta moves up with their extra picks to select the S they were afraid Washington might select. Costs them a 2nd but they have extra picks so they don't sweat it too much. Landry can fill one of the entire NFL's glaring positional needs. Instant starter.

6. Miami- (from Was for #9 and #40)- Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
Seeing Joe Thomas slide, Miami moves up rather painlessly as the compensation for such a move was just established in the pick prior. Washington needs any and all picks they can get and with Landry off the board, they are ecstatic to get an offer. Miami needs to protect Green (I assume they get him) and whichever QB they target at #60 or #71.

7. Minnesota- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
Minnesota would love to trade down, but the only move I could see is Buffalo, and they have too many needs to give up picks. So Minnesota helps their new QB by getting the best RB in the draft. Chester Taylor did well last year, but Peterson will be special. (as a Bears fan, I hate this)

8. Arizona- Levi Brown OT Penn State
I believe the reports that the Cards are just as high on Brown as Thomas, and with both of them there the make the move to get an extra pick. Brown can play RT and provides more of a roadgrader that Grimm seems to favor than Thomas.

9. Washington- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
Still looking to move further down, but can't find any takers. Okoye gives them help where they need it: pass rush and run stopping. High character, inteligent, and a leader that will endear himself to Gibbs.

10. Carolina (from Hou for #14, #52, and #225)- Patrick Willis LB Mississippi
Carolina uses the pick they get for Kris Jenkins to move up and get the LB they need. Willis can play inside or outside depending upon Morgan's health. Houston loves the fact that they can pick back up the 2nd rounder they traded for Schaub.

11. San Fran- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
After spending an off-season repairing the defense, they fill the last spot that wasn't addressed. High character player that fits in with Nolan and can replace Bryant Young when he retires. A little disappointed that Carolina jumped them to get Willis.

12. Buffalo- Leon Hall CB Michigan
Need help after losing Clements, and Hall can play both man and zone which he will in the Tampa-2 they now run. Unhappy about missing on Willis, they contemplate Beason and Pozluzny, but Hall is better value. Could start from the first day.

13. St. Louis- Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
Need help across from Little and I don't believe James Hall is the complete answer. Anderson may need a little work since he's relatively new to the position, but he could develop into a monster. The Rams Defense may actually show some life if this pick goes down and Kris Jenkins gets traded from Carolina.

14. Houston- Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
Texans protect their investment with a player that seems to be perfect for the ZBS they employ. I'm still unsure of Staley as a player, but the past couple of weeks have seen him rise up boards as much as anyone.

15. Pittsburgh- Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State
I'm not sure what the Steelers plan for their D really is, continue as a 3-4? I would assume with LeBeau still there, that that is what they will run this year, but Tomlin has to eventually move to the Tampa-2 he was brought up with, right? Anyways, Timmons can probably play in both. He is undersized but excels as a pass rusher and is athletic enough to become a drop LB.

16. Green Bay- Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
Eventually Driver is going to slow down, and Jennings isn't the big possession receiver you normally associate with the WCO. Bowe gives them another reliable target in what be Favre's last go around. Can give him a nice third down option.

17. Jacksonville- Brandon Merriweather S Miami
Character issues aside, he is probably the second safety talent-wise. I don't know Darius' status, but he is getting up there and coming off multiple injuries. Merriweather can do a little of everything and will probably play some corner. There is talk that they are interested in Lance Briggs. Hopefully.

18. Cincinnati- Darelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
Need a CB opposite Joseph.

19. Tennessee- Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
Need a WR and a KR.

(no more explanations, except for trades)

20. Giants- Paul Posluszny LB Penn State

21. Chicago (from Den for Lance Briggs, CHI also gets a 4th in 2008)- Greg Olsen TE Miami
Truly believe that Briggs will be gone and Broncos have apparently shown interest. They always seem to make some sort of a big splash.

22. Dallas- Anthony Spencer LB Purdue

23. KC- Alan Branch DT Michigan

24.New England- David Harris LB Michigan

25. Jets- Aaron Ross CB Texas

26. Philadelphia- Michael Griffin S Texas

27. San Diego (from NO for #30 and #94)- Reggie Nelson S Florida
Chargers jump the Pats to get the S they want. Saints drop back after losing David Harris to the Pats three picks earlier.

28. New England- Eric Weddle S Utah

29. Baltimore- Ben Grubbs OG Auburn

30. New Orleans- Jon Beason LB Miami

31. Chicago- Robert Meachem WR Tennessee

32. Indianapolis- Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State

bored of education
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
whoaz@KC's pick.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Good eagles pick.

sdotcarter33
04-25-2007, 02:11 PM
give the pats griffin at #24 and beason or harris at #28

jackalope
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
No Marshawn Lynch in the 1st round?

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Overall, a good mock. I like that you did trades through out the first round, not just at the top. I am a little bit confused as to why Lynch isn't in there, but crazier things have happened. Good Eagles, pick, Griffin is our man.

boulder
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I honestly think that Lynch will fall out of the first round. The back may not be as bad as initially thought, but it'll make some teams think twice. I also have seen him in some show where they were taking pictures for sports cards or something and he seemed awfully obnoxious and full of himself. That combined with the domestic abuse (dropped I know, but still fairly serious of a claim) will drop him into the 2nd.

asmitty45
04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
definitely interesting, like the trade for the lions

RaiderNation
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
okay raider pick

G-Starr
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Good I suppose. Carriker or Willis would make me happy.

LitoSheppard
04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Where the F*ck is Patrick Willis

neko4
04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I honestly think that Lynch will fall out of the first round. The back may not be as bad as initially thought, but it'll make some teams think twice. I also have seen him in some show where they were taking pictures for sports cards or something and he seemed awfully obnoxious and full of himself. That combined with the domestic abuse (dropped I know, but still fairly serious of a claim) will drop him into the 2nd.
PLEASE REPEAT AFTER ME:
GREEN BAY
WILL NOT
PASS ON MARSHAWN
Green Bay needs a starting RB, but a #3 WR
Plus until Driver actually shows signs that hes slowing down will we think of going WR of 1st, but this year was a career year

BIG Country
04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
He's 10th to Carolina!! Pay attention!!

ripdw27
04-25-2007, 04:35 PM
denver doesnt have the cap for briggs, we may be showing some interest but not that much. give us reggie nelson, horrible trade

Tampa 2 4 life
04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I guarantee the Bucs won't trade up in the first.

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Lynch not a 1st rounder???

hugegmenfan
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
branch or beason over paul poz for the giants

calibill2
04-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I think the bills would definetly take Marshawn of Leon Hall. JMHO

bills_red
04-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Bills Big Board
1-Patrick Willis
2-Marshawn Lynch

So I'll take Lynch at 12 over Hall
LB>RB>>CB

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Good pick for Oakland.

kiranadwaney
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
arizona would not trade down when joe thomas is still there, and if atlanta did go up to 5 and thomas was still available i would think they pick him. LT is more important than S.

bills_red
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
arizona would not trade down when joe thomas is still there, and if atlanta did go up to 5 and thomas was still available i would think they pick him. LT is more important than S.
Word is they have Brown a bit below Joe and if they could trade down and get more picks and get Brown they would do it.

briz5x
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
horrible pats picks.

DaBears0530
04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
I really like the bears picking Meachem with the 31st!

T-RICH49
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
whoaz@KC's pick.

amen to that

TeachNC79
04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
good jets pick

Yung Flippa
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
give the Ravens Jarvis Moss

boulder
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
i appreciate all of the feedback...keep it coming. as for not liking Lynch getting by the Bills, I really think that is almost a lock with his character issues. levy is old school and shipped mcgahee off because of his attitude, can't see him picking another RB with one. Pats fans, every year their picks look like reaches and they just plug in and the machine keeps going. Please more feedback.