PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton reporting...

ESimsfan87
04-27-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't have a link for this because it was said on NFL Live but apparently Arthur Blank of the Falcons doesn't want to trade up for our pick now...

This is getting interesting.

LionSmack
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
That's OK. I'm starting to really like the thought of CJ on the Lions now anyway

Lions-Slappy
04-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I am having this feeling of dread that Oakland is going to pick CJ and Detroit gets locked into the #2 pick and reaches for Gaines Adams... this would be the biggest disapoinment for me, I just dont see Adams worth the #2 pick.

i'm praying that Oakland take JR, it will make the next 3 hours of the draft very interesting and exciting. if they take CJ it will take all the fun out of it.

ESimsfan87
04-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Exactly, one week ago I was okay with Gaines Adams. It's not even the marijuana usage that bugs me, he's such a cop out with the 2nd pick, its not even funny. Millen has to be realistic in the sense that Adams will not be able to get us to the playoffs by himself. Calvin Johnson however, could.

reinar
04-27-2007, 10:57 PM
if we stay at #2 - i say reach for Willis, fill our MLb role for 5-10 years, be very happy, and with the deep DE, get one in the 2nd round, take Stanton in the 3rd round, and use 4th, and 4 5th rounders to grab what else you need

right?

jbombul
04-28-2007, 12:20 AM
if we stay at #2 - i say reach for Willis, fill our MLb role for 5-10 years, be very happy, and with the deep DE, get one in the 2nd round, take Stanton in the 3rd round, and use 4th, and 4 5th rounders to grab what else you need

right?

if we are going to take willis at 2, he'll have to fill our middle linebacker spot alot longer than 5 years

reinar
04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
which is what is being said about him - 10 year MLB, super fast, great player, good character. and IMO, with DE so deep, and us needing a MLB to help out the Cover 2. we could hit the homerun with Willis in the 1st (at the very least at #4 when we trade CJ to TB) and then in the 2nd grab any # of DE's that fit our system, and a CB/S