PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Timmons

asmitty45
04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I've seen him falling down a lot of draft's, including scotts. I like him a lot, he and Ernie played together at FSU so we know what we can get from him.

I personally think that if he should fall to #34 we should take him, he would lock down our OLB situation for quite a long time, we could use Boss in the middle again or maybe snag Durant in the 3rd and move him inside.

I dont know, i think its a good idea to take him if he falls to us in the second.

Thoughts?

DoWnThEfiElD
04-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not opposed to much in this draft, we have so many holes to fill im not sure it matters too much.

Iamcanadian
04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
In think he's a lock for round 1, end of story. Anybody can fall on draft day, we just have to wait and see, however MLB is by far the greater need after DE.

asmitty45
04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
In think he's a lock for round 1, end of story. Anybody can fall on draft day, we just have to wait and see, however MLB is by far the greater need after DE.

As do I, but i've just noticed Beason jumping up and Puz staying put in the 20's.

I agree that MLB is definitely the biggest need, actually bigger than DE. But i think that if its between Timmons and an MLB like David Harris I'd rather have Timmons to solidify the outside then Harris who really doesnt fit the system all to well

ESimsfan87
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Timmons in the second would be kinda similiar to how Boss Bailey "fell" to us in the 03 draft. I remember being way too happy when we drafted him. Sad really. But if he were to fall that far in the first, wouldn't it seem like the Colts would snag him instead of Harrell(who everyone has them taking it seems). But yeah definitely like the idea of Timmons and Durant. Very sweet linebacking corps...

woodnick
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
I've seen him falling down a lot of draft's, including scotts. I like him a lot, he and Ernie played together at FSU so we know what we can get from him.

I personally think that if he should fall to #34 we should take him, he would lock down our OLB situation for quite a long time, we could use Boss in the middle again or maybe snag Durant in the 3rd and move him inside.

I dont know, i think its a good idea to take him if he falls to us in the second.

Thoughts?

Boss didn't work in the middle last year and I think the coaching staff acknowledged a failed experiment with him there and that's why they slid him back to the strong side. Yeah Timmons is a good prospect, but unless we can trade Bailey for a 3rd, then I think we should take the BPA at a need area.

detroit4life
04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Boss didn't work in the middle last year and I think the coaching staff acknowledged a failed experiment with him there and that's why they slid him back to the strong side. Yeah Timmons is a good prospect, but unless we can trade Bailey for a 3rd, then I think we should take the BPA at a need area.

i agree i like timmons and he's a great value but at 34 we can get close to if not equal value with a player at a position of need