PDA

View Full Version : Meriweather vs. Griffin

Ahf112
04-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Who would you rather have for the Eagles, Brandon Meriweather or Michael Griffin. Personally, I highly dislike Griffin but many people think he's more talented than Meriweather.

bsaza2358
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I think both would fill a need, but they're not the only 2 prospects the Eagles are considering. There will be opportunities for them to move up and move down to get the player they really want. They haven't said anything about wanting a specific player, so it could be anyone at this point. I would like to see a defensive pick.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
I would pick Griffin, but this belongs in the Safeties thread.

Go_Eagles77
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I would love either.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Either is fine, but if you had to pick one, which would you pick?

cunningham06
04-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I think Merriweather is more talented by a bit, but Griffin fills a need for us, and is a good guy as well as a good player.

jonbrodo17
04-28-2007, 07:04 AM
i personally would rather have meriweather, but both woud be good

Green Kool Aid
04-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Whay has Meriweather beccome the "hot pick"? Griffin played at N equally good school, if not better, won a national championship, and has zero off-field issues.

Plus, he can play SS or FS. Griffin is like a B-Dawk clone. Dawk had the same knocks on his coverage skills coming out of college, but he turned out great.

I have the same feeling about Griffin. The kid is just a football player, whilw I feel like Meriweather will be out one day "makin' it rain" somewhere in Philly.

jonbrodo17
04-28-2007, 07:56 AM
the reason i like meriweather is because he can step in and play a little corner and i heard hes pretty goo din he run

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2007, 08:29 AM
His versatility is one of the positives about him, but he has other negatives that make me want Griffin more.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Whay has Meriweather beccome the "hot pick"? Griffin played at N equally good school, if not better, won a national championship, and has zero off-field issues.

Plus, he can play SS or FS. Griffin is like a B-Dawk clone. Dawk had the same knocks on his coverage skills coming out of college, but he turned out great.

I have the same feeling about Griffin. The kid is just a football player, whilw I feel like Meriweather will be out one day "makin' it rain" somewhere in Philly.

I don't think Meriweather would "make it rain". His issues aren't as bad as many seem to think, but they are a concern. I Agree with everything else you said though.

Eagles02
04-28-2007, 08:46 AM
My mind says Griffin, but my heart says Meriweather.

Green Kool Aid
04-28-2007, 08:49 AM
He was involved in a shoot-out, and stomped on an opposing player's head.

Green Kool Aid
04-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Also, if you want to stop the run, then Griffin is your man. Just look at his tackle numbers.

Besides, this is news that Meriweather is good against the run. Maybe it's true. Maybe he is a short, Bob Sanders-type, but little guys like that are rare. Plus, just take a look at how often Bob Sanders is injured, being a smallish safety who stops the run.

Just thought it was a comparison worth making, especially since the Eagles were beat in the Super Bowl , and against the Saints, with the run. Meriweather probably couuldn't hold up as a SS, which is our bigger need over FS, where we have both Dawk and Considine.

Eagles02
04-28-2007, 09:00 AM
He was involved in a shoot-out, and stomped on an opposing player's head.

From what I read, this "shootout" occured when somebody broke into his house and shot Willie Cooper, then Meriweather pulled out his handgun, which he has a permit to carry, and shot back at the guy.

Green Kool Aid
04-28-2007, 09:05 AM
From what I read, this "shootout" occured when somebody broke into his house and shot Willie Cooper, then Meriweather pulled out his handgun, which he has a permit to carry, and shot back at the guy.

OK...doesn't sound weird at all...and what about his Albert Haynesworth impression?

twacgop
04-28-2007, 09:13 AM
the shootout was because he got shot at first and I think the gun he had was registered, but im not sure about that. as for the on the field stomping, hes not the only player that got involved in that and just because he did it once doesnt mean he would ever do that again. especially because brawls like that dont happen in the nfl. also if anyone has ever seen the tape of him driving around the injury cart pumping up fans he seems like he would be very entertaining. if you cant tell, id prefer meriweather :D as long as they dont pick a WR im ok with it

Eagles02
04-28-2007, 09:17 AM
The only thing I can say about the stomping is it happened in the middle of the brawl, not during a play. If you want to put a really positive spin on it, he was just trying to protect his teammates. LOL.

There's no question that Meriweather has some character issues, but I think he'll be okay once he gets away from "The U."

Green Kool Aid
04-28-2007, 09:19 AM
What about the run-stopping issues. Can he handle it?