PDA

View Full Version : What if Jamarcus AND CJ are available at #2?

Bootland27
04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Word on the street is that the Raidas are negotitating with Quinn.

What do the Lions do in this scenario??

cunningham06
04-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Not gonna happen while it's not a sure thing who the Raiders will take, it will be one of those two.

WMD
04-25-2007, 05:35 PM
The same thing they're doing right now.. Looking to trade out of the #2 pick.

But just because the Raiders are negotiating with Quinn doesn't mean they're going to draft him..

Geo
04-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I expect the Lions to draft Calvin Johnson at #2 and ultimately sticking with who they consider to be the best player in the Draft, just like the Saints did with Reggie Bush last year even though they loved AJ Hawk. The Lions have washed their hands of Charles Rogers, and will do the same with Mike Williams soon enough. And there's a good chance they'll have a chance at a very good DE, given this class, with their 2nd round pick.

Granted, Matt Millen would get hell for picking another receiver high in the 1st Round. Oh boy, would he get it.

woodnick
04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
If this happens it's the same as if it doesn't happen, take the best offer on the table and trade down.

Or everybody could dream that we trade with cleveland so they could take Russell, then we trade with Tampa and they draft CJ, then we trade with Arizona and they take Thomas, then we trade with Washington and they take Adams, then we trade with Minny and they take Peterson, then we trade with Atl and they take Landry, then we trade with Miami and they take Okoye, then we trade with Houston and they take Brown, then we trade with San Fran and they take Branch, then we trade with Buff. and they take Hall then we draft Willis at #12 and completely own the top of the 2nd round.

Russell and CJ21 will NOT both be available, it's just as rediculous as the above scenario, it just ain't gonna happen.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
I expect the Lions to draft Calvin Johnson at #2 and ultimately sticking with who they consider to be the best player in the Draft, just like the Saints did with Reggie Bush last year even though they loved AJ Hawk. The Lions have washed their hands of Charles Rogers, and will do the same with Mike Williams soon enough. And there's a good chance they'll have a chance at a very good DE, given this class, with their 2nd round pick.

Granted, Matt Millen would get hell for picking another receiver high in the 1st Round. Oh boy, would he get it.

I don't know if he would in this case necessarly, on the Lions homepage they had fan votes for who each team should pick and the fans pick Calvin, so it may not be as bad as one would think.

woodnick
04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't know if he would in this case necessarly, on the Lions homepage they had fan votes for who each team should pick and the fans pick Calvin, so it may not be as bad as one would think.

The fans might not be that hard on him, but the draft analysts would probably tear him apart after they stopped laughing. The only thing that would significantly hurt Millen is if everybody found out he had a major deal on the table and passed on it to keep CJ21.

ESimsfan87
04-25-2007, 06:31 PM
That was a pretty good analogy to the Saints "dilemma" of last year. CJesus is just so damn good its too hard not to have him on our team if we would pick him. Don't get me wrong I'm still hoping for PWillie or Laron Landry at the end of the day maybe at 8(for Laron) or 11(Willis) but man it just seems like he's foolproof and would bring legitmacy to our offense. Its gonna be interesting come Saturday...

Geo
04-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey, good news then.

asmitty45
04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Just bump up the asking price for the #2 pick

detroit4life
04-25-2007, 07:36 PM
the whole raiders negotiating with quinn IMO is a negotiating tactic to make JR accept a lower salary in fear of not being #1

jbombul
04-25-2007, 09:43 PM
they are also negotiating with jamarcus russell and cj

Aard
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Oakland will want to know all about Quinn if they decide to swap places with Cleveland.

reinar
04-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Lions care only if Oakland take a Qb, or if they trade with Browns, who also take a QB. that makes Lions really happy.

they then draft CJ, or get what they want without drafting him from TB/ATL cause of the bidding war.