PDA

View Full Version : U know....

LookItsAlDavis
04-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I really think John Beck will fit in Mike Martz's system in Detroit....what are all you hearing about the chances of you drafting him?

asmitty45
04-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I dont want him at all, matter of fact i dont want a QB at all!

I would say the ONLY way we draft him is if he falls to the 3rd and we somehow acquire another 2nd and 3rd

Scotty D
04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Profootball talk says that we are highly intrested in him and if he is at our second rounder we will take him. I think they said something similar about Edwards a few weeks back.

asmitty45
04-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Profootball talk says that we are highly intrested in him and if he is at our second rounder we will take him. I think they said something similar about Edwards a few weeks back.

I will be furious if we take beck, especially at the high second round, if we're gonna take a QB in the second wait till next year for the deeper talent pool.

And by the time beck learns a system he'll be almost 30! I dont like him at all.

Scotty D
04-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I will be furious if we take beck, especially at the high second round, if we're gonna take a QB in the second wait till next year for the deeper talent pool.

And by the time beck learns a system he'll be almost 30! I dont like him at all.

Some scouts has supposviely given him a mid 1st grade. My conclusion is that I will only agree with taking a QB in the second if we have more than one second rounder.

detroit4life
04-26-2007, 07:23 PM
no i would much rather stanton or take woodson next year isn't beck like 27? McCown has a better future than him

reinar
04-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Isnt Beck from BYU, and has a 2 year mission to go on? so we draft him now, and get him after NOT playing football 2 years later?

anyone know how that contract would hit our cap? does he get paid while he isnt here? would the cap be hit even though he isnt at camp/team?

WMD
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I want to spend our first picks on Defense.. I don't want a QB at all unless it's Brady Quinn.

woodnick
04-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Isnt Beck from BYU, and has a 2 year mission to go on? so we draft him now, and get him after NOT playing football 2 years later?

anyone know how that contract would hit our cap? does he get paid while he isnt here? would the cap be hit even though he isnt at camp/team?

He has already been on his mormon mission, I think they take it before their junior year.

reinar
04-27-2007, 04:15 AM
thankes - i thought I had heard nflnetwork say somethign about 2 years, or maybe it was just his age, and i wasnt paying attention.

Addict
04-27-2007, 04:38 AM

he's done that already, that's why he's so old (he's 26?).

Anyways I don't want him. He went to Portugal voluntarily, that tells me he's insane. Nobody chooses to go to Portugal, it's not normal.

Besides... Beck's still some time away from starting, so I'd rather we spend a draft pick on QB early next year, so that at least we can sit someone for a year or two without him pushing thirty by the time he'll be a good starter.