PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Orioles Discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

ccB
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Guess we'll be able to keep my favorite promotional night "Throw Rocks At Jay Gibbons Night" except change the name to Aubrey Huff.

In case you haven't heard Aubrey called Baltimore a horse-**** city, well Aubrey you're a horse-**** baseball player so guess we fit together you ******.

I was listening to this live as he said it. It was on the Bubba the Love SPonge show on Sirius Satelite radio. It was a very candid interview, a little too candid. He trashed Baltimore as a city and said maybe in 3 years he can move on to Toronto and be 3rd in the Standings (he went from 5th in TB to 4th in Baltimore)

BigDawg819
11-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I was listening to this live as he said it. It was on the Bubba the Love SPonge show on Sirius Satelite radio. It was a very candid interview, a little too candid. He trashed Baltimore as a city and said maybe in 3 years he can move on to Toronto and be 3rd in the Standings (he went from 5th in TB to 4th in Baltimore)

Screw him!

ccB
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
The one good thing is he said the Baltimore Orioles organization has a lot of great baseball history in comparison to TB, but who doesn't?

BigDawg819
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Jake Arrieta is lighting it up in the Arizona Fall League.

mikehop05
11-27-2007, 08:59 PM
looks like tejada will def be gone, and bedard will have a shot to go if we can get a lot of good prospects for him...

weiters is goign to be ready by late next year or the start of the '09 season

hopefully we can move mora and huff also, get a couple prospects...

hopefully we can at least be fun to watch in the next year or two with young guys playing

fischbowl
11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
looks like tejada will def be gone, and bedard will have a shot to go if we can get a lot of good prospects for him...

weiters is goign to be ready by late next year or the start of the '09 season

hopefully we can move mora and huff also, get a couple prospects...

hopefully we can at least be fun to watch in the next year or two with young guys playing

Wieters is a beast. I say trade Hernandez by midseason and resign Bako and by then Wieters should be ready.

Hopefully Huff can be traded. He's seemed to have worn out his welcome. Also, on an somewhat related note, Melissa Midwest is very very hot.

Mora is older and I think Scott Moore is ready to breakout and eventually Bill Rowell.

Tejada is as good as gone. I've read that an extension is preferred for Bedard (good keep the LCC together).

mikehop05
11-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Wieters is a beast. I say trade Hernandez by midseason and resign Bako and by then Wieters should be ready.

Hopefully Huff can be traded. He's seemed to have worn out his welcome. Also, on an somewhat related note, Melissa Midwest is very very hot.

Mora is older and I think Scott Moore is ready to breakout and eventually Bill Rowell.

Tejada is as good as gone. I've read that an extension is preferred for Bedard (good keep the LCC together).

LCC?

lefty canadian...??

but yeah melissa is sexy ahahah

who would play short for us? luis hernendez?

ccB
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
The dodgers offer for Bedard is very intriguing, Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw are among the sames being tossed around.

mikehop05
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
The dodgers offer for Bedard is very intriguing, Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw are among the sames being tossed around.

having kemp and markakis in the corners of the OF would be a solid foundation for years to come..

throw in loney at first with moore playing 3rd

kershaw, loewan, gutherie, cabrera, and either penn/buress/olsen would be an intriguing and possibly the youngest starting rotation

mikehop05
11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
throw in the possible trade for tejada to angels (possible names are santana, kendrick, bootcheck, o'sullivan) and we could be looking at a possible contending team in 2 - 3 years, added that weieters develops we would at least be fun to watch in the next couple years..

id much rather goto the games to see a bunch of kids play then old men

BigDawg819
11-28-2007, 01:00 PM

We should definitely try to keep Bedard, but that Dodgers offer is awfully tempting.

dcarey20
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I'd love to ship Tejada to the Angels for at least Kendrick and Santana. I love Tejada, he's a great player and goes out and gives it his all every game, but he just hasn't been able to do anything to further the progress of the franchise. Get Bedard locked up, I don't care what it takes. Hernandez should be gone as well, I can't wait to see Wieters.

BigDawg819
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Tejeda has to be gone before Spring Training, there's no doubt about that. But whats going to kill us is the Mitchell Report because lets face it he's likely on it as well as a few other O's. As for Wieters, he's having a great season in Hawaii but lets not rush him just yet.

ccB
11-28-2007, 02:10 PM
The thing with Bedard is all signs seem to indicate he does not like playing in Baltimore and doesnt plan on resigning once his deals up. So if there is no chance we sign him long term we should probably get the best deal possible for him which would probably come from the Dodgers.

BigDawg819
11-28-2007, 02:19 PM
The thing with Bedard is all signs seem to indicate he does not like playing in Baltimore and doesnt plan on resigning once his deals up. So if there is no chance we sign him long term we should probably get the best deal possible for him which would probably come from the Dodgers.

No doubt if he wants out and the Dodgers keep that offer you jump all over it. But frankly we don't really know what he feels? The media is all over him because he doesn't like to talk and give interviews, and he isn't a very charasmatic individual. They give the impression that he doesn't want to be here, but frankly you can't blame him for that attitude in the past few years. Now that MacPhail is in charge, if Andy sits down with Erik and talks to him about the future plans and what not I think he can show Bedard why he should be here and why we need him here.

mikehop05
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
No doubt if he wants out and the Dodgers keep that offer you jump all over it. But frankly we don't really know what he feels? The media is all over him because he doesn't like to talk and give interviews, and he isn't a very charasmatic individual. They give the impression that he doesn't want to be here, but frankly you can't blame him for that attitude in the past few years. Now that MacPhail is in charge, if Andy sits down with Erik and talks to him about the future plans and what not I think he can show Bedard why he should be here and why we need him here.

trembely has already made some strides with bedard as far as getting him to be more open and personable

but i agree with the above posters, if we cant resign him long term then lets take advantage of the dodgers ridiculously deep farm system

BigDawg819
11-28-2007, 03:11 PM
trembely has already made some strides with bedard as far as getting him to be more open and personable

but i agree with the above posters, if we cant resign him long term then lets take advantage of the dodgers ridiculously deep farm system

I'm advocating that if Bedard doesn't want to commit long term then by all means take the Dodgers offer. I'm saying lets stop assuming that he doesn't want to sign here long term just because the media makes it out to be that way.

fischbowl
11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I'd love to ship Tejada to the Angels for at least Kendrick and Santana. I love Tejada, he's a great player and goes out and gives it his all every game, but he just hasn't been able to do anything to further the progress of the franchise. Get Bedard locked up, I don't care what it takes. Hernandez should be gone as well, I can't wait to see Wieters.

I've met Bedard while he was on a rehab stint with Aberdeen a while ago. He is sarcastic and hilarious. While Trembley did make strides, Erik is Erik.

That Dodgers offer is ridiculous, and it addresses our needs (and MacPhail's wants) for a farm system and immediate help. I love Loney and Kershaw and I'd love to see both them, Kemp, and maybe Jon Meloan in a O's jersey in the near future. Honestly, we need a developing year.

As for Ervin Santana, he had a ****** year last season. They are deep too. I'd take a deal like Kendrick, Jeff Mathis, and Terry Evans.

As for Wieters, don't rush him. We don't want another Danny Cabrera.

jkpigskin
11-29-2007, 08:41 PM
im kinda out of the loop on offseason talks.... who are our most likely partners in trades for tejada and/or bedard?

fischbowl
11-29-2007, 08:43 PM
im kinda out of the loop on offseason talks.... who are our most likely partners in trades for tejada and/or bedard?

Bedard: Dodgers, Mets
Tejada: Angels

BigDawg819
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Bedard: Dodgers, Mets
Tejada: Angels

I really don't see the Mets having enough to be considered contenders for Bedard.

fischbowl
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I really don't see the Mets having enough to be considered contenders for Bedard.

they certainly haven;t offered a Dodgers quality deal but they probably will offer up a package including Carlos GOmez.

ccB
11-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah I heard Gomez and Pelfrey from the Mets. I like the Dodgers offer a lot more. I am kind of hoping the deal goes through, Ill be pissed if we do not do the deal and Bedard is out of town once his deal is up. Theres no way we will be even some what competitive until 09 or later.

mikehop05
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
mora to phillies is a move thatll prolly happen, dunno for who tho

EdReedUnstoppable
11-30-2007, 05:23 PM
mora to phillies is a move thatll prolly happen, dunno for who tho

Id take a bakers dozen worth of Cheesesteaks for that assclown.

fischbowl
12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071126&content_id=2309348&vkey=news_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

Andy-Mac is excited!

If you look towards the bottom, a letter has been sent by me to the opryland in nashville, explaining the Rule V choice and minor league FA's I want. it also promotes myself and bigdawg for front office jobs.

ccB
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I just read somewhere that we are exploring a Bedard trade for Church and Heilman from the Mets. I will barf if we make this trade, only thing I want from the Mets is a deal around Gomez and Pelfrey. I heard we shot them down when they offered us Milledge and for that I say thank you, I didnt want that overrated turd on our team, not until he learns to hit a curveball.

fischbowl
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I just read somewhere that we are exploring a Bedard trade for Church and Heilman from the Mets. I will barf if we make this trade, only thing I want from the Mets is a deal around Gomez and Pelfrey. I heard we shot them down when they offered us Milledge and for that I say thank you, I didnt want that overrated turd on our team, not until he learns to hit a curveball.

that is fuckingg terrible

BigDawg819
12-03-2007, 02:43 PM
The only way we should trade Bedard is for a package with the Dodgers. If that can't be reached, keep him for the 2008 season and continue to work on a contract extension. Extending him has to be the top priority but if a trade has to happen then so be it but only with the Dodgers. The Mets are a pretender in this and hopefully only to leverage Bedard and the Dodgers. If they blow this Bedard deal by either not extending him or just trading him for nothing then I may contemplate turning in my Orioles allegiance.

fischbowl
12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
The only way we should trade Bedard is for a package with the Dodgers. If that can't be reached, keep him for the 2008 season and continue to work on a contract extension. Extending him has to be the top priority but if a trade has to happen then so be it but only with the Dodgers. The Mets are a pretender in this and hopefully only to leverage Bedard and the Dodgers. If they blow this Bedard deal by either not extending him or just trading him for nothing then I may contemplate turning in my Orioles allegiance.

or make him this July's premier trading chip if we can't get an extension done. My money is on him wanting to leave.

BigDawg819
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM
or make him this July's premier trading chip if we can't get an extension done. My money is on him wanting to leave.

We've had this debate for far too long to get back into it, but we can only go by what the media reports on Bedard since none of know him personally. I still contend that if MacPhail can show improvement for the future of this club that Bedard would be willing to resign long term.

fischbowl
12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
We've had this debate for far too long to get back into it, but we can only go by what the media reports on Bedard since none of know him personally. I still contend that if MacPhail can show improvement for the future of this club that Bedard would be willing to resign long term.

ive met him once.

BigDawg819
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
ive met him once.

You are my newfound hero!

mikehop05
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
the orioles want brandon wood and jered weaver for tejada...

i would cry tears of happiness if this were to come true... wood has some of the most potential in the middle infield out of anyone ive seen in a while... his power potential at that position is scary

ccB
12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
the orioles want brandon wood and jered weaver for tejada...

i would cry tears of happiness if this were to come true... wood has some of the most potential in the middle infield out of anyone ive seen in a while... his power potential at that position is scary

I think what we want is different than what we get.

mikehop05
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I think what we want is different than what we get.

yeah agreed, i think we see something in the aybar / santana field again...

ccB
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah agreed, i think we see something in the aybar / santana field again...

I think Kendrick and Santana with another prospect thrown in. McPhail is known for pulling some one sided deals off so lets see if it works in this case. Brandon Wood as an Oriole would leave me thrilled.

mikehop05
12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
seems as though everyone and their mother wants bedard, some calling him the best FA out there as he has less mileage than santana and is cheaper..

mets offered gomez, humber, and someone else i forget for bedard but were shot down... im not a huge fan of any of those players / prospects outside of gomez... and im questionable about him even

to me it seems as though 3 top MLB ready prospects plus another either fill player / mid level prospect will get it done for bedard

about 5-6 teams are interested in tejada, i see us getting at least 2 mid to upper prospects for him

ramon will be moved most likely, we will eat a big chuck of his salary, and i think we will then sign barrett

i think huff / millar will also be moved, again us having to eat a big chunk of that salary

i think mora will stay and play OF // payton has about a 50/50 shot a leaving imo

ccB
12-04-2007, 02:32 PM
2:56 p.m. ET, from Amy Nelson
• The Orioles and Dodgers may be close on a deal that will send left-hander Erik Bedard to Los Angeles, a baseball source said. The O's are in need of a center fielder and a closer who can play at the major league level, and the Dogders seem willing to part with outfielder Matt Kemp and reliever Jonathan Broxton, who could come in a close in lieu of Chris Ray, out for the year after Tommy John surgery. "They want Bedard bad," said the source.

Take it for what its worth, I hope theres more involved in the deal than a 2 for 1. Id love to get Kershaw but the Dodgers seem reluctant, Loney would be nice as well.

mikehop05
12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
2:56 p.m. ET, from Amy Nelson
The Orioles and Dodgers may be close on a deal that will send left-hander Erik Bedard to Los Angeles, a baseball source said. The O's are in need of a center fielder and a closer who can play at the major league level, and the Dogders seem willing to part with outfielder Matt Kemp and reliever Jonathan Broxton, who could come in a close in lieu of Chris Ray, out for the year after Tommy John surgery. "They want Bedard bad," said the source.

Take it for what its worth, I hope theres more involved in the deal than a 2 for 1. Id love to get Kershaw but the Dodgers seem reluctant, Loney would be nice as well.

id take kemp/ kershaw/ and broxton

if macphil is half the negoiator people say he is then he should be able to get loney also ;)

maybe a little far fetched but a guy can dream cant he

fischbowl
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Backup Catcher Situation Solved?

The Orioles signed C Guillermo Quiroz to a one-year deal yesterday. Quiroz, a former top prospect in the Toronto system, was one of the most coveted players last year on the 2005 Minor League Free Agent list. He signed with Seattle and hit .306 in 38 games with Tacoma. He found himself back on the MLFA list. He signed with Texas and degressed hitting .266 in 78 games with the Redhawks.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hI_K4gcYvl8_M5J9ye1hImxnOp9A

Good signing, he should be better than Bako while adding youth to the clubhouse, in my opinion

mikehop05
12-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Backup Catcher Situation Solved?

The Orioles signed C Guillermo Quiroz to a one-year deal yesterday. Quiroz, a former top prospect in the Toronto system, was one of the most coveted players last year on the 2005 Minor League Free Agent list. He signed with Seattle and hit .306 in 38 games with Tacoma. He found himself back on the MLFA list. He signed with Texas and degressed hitting .266 in 78 games with the Redhawks.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hI_K4gcYvl8_M5J9ye1hImxnOp9A

Good signing, he should be better than Bako while adding youth to the clubhouse, in my opinion

agrred, good signing.. hows he defensively though?

also, with miggy cabrera off the market now...

miggy tejada becomes the #1 guy people want now

ccB
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Anyone think we can somehow get Brian Barton in the rule v?

ccB
12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_heyman/12/05/scoop.wednesday/index.html

Sorry Big Dawg but Bedard rejected a 3 year extension, Is that official enough that he doesnt want to play here?

fischbowl
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Anyone think we can somehow get Brian Barton in the rule v?

Barton is probably not going to be available by the 4th pick. I really really like Yohan Pino though:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/P/Yohan-Pino.shtml

http://twins.scout.com/2/563806.html

ccB
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Barton is probably not going to be available by the 4th pick. I really really like Yohan Pino though:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/P/Yohan-Pino.shtml

http://twins.scout.com/2/563806.html

Well from what I understand 2 teams in front of us have full rosters, so we could in all actuality have the 2nd pick? I dont know if it works that way, but thats my understanding.

fischbowl
12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I think they have a choice not to pick, or they can very well just designate someone for assignment.

ccB
12-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I think they have a choice not to pick, or they can very well just designate someone for assignment.

Well I am just thinking big here, as unrealistic as it may be.

fischbowl
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Well I am just thinking big here, as unrealistic as it may be.

Apparently the Rays are not interested in Barton, so we may get lucky.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=677

ccB
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Apparently the Rays are not interested in Barton, so we may get lucky.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=677

If we get Barton and swing a deal for Kemp we'd have a great young OF with Barton, Markakis, and Kemp.

fischbowl
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
If we get Barton and swing a deal for Kemp we'd have a great young OF with Barton, Markakis, and Kemp.

Ambitious, ambitious indeed.

ccB
12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Think big, I trust in Andy Mac to do some good things for us, hell he cant do any worse than we have done in previous years.

fischbowl
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Bind Torture and Kill Jim Beattie!

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/Beattie_11.12.jpg

ccB
12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Bind Torture and Kill Jim Beattie!

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/Beattie_11.12.jpg

He can be second in line after Peter Angelos, although it seems Pete is staying out of Andy's way this offseason.

mikehop05
12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Well from what I understand 2 teams in front of us have full rosters, so we could in all actuality have the 2nd pick? I dont know if it works that way, but thats my understanding.

Who can select

MLB teams whose 40-man rosters are full are not allowed to select any players in the major league portion of the draft. Teams are allowed to select their own players, though the practice is rare.

with that said we might be able to take barton, which i would be all for if we move a couple vets

ccB
12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-roberts1205,0,2777882.story

Possible deal with the cubbies based around B-Rob

Anyone think we could net one of Hill/Gallagher/Marshall and Pie for BRob

BigDawg819
12-05-2007, 08:09 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_heyman/12/05/scoop.wednesday/index.html

Sorry Big Dawg but Bedard rejected a 3 year extension, Is that official enough that he doesnt want to play here?

And who could blame him for rejecting it? I've said all along that we need to keep him but if we can't then by all means trade him for value. We can't just trade him to trade him.

ccB
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
And who could blame him for rejecting it? I've said all along that we need to keep him but if we can't then by all means trade him for value. We can't just trade him to trade him.

Agreed, worst comes to worst we keep him until trade deadline and get rid of him then. We just cannot let teams force our hand into a trade where we are getting the short end of the stick. At the moment I am favoring the M's offer of Adam Jones/Marrow/Balentein and the Dodgers offer though the dodgers seem to be trying to dick us around.

BigDawg819
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Agreed, worst comes to worst we keep him until trade deadline and get rid of him then. We just cannot let teams force our hand into a trade where we are getting the short end of the stick. At the moment I am favoring the M's offer of Adam Jones/Marrow/Balentein and the Dodgers offer though the dodgers seem to be trying to dick us around.

Frankly a lot of teams are dicking around during trade talks. Andy MacPhail isn't going to just give Bedard away and he shouldn't like Flanagan would have done. I mean we all know this upcoming season is about looking at our young talent for the future so I'm siked for that and getting the talent in. I mean these prospects being touted as coming to the Orioles are mind boggling plus what Jake Arrieta did in the Arizona league in winning the title there, the future is looking good for the first time in decades. Now lets get a nice prospect in the Rule 5 draft and keep working the phones for trades.

mikehop05
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
cards took barton :/

mikehop05
12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
gibbons suspended.. big surprise

orioles took Randor Bierd

we hada shot at barton but didnt take him...

Troj2man
12-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Say it isn't so Jay!:eek:

fischbowl
12-06-2007, 09:11 PM
gibbons suspended.. big surprise

orioles took Randor Bierd

we hada shot at barton but didnt take him...

I'll post a scouting report tomorrow.

This dont mean diddley though, last time a Rule V stayed on the team for 1 year was Jose Morban, who hit .072 and basically wasted a roster spot.

mikehop05
12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll post a scouting report tomorrow.

This dont mean diddley though, last time a Rule V stayed on the team for 1 year was Jose Morban, who hit .072 and basically wasted a roster spot.

wasnt johan a ruleV pick

fischbowl
12-06-2007, 09:33 PM
wasnt johan a ruleV pick

so was roberto clemente and jay gibbons, some work out most don't.

BigDawg819
12-07-2007, 02:11 PM
If nothing else, we get another arm in the bullpen without wasting 18+ million dollars on it.

bsaza2358
12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3151849

Tejada to the Astros for 4 players.

DiG
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
interesting. not sure how i feel about this yet as i dont know much about some of those guys included in the trade. i do like that it is 3 young pitchers though. but now we are going to need to pick up a FA hitter to take tejadas spot because luke scott isnt a bad hitter but hes not tejada good either.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-12-2007, 12:17 PM
We got 5 for Tejada, so Im ok with it plus apparently this Luke Scott guy will prolly start in the outfield this year.

ccB
12-12-2007, 12:19 PM
My favorite part of the trade is Patton, basically what we did was clean out the Astros farm system of pitchers. Ill take 5 for 1, we lose Tejada who wasnt gonna help us anyway and I am sure we can get atleast one of the 5 to perform at an adequate level some day. Plus we dumped his salary and cleared 11 million dollars out of the deal from what I understand.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Troy Patton is already bitching about coming to Baltimore, God I love being an Oriole fan.

ccB
12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Troy Patton is already bitching about coming to Baltimore, God I love being an Oriole fan.

My favorite part of the trade has officially became my least favorite part. Hey Troy Patton! **** OFF!

mikehop05
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
im more excited about costanzo than anyone else really... patton being my second, but kudos to macphil for pulling this baddy off

fischbowl
12-14-2007, 05:18 PM
could we not resort to Mitchell Report talks please?

ill post my analysis with reports of the 5 prospects later.

dcarey20
12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Eh I'm not a huge fan of the trade to be honest. I'm glad we unloaded Miggy finally, but I just don't feel we got any big impact player. Luke Scott was an average player last year and will likely be the only one to contribute right away. The prospects we got weren't anything great IMO.

ccB
12-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Eh I'm not a huge fan of the trade to be honest. I'm glad we unloaded Miggy finally, but I just don't feel we got any big impact player. Luke Scott was an average player last year and will likely be the only one to contribute right away. The prospects we got weren't anything great IMO.

We dumped a declining Roid using SS who is going to have to move to 3B and we dumped his entire contract for 5 players, including 2 young arms who have the potential to develop into middle of the rotation guys, we got an OF who is a great club house present and solid offensive performer (almost out performed Miggy last year) and we pulled this all off a day before the mitchell report was released. We are not looking for anyone to contribute right away, we are in full rebuilding mode that will take atleast 3 years to finish. With this trade we breathed life into our farm system and out of the 5 players we are bound to "hit" with one of them. I think O's fans overrate Miggy and what his value represents on the open market. We no longer having a Chimp running the organization, if there was clearly a better offer on the table Andy Mac would have taken it. I think we got a fair return for what Miggy is, would you have rather kept him for 2 years, endured 2 more years of losing and then watched him walk? Also to be honest, I think Luke Scott is probably going to be flipped in another trade (one involving Bedard or Roberts) due to his age I do not see how he fits the rebuilding plan. This trade was built around Patton, not Scott.

ccB
12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Which deal do you guys prefer for Bedard? The Reds offer or the Mariners offer?

The Reds are offering some sort of package of, Either Homer Bailey or Cueto, Votto, and one of Hamilton/Encarnacion. But it seems like the Orioles are holding out for Jay Bruce.

The Mariners offer consists of some mixture of Adam Jones, Wladamir Balantein, and Brandon Morrow.

Personally I liked the Dodgers as a trade partner the best but it seems like they are out of the question after labeling, Kershaw, Broxton and Kemp all untouchable. If we can get Bruce from the Reds thats a no brainer but if not I think I kind of like the M's trade, I think Jones can be a superstar.

fischbowl
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Which deal do you guys prefer for Bedard? The Reds offer or the Mariners offer?

The Reds are offering some sort of package of, Either Homer Bailey or Cueto, Votto, and one of Hamilton/Encarnacion. But it seems like the Orioles are holding out for Jay Bruce.

The Mariners offer consists of some mixture of Adam Jones, Wladamir Balantein, and Brandon Morrow.

Personally I liked the Dodgers as a trade partner the best but it seems like they are out of the question after labeling, Kershaw, Broxton and Kemp all untouchable. If we can get Bruce from the Reds thats a no brainer but if not I think I kind of like the M's trade, I think Jones can be a superstar.

Quite the contrary. Bailey is an ace and Votto could man first base forever. The Reds system is stacked, and MacPhail has been known to pull rabbits out of hats sometimes.

dcarey20
12-16-2007, 11:00 AM

dcarey20
12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
We dumped a declining Roid using SS who is going to have to move to 3B and we dumped his entire contract for 5 players, including 2 young arms who have the potential to develop into middle of the rotation guys, we got an OF who is a great club house present and solid offensive performer (almost out performed Miggy last year) and we pulled this all off a day before the mitchell report was released. We are not looking for anyone to contribute right away, we are in full rebuilding mode that will take atleast 3 years to finish. With this trade we breathed life into our farm system and out of the 5 players we are bound to "hit" with one of them. I think O's fans overrate Miggy and what his value represents on the open market. We no longer having a Chimp running the organization, if there was clearly a better offer on the table Andy Mac would have taken it. I think we got a fair return for what Miggy is, would you have rather kept him for 2 years, endured 2 more years of losing and then watched him walk? Also to be honest, I think Luke Scott is probably going to be flipped in another trade (one involving Bedard or Roberts) due to his age I do not see how he fits the rebuilding plan. This trade was built around Patton, not Scott.

How did Luke Scott outperform Miggy? Scott hit .255 with 18 homers and 64 rbis. Miggy went .296 with 18 and 81. Scott is an ok player but he's just a typical Oriole outfielder. A slightly above average veteran with minimal upside, and as you said, it's hard to see him as part of the rebuilding process. Maybe he could fit in another deal. Albers has trouble with his control, and Patton has trouble striking people out.

Overall, I'm not pissed at this trade, I'm just not a huge fan. Maybe some of my frustration comes from knowing that we could have shipped Miggy out to Anaheim not too long ago for Ervin Santana and Erick Aybar. I'm glad we finally unloaded Miggy, but I could just see this trade not turning out to be much for us.

As for Bedard, with the uncertainty of who we may be getting in the other deals, I'm liking the Mariner one, as you said, I think Adam Jones is going to be a superstar.

mikehop05
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I think Andy Mac is going to hold out for Bruce, if the Reds are not willing to give up Bruce then I don't see us trading Bedard to them.

Bruce is a very exciting prospect, he could be a lot like Markakis, he hits for average and he hits for above average power as well. Our corner outfielders would be set and our middle of the order wouldn't lose a beat having lost Miggy (not like thats a HUGE loss).

Adam Jones is exactly the type of player we need to excite this ball club through this rebuilding process. My only concern with him is his strikeout #'s when he's played in the bigs, he has about a 1/3 strikeout rate.

Right now, I would wait until a great deal comes available. If nothing comes up right now, we can just as easily wait until before the All Star break and trade him for possibly even more to a desperate contender. Just pitch him 5 - 6 innings a game to limit injury, and then unload him to the Dodgers... who will most likely be freaking out because Kuroda won't have panned out, and AZ, SD, and LA will be all close to first...and LA will gladly give up Kemp / Kershaw

Alright maybe that's a stretch but still, point is, we could potentially get more for Bedard if we don't let him go before the season starts

fischbowl
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Hearsay my ass

B-Rob admits.

jkpigskin
12-28-2007, 07:18 PM
wow, ive been totally out of the loop on this offseason....
didnt even know miggy was gone....

feel like our team willl be more pathetic next season.....
*sigh

EdReedUnstoppable
12-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I think the team will be younger and perhaps more exciting game by game but record wise it will be the worst it has been in a long time..........like worse than the Devil Rays kind of worse.

go_ravens94
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM
The Tejada trade was good (it was Tejada for Scott AND PATTON (Astros top prospect), but we still need a bona fide slugger.

Don't trade Bedard and begin rebuilding around him.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
The Tejada trade was good (it was Tejada for Scott AND PATTON (Astros top prospect), but we still need a bona fide slugger.

Don't trade Bedard and begin rebuilding around him.

Hard to rebuild around a guy who doesn't wanna be here and wont sign an extension........TRADE HIM!

go_ravens94
12-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Okay, yeah, he won't sign an extension, but he'll come around.

fischbowl
01-02-2008, 01:40 PM
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080102&content_id=2337762&vkey=news_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

O's trade cash for minor league OF Chris Roberson. Roberson, a defensive minded CF best known for his speed, hit .282 in a cup of coffee with Philadelphia last year. He will compete with Tike Redman and Jay Payton for CF. OK trade, bad move optioning Fio.

go_ravens94
01-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I liked Fio. Good deal though.

fischbowl
01-06-2008, 07:04 PM
ugh Fio is a Red.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-09-2008, 10:16 AM
http://orioleshangout.com/article.asp?ID=1297

Pack up your roids and hit the road Roberts! And Bedard you're next!

All hail Andy McPhail change is upon us in Baltimore!

mikehop05
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
http://orioleshangout.com/article.asp?ID=1297

Pack up your roids and hit the road Roberts! And Bedard you're next!

All hail Andy McPhail change is upon us in Baltimore!

decent prospects, our farm system is getting better and better

go_ravens94
01-09-2008, 05:49 PM
If so, moronic trade.

mikehop05
01-09-2008, 07:03 PM
If so, moronic trade.

why???????

ccB
01-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I think it was a fair trade. I think we got equal value for B-Rob. I know most O's fans (Myself included) were hoping there was a way to get Hill or Pie in return but I cannot really argue with what we get in return. Gallagher has decent potential and I think he can turn into a #3 pitcher for us. Marshall is older but you can never have enough lhp's and Cedeno, another player with decent potential who can plug into the line up right away. We didn't rape them with this trade but they didn't rape us either.

Add these players to the players we received in the Houston trade, and the players we have coming up the ranks in our system now (Weiters, Arrieta, Rowell, Reimhold, Liz etc) we have revived our farm system and now have a lot of intriguing players. If we can now flip Bedard off to the M's for a package revolving around Jones and either Morrow/Clement/Trunfel/Balentein etc than we have set our selves up with enough young talent to continue to build onto for the next couple of years with the hopes of bringing a respectable ball club in Charm City, something I havent seen since I was 10 years old.

ccB
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7656588?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

A deal for Bedard to the M's could be close to being finished. The deal is centered around Adam Jones (STUD!) and if M's sign off on including Chris Tillman the deal is as good as done. Other names involved in the talks are, George Sherrill and Carlos Truinfel (another stud!)

And prospectinsider.com is saying that the Reds may jack up their offer for Bedard to include Bailey/Votto/Cueto/ and a 4th player in an attempt to steal him away from the M's.

No matter what happens I am excited to see what the outcome of the Bedard deal becomes. I think if the Reds are offering that big 3 and a 4th we take the deal though the players I like most out of any deals are Adam Jones and Carlos Truinfel.

BigDawg819
01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7656588?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

A deal for Bedard to the M's could be close to being finished. The deal is centered around Adam Jones (STUD!) and if M's sign off on including Chris Tillman the deal is as good as done. Other names involved in the talks are, George Sherrill and Carlos Truinfel (another stud!)

And prospectinsider.com is saying that the Reds may jack up their offer for Bedard to include Bailey/Votto/Cueto/ and a 4th player in an attempt to steal him away from the M's.

No matter what happens I am excited to see what the outcome of the Bedard deal becomes. I think if the Reds are offering that big 3 and a 4th we take the deal though the players I like most out of any deals are Adam Jones and Carlos Truinfel.

Are you trying to hurt me?

EdReedUnstoppable
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
http://orioleshangout.com/article.asp?ID=1299

They say the rumor is Bedard for Adam Jones, George Sherrill, and Christopher "Peanut" Tillman

I say GET IT DONE NOW!!!

go_ravens94
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Hmm... I think we're squandering a whole lot here.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Hmm... I think we're squandering a whole lot here.

What did we accomplish with Roberts and Bedard.......nothing!

Andy McPhail is changing things and eventually his plan will work, Im so fired up for Orioles baseball I could scream!!! I think Im gonna break out all my black and orange stuff and start gettin excited that change is on the rise!

ccB
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
What did we accomplish with Roberts and Bedard.......nothing!

Andy McPhail is changing things and eventually his plan will work, Im so fired up for Orioles baseball I could scream!!! I think Im gonna break out all my black and orange stuff and start gettin excited that change is on the rise!

Exactly. Are B-rob and Erik great players? Yes. Does 2 years of their service make us a winner? No. After their contracts run out in 2 years will either re-sign here? No. So why not cut our losses 2 years early while they still have great value instead of just letting them walk in 2 years and getting nothing in return.

BigDawg819
01-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Exactly. Are B-rob and Erik great players? Yes. Does 2 years of their service make us a winner? No. After their contracts run out in 2 years will either re-sign here? No. So why not cut our losses 2 years early while they still have great value instead of just letting them walk in 2 years and getting nothing in return.

To make an omelet you have to break some eggs. The Orioles have needed to commit to a full out rebuild for way to many years and now that we have the man to do it in Andy MacPhail its happening. While all of us here have grown attached to certain individuals on the team, Bedard being mine, right now we have to do what's best for the organization. That means making the tough trades to get the top notch prospects as well as drafting well. So far we are doing both so hell yeah the future is looking bright for us long suffering O's fans. Feel the excitement fellas, we damn sure earned it!

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Wait a minute do ERU, BigDawg, and CCBG agree on something? The world is now a twisted place.

BigDawg819
01-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Wait a minute do ERU, BigDawg, and CCBG agree on something? The world is now a twisted place.

See Andy MacPhail can give hope to any situation! :D

go_ravens94
01-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Next change- We need a much more agressive, Ravens-like or retro-angry bird logo.

BigDawg819
01-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Next change- We need a much more agressive, Ravens-like or retro-angry bird logo.

That's easily done:

Logo:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/images/history/logo5.gif

Mascot:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/images/history/mascot7.gif

go_ravens94
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Also, but Baltimore back on the Road Jerseys.
These are from the '71 World Series Team:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1971_baltimore.gif&Entryid=1177

fischbowl
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Fans have been promoting new away jerseys for a long long time.

As for Bedard, I would pounce on the Cincy deal shall they add another player to the Votto/Bailey/Cueto package. For me some names that come to mind are Chris Valaika, Daryl Thompson, and Danny Dorn. I too like Adam Jones and Carlos Triunfel (a beast) but Chris Tillman is nothing to be crazy over. Instead of Tillman, I'd prefer to see Tony Butler, Austin Bibens-Dirkx, Brodie Downs, or Greg Halman, a potential 5-star CF from the Netherlands. The last player in the deal would be Wladimir Balentien.

This is our system if the Cincinnati Deal gets done:

1) Wieters
2) Bailey
3) Votto
4) Patton
5) Cueto
6) Liz
7) Arrieta
8) Olson
9) Rowell
10) Reimold
11) Erbe
12) Beato
13) Hoey
14) Spoone
15) Snyder
16) Bascom
17) Thompson, Dorn, Valaika
18) Moore
19) Costanzo
20) McCrory/Tripp

Seattle:

1) Wieters
2) Jones
3) Patton
4) Triunfel
5) Arrieta
6) Olson
7) Rowell
8) Balentien
9) Reimold
10) Erbe
11) Beato
12) Hoey
13) Spoone
14) Snyder
15) Downs/Bibens/Halman
16) Bascom
17) Moore
18) Costanzo
19) McCrory
20 ) Tripp

fischbowl
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Apparently, the BRob-Cubs bit is dead.

I'll be down for a spring training in February. I'll be watching the following players especially:

Greg Aquino
Dennis Sarfate
Troy Patton
Randor Bierd
Matt Albers
Roberto Novoa
Rocky Cherry
Guillermo Quiroz
Ben Davis
Matt Wieters
Scott Moore
Chris Roberson

mikehop05
01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
so the b-rob deal is pretty much dead, apparently we wanted felix pie and a couple other prospects...

jay bruce for erik bedard straight up... do u do it?

ccB
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
so the b-rob deal is pretty much dead, apparently we wanted felix pie and a couple other prospects...

jay bruce for erik bedard straight up... do u do it?

As much as everyone love Bruce I prefer to take a deal from the Mariners that revolves around 2-3 of Adam Jones/Clement/Triunfel/Tillman and another 4th peice (Sherril?) I enjoy the quantity of a Mariners deal over the quality of Bruce, though personally I like Jones almost more than I like Bruce.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Well it sucks that BRob is still here but hopefully we'll get rid of Bedard and bring back young talent for him and turn this thing around.

Also I want us to have a new Orange Jersey and Black pants combo uni with Baltimore on it.

Troj2man
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Can anyone tell me about these other prospects in the Mariners deal? I know Adam Jones is pretty much a can't miss prospect, but what else will we be getting in the other players?

fischbowl
01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Can anyone tell me about these other prospects in the Mariners deal? I know Adam Jones is pretty much a can't miss prospect, but what else will we be getting in the other players?

ill post my scouting reports tomorrow.

fischbowl
01-22-2008, 08:50 PM
very solid signing today. The Orioles signed RHP Lance Cormier to a minor league deal. I say he'll be a key component of the bullpen all year

mikehop05
01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
looks like bedard to the m's is almost a done deal via mlbtraderumors.com

01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
looks like bedard to the m's is almost a done deal via mlbtraderumors.com

Guess Angelos decided not to put his nose into a deal for once.

mikehop05
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Guess Angelos decided not to put his nose into a deal for once.

well apparently he still can veto it, according to some sources he wasn't there on monday and won't be able to sign off on a deal until tomm at the earliest

Troj2man
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
There are reports that Angelos has in fact vetoed the deal. Of course we need to take this info with a grain of salt. Hopefully these reports are not true and the deal does get done.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Sign Off On The ****** Deal Angelos!!!

BigDawg819
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Easy now, reports are the O's and Bedard maybe working on an extension. In Andy MacPhail I trust baby!

EdReedUnstoppable
01-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Easy now, reports are the O's and Bedard maybe working on an extension. In Andy MacPhail I trust baby!

BOO!!!!! TRADE HIM :)

BigDawg819
01-28-2008, 09:49 PM
BOO!!!!! TRADE HIM :)

Don't start with me! The Lefty Canadian Contingent is FOREVER!

Troj2man
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I'll say right now that Bedard will probably be an Oriole this coming season. Not because of an extension, but because Angelos nixed the proposed Mariners trade. Bedard will then leave as a free agent much like Mussina did. The Orioles will be left once again with egg on their faces.

As you can tell I have faith in the Orioles at this point.

mikehop05
01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I'll say right now that Bedard will probably be an Oriole this coming season. Not because of an extension, but because Angelos nixed the proposed Mariners trade. Bedard will then leave as a free agent much like Mussina did. The Orioles will be left once again with egg on their faces.

As you can tell I have faith in the Orioles at this point.

i think hes not an oriole after the week

EdReedUnstoppable
01-30-2008, 03:57 AM
BTW I loike how Bedard comes out in the Sun and tries to say we don't want him, but when we offered a contract extension he said he only wanted 1 year. Who doesn't want who? I hate this ****** clown! TRADE HIM!!!!

fischbowl
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
hes an oriole until latest July 31st 2008.

fischbowl
01-30-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.bobbleheadexperts.com/assets/bobble_images/orioles_ponson_S.gif

Welcome Newest Member Of The Fischbowl Home

mikehop05
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
bedard for jones and gang is pretty much done as jones is in baltimore for a physical

jkpigskin
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
the o's will be fun to watch IMO if the can get felix pie from chicago...

since we know we have no chance of winning, we can just watch the kids go out and play

mikehop05
02-05-2008, 12:30 AM
the o's will be fun to watch IMO if the can get felix pie from chicago...

since we know we have no chance of winning, we can just watch the kids go out and play

yeah exactly, id rather watch a bunch of 23 year old kids lose rather than 38 year olds

BigDawg819
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
The neverending trade is finally official, Bedard is a Mariner and Adam Jones and company are in the Oriole fold. While I am sadden with the departure of Erik "The Silent Assassin" Bedard, one half of The Lefty Canadian Contingent, I am comforted by the addition of Adam Jones into the outfield. Plus Tillman may actually be the real gem of this deal down the road. Regardless, we got more for Bedard then the Twins got for Santana.

ALL HAIL ANDY MACPHAIL!

fischbowl
02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
OK Ladies and Germs here it is:

Adam Jones: ML Ready. Former SS moved to CF. Has drawn comparisons to Mike Cameron defensively in CF. Is projected as a 20-20 guy offensively. #1 Prospect 2007 #2 Prospect 2006.

2007 stats:

.314 in 420 AB's with 25 HR, 84 RBI and 7 SB at Tacoma
.246 in 65 AB's with 2 HR, 4 RBI, and 2 SB with Seattle

http://images.minorleagueball.com/images/admin/adamjones.JPG

George Sherrill:

3 Year Pro Is Already 30. Used mainly as a setup man and a lefty specialist in Seattle. Likely to be shipped elsewhere as we already have Jamie Walker, but this reporter would love to see him in Baltimore.

2007 Stats:

2-0, 2.36 ERA 3 SV, 56 SO in 45 2/3 IP

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2007/03/03/FX8rGwQb.jpg

Chris Tillman

RH Starting Pitching Prospect. Best Pitches In His Repertoire are his Slider and his low 90's fastball. Other pitches include Changeup and Splitter. Tall, Refined Delivery. Projects as an early rotation starter. #8 Prospect 2007.

2007 Stats:

1-4 3.55 ERA over 8 starts in Wisconsin
6-7 5.26 ERA over 20 Starts at High Desert

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/7/75/180px-ChrisTillmanWisconsinTimberRattlersPitcher.jpg

Tony Butler:

LH Starting Pitcher. Tall and Intimidating at 6'7'' with a very downhill windup. Had one of the best curveballs in the Seattle system and a fastball topping off at 95 while sitting in 89-92 range. Control is an issue, especially with his changeup. Projects as #3 starter. Threw a No Hitter for Wisconsin this year.

2007 Stats:

4-7 4.25 ERA in 18 S at Wisconsin

http://eas.iamjacksdesign.com/images/news/010.jpg

^ Newfound hate for the Everett Aquasox

Kam Mickolio

Unarguably my favorite prospect in the trade. Raw and shrouded with mystery. 6'9'' Righty from Utah Valley State drafted in the 19th Round of the 06 Draft after a poor season at UVS. Supposed Fastball from 92-95. Control Issues Galore. Rising Fast. Should be a project Enjoyed a fantastic 07:

3-1 1.82 ERA in 30 IP for West Tennessee
3-3 3.75 ERA in 24 IP at Tacoma

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/utva/sports/m-basebl/auto_action/578525.jpeg

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 06:36 PM
yeah im hearing that sherrill will likely be our closer, then we will flip him next year for more prospects

dcarey20
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Really happy with the deal, and happy it's finally done. If Jones fulfills even half of his ridiculous potential he'll be a great player. Sherrill doesn't look to fit much into the rebuilding process but he was outstanding for Seattle last year and should be a nice piece to a dreadful bullpen for at least this upcoming season. I'd like to see him stay with us. And the pitching prospects are really nice. Tillman is my favorite of the bunch. Chances are at least one of them will pan out for us.

MacPhail looks like the man right now. Staying patient, not settling on deals, getting the most possible for our guys, and getting some big time talents.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Im just happy that now I only have to boo Aubrey Huff, Jay Gibbons, and Brian Roberts on opening day!

BigDawg819
02-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Im just happy that now I only have to boo Aubrey Huff, Jay Gibbons, and Brian Roberts on opening day!

Adam Loewen for Opening Day Starter!

EdReedUnstoppable
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Adam Loewen for Opening Day Starter!

Did I miss something did we trade Daniel Cabrera? :)

dcarey20
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Did I miss something did we trade Daniel Cabrera? :)

Jeremy Guthrie.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
When are we gonna get rid of Roberts? I mean cmon dammit!

fischbowl
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
When are we gonna get rid of Roberts? I mean cmon dammit!

Have patience ERU, good things will come eventually.

BigDawg819
02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Have patience ERU, good things will come eventually.

They already have, his name is Andy MacPhail.

fischbowl
02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
I will be at Spring Training at least 5 times in this upcoming week. Whenever I don't have a morning game i'll be there, and I will post thoughts

mikehop05
02-19-2008, 01:36 PM
I will be at Spring Training at least 5 times in this upcoming week. Whenever I don't have a morning game i'll be there, and I will post thoughts

good stuff, cant wait to hear em

mikehop05
02-27-2008, 05:42 PM
hey fisch you going to be at the opener tomm?

im interested to see how loewen does

fischbowl
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Nah, I've been home since Tuesday. We got owned though 16-3.

Some Notes:

Matt Wieters is indeed the calling. Guy has a gun.

Troy Patton looked like a little leaguer, but some of those problems were due to shoulder issues.

Ryan Bukvich, Jim Hoey, Greg Aquino, and Lance Cormier all pitched very well. They all should vie for the last few bullpen spots, and Aquino might even close. if the George Sherrill experiment fails. Esteban Yan got very large since his last Oriole stint.

Kam Mickolio impressed me a lot. I took video of his delivery. He is a huge goon though, kind of a 7' tall stick

Mike Costanzo looks like a good pickup.

mikehop05
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Nah, I've been home since Tuesday. We got owned though 16-3.

Some Notes:

Matt Wieters is indeed the calling. Guy has a gun.

Troy Patton looked like a little leaguer, but some of those problems were due to shoulder issues.

Ryan Bukvich, Jim Hoey, Greg Aquino, and Lance Cormier all pitched very well. They all should vie for the last few bullpen spots, and Aquino might even close. if the George Sherrill experiment fails. Esteban Yan got very large since his last Oriole stint.

Kam Mickolio impressed me a lot. I took video of his delivery. He is a huge goon though, kind of a 7' tall stick

Mike Costanzo looks like a good pickup.

hows adam jones look?

fischbowl
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
hows adam jones look?

i actually didnt see him. I left uber disappointed.

Im actually pondering if Jones is valuable as a SS. He was a very good high school SS and I believe he has the athleticism to move back to the position

Troj2man
02-29-2008, 12:02 AM
hows adam jones look?

I've heard Jones has looked decent. In his 2nd game he hit and grand slam as well as a single. His misplayed a ball in the outfield. At least this time it dropped in front of him instead of behind him like the first game.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-29-2008, 08:15 AM
I turned on the radio to take a shower yesterday afternoon and what do I here......... "Orioles trailing 9-2" and I felt like things were right in the world again!

fischbowl
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4409/hendricksbo4.th.jpg

My next purchase^

Retire 44!

dcarey20
03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
i actually didnt see him. I left uber disappointed.

Im actually pondering if Jones is valuable as a SS. He was a very good high school SS and I believe he has the athleticism to move back to the position

If he could indeed play short it would be much more valuable than center field, given our decent amount of depth in the outfield and the fact that luis hernandez is in line to start at SS. But then again I don't give it much of a shot as he's been being groomed to be a CF for a bit now and he fits well there.

fischbowl
03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080307&content_id=2410277&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

Patton done for the year. Wonderful. Just ******* wonderful.

fischbowl
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=bal&y=2008

Pretty nice promo schedule. I'll try and make it down for cow day on may 17th.

BD, grab two beanies those look pretty nice.

mikehop05
03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
horrayyy

we finally cut gibbons!

fischbowl
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080331&content_id=2473633&vkey=news_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

I love it....

dcarey20
03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Well me and a couple buds went down to Baltimore and bought a few tickets off a scalper for 15 bucks a piece, and I had a really good time. Despite losing, it's the most hope I've had for the O's in some time. It was just cool seeing new faces like Jones, Scott, and Albers. And Aubrey Huff got booed early and often. :)

ChefMike
03-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Well it looks like another baltimore team can learn to build through the draft lol Maybe Ozzie should go over and help McPhail convince Angelo's to let him do things all the time HIS WAY and not with any interference !!!!

mikehop05
04-05-2008, 12:06 PM
2 - 1, i say we quit while we are ahead

fischbowl
04-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm excited for Loewen's start today, very excited in fact.

mikehop05
04-05-2008, 12:26 PM

samesies.

im also encouraged that weiters belted two homers in his debut for the keys

BigDawg819
04-05-2008, 01:09 PM

THE LEFTY CANADIAN CONTINGENT LIVES ON!

mikehop05
04-05-2008, 07:57 PM
loewen didnt do terrible tonight, he was a little wild still, but managed to do decent

he still doesnt look like his first two starts from last year though

i would expect him to be pitching like that around mid-may to early june

bmoreravens5289
04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
WOW! The Orioles are 5-1! 4 game sweep of the Mariners! Holy crap! Our offense is really good and our bullpen is the best in the majors! What is wrong with the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcarey20
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Make it 6-1 after today. It's early but this team looks outstanding in almost every way.

mikehop05
04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Make it 6-1 after today. It's early but this team looks outstanding in almost every way.

just wait till we realize we are the orioles and are suppose to suck

fischbowl
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Maybe it's not a fluke. I've been saying it all day.

Also Luke Scott is a champ

EdReedUnstoppable
04-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Wow we're 6-1.................too bad there is only 6 million more games to go, if not for that then I'd be excited. But we'll be in 4th in the division come the end of the season, so blow your loads on this team while you can........Aubrey Huff is a ****** and he blows!

fischbowl
04-10-2008, 07:41 AM
http://www.djstructure.com/toolimages/content/MelissaMidwest%20FanSign_2.jpg

OFFICIAL "STONE MELISSA MIDWEST" POST

fischbowl
04-13-2008, 10:28 AM
We got to trade Jamie Walker. Got to as in HAVE TO!

Pen's Out, BD! Let the letter writing campaign begin!

Ravens1991
04-13-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.djstructure.com/toolimages/content/MelissaMidwest%20FanSign_2.jpg

OFFICIAL "STONE MELISSA MIDWEST" POST

??????????????????????

from what I have seen I have hope for the O's and the future.

trkaline
04-13-2008, 12:42 PM
??????????????????????

from what I have seen I have hope for the O's and the future.

Yeah this is the rebuilding season and we've done surprisingly well, only problem is we've done this before just for the bottom to fall out when everyone starts talking this is our year bullspit....

Ravens1991
04-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Wieters our 1st round catch is batting .524 in minors, it is A, hopefully he develops. And Congrats to Markakis for his 1st HR this season.

mikehop05
04-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Wieters our 1st round catch is batting .524 in minors, it is A, hopefully he develops. And Congrats to Markakis for his 1st HR this season.

ill second that

and add that this was a very frustrating game to watch

fischbowl
04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Melissa Midwest was the porn star who was with Aubrey Huff when he was on the radio saying that **** about us.

Ravens1991
04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
o is he tappin that or were they just on at the same time. Also this is a real dunce post but what did he say?

EdReedUnstoppable
04-14-2008, 05:57 AM
The only thing Aubrey Huff is tapping other than his right hand is his boyfriends ass.......HE's A ******!

Ravens1991
04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
May I ask what he said?

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
May I ask what he said?

He talked **** about the Orioles organization and the city itself.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-15-2008, 10:43 PM
He said Baltimore is a horseshit city, but he's a horseshit baseball player so I guess he fits in great!

mikehop05
04-16-2008, 03:16 PM
props to jones for his first homer as an Oriole

and last nights game is more of what i expected to see this year as oppose to the good pitching and clutch hits that we had starting off the season

fischbowl
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacN3Ek2B_

This should stir up some action

mikehop05
05-16-2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacN3Ek2B_

This should stir up some action

link doesnt work

fischbowl
05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Alex Cintron on the Jim Johnson ticket, BD?

trkaline
05-18-2008, 03:38 PM
We are doing awesome....now for the real Orioles to come back...anytime now...man i hope were for real this year....

mikehop05
05-18-2008, 08:55 PM
yeah im just waiting for that 20 game losing streak...

honestly as long as our pitching keeps this up we may be able to break .500 on the season

EdReedUnstoppable
05-19-2008, 05:19 AM
We have officially begun our plummit to the bottom of the AL East!

BigDawg819
05-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Alex Cintron on the Jim Johnson ticket, BD?

Pretty sure George Sherrill had won that spot but either way.....

mikehop05
06-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Cabrera struggling

Sherill struggling

looks like we are going back down

fischbowl
06-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Cabrera struggling

Sherill struggling

looks like we are going back down

but Steve Trachsel was released! Things cannot be bad!

dcarey20
06-16-2008, 11:30 PM
but Steve Trachsel was released! Things cannot be bad!

QFT..........