PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Nelson...just for discussion

Vilma the Animal
04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I got the idea for this thread when someone said they would want to trade up for Landry if anyone, even though safety isn't a major need at all. I know Reggie Nelson worked out with the Jets, and its looking like theres a small chance he could slip to 25. So if he's the BPA at the Jets pick how would you feel about taking Nelson, just to have a sick safety combo, even though obviously we have bigger needs? And before you all jump on me, know that t his is just out of curiosity mostly.

derza222
04-25-2007, 07:12 PM
From what I gather he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's a really good player, and while I wouldn't be disappointed with the pick there are for sure going to be guys that I think would be better fits for us on the board. But regardless I don't think we're going to pick him, at least basing this off of what we did last year.

Vilma the Animal
04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
From what I gather he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's a really good player, and while I wouldn't be disappointed with the pick there are for sure going to be guys that I think would be better fits for us on the board. But regardless I don't think we're going to pick him, at least basing this off of what we did last year.

Neither do I, I was just throwing it out there. And I wonder if anyone has any info on how his visit with us went...

hcbrad08
04-26-2007, 11:00 PM
We all know Nelson is not a Mangini player, right? Safety is not a need, right? He's the only one we've met with twice, right? But there is a team within our division who is projected to draft one of the top safeties in the 1st round of the draft and this may simply be a smokescreen to throw the Patriots off of their 1st pick.

Personally, I think the Jets are trying to make the Patriots pick a Saftey with their 1st pick in the 1st round perhaps so they prevent the Pats from taking a guy they like at CB or more likely LB.

With their 2 1st rounders the Pats will debate whether to go Safety, LB or perhaps even CB with pick 1a. If we can throw them off and make them take a safety it may leave us with prospects at LB and CB.

I think we could pick up a guy we both like such as Puz or Ross that the Patriots both said were 'outstanding individuals' who could be potential #23 picks. By posing the threat of being really interested in Nelson who the Pats liek we may affect who they pick first as we are right in the middle of their 2 1st rounders and be able to snag a guy we like and take one of their coveted players.

Then again who knows, this all falls to sh!t if Griffin and Nelson are on the board at the same time. Maybe we really like him and are moving away from the squeakers we drafted last year. Above is the only reason I could think of for why we would meet with a guy who apparently DID NOT GO TO A CLASS FOR 50+ DAYS STRAIGHT.

Non_Sequitur
04-27-2007, 02:04 AM
The only time you should draft a Safety in round one is if he's something very special.

frogstomp
04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Coleman definitely deserves another year at starting, I believe he can still become something special.