PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Calvin Johnson

ESimsfan87
04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I still think filling holes with impact is the best priority for drafting but is anyone else on here not opposed to just keeping Calvin Johnson and not trading down. Hypothetically, we could still get McCauley or Harris in the second with either Justin Durant or Hughes in the third. CJ is such a gem i was just wondering if anyone else was sipping the CJ koolaid right now...

asmitty45
04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Ya, i think they need to take him if they cant find a suitable trade and then offer him to anyone who wants him and if they can get a blockbuster then pull the trigger if not, then keep him and have he a roy be sick together.

Win - Win.

Addict
04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Ya, i think they need to take him if they cant find a suitable trade and then offer him to anyone who wants him and if they can get a blockbuster then pull the trigger if not, then keep him and have he a roy be sick together.

Win - Win.

If TB won't give us a good deal, we should indeed draft him and Eli Manning their asses for disrespecting us. We'll ask for the world and unless they're willing to give us just that, they're gonna a bunch of CJ-less pirates. HA!

I agree this is definately a win-win for us.

And look! My fellow posters have pimped my green bars! I now have three! How 'bout that?

mgoblue
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
i hope we keep him

asmitty45
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
i hope we keep him

I never would have gathered that from your sig, haha.

mgoblue
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I never would have gathered that from your sig, haha.

yeah it shows my love of Calvin and my hatred of that bust-to-be from south bend.

Notredameleo
04-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Brady Quinn will not be a bust, and I also want CJ if we cant trade down.

detroit4life
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
quinn equals harrington but worse Quinn is already hated by most lions fan and he didnt even have to be a bust for that to happen

Addict
04-26-2007, 03:34 PM
quinn equals harrington but worse Quinn is already hated by most lions fan and he didnt even have to be a bust for that to happen

Wow. That would be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen you post d4l.

detroit4life
04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow. That would be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen you post d4l.

haha its true IMO most football fans im michigan hate Quinn already because he played for ND yea it probably didnt make much sense

homrbush
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking keeping Calvin Johnson. I can see All-Talk Millen (ATM), being scared off by taking yet another WR in the top 10, but when 2 of them were busts, you still haven't filled the position, have you?

CJesus (great name!), Roy, Furrey (Great White Hope) and Shaun McDonald/Marcus Robinson is one of the better WR corps in the league.

I'm still foolish enough to believe in Orlovsky and besides, Chad Henne will be available next year :)

Scotty D
04-26-2007, 06:01 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking keeping Calvin Johnson. I can see All-Talk Millen (ATM), being scared off by taking yet another WR in the top 10, but when 2 of them were busts, you still haven't filled the position, have you?

CJesus (great name!), Roy, Furrey (Great White Hope) and Shaun McDonald/Marcus Robinson is one of the better WR corps in the league.

I'm still foolish enough to believe in Orlovsky and besides, Chad Henne will be available next year :)

Marc Bulger will be our starting QB next year. ;)

detroit4life
04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
NO to both henne and bulger lets get andre woodson

DoWnThEfiElD
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Let's be honest we'll probably be in a position to choose whichever QB we want Woodson Brohm Henne Brennen, pretty much any 08 QB.

robert_in_bigd
04-26-2007, 09:59 PM

chad? lol.

reinar
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Yea, its funny, they said the same thing about Ryan Leaf, not a bust, and projected him to have a better career than Peyton manning.

of course, noone knew they were talking about a career teaching Golf to college kids huh?

WMD
04-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Yea, its funny, they said the same thing about Ryan Leaf, not a bust, and projected him to have a better career than Peyton manning.

of course, noone knew they were talking about a career teaching Golf to college kids huh?

Every Round 1 Prospect in every draft has someone who thinks they're going to be a bust, and also someone who thinks they're going to be great. I think you'll find that JaMarcus Russell is more similar to Ryan Leaf than Brady Quinn is.

Addict
04-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Every Round 1 Prospect in every draft has someone who thinks they're going to be a bust, and also someone who thinks they're going to be great. I think you'll find that JaMarcus Russell is more similar to Ryan Leaf than Brady Quinn is.

That was the big discussion at one point wasn't it? How much the Quinn-Russel debate resembled the Manning-Leaf debate of '98.

Not that I think Russel will turn out like Leaf (although going to the Raiders ain't gonna help him), I do think he's massively overrated (he's good but Elway comparisons? please)

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
dont you guys already have like 10 recievers

Xiomera
04-27-2007, 12:40 PM
dont you guys already have like 10 recievers

Don't you miss the days when you had positive rep . . .

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Don't you miss the days when you had positive rep . . .

LIAR i never had positive rep

Xiomera
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM

Quite unfortunate.

Addict
04-27-2007, 02:02 PM

I'm not surprised.

supermario86
04-29-2007, 08:42 AM
CJ is Charles Rogers without the weed and injuries

supermario86
04-29-2007, 08:44 AM
We got Stanton

Addict
04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
We got Stanton

Don't rub it in.

WMD
04-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Calvin Johnson isn't Charles Rogers without the drugs.. he's Terrell Owens without the attitude problem.

Steve Young said he's got the size of Terrell Owens, with the deep ability of Randy Moss, and the work ethic and attitude of Jerry Rice. And I believe everything Steve Young says.. He's a mormon.