PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Terrapins Football

Pages : [1] 2

SeanTaylorRIP
04-26-2007, 05:35 AM
I'm sure most if not all Ravens fans here love the Terps, so I'd like to know your season outlook. Who will be QB Steffy or Portis, who will start RB Ball or Lattimore although they will probably just split carries again so it doesn't matter, and this year I think Erin Henderson and Darrius Heyward Bey will both prove to be first rounder, as both are eligible next year. Also whats the news on Jared Gaither?

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Hopefully the starting QB will be Josh Portis. The RBs will split carries but I hope to see more Keon Lattimore than Lance Ball. And yes Erin Henderson and Derrius Heyward-Bey are definitely first rd talent and should both be 1st rd picks!!! And I believe Gaither is back meaning if he has a great season he is Levi Brown next year, a guy who comes from out of nowhere to be a top 10 pick.

ccB
04-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Steffey has been declared the Starter already. He has supposedly looked very good also.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Steffey has been declared the Starter already. He has supposedly looked very good also.

All hope is lost.

ccB
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Can anyone tell me about Josh Portis? Hes a sophmore right?

I think the terps have a really good chance to win the ACC next year. If our QB situation goes good we should have a pretty solid offense and you guys are right Erin Henderson is a beast and will be a better version of his brother. Im pretty excited for Maryland football.

On a side note, I cant wait for Antwine Perez to play. He transfered here from USC. He will have to sit out all next year but the kid is a monster safety prospect and could be the next "Sean Taylor" type safety.

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Gaither will have 1 more year of eligibility I think he needs to come back for his senior year. Not only will it make MD a MUCH better team but he can refine his skills and potentially be a TOP 10 pick. He is a physical beast that is getting better and better game by game. Most players his size played Varsity Football for 4 years in HS then went on to play in College somewhere so by the time they get to the NFL they have some wear on their tires sort of speak. Gaither though only played 1 year of HS football then went to a Prep school before coming to UMD and starting at LT so he only has 4 years of organized football experience ! He probably has one of the biggest upsides at LT then anyone I have seen play in long time. Someone with his physical attributes learning to play the position correctly from a quality coach at a big school, he will not have bad habits just limited experience when he gets to the NFL.

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 08:24 AM

I think the terps have a really good chance to win the ACC next year. If our QB situation goes good we should have a pretty solid offense and you guys are right Erin Henderson is a beast and will be a better version of his brother. Im pretty excited for Maryland football.

On a side note, I cant wait for Antwine Perez to play. He transfered here from USC. He will have to sit out all next year but the kid is a monster safety prospect and could be the next "Sean Taylor" type safety.

Not familiar with the transfer from USC ? That would be great if we had someone like that on the Team !!! Why did he transfer and where is he from ???

ccB
04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Not familiar with the transfer from USC ? That would be great if we had someone like that on the Team !!! Why did he transfer and where is he from ???

Scout.com had him ranked as a 5 star recruit. I think he transferred from USC because of the lack of playing time in the future. Hes from Camdem NJ and this is what scout has to say about him.

"Can you say Ronnie Lott, Perez is explosive when he closes on an opposition he acts like he was just shot out of a cannon. He finishes each tackle, and punsishes the opposing player. A very versatile and athletic prospect. Needs to improve his coverage skills, but should have no problem doing so."

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
WOW that would be great if we could get ahold of him and he plays up to that level.. We totally could be out playing Teams like Va Tech and our recruiting them too...Friedgen needs to be a better job recruiting those Top notch players in PA and the Carolinas not just getting those super freaks that can bench press the weight room and will probably run at the next olympics !! I trust him though and that method worked for Bowden at FSU it just took awhile for him to catch up with those athletes and find out how to use them..

SeanTaylorRIP
04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Just imagine if Maryland landed those high profile guys who showed interest initially in Maryland like Marvin Austin and Percy Harvin, and Derrick Williams.

dcarey20
04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
The upcoming season should be an exciting one. We have a bunch of NFL-caliber players that don't get talked about very often.

First off, I'm a bit dissapointed about Steffy being our guy. I guess he has looked better, but I really want Portis to be our starter at quarterback.

Lance Ball and Lattimore are money as a 1-2 combo, I love how we use them.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is one of my favorite players and if he continues to progress, I think he's a first rounder. 6'2", 210 pounds, legit 4.3 speed doesn't come around that often. And I think he actually has room to get bigger and faster.

Erin Henderson is amazing as well. Tackling machine with great talent, and I think he could be as good as his brother was. A sleeper pick for the Butkus award in my opinion and potential 1st rounder.

If Gaither has a good year, and than has some Maryland type workouts, he should also be a 1st rounder.

Another guy that doesn't get talked about very often is nose tackle Dre Moore. I think he had a great year last season. He's got ridiculous potential. 310 pounds with 4.8 speed and great strength. I realize this is a bit optimistic, but if he has a great season, I think he could hear his name called in the first round.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Erin won't be as good as EJ in college but Erin is a much better prospect, his athleticism is what separates him from EJ. EJ would be the next Ray Lewis if he was more fluid.

Ravens1991
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I cant wait to see Zach Brown as our RB. MD state title for 100 and 200 meter runs, plus 215 pound state champion, my friend wrestled him and said he was the strongest person he ever wrestled, I cant wait to see him on the field.

ccB
04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Just imagine if Maryland landed those high profile guys who showed interest initially in Maryland like Marvin Austin and Percy Harvin, and Derrick Williams.

Also it would have been nice if Melvin Alaeze didnt get kicked off the team. For a while I had visions of Alaeze and Austin as the most beastly DT duo ever. Now we have neither.

go_ravens94
04-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I cant wait to see Zach Brown as our RB. MD state title for 100 and 200 meter runs, plus 215 pound state champion, my friend wrestled him and said he was the strongest person he ever wrestled, I cant wait to see him on the field.

Cool. Looks like we have a bright future at RB!

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Perez could be a monster in the secondary once he's able to play. I look forward to watching him come next year.

neko4
04-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Cant wait to see Hayward-Bay this year. Who does everyone think will get drafted this year?

Percy is 757 fo life
Word

go_ravens94
04-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Cant wait to see Hayward-Bay this year. Who does everyone think will get drafted this year?

Heyward-Bey, Ball, Lattimore are for sure.

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 05:35 PM

Don't forget Aurelious Benn this year that went to Illinois instead of UMD... he and Heyward-Bey would have been an incredible 1-2 at WR !! Instead he is going to be catching the ball for Juice Williams that bastard !!!

SeanTaylorRIP
04-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Being a Redshirt Sophmore I think Heyward might stay, but guys like VD sure help out his draft hype.

Troj2man
04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Word out of UMD is that Heyward-Bey is struggling with his GPA. Ralph Friedgen said that he wants his players to carry at least a 2.5 GPA. Heyward-Bey is coming in at around 2.0-2.2 right now. Hopefully he can get his grades up and be able to play football this year.

Also did anyone else hear that Jeremy Ricker has decided to transfer? He said that he wasn't getting a fair shot. It's a shame that kids like this think they should have everything handed to them. Sure he was upset about Portis coming in, but he should have stuck it out for at least a year. After all, Hollenbach was 4th on the chart and took over the job due to injury. He went on to start for 2 straight years. Something similar could have happened with Ricker.

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Word out of UMD is that Heyward-Bey is struggling with his GPA. Ralph Friedgen said that he wants his players to carry at least a 2.5 GPA. Heyward-Bey is coming in at around 2.0-2.2 right now. Hopefully he can get his grades up and be able to play football this year.

Also did anyone else hear that Jeremy Ricker has decided to transfer? He said that he wasn't getting a fair shot. It's a shame that kids like this think they should have everything handed to them. Sure he was upset about Portis coming in, but he should have stuck it out for at least a year. After all, Hollenbach was 4th on the chart and took over the job due to injury. He went on to start for 2 straight years. Something similar could have happened with Ricker.

The 2.5 GPA is if the wish to play 2 sports, he wants to run track but isn't being allowed due to him not having a 2.5. He's fine in terms of football but is unable to compete in track, and thats Friedgen's rule about the 2.5 not a NCAA.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
The upcoming season should be an exciting one. We have a bunch of NFL-caliber players that don't get talked about very often.

First off, I'm a bit dissapointed about Steffy being our guy. I guess he has looked better, but I really want Portis to be our starter at quarterback.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is one of my favorite players and if he continues to progress, I think he's a first rounder. 6'2", 210 pounds, legit 4.3 speed doesn't come around that often. And I think he actually has room to get bigger and faster.

Erin Henderson is amazing as well. Tackling machine with great talent, and I think he could be as good as his brother was. A sleeper pick for the Butkus award in my opinion and potential 1st rounder.

If Gaither has a good year, and than has some Maryland type workouts, he should also be a 1st rounder.

Another guy that doesn't get talked about very often is nose tackle Dre Moore. I think he had a great year last season. He's got ridiculous potential. 310 pounds with 4.8 speed and great strength. I realize this is a bit optimistic, but if he has a great season, I think he could hear his name called in the first round.

I think Dre could be a first day pick, I really love the way he plays on that DL. 2 other guys I think we'll see playing on sundays soon from UMD are Jeremy Navarre just a beast and a very good DE, prolly a tweener in the pros, and Trey Covington I think he could be a great 3-4 OLB and heres to hoping he plays that position greatly in a black Ravens jersey!!

dcarey20
04-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Heyward-Bey, Ball, Lattimore are for sure.

If Heyward Bey and Henderson come out, they will both be high picks.

Others include Dre Moore, who should be at least a day 1 pick, Jared Gaither in the first or second round, Joey Haynos 2nd day, and definitely Lance Ball and Keon on second day with an outside chance for first.

go_ravens94
04-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Forgot about Gaither and Erin.

ChefMike
04-27-2007, 06:42 PM

Ok this is going back before my time but Dre Moore brings back comparisons to another uber athletic DT from UMD... Randy White that played DT/DE for the Dallas Cowboys. He could be a real player in the league in a few years.

ChefMike
04-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Wouldnt it be great to see Jared Gaither in the Purple and Black taking over for JO next draft. One 6'9 OT for another 6'9 tackle both with incredible athletic ability and desire to be the best.

go_ravens94
04-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Wouldnt it be great to see Jared Gaither in the Purple and Black taking over for JO next draft. One 6'9 OT for another 6'9 tackle both with incredible athletic ability and desire to be the best.

That would be wonderful for us!

dcarey20
04-27-2007, 07:50 PM

if we don't get joe staley tommorrow then that would be sick

ChefMike
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Looks like next off season we are going to have one of the Top recruiting classes in the nation. We are in the running for the Top FS prospect in the country and we are Top on the radar for RB Lamaar Thomas a Reggie Bush clone that is already running in the 4.3 range prior to his senior season. We have signed Teddy Dargan a nasty DT with a High football IQ with tons of potential. Seems as though we could have a Top Notch program that can compete with OSU & Florida & USC on the recruiting front since we have a presence of helping talented players get to the NFL. Will be scary to get all the transfers eligible and our talented class this year and next on the field in 09 !! National Champs in 2010 !!!!

dcarey20
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Don't know if he's been mentioned, but who else is excited about Antwine Perez coming to Maryland? 4 star safety, transferring after his freshman year at Southern California. 6'1", 200 pounds, 4.5 coming out of HS.

ChefMike
05-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Don't know if he's been mentioned, but who else is excited about Antwine Perez coming to Maryland? 4 star safety, transferring after his freshman year at Southern California. 6'1", 200 pounds, 4.5 coming out of HS.

Someone did mention him in another thread... sounds like an interesting prospect but he isnt playing this year if I am not mistaken... If we get Will Hill through recruiting who is the #1 FS recruit out there and Perez that would be scary to say the least. Maryland could contend for the National Championship in 2009 or 2010 if we continue on our recruiting path we are on...

jkpigskin
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
wow looks like some exciting times ahead for the terps

mikehop05
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
our freshman linebacker.. alex wujarck... something, has been playing amazing this spring...

look for him to be a stud next year

America
05-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Erin Henderson will be a beast. I'd love to get him. He's strong and powerful enough to play 3-4.

ChefMike
05-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Erin Henderson will be a beast. I'd love to get him. He's strong and powerful enough to play 3-4.

I dont know that I would call him strong and powerful... I liken him to Jarvis Moss with a little more strength. He is a lot thinner then his brother was but a lot faster. He would be a good OLB in the 3-4 scheme...

mikehop05
05-10-2007, 01:48 PM
I dont know that I would call him strong and powerful... I liken him to Jarvis Moss with a little more strength. He is a lot thinner then his brother was but a lot faster. He would be a good OLB in the 3-4 scheme...

he bulked up to 235 already this year

and straight from the umd roster website

"365-pound bench tied for highest among inside linebackers last season."

and thats just last season

ccB
05-12-2007, 12:46 PM
http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/042807aac.html

Heres a breakdown of the Red vs White game. Also whoever mentioned Alex Wujciak before is right, this guy is a stud. He reminds me almost of James Lauranatis.

mikehop05
05-12-2007, 10:50 PM
http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/042807aac.html

Heres a breakdown of the Red vs White game. Also whoever mentioned Alex Wujciak before is right, this guy is a stud. He reminds me almost of James Lauranatis.

yeah i've seen him play here, he is so fundamentally solid (like most white LB's) but he has the athleticism to go along with it

when erin is gone this guy will shine

umd... new linebacker U??

EdReedUnstoppable
05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Dagger right in the heart of the UMD season.........

Jared Gaither is academically ineligible to play for the 07 season, and UMD is dropping his scholarship. And now I will jump off of the bay bridge. :(

ccB
05-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Jared Gaither is academically ineligible to play for the 07 season, and UMD is dropping his scholarship. And now I will jump off of the bay bridge. :(

Yeah that sucks, Supplemental draft here he comes. Ill jump off the key bridge, alot closer to my house.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah that sucks, Supplemental draft here he comes. Ill jump off the key bridge, alot closer to my house.

Good point, meet ya there in 20 minutes!

Actually I am reserving my jump, if the Ravens get him then Ill stay dry.

jkpigskin
05-18-2007, 11:38 AM

couldnt he have gone into the nfl draft this year if he wanted to??? i guess he failed his reasoning classes too....

EdReedUnstoppable
05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
couldnt he have gone into the nfl draft this year if he wanted to??? i guess he failed his reasoning classes too....

Yea he could have, from what I heard he wasn't being told he was a definite 1st rounder so he decided to go back because he would have been IMO the top OT prospect next year especially after the combine.

Ravens should take him in the 4th of the Supplemental.

mikehop05
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
gaither was given the spring off of practice to get eligable, also he was provided with tutors, etc, to help him... it is terrible that the guy still couldnt pass his classes

EdReedUnstoppable
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Look I realize that being a college athlete you have to pass your classes, but I ask you this if this was FL St or Da U do you think he would have gotten kicked out for grades? No he wouldn't have, and that my friends is why we will never compete for a National Championship, Ralph is too concerned with graduation rates and his players actually working for their grades instead of letting the professors know to pass him.

mikehop05
05-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Look I realize that being a college athlete you have to pass your classes, but I ask you this if this was FL St or Da U do you think he would have gotten kicked out for grades? No he wouldn't have, and that my friends is why we will never compete for a National Championship, Ralph is too concerned with graduation rates and his players actually working for their grades instead of letting the professors know to pass him.

he has to worry about graduation rates or else he gets canned

EdReedUnstoppable
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
he has to worry about graduation rates or else he gets canned

Not if he wins national championships, they wont can him then.

America
05-22-2007, 08:47 PM
that would be so sweet if we took him in the supplemental. definately worth a 4th. I doubt we do it though, we'd have an amazing future line though.

LT - Terry/Jared Gaither
LG - Jason Brown
C - Chris Chester/Brown
RG - Ben Grubbs/Yanda
RT - Marshall Yanda/Gaither

Mr. Stiller
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Not if he wins national championships, they wont can him then.

IF he gets the graduation rates up high enough while winning a few NC's.. I think thats when they let him slide

EdReedUnstoppable
05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
that would be so sweet if we took him in the supplemental. definately worth a 4th. I doubt we do it though, we'd have an amazing future line though.

LT - Terry/Jared Gaither
LG - Jason Brown
C - Chris Chester/Brown
RG - Ben Grubbs/Yanda
RT - Marshall Yanda/Gaither

NO! If we got him in the supplemental the future of the OL would be..

LT- Jared Gathier/Marshall Yanda or some other draft pick or veteran FA
LG- Jason Brown/Marshall Yanda
C- Chris Chester
RG- Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda
RT- Adam Terry/Marshall Yanda

And im sure by then we would have a couple extra OL like maybe an extra OG late rd draft pick and an extra OT late rd pick for depth.

dcarey20
05-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Gaither would be awesome I definitely wouldn't mind if we gave up a 2nd roudner for him, but I like Yanda and I feel confident about a potential future line of Yanda/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Terry

EdReedUnstoppable
05-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Gaither would be awesome I definitely wouldn't mind if we gave up a 2nd roudner for him, but I like Yanda and I feel confident about a potential future line of Yanda/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Terry

I dont like Yanda as a LT, but I wouldn't mind a Terry/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Yanda line combo, in fact I like that alot.

dcarey20
05-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I dont like Yanda as a LT, but I wouldn't mind a Terry/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Yanda line combo, in fact I like that alot.

o yeah my bad i didn't realize i put yanda at left, terry at left and yanda at right looks sick.

America
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
NO! If we got him in the supplemental the future of the OL would be..

LT- Jared Gathier/Marshall Yanda or some other draft pick or veteran FA
LG- Jason Brown/Marshall Yanda
C- Chris Chester
RG- Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda
RT- Adam Terry/Marshall Yanda

And im sure by then we would have a couple extra OL like maybe an extra OG late rd draft pick and an extra OT late rd pick for depth.

I meant future as in like two years. I think it will take Gaither some time to realize his potential and play up to it. But he can play left and right. I'm hoping Terry plays well on the right side, but I see his future being on the left. I'm hoping Yanda can stay at tackle. If he can we have a solid future. He reminds me of a less athletic Jordan Gross. He definately has the demeanor to play RT though. I'm sure everyone has seen this hit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1edeWw3LLA

jkpigskin
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
dangggggggggg
thats a hit@!

Don Vito
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Speaking of hits-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BrQ7GTu77H4
lol I had to do it.

ccB
08-23-2007, 01:52 AM
With the first game of the season coming up I figured I should bump this. It will also get a sticky because I figure most of us are pretty big Maryland fans on this board.

neko4
08-23-2007, 01:55 AM
With the first game of the season coming up I figured I should bump this. It will also get a sticky because I figure most of us are pretty big Maryland fans on this board.

we do have quite a few Maryland fans on here

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 01:55 AM

Terps Basketball: Yes

Terps Football: Not as much

GO NOLES!

ccB
08-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Noles? Yuck. Terps baby, I was really hoping Portis would come out of training camp the starter but it looks like its Steffy's job. I almost also bummed out to hear Alex Wujiack is out for the season.

neko4
08-23-2007, 02:01 AM
So whos getting drafted this year
Crummey, Haynos, and Moore are close to locks, but what about Keon and Lance?

ccB
08-23-2007, 02:04 AM
So whos getting drafted this year
Crummey, Haynos, and Moore are close to locks, but what about Keon and Lance?

I think Keon is in for a big year. I actually like him more than Ball but I am usually in the minority with that opinion. Word is Keon has been showing up Lance in camp. If Keon can put up a big year he has pretty good measurables I could see him getting picked late. I could see both him and Ball get picked actually. I think if Heyward-Bey continues what he started last year he could end up declaring and at 6'3 and running as fast as he does he could easily be a first round pick. Same goes with Erin Henderson a big year from him could cause him to declare and be a first rounder. I fully expect Dre Moore to set the combine on fire and work himself into a first day pick if not first rounder. Maryland is notorious for our work out warriors and athletic freaks, and I think Dre will be that guy this year.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Yea he could have, from what I heard he wasn't being told he was a definite 1st rounder so he decided to go back because he would have been IMO the top OT prospect next year especially after the combine.

Ravens should take him in the 4th of the Supplemental.

Dam, I almost called that one right.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 03:24 AM
I think Keon is in for a big year. I actually like him more than Ball but I am usually in the minority with that opinion. Word is Keon has been showing up Lance in camp. If Keon can put up a big year he has pretty good measurables I could see him getting picked late. I could see both him and Ball get picked actually. I think if Heyward-Bey continues what he started last year he could end up declaring and at 6'3 and running as fast as he does he could easily be a first round pick. Same goes with Erin Henderson a big year from him could cause him to declare and be a first rounder. I fully expect Dre Moore to set the combine on fire and work himself into a first day pick if not first rounder. Maryland is notorious for our work out warriors and athletic freaks, and I think Dre will be that guy this year.

Consider us on the same page Keon is better than Lance!

Also I don't hold out much hope for this UMD season (I know that shocks everyone) but just look at it logically.......

We lost both of our starting OTs
We lost Wesley Jefferson and David Holloway from the LB core
Lost Conrad Bolston on the DL
Lost Josh Wilson at CB
Jordan Steffy sucks

I don't like what this adds up to.

ccB
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Consider us on the same page Keon is better than Lance!

Also I don't hold out much hope for this UMD season (I know that shocks everyone) but just look at it logically.......

We lost both of our starting OTs
We lost Wesley Jefferson and David Holloway from the LB core
Lost Conrad Bolston on the DL
Lost Josh Wilson at CB
Jordan Steffy sucks

I don't like what this adds up to.

I dont think the losses to the LB core will be that big of a deal because our core group of guys seems to be pretty good right now with Henderson, Covington, Phillistin, Bullock, Moises etc. We seem to be pretty deep at LB. Bolston is a loss but Dre Moore is a better player and I think he will step up big time this year. Off your list of problems what worries me the most is the OT situation, we are going to have to rush in a young T to fill in for Gaither which could mean big problems. Jordan Steffy I like to think of is the Kyle Boller of the Terrapins, He was brought in to be the saving grace at QB and hes looked horrible when hes got his shot. From what Ive seen of training camp and spring practices he looks like hes more calm and confident in his throws which is key. I would persoonally rather see Portis starting because he has that dynamic running ability steffy doesnt have but I guess Steffy deserves his shot again after being rushed in as a fresh. I also think the loss of Josh is a huuuuuuuuuge deal but I think Isaiah Gardener can step up and I love our safety duo in JJ Justice and Christian Varner. I am not expecting a huge year but I think we will be middle of the pack in the ACC. I do not think this will be a throw a way year in the least bit though. We have some promising pieces.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I dont think the losses to the LB core will be that big of a deal because our core group of guys seems to be pretty good right now with Henderson, Covington, Phillistin, Bullock, Moises etc. We seem to be pretty deep at LB. Bolston is a loss but Dre Moore is a better player and I think he will step up big time this year. Off your list of problems what worries me the most is the OT situation, we are going to have to rush in a young T to fill in for Gaither which could mean big problems. Jordan Steffy I like to think of is the Kyle Boller of the Terrapins, He was brought in to be the saving grace at QB and hes looked horrible when hes got his shot. From what Ive seen of training camp and spring practices he looks like hes more calm and confident in his throws which is key. I would persoonally rather see Portis starting because he has that dynamic running ability steffy doesnt have but I guess Steffy deserves his shot again after being rushed in as a fresh. I also think the loss of Josh is a huuuuuuuuuge deal but I think Isaiah Gardener can step up and I love our safety duo in JJ Justice and Christian Varner. I am not expecting a huge year but I think we will be middle of the pack in the ACC. I do not think this will be a throw a way year in the least bit though. We have some promising pieces.

The only hope I have for Steffy is that maybe he'll be like Hill, McBrien, and Hollenbach, even though Hollenbach shouldn't be mentioned with those other 2, and he'll finally grasp the offense and take over and be serviceable enough to get 7 wins and a bowl game.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Don't worry, Terps Basketball will be here soon enough to give us something to cheer for.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Don't worry, Terps Basketball will be here soon enough to give us something to cheer for.

Not a basketball fan, especially college basketball. But Caps season is almost here.........GET CUP CRAZY!!!!

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Not a basketball fan, especially college basketball. But Caps season is almost here.........GET CUP CRAZY!!!!

Hockey? What's that?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Hockey? What's that?

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Hockey is the greatest sport on earth!!

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 03:50 PM
HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Hockey is the greatest sport on earth!!

How can it be the greatest when nobody knows about it? I mean more people know about cricket the hockey......

dcarey20
08-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Lance > Keon but both are good backs and one of the best duos in the country.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Lance > Keon but both are good backs and one of the best duos in the country.

That duo in Clemson is probably the best in the ACC though.

ccB
08-23-2007, 06:06 PM

Spiller Davis is probably the best duo in the league if not them than McFadden and Felix Jones.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Spiller Davis is probably the best duo in the league if not them than McFadden and Felix Jones.

I'd put McFadden/Jones first but Spiller/Davis is probably #2 without a doubt. But I've become a bandwagon supporter of Arkansas since watching them last year, and hey how can you not love a team with a QB named Casey Dick?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Stephen Heyer has been so good for the skins they can't believe he was undrafted, he has been unreal in camp, and if Samuels can't get back opening day he is the starter, that's amazing for an undrafted rookie.

dcarey20
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM

No doubt, they may be the best in the nation.

I'd probably put McFadden/Jones first, followed by Spiller and Davis. Steve Slaton and Noel Devine may be up there soon. Ball and Lattimore don't get the respect they deserve as a duo. Same goes for Javorski Lane and Mike Goodson, Texas A&M's duo. No one talks about them and I think they are a great 1-2 punch.

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I know it's not for another month but what do you guys think about the Rutgers/Maryland game this year? This is our hardest OOC game on our schedule but it's at home so I think we have the advanatge.

ccB
08-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I know it's not for another month but what do you guys think about the Rutgers/Maryland game this year? This is our hardest OOC game on our schedule but it's at home so I think we have the advanatge.

I think its simple, if we contain Rice we will win. If Rice has a big game, you will win.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-24-2007, 12:42 AM

I think its simple, we get pounded by Rutgers.

neko4
08-24-2007, 01:16 AM

Umm i think WestVa might be a little tougher

ccB
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Umm i think WestVa might be a little tougher

Well he is a Rutgers fan so WVU isnt a OOC game for them.

dcarey20
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM

If we can contain Rice, I actually think it will be close. If Rice runs wild, we will lose big.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-25-2007, 02:51 AM
If we can contain Rice, I actually think it will be close. If Rice runs wild, we will lose big.

My thoughts exactly.

neko4
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Well he is a Rutgers fan so WVU isnt a OOC game for them.

Oh its his (as in Rutgers) toughest OOC game
anyway anybody going to the 1st home game? (Villanova i think)

neko4
08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Weird question but do we have any good players that were walk ons?

ccB
08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Weird question but do we have any good players that were walk ons?

Haynos was a walk on I believe

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 06:55 PM
My boy Keon Lattimore has a 12 yard TD run in the game, and Jordan Steffy is garbage and we are only beating Villafrickennova 10-7 at halftime, this is terrible.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Keon with a 14 TD yard run, where is Lance Ball......oh yeah on the bench cause the better runner is in there get em KEY!!!!!! 17-7 Terps!!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Steffy injured, as much as Im not a fan I dont wanna see anyone injured. Chris Turner is in and is 2-2 for 19 yards.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
TD RUN OF 18 YDS BY KEON LATTIMORE!!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:19 PM
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/10/14/PH2006101401126.jpg

dcarey20
09-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Lattimore has been sick. I may have to get rid of my sig lol.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Why don't they play josh portis if Steffy is hurt? Has he done that poorly in practice?

dcarey20
09-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Why don't they play josh portis if Steffy is hurt? Has he done that poorly in practice?

Josh Portis cannot play for the rest of the season due to academic problems.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:25 PM

From what I've heard he just doesn't have the playbook down like Ralph wants his QB too.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Josh Portis cannot play for the rest of the season due to academic problems.

WHAT!!!??? When did this come out?

dcarey20
09-01-2007, 07:26 PM
WHAT!!!??? When did this come out?

They announced it on 105.7 at the beginning of the broadcast. Why do you think Turner is in? It sucks.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
They announced it on 105.7 at the beginning of the broadcast. Why do you think Turner is in? It sucks.

Well there goes any hope I had of us winning the ACC......it was an extreme longshot with Portis, but without him its basically not gonna happen, maybe we'll grasp and go to the Champs Sports bowl again......yippee

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
If you're a borderline ****** to begin with, why would you transfer to a school with an academic reputation like Maryland. he dug his own grave

ccB
09-01-2007, 10:18 PM
That news in Josh Portis ******* sucks.

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 12:52 PM
My boy Keon Lattimore has a 12 yard TD run in the game, and Jordan Steffy is garbage and we are only beating Villafrickennova 10-7 at halftime, this is terrible.

did you watch the game? cuz jordan steffy played a very smart game... his only mistake being that short lob he threw into the endzone that was picked

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 12:53 PM
If you're a borderline ****** to begin with, why would you transfer to a school with an academic reputation like Maryland. he dug his own grave

him and jared gaither both

ccB
09-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Portis can still play next year right? Because Steffy was going to be the starter this year regardless.

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Portis can still play next year right? Because Steffy was going to be the starter this year regardless.

yeah he'll be eligable,

mikehop05
09-05-2007, 12:02 AM
portis was caught cheating on a pop quiz, thats why he is academically inelligeable

thats exactly why umd will never be a championship team, our faculty does dumb ass **** like this, and not passing gaither...

im all for a good education and i love the fact that umd is becoming a great school, but damn... inelligeable for a pop quiz? if this were texas or florida or miami, he'd have to run an extra gasser or two

ccB
09-05-2007, 08:18 AM
I can understand being strict with things like this but a pop quiz! the first week of school! Quiz's do not get any more meaningless than that.

On another not I was able to catch the game on replay and surprisingly Steffy looked solid. I understand it was against Villanova but it gives me a little bit more hope for us this season than I previously had. Also Keon Lattimore is a beast! My predicition of Lattimore being our best back looks pretty true so far.

Troj2man
09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Josh Portis is an idiot! I can somewhat understand copying a test, but Josh took it a step further. He copied the test Word for Word! Lets hope he can come back strong next year. Hopefully his decision making is better on the field.

dcarey20
09-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Lattimore is such a beast. 17 rushes, 111 yards, 2 scores against FIU.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Lattimore is such a beast. 17 rushes, 111 yards, 2 scores against FIU.

He is the best running back at the University of Maryland dont ya know! And who told y he was better than Lance Ball.........thats right my friend and yours E R U!!!

SuperKevin
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
This game coming up against West Virginia is going to be scary for Terps fans. You would have liked to have a better warmup game than Florida International going into what could be the biggest game of the season.

bmoreravens5289
09-13-2007, 06:35 PM
The game is starting in ten minutes! I'm so excited

neko4
09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
God dang it!

bmoreravens5289
09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
wow fumble on first play of game...7-0 WV....damnnnnn

bmoreravens5289
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Touchdown Lattimore.....7-7!!!!

neko4
09-13-2007, 07:49 PM
everytime i turn the tv on slaton scores, i dont think i wanna watch anymore

ccB
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I just got home from the O's game, they flashed the score and it was 7-7 I was so excited, than I come home to see 21-7. I knew it was too good to be true.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Very iritated with Ralph Friedgen........First drive, that lasted more than 1 play, Keon was poundin WVU and goes in for a TD then the next drive gotta put Ball in there.....Give up this goddam RB by committee, and make Keon the
#1 RB like he should be!

SuperKevin
09-13-2007, 11:09 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Ralph may be wearing out his welcome in College park. He now longer has the explosive offensive attacks he was known for in the early part of the decade. They either need a drastic personnel overhaul or they need to bring in a new offense

EdReedUnstoppable
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Well Im not callin for his head, cause it could be alot worse, look at the program before he got here. If you look at Ralph's best years as a coach he had good QBs Shaun Hill, and Scott McBrien.....the team has gone down the crapper with terrible QBs (Joel Statham, Sam Hollenbach, and Jordan Steffy).

mikehop05
09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
man we suck, i left at halftime tho

at least i drank more than them

WE DRINK LIQUOR WE DRINK BEER WVU IS A BUNCH OF QUEERS

Troj2man
09-14-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm not really surprised to see what happened tonight. Not many teams can keep up with WV and their rushing attack. Slaton and White are just unreal with the ball in their hands. Noel Devine looks like he'll be the next big thing in college football soon.

ccB
09-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm not really surprised to see what happened tonight. Not many teams can keep up with WV and their rushing attack. Slaton and White are just unreal with the ball in their hands. Noel Devine looks like he'll be the next big thing in college football soon.

Yeah defintely, I gave us about a 5% chance of winning last night so seeing a loss does not surprise me in the least bit. I just hope we get a chance to play a bowl game. Next year is the year I am most excited about, Antwine Perez finally gets a chance to play and hopefully Portis will get his chance to start as well.

neko4
09-16-2007, 10:24 AM
We were able to get Slaton in the backfield a couple of times, i think we have a good chance of beating rutgers and wake because we dont have to worry about 3 different Runningbacks coming at us

mikehop05
09-16-2007, 03:14 PM
We were able to get Slaton in the backfield a couple of times, i think we have a good chance of beating rutgers and wake because we dont have to worry about 3 different Runningbacks coming at us

i agree, our defense is a lot better than people give us credit for

EdReedUnstoppable
09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
i agree, our defense is a lot better than people give us credit for

Our D is the only reason that game was close for 2 1/2 quarters, our offense sucks........STOP TAKING KEON LATTIMORE OUT EVERY OTHER SERIES!!!!!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah Lance Ball has been trash this season. #1 thing is we need to go deep with playmakers like Heyward Bey and Okendo. If Sam Hollenbach could go long so can Jordan Steffy. WVU dared us to go long every play but we were too scared to.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm not that big of a MD football fan but I can't understand why Lattimore isn't carrying the load for this team. That and Steffy to me looks like a dear in the headlights an awful lot when in the shotgun so having Keon punishing the D for the most part of the game would definitely allow Steffy to become a bit more comfortable back there and get Bey more involved in the passing game and the TE's.

mikehop05
09-22-2007, 08:32 PM
son of a *****

dcarey20
09-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Well I had to work didnt get to catch the game but I just saw 31-24 Wake in OT. And a 21 point lead blown by Maryland. Embarrassing.

mikehop05
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Well I had to work didnt get to catch the game but I just saw 31-24 Wake in OT. And a 21 point lead blown by Maryland. Embarrassing.

yeah ******* 24 - 3 then steffy throws a pick for a 100yd return

i hate my school

EdReedUnstoppable
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM
**** JORDAN STEFFY!!

Completely blew the game, give Chris Turner the ball for the rest of the season!! Dam Josh Portis for bein dumb or else he could be in there!

mikehop05
09-23-2007, 12:31 AM
**** JORDAN STEFFY!!

Completely blew the game, give Chris Turner the ball for the rest of the season!! Dam Josh Portis for bein dumb or else he could be in there!

yeah man anyone but jordan you ******* dumbass you suck ******* steftty

SeanTaylorRIP
09-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I can't believe I wish that we still had Hollenbach.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I can't believe I wish that we still had Hollenbach.

I was thinking that during the game, I was like "god I can't believe Im gonna say this but.......can we possibly get Sam Hollenbach back please!!"

Oh how I wish Scott McBrien still had eligibility left.

mikehop05
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I was thinking that during the game, I was like "god I can't believe Im gonna say this but.......can we possibly get Sam Hollenbach back please!!"

Oh how I wish Scott McBrien still had eligibility left.

even boomer esiason

SeanTaylorRIP
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
It's a shame Derrius Heyward Bey is going to waste.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-29-2007, 07:06 PM
CHRIS TURNER FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Ravens1991
09-29-2007, 07:37 PM
what a game

dcarey20
09-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Chris Turner = THE FUTURE OF MARYLAND FOOTBALL!

ccB
09-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Nerve racking game, reminded me of the Ravens, no matter how many times we tried giving it away Rutgers wouldnt take it.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Chris Turner = THE FUTURE OF MARYLAND FOOTBALL!

For the rest of the future of this season, but next year JOSH PORTIS ERA BEGINS!!!!

dcarey20
09-30-2007, 08:33 PM
For the rest of the future of this season, but next year JOSH PORTIS ERA BEGINS!!!!

Josh Portis may want to transfer again, because Turner is the man...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Great game by Turner but I still have no confidence in him, but he made some great throws and tough runs. It still hurts seeing Jordan Steffy go to waste, he has nice physical tools, can run the ball, and maybe would be worth a crap if he actually looked to throw it down field, but I fully support Turner.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Steffy is a waste of time, he has never been any good and he still isnt any good, give up on him and go with Turner until Portis is ready next year.

ccB
10-06-2007, 11:07 AM
No Erin Henderson today :(

EdReedUnstoppable
10-06-2007, 11:37 AM
JASON GOODE!!!!!

I Went To School With Him!!!!!

BigDawg819
10-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Chris Turner is a Man among Boys...........

mikehop05
10-06-2007, 02:32 PM
huge win for us today

skinzzfan25
10-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Who saw Heyward-Bey moss a dude, mid 1st quarter I think.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Great win but we need to learn how to keep a damn lead, Gatech is not that great of a team, middle of pack ACC team, we need to learn how to put games away, but Chris Turner was very good other than his fumble. Ball was superior to Lattimore today, btw our Wake Forest loss is looking pretty bad, they only have 1 win other than against us which was against army, and now it's looking like they could possibly lose to Duke in the 4th quarter in a tight one.

neko4
10-11-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-jcHFnsCc&mode=user&search=

Well this pissed me off a bit

SeanTaylorRIP
10-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Big game vs. UVA.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2007, 08:57 PM
I dont like this game, I predict a 31-17 Virginia win. :(

dcarey20
10-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I dont like this game, I predict a 31-17 Virginia win. :(

24-20 Terps

SeanTaylorRIP
10-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm definitely liking Maryland big in this one, with a week off they will come out strong, that and UVA is without Cedric Peerman the ACC's leading rusher before his injury 2 weeks back, as well as without our starting CB Chris Cook. Watchout though for UVA RB Keith Payne to run down some terps, he may just give Erin Henderson a challange, 6-3 250 is a load to take down for a RB. BTW how's Erin's injury situation?

cowboysforever
10-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Seems like the thread, is Dre Moore any good? Can he be a 3-4 NT? Who does he remind you of in the NFL?

dcarey20
10-20-2007, 10:40 PM
The entire game decided by a crap ball spot. BS. Chris Long is amazing, the best defensive lineman in the country. Better than Dorsey. He killed us. Dre Moore and Erin Henderson were beasts, Lance looked better than Keon, and Ralph's play calling is getting too predictable.

cowboysforever
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Well I got my answer,,,, Dre Moore and Chris Long are better than Dorsey.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 04:20 PM
good thing i got so drunk i missed the 2nd half and instead threw up on my shirt then passed out... at least when i was conscious we were winning

EdReedUnstoppable
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
I called the amount of points UMD would score, and I called a UVA win I just gave them too much credit in the points department.

ccB
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a feeling Clemson crushes us, starting in about 15 minutes.

dcarey20
10-27-2007, 02:53 PM
0-0 with 8 mins left in the 1st, I feel a win.

dcarey20
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Wow it's 3-3, I leave for a half an hour, come back, 20-3 Clemson.

neko4
10-27-2007, 04:35 PM
god damn fustrating!

dcarey20
10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Tackling today has been embarassing.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
BTW We beat the #8 team in the country on Saturday, why are we not celebrating this!!!!

dcarey20
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
BTW We beat the #8 team in the country on Saturday, why are we not celebrating this!!!!

Because we are 5-5 lol. JK good win for us, Turner was awesome. It'd be nice to finish 7-5 and get a decent bowl.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Do or die this week, it's us or NC State, a disappointing season to say the least, but we need a bowl game. Although not making a bowl game could be greater motivation for the team ala UVA last year. However we have so many seniors leaving that will make our team so much worse, like Keon Lattimore, Lance Ball, Andrew Crummey, Issaiah Gardner, Joey Haynos, Dre Moore, and Christian Varner, and of course those guys who might leave like Erin Henderson and Darrius Heyward Bey. I am excited though next year to see Da'Rel Scott and hopefully Josh Portis.

ccB
11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Dont forget Antwine Perez!

EdReedUnstoppable
11-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Don't forget about Morgan Green, we took him over Slaton so I wanna see this kid tear it up!

SeanTaylorRIP
11-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Going bowling thankfully.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Yea big thanks to Boston College...

1st for coming into Byrd Stadium and gettin rocked in the face!!!!!
2nd For beating Miami today and basically ensuring us a bowl appearance!!!!!

skinzzfan25
11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Don't forget about Morgan Green, we took him over Slaton so I wanna see this kid tear it up!

Ugg......

Don't remind me.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Ugg......

Don't remind me.

Im fine with it, we don't even know what Morgan will be like so don't judge the move yet.

skinzzfan25
11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Im fine with it, we don't even know what Morgan will be like so don't judge the move yet.

Still, I hate watching WVU play, because I know we had every chance to grab that guy. Same with Penn State and all their Maryland kids.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Still, I hate watching WVU play, because I know we had every chance to grab that guy. Same with Penn State and all their Maryland kids.

I don't so much mind watching Slaton because we weren't gonna use Slaton atg RB anyways. Yes I would have liked to see what he could have done with his speed at CB but everything happens for a reason.

dcarey20
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah it hurts that Slaton wanted to come here and we turned him away, but it's not like tailback has been a weakness for us. Keon and Lance have been great for us in their time here, so it hurts a bit less. It's not like losing a guy like Andre Woodson and getting left with Jordan Steffy.

mikehop05
11-27-2007, 08:33 PM
so moore and henderson were frist team all ACC

crummey was 2nd team

and lattimore was honorable mention

dcarey20
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Dave Phillistin not being at least honorable mention is ridiculous. He was outstanding for us and should have been a second teamer in my eyes. And while I know everyone prefers Keon Lattimore over Ball, personally I like Ball and I felt he was better than Lattimore, especially down the stretch. 4.4 ypc and 12 TD's for Ball in comparison to 3.8 and 13 for Keon.

mikehop05
12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
whos traveling to SF for the bowl game????.......

:x

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Hasn't been talked about on here yet but Erin Henderson declared, so now we have a HUGE hole at LB....... :(

mikehop05
01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
actually i think we will be good with alex wujack there.. or w/e his name is

ccB
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hopefully this upcoming year we can finally get to see Josh Portis in action. I am also excited to see Antwine Perez hit the field.

mikehop05
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Hopefully this upcoming year we can finally get to see Josh Portis in action. I am also excited to see Antwine Perez hit the field.

yeah we have a couple things to look forward to...

for once im actually more excited about terps football more than i am bball (we blow)

EdReedUnstoppable
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Hasn't Alex Wujak been hurt the last 2 seasons, because I remember hearing about how good he was gonna be for us this past season.

The only thing Im excited about with Terps football is Josh Portis to Heyward-Bey, other than that I think Terp football is gonna blow next year.

mikehop05
01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Hasn't Alex Wujak been hurt the last 2 seasons, because I remember hearing about how good he was gonna be for us this past season.

The only thing Im excited about with Terps football is Josh Portis to Heyward-Bey, other than that I think Terp football is gonna blow next year.

nah he redshirted in 06 and got hurt in 07

dudes a beast though

EdReedUnstoppable
01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
nah he redshirted in 06 and got hurt in 07

dudes a beast though

I hope he is, but so was Melvin Alaeze so I wont hold my breath on it.

ccB
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I hope he is, but so was Melvin Alaeze so I wont hold my breath on it.

Melvin Alaeze is a completely different story though. Bad attitude from day one, now hes in jail, see what happens when you play gangsta?

mikehop05
01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
yeah thats a totally different case

EdReedUnstoppable
01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
I know its a different personality and all Im just sayin untilm this guy steps on the field and plays for us Im not gonna get overly excited.

SuperKevin
01-17-2008, 07:12 PM

I guarentee Chris Turner is the starter at QB next year.

mikehop05
01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
I know its a different personality and all Im just sayin untilm this guy steps on the field and plays for us Im not gonna get overly excited.

i know what you're saying but ive seen him during spring training games and he stuck out above erin henderson

mikehop05
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I guarentee Chris Turner is the starter at QB next year.

ill take that bet

neko4
01-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Heyward-Bay is staying, I thought for sure he was leaving

mikehop05
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Heyward-Bay is staying, I thought for sure he was leaving

in an interview someone asked him if he was leaving and he laughed in their face pretty much...

i wouldnt blame him for leaving but i woulda been surprised if he did

EdReedUnstoppable
01-18-2008, 01:06 PM
in an interview someone asked him if he was leaving and he laughed in their face pretty much...

i wouldnt blame him for leaving but i woulda been surprised if he did

He has said he wants to playout his eligibility, I know that doesn't mean anything because Vernon Davis said that too but I really hope DHB does what he says!

neko4
02-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Anyone have a list of Terps that got combine invites?

EdReedUnstoppable
02-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Anyone have a list of Terps that got combine invites?

Andrew Crummey, Joey Haynos, Dre Moore, and Erin Henderson.

neko4
02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
ouch...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=5A7A290F8F68D7AAAD5738F4DDB383F8? id=09000d5d806d6848&template=with-video&confirm=true

The Maryland offensive lineman entered the NFL Scouting Combine media room at the Indiana Convention Center on Saturday morning wearing a walking boot on his left foot. It was a surprising scene because Crummey had fractured the fibula in his left leg in October and had returned to play in the Terps' final regular-season game, Maryland's Emerald Bowl loss to Oregon State, and the East-West Shrine game in late December.

skinzzfan25
02-23-2008, 07:18 PM
ouch...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=5A7A290F8F68D7AAAD5738F4DDB383F8? id=09000d5d806d6848&template=with-video&confirm=true

Man that sucks....

I hope the Skins try to pick him up if he falls. Wasn't he projected to go in the 3rd-4th round?

mikehop05
02-23-2008, 09:14 PM
ouch...

he re injured himself in the bowl game, he will bench and nothing else

neko4
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
when is/was the Maryland pro day?

neko4
03-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Early Predictions:
Delaware W
@ Mid Tenn St W
Cal W- I think we could pull off an upset here. They are losing 3 offensive starters and a Safety
E Michigan- W
@ Clemson- L
@ UVA- W
Wake- L
NC State- W
@VTech- L
UNC- L
FSU- W
BC- L

7-5
8-4 at best
5-7 at worst

ChefMike
03-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Portis to DHB is a nice thought but who is going to run the ball next year ??

mikehop05
03-30-2008, 05:07 PM
morgan green and da'rell scott

ChefMike
03-30-2008, 06:43 PM
morgan green and da'rell scott

Give me some background here ? I am a fan but not to that level... never heard of them ?!

Here is a question for all the TERP fans... with the recent level of player we have been getting into the NFL and the obvious training and conditioning we give our program.. why do you think we arent getting more top flight talent coming in ? Ralph is a good coach and its not like UMD is a bad school and its in a great area... and to TOP all of that we play in a Strong Conference !? Makes no sense that we can't recruit more Top flight talent into the program...

mikehop05
03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Give me some background here ? I am a fan but not to that level... never heard of them ?!

Here is a question for all the TERP fans... with the recent level of player we have been getting into the NFL and the obvious training and conditioning we give our program.. why do you think we arent getting more top flight talent coming in ? Ralph is a good coach and its not like UMD is a bad school and its in a great area... and to TOP all of that we play in a Strong Conference !? Makes no sense that we can't recruit more Top flight talent into the program...

ralph does **** when it comes to recruiting...

his fat ass doesnt leave the tri-state area.

mikehop05
03-30-2008, 06:56 PM
scott is fast as lightning, he had that 80 yard screen TD vs BC i believe...

morgan green is just a pretty smooth runner, has some power, they will be a good 1 - 2 punch

also.. portis comes in officially at #3 on the depth chart... but talking with some kids he is really #2 (steffy will not see the feild again apparently) and coaches want him to take the job, but he his as dumb asa rock... apparently he cant learn the playbook / cadence

ChefMike
03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Well now I didnt say that he does a ton when it comes to recruiting I said he was a good coach.. which he is. Most programs though the HC isnt out on the road... he is making a call and showing up to close the deal... so I am sure if it meant he had to fly to Cali to Talk to the #1 QB in the country.. Yeah he would be there.

But the real question is who is doing the initial contacting of these prospects to get our foot in the door. If we can get them to visit the campus and see the facilities... then sit in the office and talk with Ralph, we could close the deal more often then not...

mikehop05
03-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Well now I didnt say that he does a ton when it comes to recruiting I said he was a good coach.. which he is. Most programs though the HC isnt out on the road... he is making a call and showing up to close the deal... so I am sure if it meant he had to fly to Cali to Talk to the #1 QB in the country.. Yeah he would be there.

But the real question is who is doing the initial contacting of these prospects to get our foot in the door. If we can get them to visit the campus and see the facilities... then sit in the office and talk with Ralph, we could close the deal more often then not...

i wasnt trying to argue your previous statement i was just giving a reason as to why our recruiting kind of sucks

but to answer your second question each coach on the staff kind of has an area to recruit from, either locally, or just kind of a general area

for some of the recruits not from the local area im not sure how it works

neko4
04-18-2008, 09:35 PM
so is Turner gonna be the starter next year

EdReedUnstoppable
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Morgan Green aka the runner we took over Steve Slaton. Morgan Green is gonna blow your minds this season!!!! And Josh Portis will start at QB over Turner.......hopefully.

mikehop05
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Morgan Green aka the runner we took over Steve Slaton. Morgan Green is gonna blow your minds this season!!!! And Josh Portis will start at QB over Turner.......hopefully.

Portis is actually #3/4 on the depth chart

he can't learn the playbook... he might switch positions or just come in and run as a QB, though he really has no shot at starting at QB this year

mikehop05
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
so is Turner gonna be the starter next year

99.9% chance he will be

SeanTaylorRIP
08-15-2008, 06:54 PM
What do you all think of Kenny Tate moving to Safety?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Da'rel Scott> Lattimore and Ball. Also I have no idea why Portis isn't starting, Steffy and Turner are horrid.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Da'rel Scott> Lattimore and Ball. Also I have no idea why Portis isn't starting, Steffy and Turner are horrid.

Disagree with your first statement, but definitely agree with your second point!

dcarey20
08-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Da'Rel Scott isn't better than Lance or Lattimore, but he's pretty nasty. I also agree with Portis starting, what do Steffy or Turner bring to this team? Throw the most talented guy out there and let him show you what he can do.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Lattimore ran too high and wasn't as powerful as we all thought. Ball was an definite over achiever who was a bowling ball but to me Scott has all the tools.

dcarey20
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Lattimore ran too high and wasn't as powerful as we all thought. Ball was an definite over achiever who was a bowling ball but to me Scott has all the tools.

True freshman Davin Meggett is another guy to watch...I thought he was real sick.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2008, 05:27 PM

Scott couldn't break tackles against Delaware, I don't expect him to do much of anything this year against real competition. Keon was an absolute beast who beat top competition.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2008, 05:27 PM
True freshman Davin Meggett is another guy to watch...I thought he was real sick.

I'd look for him to emerge as our go to back, a Bruce Perry type of back is what I see in him.

dcarey20
09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Well it's half time of the MTSU/MD game and I don't know how much more I can take of Chris Turner. PORTIS!

ChewyRaven318
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I think the Fridge needs to go...

there's NO reason we should have only beat DE by 1 score and this game against MTSU is awful. Scott and Heyward-Bey should be burning this team, just awful coaching and playcalling all around.

I've defended Friedgen for WAAY too long, I'm sick of it.

dcarey20
09-06-2008, 08:50 PM
And Turner throws a DISGUSTING pick to end the game. Steffy and Turner cannot play. They just can't. I'm not saying Portis is the savior, but we haven't even given the guy an extended amount of playing time to show what he can do.

This is getting rather ridiculous Ralphie.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey here's an idea, every time we put Portis in the other team stacks 9 knowing he is gonna run. He is a QB, he does have the best arm on the team, how bout 1 goddam pass attempt!!!!!!

Absolute disgrace Friedgen MUST GO!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Gosh play Fricken Josh Portis. The threat of Scott out of the backfield as a runner and receiver, Heyward Bey on the outside and Portis as a runner would inflict fear in any team. It really is terrible the playcalling. Scott and Heyward-Bey are as explosive as anyone in the country at their respective positions.

SuperKevin
09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I should have read the 4 previous posts in this thread before I wrote this post

SeanTaylorRIP
09-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Great win by Maryland, especially after last week, although that was a pathetic 4th quarter, and not making excuses for Cal but they did look really flat in the first half. But that doesn't matter I couldn't believe the Maryland offense was moving the ball. DaRel Scott was money again, hopefully he's not hurt bad, but Meggett is good. Heyward-Bey showed his pro potential but still will suffer statistically because of QB play. Turner played well but still misses so many open reads. They should just move Portis to RB because it's clear when he's in that he will never throw it. On defense we haven't seen pressure on the QB like that in a while. Kevin Barnes is a legit midround prospect IMO, but the secondary was poor in the 2nd half. Hopefully they don't play like that the rest of the season. But today showed that when we are on, we can beat any team in the ACC.

dcarey20
09-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah solid win, 3-1 is a nice way to start off the season, though we should be 4-0 (I'm not about to forget about that dreadful performance against MTSU). I'm with you on Kevin Barnes, I think he's got great pro potential.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah solid win, 3-1 is a nice way to start off the season, though we should be 4-0 (I'm not about to forget about that dreadful performance against MTSU). I'm with you on Kevin Barnes, I think he's got great pro potential.

Too bad Scott didn't play today he was 5th in the nation in rushing, but it's alright not worth risking him. Heyward Bey is absolutely electric when he touches the ball, so sad they can only get it to him so few times. But who's complaining the way we are scoring. I also think we could see Josh Portis move to wideout next season. Maybe a 4th or 5th wideout who gets Screens and reverses because it looks like they are set on Turner for the rest of their careers.

SuperKevin
09-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Did Kenny Tate redshirt?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Did Kenny Tate redshirt?

He's played a little every game I think, I definitely saw him a couple times against Cal. Fridge always talks about how impressive he is in practice, so I'd like to see him get in more. At the very least design some trick plays he could use his versatility with on offense although apparently his progression at safety has been impressive. I still think though that he will eventually move back to wideout, which will be much needed when Danny and DHB leave school. But if he gets the whole safety thing down at 6-3"/6-4", 220-230 or so, he could be a freak.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Lucky ass win today, I really hate Chris Turner, Josh Portis needs to be the starter end of story!

mikehop05
09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Lucky ass win today, I really hate Chris Turner, Josh Portis needs to be the starter end of story!

I dont know, Turner didn't play great but he didn't turn the ball over, and he made some key plays in the 4th quarter to run out the clock. I would like to see more of Portis, but keep Turner in there as the starter

SeanTaylorRIP
09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Turner stands in the pocket which is nice but he throws an awful ball. It always floats. Later in the year those will be INT's, I don't think I have ever seen him hit a wide receiver in stride. They always have to either dive down because it was under thrown or jump high and get lit up because it was overthrown. I feel sorry for Da'rell Scott, Turner sett him up to get blasted so many times on the screens. If you see a defender an inch from the back, don't throw it to him. Also they need to find more ways to get DHB the ball. He is absolute electricity but I can't stand how many times Turner misses and DHB wide open for a big TD, or he underthrows it to allow the defense to catch up. Hell if we still had Sam Hollenbach DHB would have 10 TD's already. Ronnie Tyler looks very exciting. Maryland better crush UVA next week. This could be a good opportunity to give their confidence an even bigger boost with a 21+ point victory. I mean look what UVA has done so far:

Loss vs. USC 52-7.
Loss vs. UCONN 45-10.
Loss vs. Duke 31-3.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Something still tells me that UVA is gonna win this game. We always play to the level of our competition and I will never feel comfortable with Turner leading this team.

DiG
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I dont know, Turner didn't play great but he didn't turn the ball over, and he made some key plays in the 4th quarter to run out the clock. I would like to see more of Portis, but keep Turner in there as the starter

id like to at least see Portis get the chance to throw the ball a few times a game to see what we are working with. he can't be any worse than turner. turner throws such a terrible deep ball and his timing is awful. as of now if portis is in then theres probably an 85-90% chance he is running the ball. id like to see the fridge give him a few more throws.

mikehop05
09-29-2008, 01:02 PM
id like to at least see Portis get the chance to throw the ball a few times a game to see what we are working with. he can't be any worse than turner. turner throws such a terrible deep ball and his timing is awful. as of now if portis is in then theres probably an 85-90% chance he is running the ball. id like to see the fridge give him a few more throws.

Portis also only knows about 25 - 50% of the play book, there is a lot more to being a quarterback than just being able to throw the ball.

But I agree, I want to work him in the offense a bit more, maybe 15 - 20 snaps a game at least

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Something still tells me that UVA is gonna win this game. We always play to the level of our competition and I will never feel comfortable with Turner leading this team.

UVA has the second worst offense in D1 football, like 119th of 120 teams, lol. Also Their defense is probably not in the top 70, so if Terps lose it would be worst than losing to MTU. UVA is awful.

SuperKevin
10-04-2008, 08:15 PM

http://www.marclamonthill.com/mlhblog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/cleodbts.jpg

When did you become a psychic ERU?

EdReedUnstoppable
10-04-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.marclamonthill.com/mlhblog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/cleodbts.jpg

When did you become a psychic ERU?

I just knew it was coming, we're the typical Friedgen coached team. We play to the level of our opponent and never fullfill our potential! FRIEDGEN MUST GO!

SeanTaylorRIP
10-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Haha we didn't even play to the level of UVA, we played to the level of like William & Mary.

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I love the Fridge but it might be time for him to move on.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I love the Fridge but it might be time for him to move on.

By your scale, what would he have to do to make it so that you say "he must go" not "he might have to go"?

Because to me, losing top recruits constantly out of your own state, and not getting the ball to the hands of your playmakers, never having your team ready to play in games they should win, constantly letting the better players be on the bench because they dont practice as well as the scrubs that he plays is enough for him to get the **** out now!

SeanTaylorRIP
10-27-2008, 09:34 AM
The game on Thursday in Blacksburg is going to be my ACC game of the year. Hopefully we get their 3rd string QB, but I am ready for anyone. If we beat them on a Thursday night in Blacksburg on National television, we will officially be on the map this year.

SuperKevin
10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Imagine how good this team would be if they had a quarterback.

DiG
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
terps basketball thread? season starts tonight!