PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Orioles Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

ccB
04-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I figured we mind as well make a thread specifically for the Os. We were hot for a while but we seem to be cooling off. I think this is the last time we will be in 2nd place this year.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 07:58 AM
We are an average team which is better than what we have been for about a decade now so Ill take it. But don't get overly excited cause they aint goin nowhere!

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Come on everyone lets not lose the love for the Os this fast ! Lets support them while they are hot never know...no one expected the Tigers to be as good as they were last year ?

(NO I AM NOT SAYING WE ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!)

go_ravens94
04-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, but that A's loss a couple of days ago reminded me of the Orioles of old. My dad has a joke he'd pull on opening day:

"The Orioles have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs."

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 10:19 AM
The things that are killing us are a lack of fundamentals, poor defensive decisions, and not producing with runners in scoring position. And don't get me started on pitching matchups, Perlozzo brings in Jamie Walker to pitch to Ortiz who's only 5-9 off him and then singles in the winning run and then brings in Bradford to pitch to Manny who's 7-13 off him. We need a manager that will stressed these things to the guys and not just sit there and go ahh shucks like he seems to be doing. And whatever happened to stealing bases with Roberts or Patterson, or bunting a man over?

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 11:34 AM
The things that are killing us are a lack of fundamentals, poor defensive decisions, and not producing with runners in scoring position. And don't get me started on pitching matchups, Perlozzo brings in Jamie Walker to pitch to Ortiz who's only 5-9 off him and then singles in the winning run and then brings in Bradford to pitch to Manny who's 7-13 off him. We need a manager that will stressed these things to the guys and not just sit there and go ahh shucks like he seems to be doing. And whatever happened to stealing bases with Roberts or Patterson, or bunting a man over?

We have one of the worst managers in baseball, Perlozzo shouldn't be a coach in MLB anymore than I should. Plus we don't have a consistent power hitter.

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 12:09 PM
We have one of the worst managers in baseball, Perlozzo shouldn't be a coach in MLB anymore than I should. Plus we don't have a consistent power hitter.

We barely have any power, Tejada's power numbers have declined since coming here, Huff is probably only 20 homer guy, Millar is 10-15, Gibbons, I don't know what the hell he is and platooning him is hurting him immensely, and Hernandez you don't know what to expect. If we are still in it at the All-Star break a bat is a must come the trade deadline.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
We barely have any power, Tejada's power numbers have declined since coming here, Huff is probably only 20 homer guy, Millar is 10-15, Gibbons, I don't know what the hell he is and platooning him is hurting him immensely, and Hernandez you don't know what to expect. If we are still in it at the All-Star break a bat is a must come the trade deadline.

He is a piece of s**t thats what he is!

I say the next promotion to get people to the yard....... throw rocks at Jay Gibbons night, I'LL BE THERE!!!

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 12:31 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/05/17/1147869515_7216.jpg

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/gibbons0925.jpg

http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/jay-gibbons.jpg

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/images/2006/04/08/zYCBJVdH.jpg

How could you not like Jay Gibbons?

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
How could you not like Jay Gibbons?

Cause he is a worthless ******, and a liability in the field and can't hit for s**t, not to mention a roid freak.

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Cause he is a worthless ******, and a liability in the field and can't hit for s**t, not to mention a roid freak.

I think she would disagree with the ****** comment:

http://www.fromonefamilytoanother.org/images/jgib2.gif

:D :D :D

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I think she would disagree with the ****** comment:

http://www.fromonefamilytoanother.org/images/jgib2.gif

:D :D :D

Yeah cause no homosexual guy has ever gotten married to cover up his gayness from the public, he is a ******.

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah cause no homosexual guy has ever gotten married to cover up his gayness from the public, he is a ******.

Or is it you that has a crush on him and secretly hope he's a ******? :D

EdReedUnstoppable
04-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Or is it you that has a crush on him and secretly hope he's a ******? :D

Nah not my type, I prefer a more delicious man like KWAME BROWN!!!! :)

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Nah not my type, I prefer a more delicious man like KWAME BROWN!!!! :)

Touche good sir touche...

niel89
04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
damn i can take part of this discussion because im a giants fan.

dcarey20
04-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm going to the Boston game tonight, hopefully we can break out of this tough 3 game losing streak.

By the way, what's everyone's thought on Gary Thorne's comments? Saying that Curt Schilling's bloody sock was a hoax?

And as for Sam Perlozzo, sure he isn't the greatest manager in the world, but without him we wouldn't have Leo Mazzone, so I try to take the good with the bad.

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm going to the Boston game tonight, hopefully we can break out of this tough 3 game losing streak.

By the way, what's everyone's thought on Gary Thorne's comments? Saying that Curt Schilling's bloody sock was a hoax?

And as for Sam Perlozzo, sure he isn't the greatest manager in the world, but without him we wouldn't have Leo Mazzone, so I try to take the good with the bad.

Even with Mazzone, who I love for our staff, Perlozzo's managing is atrocious and his lack of action on our glaring problems is costing us games. I was thinking about going to the game tonight but I feel miserable so I don't see it happening. I might though.....

go_ravens94
04-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Even with Mazzone, who I love for our staff, Perlozzo's managing is atrocious and his lack of action on our glaring problems is costing us games. I was thinking about going to the game tonight but I feel miserable so I don't see it happening. I might though.....

But the Mora bunting call in the 9th against OAK the other day wasn't Perlozzo. Mora saw the 3rd Baseman playing deep and thought he could score Patterson, but he bunted the ball the opposite way for the 1st out.

Then Markakis struck out, which surprised me.

I knew the game was over when Tejada came up. I was trying to communicate: "THIS PITCHER'S THROWING ALL OVER THE PLACE! WAIT FOR YOUR PITCH!"

Of course, he swung at the first pitch and popped out.

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 05:04 PM
But the Mora bunting call in the 9th against OAK the other day wasn't Perlozzo. Mora saw the 3rd Baseman playing deep and thought he could score Patterson, but he bunted the ball the opposite way for the 1st out.

Then Markakis struck out, which surprised me.

I knew the game was over when Tejada came up. I was trying to communicate: "THIS PITCHER'S THROWING ALL OVER THE PLACE! WAIT FOR YOUR PITCH!"

Of course, he swung at the first pitch and popped out.

I'm not blaming Sam for the Mora incident, in fact if he would have communicated it to Corey he probably could have scored. But Sam has not cracked down on the defensive problems, the lack of fundamental baseball, and ignoring the matchups last night with Walker/Ortiz and Bradford/Manny is another dagger. Not to mention the quagmire that is the Payton/Gibbons/Huff/Millar vieing for time is ridiculous. I love the O's but its getting hard to ignore these things and something needs to change.

go_ravens94
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not blaming Sam for the Mora incident, in fact if he would have communicated it to Corey he probably could have scored. But Sam has not cracked down on the defensive problems, the lack of fundamental baseball, and ignoring the matchups last night with Walker/Ortiz and Bradford/Manny is another dagger. Not to mention the quagmire that is the Payton/Gibbons/Huff/Millar vieing for time is ridiculous. I love the O's but its getting hard to ignore these things and something needs to change.

I'm not saying Perlozzo is good, but he is semi-good and if we could get the baseball opposite of Perlozzo to co-manage... Anyway, Negative x Positive = POSITIVE!

BigDawg819
04-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm not saying Perlozzo is good, but he is semi-good and if we could get the baseball opposite of Perlozzo to co-manage... Anyway, Negative x Positive = POSITIVE!

Umm remedial math for you:

-8 x 8= -64

A negative multiplied by a positive number will result in a negative number.

go_ravens94
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I meant negative x negative = positive.

BigDawg819
06-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Alright Birds fans its finally happened, Sam Perlozzo has been fired! :D Now maybe this will point us in the right direction as opposed to staying in the AL East cellar.

ccB
06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
it was only a matter of time, we are targeting Joe Girardi which makes me happy.

mikehop05
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
i really doubt girardi takes the job though, ol georgey boy up in NY is all over his nuts for next in line for the yankees job...

but then again if the yanks keep playing like this torre will have his job at the end of the year

dcarey20
06-18-2007, 11:23 AM
All I can say is it's about time. Perlozzo is a nice guy but he was horrible this year.

BigDawg819
06-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Perlozzo was a good/great 3rd base coach, as a manager he was a bum.

jkpigskin
06-18-2007, 01:45 PM
finally....
i hope we can still have him as a bench coach or something

fischbowl
06-18-2007, 03:09 PM
All I can say is it's about time. Perlozzo is a nice guy but he was horrible this year.

yeah it truly is about time.

what do y'all think of bringing Eddie Murray back?

BigDawg819
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
yeah it truly is about time.

what do y'all think of bringing Eddie Murray back?

Eddie has been fired as a hitting instructor twice in the past 3 years and apparently has a bad rap with former players so I don't want him anywhere near the club.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 11:52 AM
We are the joke of the majors, it's sad.

BigDawg819
06-19-2007, 12:52 PM
We are the joke of the majors, it's sad.

This is truly rock bottom for what was once the pride of Major League Baseball.

jkpigskin
06-19-2007, 03:39 PM
i was lookin back at some of the games we missed... and we blew sooooooo many games

we blow

mikehop05
06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
honestly i say we clean house

we keep markakis, ray, roberts and bedard.. maybe guthrie

then we trade anyone with value during the season for prospects... we get our prospects some PT, say **** the rest of the season and just let the kids play ball much like the marlins did

build up our farm system then hope to compete in a year or two

honestly i like this "lets win now" attitude that we have had now for 10 years... but obviously its not working, i would much rather goto a game and watch a bunch of kids play and have fun then watch these bums get embarrassed constantly

Ravens1991
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
a lot of ESPN people say the way the O's get back to a good level is to fire Peter Angelos. Do you agree?

fischbowl
06-19-2007, 06:54 PM
honestly i say we clean house

we keep markakis, ray, roberts and bedard.. maybe guthrie

then we trade anyone with value during the season for prospects... we get our prospects some PT, say **** the rest of the season and just let the kids play ball much like the marlins did

build up our farm system then hope to compete in a year or two

honestly i like this "lets win now" attitude that we have had now for 10 years... but obviously its not working, i would much rather goto a game and watch a bunch of kids play and have fun then watch these bums get embarrassed constantly

i agree but rumors say we're frontrunners for Teixiera. If we do get him, I'd be mixed for he is a local but im all for the youth movement.

fischbowl
06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
a lot of ESPN people say the way the O's get back to a good level is to fire Peter Angelos. Do you agree?

He's the owner so how is that possible?

jkpigskin
06-19-2007, 07:21 PM

of course i agree.. the only people that like angelos are the ones that are getting rich off him... and even they dont like him

mikehop05
06-19-2007, 07:38 PM
of course i agree.. the only people that like angelos are the ones that are getting rich off him... and even they dont like him

he needs to just stick to his lawfirm and let this new guy come in and just hand him the keys to the team

its our best shot to win

mikehop05
06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
i agree but rumors say we're frontrunners for Teixiera. If we do get him, I'd be mixed for he is a local but im all for the youth movement.

ive heard this too, however, i believe he is signed through '08... so we would have to trade for him and the most recent trade rumor was for markakis and bedard, which is wayyy too much

i say we give them cabrera and mora

mikehop05
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2908361

good read, especially the part about cal ripken evetually buying the team from angelos :)

SuperKevin
06-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I miss going to Camden Yards. PetCo Park is really nice though too

Ravens1991
06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
were you stationed in MD SuperKevin?

I really like the idea of a youth movment and build around Markakis.

fischbowl
06-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I miss going to Camden Yards. PetCo Park is really nice though too

Petco Park sucks for hitters.

mikehop05
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
holy **** we won one

Ravens1991
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

fischbowl
06-21-2007, 11:25 AM
this is momentous!

mikehop05
06-21-2007, 11:32 AM
hopefully players like millar, more and huff start heating up, get their trade value up a little

tejada is set right now to go someplace...

we should do tejada for texeria straight up, then the rangers can trade tejada to the angels for a couple prospects

mikehop05
06-21-2007, 11:32 AM
this is momentous!

22 game winning streak here we come

Ravens1991
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Remember those Miggy for Prior talks a couple of years ago. Those were interesting. I wouldnt mind rebuilding I think we could trade for Texeria he is still young at 27.

Ravens1991
06-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Bedard has 9 strike outs through 6 innings.

and another win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikehop05
06-21-2007, 08:59 PM
2 in a row, wow

but seriously, miggy for texeria straight up, then rangers find a 3rd party (angels)

i think its work great haha

Ravens1991
06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Do u think Texeria would re-sign w/ us? I think we have good pieces in Markakis and Bedard and possibly Texeria he is still young.

Now a question....

Would you trade Orlando Cabrera?

mikehop05
06-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Do u think Texeria would re-sign w/ us? I think we have good pieces in Markakis and Bedard and possibly Texeria he is still young.

Now a question....

Would you trade Orlando Cabrera?

thats true, cabrera and tejada are very similar players... i dont see anyone picking up cabreras contract, maybe then rangers trade tejada back to oakland?

other news: tejada's wrist now appears to be broken

killllls his trade value, no matter of if it heals or not by july31, he wont have the same value

jkpigskin
06-22-2007, 09:19 PM
great news for the good news orioles!
yay

mikehop05
06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
i like this...

lets just keep scoring so many runs that the bullpen doesnt really even have a chance to blow it

Ravens1991
06-23-2007, 10:26 AM
3 game win streak

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 12:36 PM
For us to get Texieria what do you think we would have to give up?

ccB
06-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Isnt Texiera a FA after this year?

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 01:22 PM
yea I remember it is either this year or next. I dont know if he said anything about returning to MD he is a severna park boy from Anne Arudenel, I am not sure if Washington is closer but I hope he comes to Baltimore. A young 100 RBI player is a great fit for us.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Can you go to Camden yards and buy tickets at the door?

ccB
06-24-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah unless it sells out (unlikely)

jkpigskin
06-24-2007, 05:54 PM

most definatly
no way we sell out

and thats wat i did for a game...
i came about 10 minutes late and their were so many good seats left

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 06:43 PM
thank you all.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 10:05 PM
It turns out Bedard wont miss a start.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Bedard is apparently quite the douche bag. He hates Baltimore, hates the Orioles, is not gonna re-sign...........TRADE HIM WHILE YOU CAN STILL GET SOMETHING FOR HIM!!!!

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 09:23 AM
noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree if he doesnt wanna be on the team get him the hell out send him were we can get something for him.

mikehop05
06-25-2007, 05:02 PM
yea I remember it is either this year or next. I dont know if he said anything about returning to MD he is a severna park boy from Anne Arudenel, I am not sure if Washington is closer but I hope he comes to Baltimore. A young 100 RBI player is a great fit for us.

i saw an interview where he said he would love to play for the orioles, i believe he even said it would be a dream come true

mikehop05
06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Bedard is apparently quite the douche bag. He hates Baltimore, hates the Orioles, is not gonna re-sign...........TRADE HIM WHILE YOU CAN STILL GET SOMETHING FOR HIM!!!!

where did you hear this?

i wouldnt doubt it... he never seems to be happy out there

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 05:10 PM
where did you hear this?

i wouldnt doubt it... he never seems to be happy out there

How could anyone be happy out there with this franchise?

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 05:12 PM
my theory....

Ship Tejeda and Bedard for a great pitching prospect and maybe a role player

sign Texieria

now we have...

Markakis
Texieria
great pitching prospect

the only problem is finding a contender that needs a SS and a pitcher w/ a good pitching prospect

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 05:21 PM
my theory....

Ship Tejeda and Bedard for a great pitching prospect and maybe a role player

sign Texieria

now we have...

Markakis
Texieria
great pitching prospect

the only problem is finding a contender that needs a SS and a pitcher w/ a good pitching prospect

Trading Bedard is a mistake but unfortunately at this point in the franchise is one that probably needs to be made. As for Texieria, if we don't pull the trigger on a trade for him by the trade deadline we will have no shot to sign him come the offseason after next year. The Yankees are in talks for him and if he goes to New York then he ain't leaving there for a long time. And whats with all this Markakis infatuation? He's a second year player that will likely be a 20 Homer/80-90 RBI/15-20 Stolen Base guy for his career and everyone acts like he's the second coming of Mickey Mantle or something. Markakis will merely be a piece to the puzzle for future success but won't certainly be a major piece.

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 06:16 PM
yea it isnt like he will be a HOF but he is a solid piece he is a good player.

dcarey20
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
If Bedard is truly unhappy, then I guess we could ship him, but I haven't heard anything about that. If he's not unhappy then why would we give up a proven 28 year old in Bedard for a great pitching prospect? Bedard was a great pitching prospect that is turning into a stud. Makes no sense. We probably should have shipped Tejada last season, and it worse because now that he is hurt and his value is down. We could have had at least Erick Aybar and Ervin Santana for him.

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I suggest we trade him becuase ERU said he doesnt like it here, we could get something for him.

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I suggest we trade him becuase ERU said he doesnt like it here, we could get something for him.

Well no disrespect for my boy ERU, but I'm sure no Oriole player likes it here with almost a decade of losing upon us so do you now want to trade the whole team?

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
not the whole team but I think we need to rebuild. If that means trading a majority of our veterans to get youth and talent then I guess that is the price we have to pay.

jkpigskin
06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
i wonder to myself how the florida marlins last year won soo many games with a 14million dollar payroll?

Troj2man
06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
yeah unless it sells out (unlikely)

The only time you'll have a problem is when the Yankees or Red Sox are here. You get all their fans here and of course the bandwagon fans here in Baltimore.

Troj2man
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Where did you hear this at? I know Bedard doesn't have the best work ethic, but I doubt he truly hates it here in Baltimore. If he did he would have forced a trade by now.

Either way hopefully the Orioles will be able to trade him. The Blue Jays are going to make a big push for him once he becomes a free agent.

mikehop05
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Trading Bedard is a mistake but unfortunately at this point in the franchise is one that probably needs to be made. As for Texieria, if we don't pull the trigger on a trade for him by the trade deadline we will have no shot to sign him come the offseason after next year. The Yankees are in talks for him and if he goes to New York then he ain't leaving there for a long time. And whats with all this Markakis infatuation? He's a second year player that will likely be a 20 Homer/80-90 RBI/15-20 Stolen Base guy for his career and everyone acts like he's the second coming of Mickey Mantle or something. Markakis will merely be a piece to the puzzle for future success but won't certainly be a major piece.

he's 23 years old hitting in the #3 spot with no protection from our #4 hitters...

he can stand to get a little more power, but besides that he will be a great player for us in years to come...

i beg to differ in that he will not be a major piece

mikehop05
06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Well no disrespect for my boy ERU, but I'm sure no Oriole player likes it here with almost a decade of losing upon us so do you now want to trade the whole team?

yes.

except ray, markakis, gutherie, burress, and maybe roberts

trade the lot of em for what we can get and lets play out this season with rookies who will play their asses off

(which is how florida did so well with a 14m payroll)

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 11:27 PM
he's 23 years old hitting in the #3 spot with no protection from our #4 hitters...

he can stand to get a little more power, but besides that he will be a great player for us in years to come...

i beg to differ in that he will not be a major piece

Its your perogative to differ but I'm telling you he's not the god he's made out to be. In a lot of ways he reminds me of a Brady Anderson, who by the way wasn't a major piece of any puzzle.

mikehop05
06-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Its your perogative to differ but I'm telling you he's not the god he's made out to be. In a lot of ways he reminds me of a Brady Anderson, who by the way wasn't a major piece of any puzzle.

im not saying hes a god but, with a real #4 hitter behind him he'd be an all star in a year or two

he's out of position batting #3 right now... he would be great as a #2 / #5 right now where he was last year and is this year a little of the time

put him in the mets lineup and the guys a borderline all star, or the twins, or the yankees, redsox, etc.

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 11:39 PM
im not saying hes a god but, with a real #4 hitter behind him he'd be an all star in a year or two

he's out of position batting #3 right now... he would be great as a #2 / #5 right now where he was last year and is this year a little of the time

put him in the mets lineup and the guys a borderline all star, or the twins, or the yankees, redsox, etc.

Yeah so could Huff, Mora, Millar, etc......

Markakis is a decent player, no more and no less. Does he have potetial, yes, does that mean he will fulfill it, no.

mikehop05
06-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah so could Huff, Mora, Millar, etc......

Markakis is a decent player, no more and no less. Does he have potetial, yes, does that mean he will fulfill it, no.

alright well we can both agree he has the potential at least to be a stud

not a hof'er, or mvp but a guy that we can build around..

but he has to live up to that potential

on another note, i think we have a future ace in adam loewen, hopefully he is the same after his injury...

BigDawg819
06-26-2007, 12:00 AM
alright well we can both agree he has the potential at least to be a stud

not a hof'er, or mvp but a guy that we can build around..

but he has to live up to that potential

on another note, i think we have a future ace in adam loewen, hopefully he is the same after his injury...

Now Loewen is a guy you build around! Next year he's going to be lights out, 17 wins at the minimum.

mikehop05
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Now Loewen is a guy you build around! Next year he's going to be lights out, 17 wins at the minimum.

if our offense can provide anything for him... and our bullpen doesnt blow his wins for him

BigDawg819
06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
if our offense can provide anything for him... and our bullpen doesnt blow his wins for him

Amen to that.

mikehop05
06-27-2007, 10:58 AM
im glad you changed back from that chris benoit sig...

fischbowl
06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
yes.

except ray, markakis, gutherie, burress, and maybe roberts

trade the lot of em for what we can get and lets play out this season with rookies who will play their asses off

(which is how florida did so well with a 14m payroll)

im not sold on Burres. He's a journeyman till now.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
im glad you changed back from that chris benoit sig...

Hey I respect what the man did in the ring, but after finding out some of the details it didn't seem right to have it anymore.

mikehop05
06-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey I respect what the man did in the ring, but after finding out some of the details it didn't seem right to have it anymore.

yeah i mean i was all for it at first, but the article on espn.com really changed my perspective

fischbowl
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM

he may be a douche but he still was clutch tonight.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:04 PM
7 innings of 2 hit shutout ball with 8 K's does not make a douche, it makes a bulldog type ace of the staff. That's right Ace! One half of the Lefty Canadian Contingent Baby! :D

fischbowl
06-27-2007, 11:33 PM
With the Make-A-Wish-Sportscenter features, I was wondering what anyones Orioles wish would be if you were a sick kid.

Mine would have been a full day just me and Sidney Ponson, going to strip clubs and eating some chicken, but now its probably just to be GM for a day.

Oh the changes I'll make.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:37 PM
With the Make-A-Wish-Sportscenter features, I was wondering what anyones Orioles wish would be if you were a sick kid.

Mine would have been a full day just me and Sidney Ponson, going to strip clubs and eating some chicken, but now its probably just to be GM for a day.

Oh the changes I'll make.

A night out with Sir Sidney and Scott Erickson would have been high on my list as well. :D

Changes:

Mora - I want to say gone but his defense is too good right now.

Tejada - GONE

Patterson - Learn to bunt or GONE, seriously buy him a copy of Major League and tell him he's a real live Willie Mays Hayes!

Gibbons - GONE

Payton - GONE

Baez - GONE after I beat the hell out of him!

Chris Ray - give him a copy of Major League as well and tell him he's Rick Vaughn at the end of the movie, give him a badass haircut, and some sick entrance music!

That's all I got for now.

jkpigskin
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
chris ray stinks... or hes injured

BigDawg819
06-30-2007, 12:23 PM
chris ray stinks... or hes injured

He has been overworked all season and misused. He's lost that closer mentality, they need to let him get back into it by only bringing him into save situations. He's a closer dammit, not a bullpen guy!

mikehop05
06-30-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah ever since that a-rod grand slam he hasnt been the same

he just need to keep working on his splitter to make his fastball more effective

EdReedUnstoppable
06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
I think hitters have just solved Chris Ray, he is Jorge Julio or Armando Benitez, when your best pitch is a fastball your not gonna dominate for long.

mikehop05
06-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I think hitters have just solved Chris Ray, he is Jorge Julio or Armando Benitez, when your best pitch is a fastball your not gonna dominate for long.

true but he is extremely young and has time to learn.. here's to hoping he does

fischbowl
07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
and B-rob is our All Star.

no surprise!

mikehop05
07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
and B-rob is our All Star.

no surprise!

if we had run support guthrie coulda been one as well

though if he keeps this pace up he will be a.l. rookie of the year

mikehop05
07-02-2007, 10:22 PM
THAT IS HOW YOU CLOSE OUT A GAME

ray mixed up his pitches, threw the heater, amazing... his potential is unmatched, tell me you dont see some johnathon papelbon right there

fischbowl
07-02-2007, 11:46 PM

ray mixed up his pitches, threw the heater, amazing... his potential is unmatched, tell me you dont see some johnathon papelbon right there

yes i do see the papelbon is the recent old.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I see alot of Armando Benitez in Chris Ray. Every time he goes out to the mound you have to worry, sometimes he'll look unhittable, but in the long run he'll hurt us more than he helps.

BigDawg819
07-03-2007, 12:01 AM

Way to chime in when we win! :rolleyes:

BigDawg819
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I see alot of Armando Benitez in Chris Ray. Every time he goes out to the mound you have to worry, sometimes he'll look unhittable, but in the long run he'll hurt us more than he helps.

BAH! Chris Ray is the closer bottomline and he'll get it together and be the closer for the next decade! Thats right I said it........

fischbowl
07-03-2007, 01:03 AM
BAH! Chris Ray is the closer bottomline and he'll get it together and be the closer for the next decade! Thats right I said it........

eh a decade is pushing it.

BigDawg819
07-03-2007, 01:05 AM
eh a decade is pushing it.

I have faith man! Besides pitching is what we have to build on. I mean Bedard, Loewen, Cabrera, Guthrie, Garrett Olson should be up at some point this year, Radhammes Laz in Bowie, and Brandon Erbe in Frederick, thats killer pitching down the line. And come time for the ninth, its Chris Ray time BABY!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-03-2007, 08:21 AM
I have faith man! Besides pitching is what we have to build on. I mean Bedard, Loewen, Cabrera, Guthrie, Garrett Olson should be up at some point this year, Radhammes Laz in Bowie, and Brandon Erbe in Frederick, thats killer pitching down the line. And come time for the ninth, its Chris Ray time BABY!

Bedard is leaving when his contract is up so it'll be hard to build around him.

mikehop05
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Way to chime in when we win! :rolleyes:

hahah well im trying to keep it positive, and i can only be positive when we win so...

mikehop05
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM

worrying for now... yes

but hes a lot different than benitez, his other pitches are starting to become effective... they dont just set up his fast ball now

though his command is benitez like

BigDawg819
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
hahah well im trying to keep it positive, and i can only be positive when we win so...

How I loathe fair weather fans. Really it should be a capital crime!

mikehop05
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
How I loathe fair weather fans. Really it should be a capital crime!

hahah dont even go there, ive been a fan throughout our past 10 losing seasons and ill be a fan if we have 10 more

jkpigskin
07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
wow
we finally won a game we were losing!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-04-2007, 03:02 AM
wow
we finally won a game we were losing!

1-38 now!!!

BigDawg819
07-04-2007, 12:47 PM
1-38 now!!!

That's cause for a celebration bitches!

mikehop05
07-04-2007, 01:05 PM
olsen starting tonight!

Ravens1991
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
happy b-day Peter Angelos :)

fischbowl
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
happy b-day Peter Angelos :)

I sent him explosives for his birthday.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow, I don't know how to act with all this winning we're doing.

BigDawg819
07-05-2007, 02:45 PM

Shock and awe would do you just fine. :D

jkpigskin
07-05-2007, 08:11 PM

dont get used to it

jkpigskin
07-07-2007, 10:10 PM
our boy erik bedard with 15k's in a 2 hitter

BigDawg819
07-07-2007, 10:12 PM
our boy erik bedard with 15k's in a 2 hitter

Our boy? You mean my boy!

9.0 IP 2 H 0 R 15 K 1st career Complete Game 1st career Shutout!

I never want to hear the bs rumors of trading him AGAIN!

Ravens1991
07-07-2007, 10:21 PM
well I think those suggestions only came up because we figured if he isnt coming back we could get something for him.

BigDawg819
07-07-2007, 10:31 PM
well I think those suggestions only came up because we figured if he isnt coming back we could get something for him.

I called them BLASPHEMY then and I call them BLASPHEMY now! The Lefty Canadian Contingent is the backbone of our future!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I hate Erik Bedard, because he hates us and our city.......HE IS A DOUCHE BAG!!

BigDawg819
07-08-2007, 01:11 AM
I hate Erik Bedard, because he hates us and our city.......HE IS A DOUCHE BAG!!

SILENCE!!!!!!!!!

He is the ace of the staff!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-08-2007, 01:26 AM
SILENCE!!!!!!!!!

He is the ace of the staff!

HE IS A DOUCHE BAG!!!

BigDawg819
07-08-2007, 01:31 AM
HE IS A DOUCHE BAG!!!

HE IS THE ACE OF THE STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-08-2007, 02:29 AM
HE IS THE ACE OF THE STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that nozzle on a douche? Thats what Bedard is

BigDawg819
07-08-2007, 02:32 AM
You know that nozzle on a douche? Thats what Bedard is

If you weren't my boy, I'd so kick your ass right now..........

EdReedUnstoppable
07-08-2007, 03:02 AM
If you weren't my boy, I'd so kick your ass right now..........

I just can't support someone who hates Baltimore.

BigDawg819
07-08-2007, 03:03 AM
I just can't support someone who hates Baltimore.

I want to argue this point, but I can't.............

EdReedUnstoppable
07-08-2007, 03:06 AM
I want to argue this point, but I can't.............

Well you could question why I have an undying allegiance and love for Terrell Owens, but then I'd comeback with TO don't hate Baltimore he hates Kyle Boller.

BigDawg819
07-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Well you could question why I have an undying allegiance and love for Terrell Owens, but then I'd comeback with TO don't hate Baltimore he hates Kyle Boller.

And to that I would ask why you have an undying allegiance to Terrell Owens?

EdReedUnstoppable
07-08-2007, 03:09 AM
And to that I would ask why you have an undying allegiance to Terrell Owens?

Because I love the guy, he doesn't care what anyone thinks he doesn't do what you expect him to do, but when he steps on the field he dominates. I wish I had his confidence, I'd be much better off in life if I did.

BigDawg819
07-08-2007, 03:10 AM
Because I love the guy, he doesn't care what anyone thinks he doesn't do what you expect him to do, but when he steps on the field he dominates. I wish I had his confidence, I'd be much better off in life if I did.

Amen to that brother, amen!

BigDawg819
07-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Another gem tonight by my boy Erik "The ACE" Bedard! Now its Ray Time BABY! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Another gem tonight by my boy Erik "The ACE" Bedard! Now its Ray Time BABY! :D

So time to blow a game in the 9th you mean?

BigDawg819
07-13-2007, 08:13 PM
So time to blow a game in the 9th you mean?

Why must you try and get me started?

EdReedUnstoppable
07-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Why must you try and get me started?

I only speak the truth my friend.

BigDawg819
07-13-2007, 08:17 PM
I only speak the truth my friend.

The Truth? No no no, its your warped interpretation.........

Besides, its 2 out in the 9th and Ray's got an 0-2 count!

BigDawg819
07-13-2007, 08:18 PM
BALL GAME BABY! :D :D

BEDARD WITH THE W :D

RAY WITH THE SAVE :D

BigDawg819
07-14-2007, 03:31 PM
All of that action took place in front of one of the noisiest Camden Yards crowds of the season. The fans were on their feet at multiple points in Bedard's stint and stood again with two outs in the ninth, giving Ray an extra jolt of energy.

"They were great," Ray said. "That's one of the things you look forward to as a closer, going out there in a close ballgame, having two outs and then having the crowd behind you like that."

Now that's what I'm talking about baby! :D I know I was standing and cheering in front of my tv last night. Orioles Magic is alive fellas!!!!!!!!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-14-2007, 03:41 PM
All of that action took place in front of one of the noisiest Camden Yards crowds of the season. The fans were on their feet at multiple points in Bedard's stint and stood again with two outs in the ninth, giving Ray an extra jolt of energy.

"They were great," Ray said. "That's one of the things you look forward to as a closer, going out there in a close ballgame, having two outs and then having the crowd behind you like that."

Now that's what I'm talking about baby! :D I know I was standing and cheering in front of my tv last night. Orioles Magic is alive fellas!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so jolted with Oriole magic I didn't even watch the game!!!!!!!!

Is training camp here yet? Are the Caps on the ice yet?

BigDawg819
07-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I was so jolted with Oriole magic I didn't even watch the game!!!!!!!!

Is training camp here yet? Are the Caps on the ice yet?

You are the yin to my yang brother.............

BigDawg819
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I told you fellas the Orioles Magic is back BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come from behind to tie it in the 9th and then win it in the 10th! :D :D :D :D

BigDawg819
07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
3 in a row?!!?!!!?!! THE MAGIC IS SPREADING.................... :D :D

mikehop05
07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
unbelievable

EdReedUnstoppable
07-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I didn't realize the White Sox sucked so bad, christ we have a better record then they do now.

BigDawg819
07-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I didn't realize the White Sox sucked so bad, christ we have a better record then they do now.

I see your feeling the Oriole Magic as well! :D

mikehop05
07-18-2007, 08:26 PM
aw bedard has a sore neck

what a puss, suck it up

EdReedUnstoppable
07-18-2007, 08:39 PM
aw bedard has a sore neck

what a puss, suck it up

Agreed, what a douche nozzle, my boy Danny Cab is gonna kill tonight GO O'S!!!

BigDawg819
07-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Erik Bedard once again showing why he's the ace of the staff! Angelos pay the man now you clown!

BigDawg819
07-21-2007, 02:56 AM
BTW.............The new O's hat I've been rocking:

http://www.dugout-memories.com/1975orio.jpg

mikehop05
07-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Erik Bedard once again showing why he's the ace of the staff! Angelos pay the man now you clown!

/agreed

showww him the money.

ccB
07-23-2007, 12:01 AM
BTW.............The new O's hat I've been rocking:

http://www.dugout-memories.com/1975orio.jpg

I had that hat a few years ago but havent been able to find it in stores again.

BigDawg819
07-23-2007, 12:07 AM
I had that hat a few years ago but havent been able to find it in stores again.

http://www.dugout-memories.com/balori.html

ccB
07-23-2007, 12:11 AM
I wear a hat almost everyday. My hat of choice recently has been my O's fitted with the O on it instead of the bird.

BigDawg819
07-23-2007, 12:20 AM
I wear a hat almost everyday. My hat of choice recently has been my O's fitted with the O on it instead of the bird.

I'm not a big fan of the newer hats, so when I saw that 1983 Collection hat I fell in love with it. Actually most of the fans in Oakland that were O's fans were sporting it. I gave you that link for the hat because the store I got it from in Marley Station is crap because it took them over 3 months to finally get my size in.

mikehop05
07-23-2007, 10:29 AM

i usually wear a hat that matches what im wearing...

hahah

BigDawg819
07-23-2007, 04:04 PM
i usually wear a hat that matches what im wearing...

hahah

Metrosexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... ........................RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikehop05
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Metrosexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... ........................RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like to look good what can i say

fischbowl
07-23-2007, 10:52 PM

yeah i just got that one.

i have all three hats that are currently used, plus an 1983 franchise, and an old BP cap.

i love em all.

mikehop05
07-24-2007, 10:38 AM
im goin to the cal ripken send off tonight, any of yall goin

BigDawg819
07-24-2007, 12:01 PM
im goin to the cal ripken send off tonight, any of yall goin

I'm going, no doubt I'm missing this!

mikehop05
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
that was a great experience... not to mention a hell of a game

BigDawg819
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Tonight was perfect to begin with and damn near perfect to end with.

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Gents I've send it before and now with the signing of Matt Wieters by none other then Peter Angelos himself I'll say it again:

ORIOLES MAGIC IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

jkpigskin
08-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Gents I've send it before and now with the signing of Matt Wieters by none other then Peter Angelos himself I'll say it again:

ORIOLES MAGIC IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

haha, i love your orioles comments bigdawg, they brighten up my day... now if we cuold acually spend money on some relievers.... o wait... let me rephrase, if we could acually spend money on competent relievers... then ill be happy

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 08:39 AM
haha, i love your orioles comments bigdawg, they brighten up my day... now if we cuold acually spend money on some relievers.... o wait... let me rephrase, if we could acually spend money on competent relievers... then ill be happy

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!

There is no negative speaking about the Orioles today, not on this day! :D

HAPPY MATT WIETERS SIGNING DAY!!!!!!

We can continue to ***** about the GOD DAMN ORIOLES BULLPEN!!!!!! tomorrow, but today we celebrate! :D

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 10:49 AM
In honor and celebration of Matt Wieters signing day, I've posted a new blog:

http://theriversofdeceit.blogspot.com/

ccB
08-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I am thrilled to see we didnt let Weiters get away because of his agent. Maybe Angelos is beginning to understand that good young players cost money.

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I am thrilled to see we didnt let Weiters get away because of his agent. Maybe Angelos is beginning to understand that good young players cost money.

They actually signed both draft picks represented by Boras last night.

Happy Matt Wieters Signing Day! CCB :D

dcarey20
08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW awesome job with Wieters. I thought he was gone. And....

ERIK BEDARD FOR THE CY YOUNG

ccB
08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
What do you think the chances are we keep Erik Bedard long term? I have no clue how many years he has left on his contract but I believe I heard someone saying its up soon. Hes going to be able to get so much money on the open market and Baltimore is not the most attractive place for players to play.

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
What do you think the chances are we keep Erik Bedard long term? I have no clue how many years he has left on his contract but I believe I heard someone saying its up soon. Hes going to be able to get so much money on the open market and Baltimore is not the most attractive place for players to play.

Erik signed a 1 year deal for 3.4 million for this season and is available for arbitration after the season. We should retain his rights until 2009 if I recall correctly. Resigning him long term has to now be the top priority of the organization. He's only been pitching since 1995, he didn't play little league or high school ball so that's even more reason to lock him up. As for our chances, if MacPhail handles the situation and is allowed to deal with him no matter the contract I give us a 70% chance of extending him long term. Yet even more reason for more people get behind my Lefty Canadian Contingent in order to show Erik how much we really do support him.

ccB
08-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Well if we know we have no chance of resigning him, I am sure we could get top of the line prospects for him in a trade. A moderately young left handed ace would command a whole lot on the trade market. I really hope we keep him though he is so sick.

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Well if we know we have no chance of resigning him, I am sure we could get top of the line prospects for him in a trade. A moderately young left handed ace would command a whole lot on the trade market. I really hope we keep him though he is so sick.

We have a chance of signing him, in fact a real chance but some bridge building has to be done. Word is Erik was insulted by the way Flanagan and Duquette treated him during contract talks this past offseason so that will have to be amended. So with neither of them handling contract negotiations presumably, I would say MacPhail and Bedard could start off fresh. My theory, pull him aside now and ask him what he feels he deserves, then trump that offer a bit and get the extension done.

Troj2man
08-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I hope we can keep Bedard around. I've heard that the Blue Jays are very interested in him. I guess with Bedard being from Canada and all. Like you said BigDawg, ask him what he thinks he's worth, and give him a little more than that.

Also with the Oriole signing Weiters, do you think this opens up the chances of signing more players that are represented by Boras? One name that comes to mind is Texiera. Imagine a core group of Markakis, Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen, Rowell, Weiters and Tex.

ccB
08-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I hope we can keep Bedard around. I've heard that the Blue Jays are very interested in him. I guess with Bedard being from Canada and all. Like you said BigDawg, ask him what he thinks he's worth, and give him a little more than that.

Also with the Oriole signing Weiters, do you think this opens up the chances of signing more players that are represented by Boras? One name that comes to mind is Texiera. Imagine a core group of Markakis, Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen, Rowell, Weiters and Tex.

That would be beautiful to get Tex, we need to get some big names here to keep the young studs we have around. The trio of Guthrie, Loewen and Bedard is a sick core of pitchers to build around, if we could just build a decent bullpen and add some big bats to the line up we could atleast be a respectable ball club again.

jkpigskin
08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
yea keeping bedard is a top priority... ive heard he dislikes the organizations but lets hope we give him enough money to blind him =D

mikehop05
08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
hell yea we set a record for something.

30 - 3, even in football terms thats a slaughter

right on the day tembely gets signed through '08

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 10:28 PM
An absolute embarassment to the city of Baltimore, screw the Orioles its Ravens season.

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 10:39 PM
I am embarassed and ashamed to be an Orioles fan after that display in Game 1.....

jkpigskin
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
An absolute embarassment to the city of Baltimore, screw the Orioles its Ravens season.

QFT and i mean QFT

BrownsTown
08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm not trying to be condesending or anything here. I would like to personally say that I'm sorry for you guys. Now no matter what the Orioles do this year, whatever promise they show, a lot of people will just bring up this game which isn't fair because anything can happen and will happen in 1 game. Is Daniel Cabrera bad? Not really, but today he pitched bad. Is Ramon Vazquez good? Hell no, but today he played good. This is more bad luck than bad team. I mean, the Orioles are beating the Rangers right now, so it's not like the Rangers are that much better than the Orioles.

Again, sorry if I sounded condesending.

ccB
08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
It really doesnt matter, its not like we are a contender anyway. I would feel worst if we were contending for a wildcard or something and this happened. We all know our team isnt great so this is just proof of that. We are a young team and we are playing better than we should be with what we have IMO. In the end it doesnt matter if you lose by 1 or you lose by 100 a loss is a loss.

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 10:59 PM
It really doesnt matter, its not like we are a contender anyway. I would feel worst if we were contending for a wildcard or something and this happened. We all know our team isnt great so this is just proof of that. We are a young team and we are playing better than we should be with what we have IMO. In the end it doesnt matter if you lose by 1 or you lose by 100 a loss is a loss.

We are?

Steve Trachsel - 36
Kevin Millar - 36
Melvin Mora - 35
Jay Payton - 35
Jamie Walker - 36
Paul Shuey - 36

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:10 PM
We are?

Steve Trachsel - 36
Kevin Millar - 36
Melvin Mora - 35
Jay Payton - 35
Jamie Walker - 36
Paul Shuey - 36

I am talking about our core, our building blocks (Markakis, Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen, Cabrera [though im starting to give up on him] Chris Ray etc) Veterans like what you have listed are interchangeable. None of those guys are important to our future or success as a team they are basically just temporary pieces, Place holders even.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I am talking about our core, our building blocks (Markakis, Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen, Cabrera [though im starting to give up on him] Chris Ray etc) Veterans like what you have listed are interchangeable. None of those guys are important to our future or success as a team they are basically just temporary pieces, Place holders even.

So you're giving up on Cabrera but still holding hope for Chris Ray?

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM

Well the front office hasn't made a committment to this core and until I see one its all just the same old smoke and mirrors tactics. And the fact that you even mention that piece of **** Cabrera is ridiculous....

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Well the front office hasn't made a committment to this core and until I see one its all just the same old smoke and mirrors tactics. And the fact that you even mention that piece of **** Cabrera is ridiculous....

Frankly, until the Baltimore Orioles are no longer in the evil grasp of Peter Angelos we are doomed as a franchise.

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Also I find it hilarious when I mention Cabrera its ridiculous but when ERU has been bigging him up all season you have said nothing. Nut Riding much?

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Also I find it hilarious when I mention Cabrera its ridiculous but when ERU has been bigging him up all season you have said nothing. Nut Riding much?

If you had bothered to check the time stamps you would see that he posted that while I was responding to your comment so I didn't see his comment on douchebag Cabrera. Trust me and ERU go at each other all the time over that piece of trash and the fact is that until he actually develops a 3rd pitch and WILL USE IT IN A GAME he will continue to be a piece of ****!

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:27 PM
If you had bothered to check the time stamps you would see that he posted that while I was responding to your comment so I didn't see his comment on douchebag Cabrera. Trust me and ERU go at each other all the time over that piece of trash and the fact is that until he actually develops a 3rd pitch and WILL USE IT IN A GAME he will continue to be a piece of ****!

I am not talking about his most recent post, I am talking about his posts from the season as a whole. I didnt say Cabrera is good but hes still has potential and like I said im tired of waiting for him to reach that potential that everyone raves about. I do think if anyone can get him to be a decent pitcher it is a Mazzone.

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I am not talking about his most recent post, I am talking about his posts from the season as a whole. I didnt say Cabrera is good but hes still has potential and like I said im tired of waiting for him to reach that potential that everyone raves about. I do think if anyone can get him to be a decent pitcher it is a Mazzone.

The old man has been here 2 years and that piece of garbage still relies on the fastball in every situation. He's done and needs to go!

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:36 PM
The old man has been here 2 years and that piece of garbage still relies on the fastball in every situation. He's done and needs to go!

It wouldnt ruin my day to see him go, but Orioles baseball is going to continue to be a let down until Angelos either sells the team or kicks the bucket.

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:37 PM
It wouldnt ruin my day to see him go, but Orioles baseball is going to continue to be a let down until Angelos either sells the team or kicks the bucket.

Well then there's no hope for a long time then.

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Dear Peter Scumbag tightwad Angelos.

Please sell the team to Cal Ripken Jr and company and do not ever get anywhere near a Baltimore sports team again.

Sincerely,

CCB

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Dear Peter Scumbag tightwad Angelos.

Please sell the team to Cal Ripken Jr and company and do not ever get anywhere near a Baltimore sports team again.

Sincerely,

CCB and BigDawg

Everyone Join In!

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:55 PM
How amazing would it be too see Ripken in control. Maryland born and raised and I am sure hed put the team succeeding in front of strictly making money from it.

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:59 PM
How amazing would it be too see Ripken in control. Maryland born and raised and I am sure hed put the team succeeding in front of strictly making money from it.

Well he's not stupid so he's got to make a profit but I would definitely feel a better team would be on the field and better people would be in the organization from top to bottom. And it would be surreal for the O's to actually be accessible again to the fans and maybe actually have it feel like Baltimore's team again and not just a marketing prop. And for the love of God can we have a rocking stadium again as opposed to this awful yuppie environment that Camden Yards is.

ccB
08-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Well he's not stupid so he's got to make a profit but I would definitely feel a better team would be on the field and better people would be in the organization from top to bottom. And it would be surreal for the O's to actually be accessible again to the fans and maybe actually have it feel like Baltimore's team again and not just a marketing prop. And for the love of God can we have a rocking stadium again as opposed to this awful yuppie environment that Camden Yards is.

Doesnt it just make you sick when your at either a O's vs BoSox game or O's vs Yanks game and there are more fans for the opposing team there? It makes me feel bad to be from Baltimore.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Doesnt it just make you sick when your at either a O's vs BoSox game or O's vs Yanks game and there are more fans for the opposing team there? It makes me feel bad to be from Baltimore.

It turns my stomach but after 9 seasons of losing its expected. But hey before the year is out I'm going to an O's/Yankees game with Rob Long and I'll be in the minority wearing the hometown black and orange. Hopefully Erik "The Silent Assassin" Bedard will be pitching so I can enjoy a great game and Yankee fans misery all at the same time.

ccB
08-23-2007, 12:06 AM
All the oriole talk reminds me, I have tickets for Fridays game. Anyone know whose pitching?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 12:11 AM

Were you trying to take a shot at me with the post before the 1 I quoted?

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 12:12 AM
All the oriole talk reminds me, I have tickets for Fridays game. Anyone know whose pitching?

Looks like Jeremy Guthrie so good luck with that.

ccB
08-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Were you trying to take a shot at me with the post before the 1 I quoted?

I wasnt trying to take a shot at anyone. I was saying you have been Cabreras biggest supporter and when I say that he still has some potential big dawg rips me but youve been touting him all year and I havent seen him say anything too you. I just like to bust your guys balls but that time I was busting big dawgs.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 12:16 AM
I wasnt trying to take a shot at anyone. I was saying you have been Cabreras biggest supporter and when I say that he still has some potential big dawg rips me but youve been touting him all year and I havent seen him say anything too you. I just like to bust your guys balls but that time I was busting big dawgs.

Ah I wasn't sure its too dam late to read and comprehend. BD gives me a hard time bout Cabrera alot but usually happens in IM convos.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 12:53 AM
30-3? This explains it all:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-08/32047223.jpg

SeanTaylorRIP
08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
30-3? This explains it all:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-08/32047223.jpg

Haha I had to check my eyes twice when I saw it.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Haha I had to check my eyes twice when I saw it.

Worst day in O's history...........

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Tomorrow's game is MUST SEE TV, the O's are calling up Radhames Liz from Bowie to start. The kid has been outstanding in Bowie this year, including a no-hitter and a 2 hitter which he gave up those 2 in the 8th inning. He's got an electric fastball, good curveball and a deceiving slider.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Tomorrow's game is MUST SEE TV, the O's are calling up Radhames Liz from Bowie to start. The kid has been outstanding in Bowie this year, including a no-hitter and a 2 hitter which he gave up those 2 in the 8th inning. He's got an electric fastball, good curveball and a deceiving slider.

I look for him to give up 12 runs in 4 innings.

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I look for him to give up 12 runs in 4 innings.

No I said Liz is pitching not Cabrera, I could see why you would say such things about Cabrera. ;)

jkpigskin
08-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Looks like Jeremy Guthrie so good luck with that.

well only thing certain about guthrie pitching is that a fan in the hr seats will get a souvenir... he cant seem to keep it in the park

ccB
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I was at the game tonight, our bullpen was lousy as usual. Atleast there were fireworks after the game :)

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 11:05 PM
I was at the game tonight, our bullpen was lousy as usual. Atleast there were fireworks after the game :)

Please for the love of God tell me you punched Danys Baez in the face?

ccB
08-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Please for the love of God tell me you punched Danys Baez in the face?

I wish, game was going so great than Guthrie slipped a lil and when the bullpen came in they just ****** it up worst.

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 11:10 PM
I wish, game was going so great than Guthrie slipped a lil and when the bullpen came in they just ****** it up worst.

Did you at least throw things at him?

ccB
08-24-2007, 11:11 PM
I believe i yelled that he was a **** sucking ***** ass mamas boy who throws like a limp wristed *** boy.

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe i yelled that he was a **** sucking ***** ass mamas boy who throws like a limp wristed *** boy.

Not as good as throwing things at him but it'll do. I'm so tired of Trembley trotting out him and Walker and Bradford when they're just not effective anymore. We need to take a cue from Atlanta and designate Baez for assignment like they did with Wickman. Everytime I even here Baez's name my blood pressure goes up and I want to kill people. This ******* clown is an embarrassment and what's worse is Trembley's semi-devotion to him. Hoey getting roughed up is understandable since he's rookie and just getting experienced but for Walker and Baez to constantly do it is reprehensible.

ccB
08-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Not as good as throwing things at him but it'll do. I'm so tired of Trembley trotting out him and Walker and Bradford when they're just not effective anymore. We need to take a cue from Atlanta and designate Baez for assignment like they did with Wickman. Everytime I even here Baez's name my blood pressure goes up and I want to kill people. This ******* clown is an embarrassment and what's worse is Trembley's semi-devotion to him. Hoey getting roughed up is understandable since he's rookie and just getting experienced but for Walker and Baez to constantly do it is reprehensible.

Hoey looked ok after he found the strike zone I like his potential.

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Hoey looked ok after he found the strike zone I like his potential.

I really like him as well, kind of reminds of a BJ Ryan but obviously he's a righty.

jkpigskin
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
i am utterly disgusted by the O's

BigDawg819
08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
i am utterly disgusted by the O's

Its actually gotten to the point that I'm fascinated by the complete and total train wreck that is the Orioles. I tune in just to see them hit new depths of futility. Every time you think they've hit rock bottom they come out to prove that they can fall further. I for one am impressed by that........

jkpigskin
08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Its actually gotten to the point that I'm fascinated by the complete and total train wreck that is the Orioles. I tune in just to see them hit new depths of futility. Every time you think they've hit rock bottom they come out to prove that they can fall further. I for one am impressed by that........

so true, it is fascinating.... they keep breaking the floor

BigDawg819
08-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Is it wrong that my beloved Orioles are imploding to new found depths of ineptitude that was never imagined before and yet I'm getting a morbid fascination with it?

BuckNaked
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Is it wrong that my beloved Orioles are imploding to new found depths of ineptitude that was never imagined before and yet I'm getting a morbid fascination with it?

Yes, because you're a sick ****.

BigDawg819
08-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Yes, because you're a sick ****.

I'm strangely comfortable with it.......

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 10:40 PM
I feel bad for Baltimore. Not only do they give up 30 runs to Texas a few weeks ago but now they get no hit by a rookie in his 2nd career start

EdReedUnstoppable
09-02-2007, 06:11 AM
I feel bad for Baltimore. Not only do they give up 30 runs to Texas a few weeks ago but now they get no hit by a rookie in his 2nd career start

WAIT A MINUTE.....

The Orioles are still playing?

ChefMike
09-02-2007, 10:44 AM
WAIT A MINUTE.....

The Orioles are still playing?

Better yet... when did we get a Major League Team again ???????

trkaline
09-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Send them all to the minors...or disband the team and funnel all the funds into the Ravens..or a new Basketball team would be nice...

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Send them all to the minors...or disband the team and funnel all the funds into the Ravens..or a new Basketball team would be nice...

sell the franchise to cal ripken, someone who actually knows baseball, then maybe... just maybe we can hit .500

EdReedUnstoppable
09-03-2007, 10:11 AM

BUMP DAT! Get a new hockey franchise in town, preferably an NHL franchise. Trade the O's franchise to Nashville for the Predators!!

ChefMike
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
BUMP DAT! Get a new hockey franchise in town, preferably an NHL franchise. Trade the O's franchise to Nashville for the Predators!!

Hockey ??????????????? Come on the NHL is a joke. The NBA would never put a Team here... not with Philly and DC so close. We got Football because any top market they put a Team in is a cash cow, since they only play 1 time per week unlike other leagues. The NBA needs to be some place where its not stealing fans because they play so many games.

The O's need to get sold to Ripken and by 2010 he will own them no doubt about that. Angelo's won't sell though til his contract runs out and he needs to start giving more money from MASN to the Nats until then he is just lighting his cigar and wiping his ass with Ben's. Angelo's is just a greedy pig that needs to get out of Baseball. If I was an owner I would want to make money to, but not at the expense of the future of my investment ! He is a poor business man that took advantage of the system with sueing people about asbestos back in the day !

trkaline
09-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Hockey ??????????????? Come on the NHL is a joke. The NBA would never put a Team here... not with Philly and DC so close. We got Football because any top market they put a Team in is a cash cow, since they only play 1 time per week unlike other leagues. The NBA needs to be some place where its not stealing fans because they play so many games.

The O's need to get sold to Ripken and by 2010 he will own them no doubt about that. Angelo's won't sell though til his contract runs out and he needs to start giving more money from MASN to the Nats until then he is just lighting his cigar and wiping his ass with Ben's. Angelo's is just a greedy pig that needs to get out of Baseball. If I was an owner I would want to make money to, but not at the expense of the future of my investment ! He is a poor business man that took advantage of the system with sueing people about asbestos back in the day !

Poor business man yet rich business man I think the ********** actually enjoys the fact that its very possible to make a good team if only to depart with a couple greenbacks.... damn ***. and you don't know which word I used there...

dcarey20
09-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Hockey is cool, the NHL, not so much.

mikehop05
09-23-2007, 12:32 AM
i <3 markakis

mikehop05
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
so i know this is football season, but it is also offseason for the orioles, if there are any loyal supporters out there who still follow the o's during the offseason, give me your thoughts as to wat we should do!

EdReedUnstoppable
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
so i know this is football season, but it is also offseason for the orioles, if there are any loyal supporters out there who still follow the o's during the offseason, give me your thoughts as to wat we should do!

Trade the team to Nashville for the Predators!!!

Fold The Team!!!

Start a petition to switch divisions with the Washington Nationals!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Guess we'll be able to keep my favorite promotional night "Throw Rocks At Jay Gibbons Night" except change the name to Aubrey Huff.

In case you haven't heard Aubrey called Baltimore a horse-**** city, well Aubrey you're a horse-**** baseball player so guess we fit together you ******.

BigDawg819
11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Guess we'll be able to keep my favorite promotional night "Throw Rocks At Jay Gibbons Night" except change the name to Aubrey Huff.

In case you haven't heard Aubrey called Baltimore a horse-**** city, well Aubrey you're a horse-**** baseball player so guess we fit together you ******.

I heard about this and although its not confirmed from what I can tell, F*CK AUBREY!

I'm done with that clown! CUT HIM NOW!