PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Prospect Projected in the TOP to fall ?

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Every year one of the TOP 15 prospects on everyones Draft Board seems to drop for whatever reason (off the field issues, poor workouts, injury, etc.) into the late 1st or fall out of the 1st completely and not get picked until the 2nd or 3rd round. Who does everyone think it will be this year ?

Always seems they turn out to be a stud in the league (ie. Randy Moss, Warren Sapp, Luis Castillo, Emmitt Smith, Marcus McNeil, Terrell Davis, Rocket Ismail) on some level.

I wouldnt mind it being someone like a Ted Ginn or Alan Branch they would be great additions, or even Joe Staley now that he is flying up the draft boards potentially into the TOP 12.

America
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I could easily see Alan Branch falling. Same with Charles Johnson. Michael Bush could fall far.

So with top 15 prospects...Branch, Peterson(his newfound reoccuring collarbone injury could take him out of the top 10), Jamaal Anderson, Reggie Nelson - not really top 15.

Ravens1991
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
no way Branch falls or we take Branch after we re-signed Gregg.

go_ravens94
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Branch falls.

Staley rises.

Troj2man
04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Brandon Merriweather. With the new player conduct policy and the trouble that Merriweather has gotten into on and off the field, I see him dropping at least out of the first round. There are some draft gurus that think Merriweather is one of the top 3 safeties in this draft.

Yung Flippa
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
i think that Charles Johnson and Tank Tyler will fall and become at least solid starters in the NFL

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Brandon Merriweather. With the new player conduct policy and the trouble that Merriweather has gotten into on and off the field, I see him dropping at least out of the first round. There are some draft gurus that think Merriweather is one of the top 3 safeties in this draft.

Totally could see that, there are a lot of prospects with conduct issues Merriweather could fall to late 2nd early 3rd maybe...

America
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
i think that Charles Johnson and Tank Tyler will fall and become at least solid starters in the NFL

Sweet two of my favorites, I'd love to get one in the 2nd.

Troj2man
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Totally could see that, there are a lot of prospects with conduct issues Merriweather could fall to late 2nd early 3rd maybe...

Yeah there are a lot of prospects with conduct issues. I still can't get over what Merriweather did against FIU this past season. If he does that in the NFL, he's looking for a pizza delivery job the next day.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-26-2007, 05:38 AM

No way does he fall, if anything he has reason. Pre Senior Bowl, Combine and workouts everyone had him 3rd round at best now he is likely a first rounder, most expect him now to go 2nd but he could easily go first.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM
no way Branch falls or we take Branch after we re-signed Gregg.

Thats not true my friend, we go BPA, and especially this year, if Branch is at #29 he would be BPA by far and we would take him. Just imagine this after this year when Rex leaves to coach somewhere else we go back to a 4-3 and we have Branch(6'4 340) and Ngata(6'4 340) in the middle......who is gonna run on us?

Now with all that said no chance Branch is there at 29.

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Thats not true my friend, we go BPA, and especially this year, if Branch is at #29 he would be BPA by far and we would take him. Just imagine this after this year when Rex leaves to coach somewhere else we go back to a 4-3 and we have Bracn(6'4 340) and Ngata(6'4 340) in the middle......who is gonna run on us?

Now with all that said no chance Branch is there at 29.

Your probably correct about him not being there, think of the run defense we would have with him in there... but he has been dropping like a rock for over a month now. Everyone (including Mel Kiper) questions his motor and says he might have a weight problem too. At 6'6" I don't see 340lbs as too big.. you are correct about how are you going to run on Ngata and Branch in the middle !!!

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Your probably correct about him not being there, think of the run defense we would have with him in there... but he has been dropping like a rock for over a month now. Everyone (including Mel Kiper) questions his motor and says he might have a weight problem too. At 6'6" I don't see 340lbs as too big.. you are correct about how are you going to run on Ngata and Branch in the middle !!!

Kind of funny those questions about his motor and weight since they are basically the same knocks Ngata had on him last year.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Kind of funny those questions about his motor and weight since they are basically the same knocks Ngata had on him last year.

Yeah alot of guys with questionable motors should just play alongside Ray Lewis, they would get that motor real fast.

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 11:52 AM

Good Lord Dude would you back off... If I said the sky was blue you would say its a shade of green ! You seriously need to seek professional help. I guess that is wrong information about Alan Branch too Mr Expert... I never said not to take him I stated why he was dropping...hell I was the one that brought him up !

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Good Lord Dude would you back off... If I said the sky was blue you would say its a shade of green ! You seriously need to seek professional help. I guess that is wrong information about Alan Branch too Mr Expert... I never said not to take him I stated why he was dropping...hell I was the one that brought him up !

Ass clown I was merely suggesting that those rumors may be proven false for Branch as well they did for Ngata you arrogant and conceded jerk. If you actually took a second to read and comprehend the post you would see I was actually agreeing with you that Branch will still be a mid-round pick in the 1st. You are becoming very trollish lately, I'm getting a bit worried about you.