PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the Redskins

toonsterwu
04-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned by someone, but in Lance Zierlein's blog today, it noted

Chicago and Washington - Briggs and 31 to Washington for C. Cooley and 6 is out there.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

If this has been noted, sorry. If this is true ... and Angelo passes on this ... I'd honestly be floored. I could understand passing on the previous deal ... but getting a solid TE and the 6th overall? THat's tough to say no to ... especially since 6 doesn't look like no man's land anymore.

If this has been noted, sorry. First I've heard of it.

boisefan
04-26-2007, 04:56 PM
IF Redskins lose Cooley and the 6th, ..... idk what I would do.

Bears would be getting a GREAT deal.

I hope this isn't true, as a Skins fan.

SFbear
04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned by someone, but in Lance Zierlein's blog today, it noted

Chicago and Washington - Briggs and 31 to Washington for C. Cooley and 6 is out there.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

If this has been noted, sorry. If this is true ... and Angelo passes on this ... I'd honestly be floored. I could understand passing on the previous deal ... but getting a solid TE and the 6th overall? THat's tough to say no to ... especially since 6 doesn't look like no man's land anymore.

If this has been noted, sorry. First I've heard of it.

Also to note that the Redskins recently announced that they have agreed to terms with Lance Briggs so they seem to be getting ready for a draft day trade if things fall into place and Chicago agrees to their terms.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/912

Im curious if this eases concerns and gives incentive to other teams interested in Briggs to engage in a draft day trade since they have a ball park figure of how much they would have to sign him for. Or is it more likely that they would have to agree to terms with Briggs before the draft in similar fashion to the Redskins?

chacha
04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Getting Cooley and the 6th pick would be great for the Bears!!!! I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't draft Okoye from L'Ville at DT. Tommie Harris is coming off a severe injury and Tank is in jail. He would fit in great with their scheme on defense.

sweetness34
04-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Getting Cooley and the 6th pick would be great for the Bears!!!! I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't draft Okoye from L'Ville at DT. Tommie Harris is coming off a severe injury and Tank is in jail. He would fit in great with their scheme on defense.

I'm skeptical on Okoye personally because he's so raw right now. I think we'd go Landry with that #6 pick personally.

Either that or we'd trade down.

Smokey Joe
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
JA would have to be an idiot to turn this down, if it is indeed true. Chris Cooley would be the perfect target for Grossman, and would fill that TE void we have had for the next several seasons. And with the 6th pick, we could possibly trade down, and even if we can't get fair value for 6, I wouldn't mind just getting a mid 1st and an additional second round pick. For instance, lets say Quinn is there at no. 6, and the Jags want to trade up and get him, their 1st and 2nd round picks would be worth 1360. That is 240 points less then the 6th overall pick, but the 6th pick isn't really in demand, and for us, the 6th pick isnt a good spot to be picking. So, I would be in favor of such a trade.

Smokey Joe
04-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm skeptical on Okoye personally because he's so raw right now. I think we'd go Landry with that #6 pick personally.

Either that or we'd trade down.

Landry would only play if there was an injury though (but then again, the odds of that happening are good)... And you don't want someone you are going to be paying a lot of money to and someone with that talent standing on the sidelines. I think trade down would be the ideal situation.

Also, this is the only news I have heard of Briggs & 31 for Cooley & 6.

sweetness34
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Landry would only play if there was an injury though (but then again, the odds of that happening are good)... And you don't want someone you are going to be paying a lot of money to and someone with that talent standing on the sidelines. I think trade down would be the ideal situation.

Also, this is the only news I have heard of Briggs & 31 for Cooley & 6.

Yea that's what I think too. If we stay at #6, I do think Landry, Brown, or possibly Willis would be the pick there but if JA gets this deal done, we're trading down IMO, and I'm all for that.

Smokey Joe
04-26-2007, 06:46 PM
A guy I wouldn't mind would be Jamaal Anderson. I think Wale needs to be upgraded, and Anderson is a good fit for LE, as he is not only a great pass rusher, but also a good run defender. And if Jamaal and Mark Anderson both live up to their potential, could you imagine a DE due like them? Double A would be unstoppable.

Bighead734
04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
If this trade does happen, its hard for me to see the Bears staying put at 6. I think the Bears would look to trade down to a team that wants Quinn or Peterson, such as Miami, Houston, or Buffalo. I think the Bears would then be looking at Levi Brown (if available), Leon Hall, Amobi Okoye, or Pat Willis, maybe even another trade down.

DaBears0530
04-26-2007, 07:50 PM
i could see them trading down to about the 10 - 15 range and take Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe. The cooley pickup would be great because he in my mind is very underated.

sweetness34
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
i could see them trading down to about the 10 - 15 range and take Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe. The cooley pickup would be great because he in my mind is very underated.

If they trade down to that range we'll be looking at a guy like Willis, probably not a WR at that spot, especially not Bowe. Mecham is a reach there for me.

dabears10
04-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I think Willis would be a nice pick and Levi Brown would be excellent value if he falls to the 10-15 range to trade.

DaBears0530
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
i think willis is more of a middle linebacker than a outside linebacker in my mind.

swiftizm
04-27-2007, 05:20 AM
willis can play anywhere, he's got the talent, just like urlacher could play any one of the positions, so could willis.

Wow, this trade would be amazing. I would love it, and i doubt the redskins would do it, but if this happens, i would go to chicago and hug J.A. myself. Cooley would be a great fit for us and the trade would just be perfect. We could then trade down and the best available WR/LB in the first round, Bowe, Meachem,Jarrett or Beason, Willis, Timmons, Pozluzny. I personally say take one of the top WR's, then take Ben Grubbs at 37 and in round 3, or the 2nd/3rd that we got for trading down take a LB, like Rufus Alexander or Justin Durant...maybe even Quincy Black.

And then with our other picks we could get a change of pace RB, another LB, maybe another OL, a DL and a CB. Amazing draft.

awfullyquiet
04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Cooley would be perfect. Two targets of their caliber (in Des Clark and Cooley) would be pretty much a grossman fantasy. Pretty much nixes the idea of another wide reciever in my mind... :-p

What would turner do with 2 good tight ends? Run a two tight end set. Good for running. Good For Passing. Plenty of motion, power I's... It's a sick offensive dream for the chicago bears after that. Cooley is versitile and would make me very, very happy if I was grossman.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I have a hard time believing it, Cooley seems to be the heart and soul of that team. I'm not sure we would know how to utilize him properly either, but I would take it.

And while I would take Landry over Okoye in a hypothetical situation any day of the week, DT is definately a bigger need than S now that it looks like we're keeping Brown and with the addition of Archuleta.

I should note that I very much doubt we trade Briggs, but I'm keeping my eyes and ears peeled like everyone else.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 02:06 PM
JA would have to be an idiot to turn this down, if it is indeed true.

Jerry Angelo is never an idiot, and shame on you for suggesting so, even hypothetically.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok that Cooley deal was crap, never true or proposed. This is the deal:
#6, LeMar Marshall for

#31 and Lance Briggs.
The ball is in the Bears hands they either take it or don't before the draft. To be honest I'd rather add Rocky in instead and Bears add a 2nd rounder. I love Rocky but behind Briggs and Marcus Washington I'm not sure where he fits. Marshall is average to bellow average but I could care less if he's gone. He should improve moving back to OLB because he was the worst MLB in the NFL last year, getting eaten up by blocks.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Just would like to add that if it doesn't happen today it isn't happening at all. Briggs needs to pass a physical and agree to final terms with the skins so if it doesn't happen today it's not happening on draft day.

Smokey Joe
04-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Jerry Angelo is never an idiot, and shame on you for suggesting so, even hypothetically.
Weren't you the one last year with the avatar with a picture of Jerry Angelo and the word "idiot" in caps and bold written on it last year?

awfullyquiet
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
#6, LeMar Marshall for

#31 and Lance Briggs.
The ball is in the Bears hands they either take it or don't before the draft. To be honest I'd rather add Rocky in instead and Bears add a 2nd rounder. I love Rocky but behind Briggs and Marcus Washington I'm not sure where he fits. Marshall is average to bellow average but I could care less if he's gone. He should improve moving back to OLB because he was the worst MLB in the NFL last year, getting eaten up by blocks.

do you have a link?

Smokey Joe
04-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Just would like to add that if it doesn't happen today it isn't happening at all. Briggs needs to pass a physical and agree to final terms with the skins so if it doesn't happen today it's not happening on draft day.
I'm pretty sure that they do have a contract agreed upon, and I bet they already gave him a physical, unless that is against the rules.

ChiFan24
04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
#6, LeMar Marshall for

#31 and Lance Briggs.

I didn't know you were Daniel Snyder.

Please don't pretend that you know what the deal is.

ChiFan24
04-27-2007, 06:44 PM

And this doesn't make any sense. Players are traded on draft day all the time, including those that need new contracts. Javon Walker?

sweetness34
04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
I didn't know you were Daniel Snyder.

Please don't pretend that you know what the deal is.

Um actually that's the deal. Now don't you feel stupid. John Clayton reported it.

Hurricane Ditka
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Um actually that's the deal. Now don't you feel stupid. John Clayton reported it.
Wait what? Nothings happened yet?

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Weren't you the one last year with the avatar with a picture of Jerry Angelo and the word "idiot" in caps and bold written on it last year?
**** no. I love Angelo. If he was ever fired I wouldn't buy anything Bears-related for years. You're probably thinking of Dafan.

swiftizm
04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
John Clayton reported on ESPN today that the talks were heating back up between the Bears and Redskins, he said there was a 50/50 chance of a deal getting done, but it would have to be done tonight, because the redskins would need to give Briggs a physical....

he then (right before teh bulls game) came back on and said that time had ran out and the deal is dead.

I dont understand either, because players are traded all the time, why would he need to pass a physical???
But, i think the reason is because Briggs doesnt have a contract at all right now, he's not signed....he hasnt signed the Franchise tag yet, so, not only would he need a physical but he would actually have to sign 'some kind' of contract before he could be traded.....so...this sucks, but it doesnt look like he will be traded.

I like Briggs, he's a great player, but he's a cancer and i want to get something in retrurn for losing him, so Jerry Angelo, if your listening, Jamar Williams could replace him, or we could add a LB in the draft or even sign Al Wilson or LaVar Arrington, just TRADE him, please?!?!?!?

sweetness34
04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Wait what? Nothings happened yet?

I'm sorry HD, that's the proposed deal. Nothing has happened yet, and I don't expect anything to happen personally. Briggs will be back next season.

JA is going to be a hard ass on this one and I like it. He's not going to be held hostage by Lance or Rosenhoe. He deal him if he wants to, not because he has to.

Smokey Joe
04-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry HD, that's the proposed deal. Nothing has happened yet, and I don't expect anything to happen personally. Briggs will be back next season.

JA is going to be a hard ass on this one and I like it. He's not going to be held hostage by Lance or Rosenhoe. He deal him if he wants to, not because he has to.

Still... you are going to hold out on such good value just to prove a point? Thats ridiculous.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
It's only a good value on paper, who are we going to get at 6, and give that much money to, that is any better than Briggs & say Dwayne Jarret, Bowe, or Grubbs?

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Briggs is not a cancer by the way, that's absurd. He's not TO. His teamates love him. He's just posturing to get traded or get a new contract. It will work itself out. Some of you overeact way too damn much.

Smokey Joe
04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Well... I guarantee you all that Briggs plays the whole season with the Bears next season, regardless of his contract (unless of injury). Lovie has the mojo, he could make anyone happy to be a Bear.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Well... I guarantee you all that Briggs plays the whole season with the Bears next season, regardless of his contract (unless of injury). Lovie has the mojo, he could make anyone happy to be a Bear.
That's a pretty dumb guarantee to be honest. Briggs is going to play 10 games that he doesn't have to in order to get his 7.2 million because Lovie is a nice guy? I don't think so.

I still think he'll either sign a one year deal with the stipulation that they won't tag him, similar to Clements, or he'll wait untill week 10 and then show up, hopefully in shape. We don't need Briggs to make the playoffs, we just need him in it and ready to go.

Smokey Joe
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
That's a pretty dumb guarantee to be honest. Briggs is going to play 10 games that he doesn't have to in order to get his 7.2 million because Lovie is a nice guy? I don't think so.

I still think he'll either sign a one year deal with the stipulation that they won't tag him, similar to Clements, or he'll wait untill week 10 and then show up, hopefully in shape. We don't need Briggs to make the playoffs, we just need him in it and ready to go.

You complain about me making a dumb a joke about Lovie, but you make all those stupid Jerry Angelo is god comments... shame.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh I'm not joking, Jerry Angelo really is the messiah.

Smokey Joe
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Well... your "messiah" has made his fair share of mistakes.

TitleTown088
04-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Oh I'm not joking, Jerry Angelo really is the messiah.

Blasphemy you heretic. Never speak agianst Lord Favre.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I am Daniel Snyder and deal isn't going down, you heard it first.

sweetness34
04-28-2007, 08:23 AM
I am Daniel Snyder and deal isn't going down, you heard it first.

Too bad your owner isn't as rational as you are GS.

boisefan
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM
This is just a bad trade for the Skins, why get a player we don't even need.

Would be great for the Bears though.