PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson hurt! (yes!)

Achilles33
04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Right on the front page, Scott has it in his "News Flash" section.

Could he fall more? Gives us a better chance to trade up for him.

robert_in_bigd
04-26-2007, 06:03 PM
OK, you want to draft an injury prone Tail Back?

thule
04-26-2007, 06:07 PM
I read this yesterday on the Browns board...I agree this is good news....and broken bones don't make you injury prone...he is having freak injuries like JJ got. I mean it's not like he tore his ACL and is tweaking his knee...he is breaking bones which has nothing to do with how adapt you are to get injured...unless you have like a weak bone mass...which wouldn't make sense with the build of AD.

jdnoyes
04-26-2007, 06:10 PM
I still think the injury thing is no big deal, its just certain teams putting out info in the hopes that he falls a bit. There is no doubt in my mind he'll be ready for the season. The question is will he fall to 9 or 10 so that we actually have a shot at getting him.

thule
04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I still think the injury thing is no big deal, its just certain teams putting out info in the hopes that he falls a bit. There is no doubt in my mind he'll be ready for the season. The question is will he fall to 9 or 10 so that we actually have a shot at getting him.

It all comes down to ATL...heres to hoping they want to steal Bush later in the draft.

robert_in_bigd
04-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Well a bone density exam would answer than question. But a person "prone" to breaking bones is not going to make it in the Pros -- the comeptition is bigger and faster....... so...........

thule
04-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Well a bone density exam would answer than question. But a person "prone" to breaking bones is not going to make it in the Pros -- the comeptition is bigger and faster....... so...........

AD couldn't carry his weight and put up those numbers consistantly being "prone" to breaking bones. They also said that he was cleared fine medically at the combine...so you can erase that thought.

Paul
04-26-2007, 06:22 PM
That maybe the most morbid Thread title ever.

Achilles33
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes it definitly is good news, gives us a slighty better shot. I just want that great, franchise RB. JJ and Marion are fine, but they aren't great. I want another great one. I have been waiting since Emmitt left.

Oh and 1 more thing, why are pro athletes injuries always worse than normal people. Like AD, I broke my collerbone, and I could have played again in 3 weeks if our season wasn't over. My friend broke his collarbone square in half, and it looked like he have a knife coming out of his shoulder, and he was fine in a month and a half. Why is AD taking like 4 months? And why is Ted Ginn taking like 5 over an ankle sprain? And Micheal Bush like a year for a broken leg? My nextdoor neighboor broke his foot and he was fine in a month. I know there is different levels of braking bones, but a year? come on now. I don't get it.

jdnoyes
04-26-2007, 06:28 PM
It all comes down to ATL...heres to hoping they want to steal Bush later in the draft.

Question for you Thule, you seem to be for a trade up for AD, but I know you are sour on Lynch even at 22. I'm curious to hear your reasons why, i'm sure you have stated why in another thread but I didn't see.

robert_in_bigd
04-26-2007, 06:28 PM
AD couldn't carry his weight and put up those numbers consistantly being "prone" to breaking bones. They also said that he was cleared fine medically at the combine...so you can erase that thought.

Well if he was cleared medically then they missed a broken bone apparently.

Just saying physicals do miss things. Not a Doctor but I do work with them.

Like I said -- if I where a team I would require him to take a bone density exam and make him do blood work to check for cancer markers.

If all clear I would agree with the assessment that AD is the bomb.

robert_in_bigd
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes it definitly is good news, gives us a slighty better shot. I just want that great, franchise RB. JJ and Marion are fine, but they aren't great. I want another great one. I have been waiting since Emmitt left.

Oh and 1 more thing, why are pro athletes injuries always worse than normal people. Like AD, I broke my collerbone, and I could have played again in 3 weeks if our season wasn't over. My friend broke his collarbone square in half, and it looked like he have a knife coming out of his shoulder, and he was fine in a month and a half. Why is AD taking like 4 months? And why is Ted Ginn taking like 5 over an ankle sprain? And Micheal Bush like a year for a broken leg? My nextdoor neighboor broke his foot and he was fine in a month. I know there is different levels of braking bones, but a year? come on now. I don't get it.

My point exactly. Smoke and fire go together and you need to be careful.

There is lots of FUD in the draft so you can't take these things at face value and must do you research.

Both Peterson and Branch have been torn a hole based on Medical Exams which may be right -- may not be rigth -- but when you are injured repeatedly it says something.

fryman
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Well if he was cleared medically then they missed a broken bone apparently.

Just saying physicals do miss things. Not a Doctor but I do work with them.

Like I said -- if I where a team I would require him to take a bone density exam and make him do blood work to check for cancer markers.

If all clear I would agree with the assessment that AD is the bomb.

Teams have known about it since the combine. It was just the public that just found out about it.

D-Unit
04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Charles Rogers made the collar bone injury infamous.

Here's hoping for Branch or Lynch.

reigle9
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't care where he goes, just so it's 10 or over. I put money on it when I heard about the injury.

12-1 he goes 10th
10-1 he goes past 10th

Let's go injury.

thule
04-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Question for you Thule, you seem to be for a trade up for AD, but I know you are sour on Lynch even at 22. I'm curious to hear your reasons why, i'm sure you have stated why in another thread but I didn't see.

My biggest knock on Lynch is his apparent lack of knowledge. One thing that really got me is when he did an interview on nfl network...Mayock asked him a very common draft question. Why would I draft you?...Lynch sounded like a 3rd grader...didn't say one thing right. I want my RB to be knowledgable. That interview alone scared the crap out of me.

Talent wise...AD is on a different level...but Lynch is better than JJ too. AD is just a head and shoulders prospect in this draft...and IMO should be a lock at a top 5 pick. But since RB is so strong through the top 10 we really have a chance to land him. It'll be interesting to see on draft day.

From a talent point I think there is a bit of difference between Lynch and AD...but like I said the big reason is the smarts. If Lynch woulda put together a strong answer and sounded even the least bit intelligent I would be in favor of jumping or moving with GB...but after that showing...I'm content to let him fall. I don't even know how happy I would be with drafting him at 22.

jdnoyes
04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
My biggest knock on Lynch is his apparent lack of knowledge. One thing that really got me is when he did an interview on nfl network...Mayock asked him a very common draft question. Why would I draft you?...Lynch sounded like a 3rd grader...didn't say one thing right. I want my RB to be knowledgable. That interview alone scared the crap out of me.

Talent wise...AD is on a different level...but Lynch is better than JJ too. AD is just a head and shoulders prospect in this draft...and IMO should be a lock at a top 5 pick. But since RB is so strong through the top 10 we really have a chance to land him. It'll be interesting to see on draft day.

From a talent point I think there is a bit of difference between Lynch and AD...but like I said the big reason is the smarts. If Lynch woulda put together a strong answer and sounded even the least bit intelligent I would be in favor of jumping or moving with GB...but after that showing...I'm content to let him fall. I don't even know how happy I would be with drafting him at 22.

Yeah, I saw the interview, but personally I think RB is one position where smarts are not a huge issue. Sure he needs to be able to retain a playbook, but once the ball is in his hands running for the good backs becomes almost instinctive, he doesn't need to be smart he just needs to let his natural ability take over. I think this is the primary reason RB transistions so quickly to the NFL, because its really not that complex of a position to play, assuming you know the play or alignment Once the play starts its less about thinking and more about using your natural ability gain yards. The one area where he probably will struggle is pass protection though, but i'd imagine MB III will be the third down back anyways, at least early on.

Ever hear Reggie Nelson give an interview? I saw this guy twice and he made Lynch look like Albert Einstein. To me FS especially in light of what Wade has said needs to be an intelligent guy who can QB a defense and Nelson isn't that guy. So I find it odd that so many people would like to see him in a Dallas uniform. I'm sure he's a good fit for some defenses that will allow him to just sit back in a zone and use his natural ball skills to make plays, but a defense that requires him to make calls, set up the secondary, and play some varied and complex coverages I think he'll really struggle.

robert_in_bigd
04-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I saw the interview, but personally I think RB is one position where smarts are not a huge issue. Sure he needs to be able to retain a playbook, but once the ball is in his hands running for the good backs becomes almost instinctive, he doesn't need to be smart he just needs to let his natural ability take over. I think this is the primary reason RB transistions so quickly to the NFL, because its really not that complex of a position to play, assuming you know the play or alignment Once the play starts its less about thinking and more about using your natural ability gain yards. The one area where he probably will struggle is pass protection though, but i'd imagine MB III will be the third down back anyways, at least early on.

Ever hear Reggie Nelson give an interview? I saw this guy twice and he made Lynch look like Albert Einstein. To me FS especially in light of what Wade has said needs to be an intelligent guy who can QB a defense and Nelson isn't that guy. So I find it odd that so many people would like to see him in a Dallas uniform. I'm sure he's a good fit for some defenses that will allow him to just sit back in a zone and use his natural ball skills to make plays, but a defense that requires him to make calls, set up the secondary, and play some varied and complex coverages I think he'll really struggle.

Good points. I believe Lynch will have a longer and more productive career than AP. All I will say on this is Emmitt versus Blair Thomas -- not the biggest or fastest but always on the field and knew how to run.

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Anyone ever hear Frank Gore talk? Dumb as a door knob.

robert_in_bigd
04-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Anyone ever hear Frank Gore talk? Dumb as a door knob.

Exactly. Brains ranks about number 10 in attributes I want in a stud Tailback.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
If that Larry Johnson deal goes down... Lynch to the Chiefs at 16 may be a lock.

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
If that Larry Johnson deal goes down... Lynch to the Chiefs at 16 may be a lock.
I'd rather him go to the AFC if we don't get him.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 01:31 PM

I agree...

We have to the play the Packers this year too...ugh.

Can you imagine if the Pack got, both Johnson and Moss? haha.

dc4life
04-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Rumor has it Broncos and Houston are trading their picks. Broncos offer their 1st and 2nd for the Texan's 1st.

Ward
04-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Exactly. Brains ranks about number 10 in attributes I want in a stud Tailback.

Quote of the thread. We don't need Lynch/Peterson/Bush to take the SAT, we need them to score touchdowns and stay on the field.

Paul
04-27-2007, 04:04 PM

I think some of ya'll are overrating Lynch alittle abit. I mean your talking like this kid is the second coming of Walter Payton. He's is talented for sure, but he isn't LT or LJ. I'm not going to be scared of him.

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I think some of ya'll are overrating Lynch alittle abit. I mean your talking like this kid is the second coming of Walter Payton. He's is talented for sure, but he isn't LT or LJ. I'm not going to be scared of him.
He doesn't need to be Payton or LT for me not to want to face him. Tiki Barber and Brian Westbrook are major pains.... and heck... if he goes to GB and takes off like Ahman Green was, that would just suck having to face all the time.

GB12
04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree...

We have to the play the Packers this year too...ugh.

Can you imagine if the Pack got, both Johnson and Moss? haha.

Give me Moss and Lynch at 16 and I'm happy.

I agree with those that aren't worried about his intelligence. As long as he can play I don't care. He was fine at Cal, and he shouldn't be getting dumber. Sure the NFL playbooks are bigger, but other than that not much concerning intelligence changes. I think he can handle memorizing a couple plays. And of course remember book smart does not equal football smart.

thule
04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Rumor has it Broncos and Houston are trading their picks. Broncos offer their 1st and 2nd for the Texan's 1st.

Thats good news for us...they would move up for Willis...which means we could trade up at 11 instead of 10.

thule
04-27-2007, 06:00 PM
With Houston likely moving down and the Bills Rumored at a 2008 first for Turner...our odds keep getting better.

Achilles33
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
dc4life, you think the broncos are interested in AD? Even if they are, we can just do our first and 2nd, plus JJ, that still beats there offer.

dc4life
04-27-2007, 06:44 PM
dc4life, you think the broncos are interested in AD? Even if they are, we can just do our first and 2nd, plus JJ, that still beats there offer.

No they want Willis for sure. Just dont see why we couldn't easily beat that offer though, if that trade rumor is legit.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
According to Clayton... the Texans would only trade down if both AD and Gaines Adams were off the board.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Mayock has us getting Lynch in his final mock.

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Mayock has us getting Lynch in his final mock.
Holy Hell, that would be AWEEEEESOME!

GB12
04-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Holy Hell, that would be AWEEEEESOME!

I never knew that you are a Lynch lover.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I never knew that you are a Lynch lover.

D-Unit has a bit of a man crush on Lynch but, it's cool, it's cool. :)

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 08:35 PM
D-Unit has a bit of a man crush on Lynch but, it's cool, it's cool. :)
If it's Lynch or Branch, I'll be one happy man! I like Nelson too, but it's not looking like the smartest move. I can live with others too....

...but there are some guys that will just piss me off if we take them.

GB12
04-27-2007, 08:37 PM
If it's Lynch or Branch, I'll be one happy man! I like Nelson too, but it's not looking like the smartest move. I can live with others too....

...but there are some guys that will just piss me off if we take them.

Would Ted Ginn fit into the second category

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Would Ted Ginn fit into the second category
He's heading the list.

GB12
04-27-2007, 08:41 PM
He's heading the list.

I absoluetly hate Nelson, but otherwise I like how you are thinking.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Anyone see this...? Eatman's list of 10 guys that have a chance to make their way to Dallas in the 1st round.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=35B51011-EE90-8B45-3BAD049CBD4FCD75

reigle9
04-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I need a rest from this crap.

Achilles33
04-27-2007, 08:47 PM
I was about to post that link M.O.T.H. It is pretty cool. The more and more I think about, the more I want Meriweather. The kid just looks like a player. He has everything. I don't care if he ran in the 4.5s, he has the coverage skills of a CB, and great instincts. That is all you need to be a perfect FS. Sounds like another former Miami safety I know....

fryman
04-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Anyone see this...? Eatman's list of 10 guys that have a chance to make their way to Dallas in the 1st round.

yeah I was going to post about that. Did you see what he said about Jamaal Anderson? outside linebacker? At 285-290 I doubt he would be playing LB. It would be awesome if he could play LB though. :D

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah I was going to post about that. Did you see what he said about Jamaal Anderson? outside linebacker? At 285-290 I doubt he would be playing LB. It would be awesome if he could play LB though. :D

yeah...the man is all end... he could play as a 3-4 end as well, there is no LB in Jamaal at all. :)

If he was some how available... i wouldnt mind getting him at all.

D-Unit
04-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami - Hmmmm....
Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas - Wowzers!
Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State - Please! If there is a God, NOOOOO!
Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC - Ye yah, baby!
Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas - Berrrrr.... Wrong answer!
Marshawn Lynch, RB, California - Boing!
Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU - Nice.
Aaron Ross, CB, Texas - Cross your fingers...
Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee - Piss off Meacham!
Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - Exciting, yet scary.

thule
04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I could live with every one of those picks...and wouldn't be angry either. Houston would be the one that got me the least excited tho.

Paul
04-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I will breathe a huge sigh of relief if Chiefs or the Titans take Ginn.

jdnoyes
04-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami - Ok good pick if he stays outta trouble
Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas - WOW!!! who sits at DE?
Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State - Smash Laptop into tiny little pieces
Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC - Ugggh ok hope hope he's Key and not MW
Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas - Nooooooooooo
Marshawn Lynch, RB, California - Tears of Joy
Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU - I can live with it
Aaron Ross, CB, Texas - ummm ok another guy back there to give up TD passes.
Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee - Tears of sadness
Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - Happy but worried