PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats get final piece for championship puzzle.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 10:16 AM
According to ESPN.com, Bonzi Wells is close to signing with the Charlotte Bobcats. Is this the move that will finally put them over the hump and into championship contendors?

Vince Lombardi
09-22-2006, 10:18 AM
I voted #2. Potential is the key word.

Rob S
09-22-2006, 10:24 AM
2 of course, the team is all potential right now

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 10:31 AM
But aren't we all just harbingers of potential in this crazy mixed-up world Rob? I mean...as Nick Lachey says..."I don't want to stand in the shadow of my mistakes". Obviously he's talking about the Charolette Bobcats and their 2006-2007 NBA Championship potential. Why not here? Why not now?

bigbluedefense
09-22-2006, 10:36 AM
But aren't we all just harbingers of potential in this crazy mixed-up world Rob? I mean...as Nick Lachey says..."I don't want to stand in the shadow of my mistakes". Obviously he's talking about the Charolette Bobcats and their 2006-2007 NBA Championship potential. Why not here? Why not now?

If theres room for it, thats going in the sig.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-22-2006, 10:39 AM
hehe, "potential" is the reason why I'm in BF_51's sig. Silly me.

bigbluedefense
09-22-2006, 10:39 AM
damn, it didn't fit :(

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
No the Packers don't have potential either. 8)

BBD. Just take out that silly part about the Giants being better than the Bears. Everyone knows that it isn't true anyway.

Come on guys...VOTE!! I know that the Charlotte Bobcats are watching. They just need someone to believe in them.

If we can reach 100 votes I'm sure that they will take home the championship.

bigbluedefense
09-22-2006, 10:46 AM

BBD. Just take out that silly part about the Giants being better than the Bears. Everyone knows that it isn't true anyway.

Come on guys...VOTE!! I know that the Charlotte Bobcats are watching. They just need someone to believe in them.

I did, it still wouldn't fit. I can't take out the sig picture because I just got it and that would be messed up. Its ok though, its a classic quote none the less.

ccB
09-22-2006, 10:48 AM
They are not even a playoff team with bonzi wells.

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 10:52 AM
the Bulls are winning it this year, so unfortunately, they have no chance.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM

I did, it still wouldn't fit. I can't take out the sig picture because I just got it and that would be messed up. Its ok though, its a classic quote none the less.

Based on talent alone the Packers have potential to be 10-6. With 20 something new faces on the team there's no way I should expect that. So what I'm saying is I was dumb for saying that and I can't make predictions on a team like that again. But, I am not the only one who said that on here.

And I agree with VLS, and I can't wait to see the Ben Wallace mystique in a Bulls uni.

Rob S
well, shawn may is fat, felton is going to have to develop more, and emeka is going to have to stay on the floor, and morrison is gonna have to actualy play defense. Those are a lot of question marks.

njx9
i hope ESPN picks up this storyline, it'd be entertaining to see a charlotte championship watch

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 11:01 AM

Based on talent alone the Packers have potential to be 10-6. With 20 something new faces on the team there's no way I should expect that. So what I'm saying is I was dumb for saying that and I can't make predictions on a team like that again. But, I am not the only one who said that on here.

And I agree with VLS, and I can't wait to see the Ben Wallace mystique in a Bulls uni.

The Packers absolutely do NOT have the talent right now to be a 10-6 team... I just don't know where you get that from...

intergalacticspacemonkey
09-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Packers suck more than a sucking machine on full sucking power.

Nerv
09-22-2006, 11:07 AM
They are not even a playoff team with bonzi wells.

I agree. They are going to need some people to develop very well this off season to be able to make a run to get into the playoffs.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-22-2006, 11:11 AM

The Packers absolutely do NOT have the talent right now to be a 10-6 team... I just don't know where you get that from...

Oh man, it's just like anything else, in college football if you have a bunch of talent and don't get the job done you suck. I'm not saying they will be 10-6, and like I said I resent making that statement. They won't be 10-6. But if everything was based on talent it would be damn close. You don't have to have star power to be a talented team. I haven't said they were good since I made that prediction back in training camp. All I'm saying now is it's talented team with lots of potential and they're incredibly inexperienced. I'm not saying they're better than anyone, I just made a dumb prediction thinking everything was based on talent and included the fact that we have a really weak schedule.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-22-2006, 11:14 AM
It's just like the young Clippers 5 or 6 years ago. Or these Bobcats, based on talent they're really good but as far as a winning team is concerned it's not close.

WhiteRat
09-22-2006, 11:38 AM
All I'm saying now is it's talented team with lots of potential and they're incredibly inexperienced. I'm not saying they're better than anyone, I just made a dumb prediction thinking everything was based on talent and included the fact that we have a really weak schedule.

So according to your logic the Vikings should be at least 12-4. The Patriots and the Seahawks should be 15-1, right?

Nitschke-Hawk
09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
All I'm saying now is it's talented team with lots of potential and they're incredibly inexperienced. I'm not saying they're better than anyone, I just made a dumb prediction thinking everything was based on talent and included the fact that we have a really weak schedule.

So according to your logic the Vikings should be at least 12-4. The Patriots and the Seahawks should be 15-1, right?

Look man, I already said it was dumb for me to say that and it's really not a big deal. But to basically say the Patriots have that much potential is just as idiotic as what I said. If you think the Patriots are that talented you're crazy. They win exclusively on experience and coaching now. What games were you watching they barely beat the Bills and the Jets.

09-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Missing piece to champsionship puzzle?!?!? LOL LOL LOL LOL BONZI WELLS?!?!LOL LOL LOL maybe to avoid they from getting a severe penalty for not having a high enough salary cap puzzle. The Bulls arent winning it either. The Championship is coming down to 8 teams next year

Heat
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Pistons
Lakers
Pacers
Cavs

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-22-2006, 11:59 AM
06-07 Bobcats>>96 Bulls.

WhiteRat
09-22-2006, 12:03 PM
06-07 Bobcats>>96 Bulls.

Sans Jud Buechler of course.

njx9
09-22-2006, 12:04 PM
what in the hell does this have to do with the packers? bearsfan asked about a different moribund franchise. let's stop piling onto nitszcheasdfadsfhkl-hawk about his team.

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 12:17 PM
what in the hell does this have to do with the packers? bearsfan asked about a different moribund franchise. let's stop piling onto nitszcheasdfadsfhkl-hawk about his team.

nitszcheasdfadsfhkl-hawk brought his team up in the first place... check it, i'm not not right.

So anyway, saying a team like the Packer has 10-6 potential is crazy, because that means that the Bears have the potential to be around 24-2... which is obviously impossible, don't even try to say the packers have anywhere near the potential that the bears do.

njx9
09-22-2006, 12:20 PM

nitszcheasdfadsfhkl-hawk brought his team up in the first place... check it, i'm not not right.

So anyway, saying a team like the Packer has 10-6 potential is crazy, because that means that the Bears have the potential to be around 24-2... which is obviously impossible, don't even try to say the packers have anywhere near the potential that the bears do.

he may have, but the fact that 6 other people have come out of the woodworks to add such insight as "the packers suck!" for no reason is obnoxious.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM

he may have, but the fact that 6 other people have come out of the woodworks to add such insight as "the packers suck!" for no reason is obnoxious.
Especially when this thread is about why the Bobcats could win the championship. Guys, I don't think you understand how great this Bobcats team could be. They could be like the New Orleans Jazz of the 1960's. No question about it.

njx9
09-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Especially when this thread is about why the Bobcats could win the championship. Guys, I don't think you understand how great this Bobcats team could be. They could be like the New Orleans Jazz of the 1960's. No question about it.

i like the jazz better in utah.

literally.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 12:33 PM
http://kfba.net/etc/playerpics/377.jpg

This thread really excites Primoz Brezec.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Missing piece to champsionship puzzle?!?!? LOL LOL LOL LOL BONZI WELLS?!?!LOL LOL LOL maybe to avoid they from getting a severe penalty for not having a high enough salary cap puzzle. The Bulls arent winning it either. The Championship is coming down to 8 teams next year

Heat
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Pistons
Lakers
Pacers
Cavs
Stingray why do you have to be so negative? Have you ever seen Primoz Brezec play? You probably haven't judging by your statements. Why pick all the teams that everyone else thinks will win? Anyone could do that. The Bobcats probably have the best young talent in the Southeast Division. If you don't believe that you're probably either on drugs or a communist.

njx9
09-22-2006, 12:44 PM
http://kfba.net/etc/playerpics/377.jpg

This thread really excites Primoz Brezec.

. . . . . . http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/01/26/in-morrison-mustache.jpg

after seeing that image, adam wants to know if primo would co-star in morrison's next... "film".

DChess
09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
r u high, id give them 3 or 4 years until teh playoffs and im being generous.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Dchess what are you talking about? As a fellow Cleveland fan you should understand the situation the Bobcats are in. When we drafted Lebron James everyone thought it was a terrible move. Why take a chance on a no-name high school kid when other move proven players like Chris Kamen and Michael Sweetney were available? But it worked out then and it's going to work out now. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, it matters if it feels right. When you're older, you'll understand.

DChess
09-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Dchess what are you talking about? As a fellow Cleveland fan you should understand the situation the Bobcats are in. When we drafted Lebron James everyone thought it was a terrible move. Why take a chance on a no-name high school kid when other move proven players like Chris Kamen and Michael Sweetney were available? But it worked out then and it's going to work out now. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, it matters if it feels right. When you're older, you'll understand.

now im being serious r u high or jsu tmessing with me? cause i dont wont to look like a fool. but if you arent then... lebron james was not a nobody, he is the greatest prosepct to come out of the NBA draft. the bobcats all have swing players, and no leaders or superstars. okefor is hurt all the time and morrison is gonna do **** in the NBA. felton is good and hell probaly be great, but the one thing that keept this franhcise from growing was the orlando magic, not taking okefor like everybody said and taking the best young center int he league now, dwight howard.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Nobody had even heard of Lebron James untill last season.

No superstars???

Primoz Brezec?!?!?

Bonzi Wells?!?!

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:06 PM

No superstars???

Primoz Brezec?!?!?

Bonzi Wells?!?!

hahahaha holy crap no way. u r tripping balls right now.

his games where on ESPN...........IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! it was one of the strongest draft classes, they couldve taken carmelo or d wade, but everybody knew and siad take lebron, he was the concensious number one pick. it was the lebron james sweepstakes. everybody kenw who lebron james was in high school, nobody knew him until last year, ahha wow, thats unbelivable. he was a star, as a junior in high school, i cant ge tover the fact that u think lebron wa sjust ordinary player who kicked into gear this year.

on onther note, r u high? because primz brezec is not a superstar, he is a alright player who is raw. bonzi wells is a solid player but not a superstar, if he was a superstar somebody who have signed him before, and it wouldnt have been the bobcats thats for sure.

09-22-2006, 01:07 PM

Heat
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Pistons
Lakers
Pacers
Cavs
Stingray why do you have to be so negative? Have you ever seen Primoz Brezec play? You probably haven't judging by your statements. Why pick all the teams that everyone else thinks will win? Anyone could do that. The Bobcats probably have the best young talent in the Southeast Division. If you don't believe that you're probably either on drugs or a communist.

I have seen the Bobcats play, I have NBA league pass. Primoz Brezec is good but that team is not Championship level yet. in 2 or 3 years yes but now NO. It takes playoff experience to win in the NBA. and Not with the coach you have now either. There is a lot of young talent in that divison. To be honest I think the Lakers are gonna be in the finals

09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
i heard of LBJ when he was a sophmore is HS

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM

Heat
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Pistons
Lakers
Pacers
Cavs

I have seen the Bobcats play, I have NBA league pass. Primoz Brezec is good but that team is not Championship level yet. in 2 or 3 years yes but now NO. It takes playoff experience to win in the NBA. and Not with the coach you have now either. There is a lot of young talent in that divison. To be honest I think the Lakers are gonna be in the finals

dont give in to him and say that they are championship contenders in three years, cause they arent MAYBE playoff.

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:09 PM
i heard of LBJ when he was a sophmore is HS

i did too, im jsut saying the whole world didnt knwo aobut him until he was a junior, i live in ohio, so eveyrbody here knew about lebron, jus tlike how all of us knew about o.j mayo for a while, but now he left ohio, what a ******

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:10 PM

No superstars???

Primoz Brezec?!?!?

Bonzi Wells?!?!

his games where on ESPN...........IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! it was one of the strongest draft classes, they couldve taken carmelo or d wade, but everybody knew and siad take lebron, he was the concensious number one pick. it was the lebron james sweepstakes. everybody kenw who lebron james was in high school, nobody knew him until last year, ahha wow, thats unbelivable. he was a star, as a junior in high school, i cant ge tover the fact that u think lebron wa sjust ordinary player who kicked into gear this year.

on onther note, r u high? because primz brezec is not a superstar, he is a alright player who is raw. bonzi wells is a solid player but not a superstar, if he was a superstar somebody who have signed him before, and it wouldnt have been the bobcats thats for sure.
The aspect of Lebron's game that seperates him from Brezec is his arm span. If Lebron's arms were like 2 feet shorter he wouldn't even be in the NBA and I DARE you to refute that.

And why do you keep mentioning drug use? Maybe you should join Comrade stingray and all of the other communist hippies that keep hating on the Bobcats.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:11 PM

Heat
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Pistons
Lakers
Pacers
Cavs

Whatever you say Stalin.

shavedaeyebrow2
09-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Ok, lets just settle this, Bobcats have all the potential in the world, now they just need a few years to get down some team chemistry and get used to the NBA. We all know the Nets are going to be NBA Finals Champs :D !

but honestly, if you hadn't heard of lebron james before last year, you must've been living in a cave for the last few years.

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:13 PM

No superstars???

Primoz Brezec?!?!?

Bonzi Wells?!?!

The aspect of Lebron's game that seperates him from Brezec is his arm span. If Lebron's arms were like 2 feet shorter he wouldn't even be in the NBA and I DARE you to refute that.

And why do you keep mentioning drug use? Maybe you should join Comrade stingray and all of the other communist hippies that keep hating on the Bobcats.

ok fine ur not high, r u stupid. 2 feet shorter, omg he would have stumps for arms, NOBODY would be in the nba if there arms were two feet shorter, ahaha omg were not playing kickball. and if you ever compare brezec to leborn agian we have a serious problem. i like how u said hwo cant refute the arm span, of course i cant thats one of the most outrageous statements i hvae ever heard.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:15 PM
but honestly, if you hadn't heard of lebron james before last year, you must've been living in a cave for the last few years.
Do you think they would have the internet in a cave shavedeyebrow? Now who's being silly. Guys I like in Akron, I've had lunch with Lebron, he's a pretty tall guy, but he would be the first to tell you that the only reason why he's a superstar is because of his long arms. He wishes he was half the player that Primoz Brezec is and so do all of you. Stop being jealous. I don't see how anyone can say that they don't have a chance to win next year. None of you are Lesley Visser. You can't see the future.

drowe
09-22-2006, 01:16 PM

eh, either he has zero (0) sports knowlege, or this thread is an attempt at humor that failed....quite miserably.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:17 PM

No superstars???

Primoz Brezec?!?!?

Bonzi Wells?!?!

ok fine ur not high, r u stupid. 2 feet shorter, omg he would have stumps for arms, NOBODY would be in the nba if there arms were two feet shorter, ahaha omg were not playing kickball. and if you ever compare brezec to leborn agian we have a serious problem. i like how u said hwo cant refute the arm span, of course i cant thats one of the most outrageous statements i hvae ever heard.
Brezec could score 20 points per game with stumps for arms and so could I. That's exactely my point. Everyone wants to make excuses for why Lebron is good because he sells shoes. If people wanted to wear Primoz's shoes he would have been MVP 5 years ago.

DChess

eh, either he has zero (0) sports knowlege, or this thread is an attempt at humor that failed....quite miserably.

hes high as balls right now leave him alone

shavedaeyebrow2
Do you think they would have the internet in a cave shavedeyebrow? Now who's being silly.
Yes, because i literally meant, you lived in a cave :roll:

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:19 PM

Remember when you said the Packers had just as good of a chance to win the NFC North as anyone else. Now THAT was funny.

drowe
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM

Remember when you said the Packers had just as good of a chance to win the NFC North as anyone else. Now THAT was funny.

yeah, never quite said that...i said IF everything goes their way (no injuries, all draft picks pan out, a couple lucky bounces) they could do well.......that is the most optimistic thing i've said about the packers this year. so, you're trying to shift the focus on to the packers again...no surprise. if i made half the moronic comments you just made, i'd try to change the subject too 8)

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:24 PM

yeah, never quite said that...i said IF everything goes their way (no injuries, all draft picks pan out, a couple lucky bounces) they could do well.......that is the most optimistic thing i've said about the packers this year. so, you're trying to shift the focus on to the packers again...no surprise. if i made half the moronic comments you just made, i'd try to change the subject too 8)
Drowe, the Bobcats are going to win the championship next year. I almost feel dumb for having to argue this. Obviously I'm not the only person to feel this way as 100% of the people voted think they either will, or have the potential to. People believe in Primoz Brezec. And it's no wonder why.

Vince Lombardi
09-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Wow, there's some gullible people on this site. :shock: :lol:

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:28 PM

Drowe, the Bobcats are going to win the championship next year. I almost feel dumb for having to argue this. Obviously I'm not the only person to feel this way as 100% of the people voted think they either will, or have the potential to. People believe in Primoz Brezec. And it's no wonder why.

i can not listen to you anymore, either your trying to be funny, or ur acutally high, or ur 8 years old.

drowe
09-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Drowe.

why do people keep capitalizing my 'd'? if you look at my username, it is clearly drowe, not Drowe. every letter in my name is equally unimportant. and if you're gonna capitalize a letter, make it the 'w' because as a packer fan, i don't know how many chances i'll have to see a big "W" this year.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Drowe.

why do people keep capitalizing my 'd'? if you look at my username, it is clearly drowe, not Drowe. every letter in my name is equally unimportant. and if you're gonna capitalize a letter, make it the 'w' because as a packer fan, i don't know how many chances i'll have to see a big "W" this year.
I can't start sentences with lower-case letters. It makes me nervous.

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Drowe.

I can't start sentences with lower-case letters. It makes me nervous.

me 2, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i did it, omg omg im having a anxiety attack

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 01:32 PM
bearsfan_51, with his thought provoking insight, and agruement, has swayed me...

BOBCATS ARE GONNA WIN IT ALL!

LEBRON "STUMPY ARM" JAMES IS OVERRATED!

and Drowe has a capital D!

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:33 PM
bearsfan_51, with his thought provoking insight, and agruement, has swayed me...

BOBCATS ARE GONNA WIN IT ALL!

LEBRON "STUMPY ARM" JAMES IS OVERRATED!

and Drowe has a capital D!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bearsfan_51
09-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I know what you mean..buying into all that Lebron James media hype.

DChess
09-22-2006, 01:37 PM

vince, at least my personal tag doesnt say gulliable on it.

njx9
09-22-2006, 01:43 PM

it's amazing isn't it?

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 01:56 PM

it's amazing isn't it?

wait... what do you guys mean? All this talk about Primoz Brezec isn't true?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-22-2006, 02:05 PM
There goes any chance of Walter Herrmann developing.

njx9
09-22-2006, 02:26 PM

it's amazing isn't it?

no no no, obviously brezec is a much bigger star than people here realize.

diabsoule
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I think it's a good signing for them but their draft picks definately need to live up to their potential in order for them to contend for anything.

Vince Lombardi
09-22-2006, 02:52 PM

It's ok man, I still love you.

DChess
09-22-2006, 02:58 PM

It's ok man, I still love you.

:lol:

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 03:04 PM

it's amazing isn't it?

no no no, obviously brezec is a much bigger star than people here realize.

o thank you jebus... that was a close one.

BehrenMan007
09-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Final piece to CHAMPIONSHIP PUZZLE?
Bit of a reach.

VoteLynnSwan
09-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Bit of a reach.

how so? This statement defies logic.

DChess
09-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Bit of a reach.

how so? This statement defies logic.

i cant say anything becuase i thougth he was serious :(

09-22-2006, 10:06 PM
06-07 Bobcats>>>Lakers on NBA Live 2004.

Brodeur
09-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Sean May was a ridiculously dumb pick by the Bobcats. And Gerald Wallace will win DPOY.

09-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Sean May was a ridiculously dumb pick by the Bobcats. And Gerald Wallace will win DPOY.

Almost as dumb as Michael Jordan over Tim McCormick, probably the worst move ever, totally doomed the franchise forever.

Brodeur
09-22-2006, 10:29 PM

Almost as dumb as Michael Jordan over Tim McCormick, probably the worst move ever, totally doomed the franchise forever.

...........I'm going to ignore that beause it's the right thing to do.

JDRaymond
09-22-2006, 11:36 PM
no bonzi wells is not going to get them over the hump he is a good player but not a great player. and there young talent is still learning so they have a few more years before i believe they are a playoff team

09-22-2006, 11:36 PM

...........I'm going to ignore that beause it's the right thing to do.

I'm gonna take that as you surrendering to my far superior basketball knowledge.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Guys I just got off the phone with Charlotte Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff.

http://www.50hoops.org/images/BernieBickerstaff.jpg

He said that the team is really amped about all the support you are throwing their way. Keep the votes coming guys. Only 88 more left to go!!!