PDA

View Full Version : Who's willing to trade a #1 for SD's Michael Turner

SDCanesFan
10-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I see alot of teams who could use a durable back like Michael Turner. for fans of teams needing a RB, would you trade your #1 for him?

draftguru151
10-07-2006, 01:10 PM
No one in the league would, you guys will get a #3 at best.

Staubach12
10-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I could imagine a #3 or maybe a #2 for a team like the Jets.

Windy
10-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I wouldnt trade a 2nd for him.

10-07-2006, 04:16 PM
HELL NAH BEEZY

10-07-2006, 08:27 PM
thats the stupidist question ive heard on this website.

Smooth Criminal
10-07-2006, 08:32 PM
I'd probably do a 4th.

SDCanesFan
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
That's the stupidest answer I've ever heard. You watch chargers football? Better yet...do you know football? :roll:

SDCanesFan
10-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Guy's averaging more yards than LT (7 yards a carry).

America
10-08-2006, 11:42 PM
He's certainly talented. But Edge and SA didn't go for 1st rounders. And Turner is still a #2 back and LT is usually split outside while he's on the field. IMO, he'd wreck shop in a ZBS. He doesn't bounce around and anything, which is part of what makes LT so amazing, but he hits the wholes and runs people over and can get to the second level. He doesn't have good receiving skills, and his blocking isn't that great. He's not a #1 back, but he could be in a 50/50 role.

DChess
10-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I see alot of teams who could use a durable back like Michael Turner. for fans of teams needing a RB, would you trade your #1 for him?

r u on crack, thats almost as worst as the one kid last year who said they should trade dominic rhodes for the #1 pick and get reggie bush then trade peyton manning and get matt leinart

moc182
10-09-2006, 12:47 AM
I'd give a 2nd.

DChess
10-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I'd give a 2nd.

no players like javon walker and t.o get 2nd round picks, third rounder at best. ( i know you might say they both had problems, but draft picks are so covident in teh nfl)

moc182
10-09-2006, 01:08 AM
I'd give a 2nd.

no players like javon walker and t.o get 2nd round picks, third rounder at best. ( i know you might say they both had problems, but draft picks are so covident in teh nfl)

That's not very good logic. Deion Branch went for a first, and he isn't half the player Owens is. If I could get a player of Turner's quality for my team (Giants), which would likely mean a pick in the 50-60 range I'd probably pull the trigger.

10-09-2006, 05:54 AM
I would trade a first rounder for LT and let you keep Turner since he's averaging more ypc.

ricky bobby
10-09-2006, 06:55 AM
I'd trade a fourth, he doesn't have much speed and we already have brandon jacobs.

essential
10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
i couldn't see more than a 4th from any team in the league, more than likely a 5th-6th though.

miamichamp_305
10-09-2006, 07:23 PM
4th, this guy looks good, but he's only averaging 7 YPC because LT is lining up as a receiver :roll:. If any team would trade for him it'd be the Jets or the Colts.

smittyjs
10-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Guy's averaging more yards than LT (7 yards a carry).But yeah teams didn't offer more than a second for the Edge a few years back the same with the Seahawks on shaun alexander. So #3 at best right now IMO.

smittyjs
10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I'd trade a fourth, he doesn't have much speed and we already have brandon jacobs.Much speed :? they don't call him turner the burner for nothing.......

jetvilma51
10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
1st round deffinantly not, 2nd a little bit to much, 3rd probally, i want to see how well leon does but 4th deffinantly

smittyjs
10-09-2006, 08:42 PM
No way in hell i would trade a top 5 pick in the draft for him.

JETS5128
10-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I could imagine a #3 or maybe a #2 for a team like the Jets.

maybe our 2nd 2nd, but definetly a 3rd

dollarbill13
10-09-2006, 10:01 PM
But yeah teams didn't offer more than a second for the Edge a few years back the same with the Seahawks on shaun alexander. So #3 at best right now IMO.

But teams knew that when trading for Alexander or Edge, not only would they have to give up a high draft pick but also sign them to a huge contract. Anyone who gets Turner to start him would end up paying him a very reasonable salary.

10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
That's the stupidest answer I've ever heard. You watch chargers football? Better yet...do you know football? :roll:apparently i know more football than you since everybody is agreeing with me. :roll:

Dam8610
10-09-2006, 10:55 PM
If any team would trade for him it'd be the Jets or the Colts.

Why would the Colts trade for him?

harrison37
10-09-2006, 11:06 PM
How do you call him a durable back? When has he ever proven that?

10-10-2006, 10:26 AM
hes a back up. the only back up anywhere in history i would trade a 1st rounder for is bo jackson.

njx9
10-10-2006, 10:42 AM
what a ridiculous question. i wouldn't give a first day pick for the guy, and figuring in how easy it is to find a quality RB in the draft these days, i'd be floored if ANY nfl gm would give anything better than a 4th.

stop dreaming.

Charger Fanatic
10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Dude, I dont even wanna trade Turner, even if someone offered a 1st. He means too much too our gameplan. And for ricky bobby....you dont know what the heck you are talking about....He is one of the fastest RBs in the league. Just dont talk unless what you are saying is true.

Check these out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJQY18MWi6k

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UL5PYoVC0EY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4CN3W7gWDo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Vyg6eXVFMQ

'cuse-213
10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
if turner does get traded, it will be a second rounder. some of you guys are nuts- 4th rounder, cmon. you should have heard the talk before the season , its defintly a second. first is to much.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-10-2006, 05:45 PM
He's worth a 2nd.

San Diego Chicken
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't trade Turner for a #1. I know that sounds crazy, but my honest feeling is LT probably has this year, and next year before he starts to break down. In order to extend his career, the Chargers need Turner to slowly pick up more and more carries. You're starting to see it now. I'd like to extend Turner, I do not want him traded whatsoever. Over the next two seasons I'd like the Chargers to become a two back offense. LT's explosiveness is not at all what it was, therefore to maximize his effectiveness he will need Turner to handle the tough yards inside.

10-11-2006, 06:08 PM
4th, this guy looks good, but he's only averaging 7 YPC because LT is lining up as a receiver :roll:. If any team would trade for him it'd be the Jets or the Colts.

what?

S4L
10-11-2006, 09:13 PM
After what he did to the Steelers, I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd rounder.

Windy
10-11-2006, 09:46 PM
The Bush trading Deangelo Hall to the Pack for a double stuf

Chio151
10-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I would love him on the Packers, but the Chargers likely won't give him up and Ted Thompson doesn't trade draft picks.

Isn't he a RFA after this year anyway. I'm sure he'll get the 1st round tender.

ccB
10-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd love to have Micheal Turner on the ravens but for a 1st rnd pick would be ridiculous.

DeathbyStat
10-12-2006, 12:00 PM
I would trade a number 2 if I had a very good team that just needed a runningback to become a championship team

LonghornsLegend
10-12-2006, 02:26 PM
seeing as how you can get a talent like maroney deep in the first, or drew in the 2nd, or leon washington late, i dont see the need or urge to spend a high pick, 3rd sounds about right, but 2nd is way too high for a guy that hasnt done most of the work early in the game or starting a game

Geo
10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't trade Turner for a #1. I know that sounds crazy, but my honest feeling is LT probably has this year, and next year before he starts to break down. In order to extend his career, the Chargers need Turner to slowly pick up more and more carries. You're starting to see it now. I'd like to extend Turner, I do not want him traded whatsoever. Over the next two seasons I'd like the Chargers to become a two back offense. LT's explosiveness is not at all what it was, therefore to maximize his effectiveness he will need Turner to handle the tough yards inside.
I highly doubt Turner stays with San Diego. Maybe the Chargers have the cap space to lock hm up, but to do so would require a contract commensurate of what he could land once he hits FA in 2007.

Which is to say, a great deal.

Shane P. Hallam
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Guy's averaging more yards than LT (7 yards a carry).But yeah teams didn't offer more than a second for the Edge a few years back the same with the Seahawks on shaun alexander. So #3 at best right now IMO.

Yeah, but those guys had massive contracts. Turner doesn't.

Basileus777
10-12-2006, 03:20 PM

Yeah, but those guys had massive contracts. Turner doesn't.

If a team gave up a first for Turner, he will have good leverage to get a pretty good contract. He might not get Alexander money, but he would get paid well. Somone used Deion Branch as a comparison for giving up a first for a young somewhat unproven talent, well Branch is getting good money.

16_SFfan_80
10-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Worth a mid-3rd round pick, maybe a late 2nd rounder.

manning18
10-19-2006, 01:15 AM
The best I would give would be a late 2nd rounder. Edgerrin James would have only went for a 2nd a few years back. Sadly Booger McFarland went for that. :lol:

kazkal
10-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Daunte Culpeppar a 2nd
Corey Dillon a 2nd

So you'd be lucky for late 2nd but a 3rd is more realistic.

CC.SD
11-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Daunte Culpeppar a 2nd
Corey Dillon a 2nd

So you'd be lucky for late 2nd but a 3rd is more realistic.

Everybody mentioned has been either old, injured, or had a massive contract that made them untradeable. I bet at the end of the day AJ Smith kicks somebody in the nuts and we land a late second/early 3rd for the burner. Hopefully it will be Ernie Accorsi again.

nobodyinparticular
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM

Durable? How do we know he's durable? He's got potential and he's explosive, but he's never had to carry the load. Couple that with the need for a new contract and his value is probably late 2nd or in the 3rd round at best.

KRS1
11-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't know, if Deion Branch got a #1 then I think Turner could too if a team drafting really low in the 1st feels like he could be the missing piece to put them over the top. I don't know who that would be but a lot like the Seahawks and Branch. I doubt it happens but it very possible in my opinion. The thing is that I really don't see A.J. Smith pulling the trigger on a deal for anything less than a 1st rounder. Turner and LT together has become easily the best tandom in the league and are colectively KILLING people so I really don't think a 2nd would be worth it. I don't think it will happen but if a team like the Giants or even the Falcons (Warrick's getting old) finish really strong and have a high 20's pick I don't think it's out of the question.

eazyb81
11-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't know, if Deion Branch got a #1 then I think Turner could too if a team drafting really low in the 1st feels like he could be the missing piece to put them over the top. I don't know who that would be but a lot like the Seahawks and Branch. I doubt it happens but it very possible in my opinion. The thing is that I really don't see A.J. Smith pulling the trigger on a deal for anything less than a 1st rounder. Turner and LT together has become easily the best tandom in the league and are colectively KILLING people so I really don't think a 2nd would be worth it. I don't think it will happen but if a team like the Giants or even the Falcons (Warrick's getting old) finish really strong and have a high 20's pick I don't think it's out of the question.

Yeah, because Michael Turner and Deion Branch are comparable in terms of production and overall talent.

:lol:

Please stop, this joke has gone on long enough.

rainbeaukid2
11-03-2006, 06:30 PM
i would give a third topps

Hurricane Ditka
11-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Isn't he a free agent after this year anyway?

kazkal
11-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Branch was a superbowl MVP and Tom Bradys best weapon.
Is why he got a late 1st. Turner at best a late 2nd more like a 3rd rnder period.

kazkal
11-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Isn't he a free agent after this year anyway?

RFA they'll probbley put a high tender on him which means a team would have to give up a 1st rnder and a 3rd rnder.

TheBoss
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Jesus NO! A 1st rounder!? I think the only people voting yes are Charger fans. This question is ridiculous. I know they say there no such thing as a stupid question, but this is one is pretty close.

Maybe a team in the AFL might give up a 1st rounder. But I don't even know if they have a draft.

KRS1
11-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah I will buy the argument that Branch was super bowl MVP and everything but I'm also not saying that I would make the trade either. I definitely think it could happen if the right team were interested but I wouldn't do it. Branch is like 5'9" 190lbs and from what I have seen never looked like that elite guy to me. There are probably only 5 or 6 recievers in the league I would actually trade a 1st for and guess what... Branch isn't one of them. Sure he's a player I'd love my team to have but not for a first and not for $6million a year + a 1st rounder. So no I can't imagine trading a 1st for Michael Turner but if a team out there was drafting maybe 27th or higher and their #1 concern was running back I would be willing to bet that they would at least think about it.

11-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Jesus NO! A 1st rounder!? I think the only people voting yes are Charger fans. This question is ridiculous. I know they say there no such thing as a stupid question, but this is one is pretty close.

Maybe a team in the AFL might give up a 1st rounder. But I don't even know if they have a draft.

I don't think there are 7 charger fans on this site.

NIN1984
11-05-2006, 10:07 AM
3rd at best

hotcorner06
11-30-2006, 06:32 PM
I could see late 1st or early 2nd easily. This guy is a powerful runner. I don't know about you guys, but I watch alot of Chargers football. He is better than half of the running backs in the league.

This years draft class of RB's tops out at Peterson and Lynch. I think if Turner was in the draft, he would definitely be the 2nd or 3rd back taken. I could see the Giants and Jets thinkin about it. I mean we screwed Acorsi once, AJ can do it again.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I could see late 1st or early 2nd easily. This guy is a powerful runner. I don't know about you guys, but I watch alot of Chargers football. He is better than half of the running backs in the league.

This years draft class of RB's tops out at Peterson and Lynch. I think if Turner was in the draft, he would definitely be the 2nd or 3rd back taken. I could see the Giants and Jets thinkin about it. I mean we screwed Acorsi once, AJ can do it again.And those 50% of the hbs in the league that hes not better than i wouldnt trade a 1st for.
god this thread is like 3 months old just let it die.

nobodyinparticular
11-30-2006, 07:10 PM

This years draft class of RB's tops out at Peterson and Lynch. I think if Turner was in the draft, he would definitely be the 2nd or 3rd back taken. I could see the Giants and Jets thinkin about it. I mean we screwed Acorsi once, AJ can do it again.

Peterson is better. Lynch is better. Michael Bush is better. Kenny Irons will probably rank higher and even Brian Leonard might be comparable. Leonard will be faster than many think, he's big and he's versatile. Not to mention he's younger.

aNYtitan
11-30-2006, 10:39 PM
You guys would probably get a combo of two 3rd rounders, but 2nd round is pushing it.

hotcorner06
12-01-2006, 12:15 AM

This years draft class of RB's tops out at Peterson and Lynch. I think if Turner was in the draft, he would definitely be the 2nd or 3rd back taken. I could see the Giants and Jets thinkin about it. I mean we screwed Acorsi once, AJ can do it again.And those 50% of the hbs in the league that hes not better than i wouldnt trade a 1st for.
god this thread is like 3 months old just let it die.

Why? It is a legit question. If it was about you guys tradin randy moss for a 2nd day pick, i bet you wouldn't have any problem.

hotcorner06
12-01-2006, 12:18 AM

Peterson is better. Lynch is better. Michael Bush is better. Kenny Irons will probably rank higher and even Brian Leonard might be comparable. Leonard will be faster than many think, he's big and he's versatile. Not to mention he's younger.

Michael Bush isn't even close to Turner right now. I watched him at the beginning of the season. He wasn't doing as well in college as Turner was doing in the NFL. Irons is a different type of back that I don't know how well he will translate to the NFL. Personally, I don't like Irons near as much as everyone else. I love Leonard and if Turner does go, I want Leonard brought in as LT's backup and to groom to replace Neal in a couple years. But Leonard is not as good of a true runningback as Turner is.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-01-2006, 04:36 PM

Michael Bush isn't even close to Turner right now. I watched him at the beginning of the season. He wasn't doing as well in college as Turner was doing in the NFL. Irons is a different type of back that I don't know how well he will translate to the NFL. Personally, I don't like Irons near as much as everyone else. I love Leonard and if Turner does go, I want Leonard brought in as LT's backup and to groom to replace Neal in a couple years. But Leonard is not as good of a true runningback as Turner is.
Wow, you must not watch Michael Bush. He might've ran over ever Kentucky defender there was. Not to mention he will finish with an average of upwards of 5 and a half yards per carry for his career. I don't like him as an NFL product, but to say he isn't close to Turner is ********. Turner is so overrated because he had a couple of nice broken tackles against practice squad defenders in preseason. Gimme a break.

hotcorner06
12-01-2006, 05:17 PM

Wow, you must not watch Michael Bush. He might've ran over ever Kentucky defender there was. Not to mention he will finish with an average of upwards of 5 and a half yards per carry for his career. I don't like him as an NFL product, but to say he isn't close to Turner is dumb. Turner is so overrated because he had a couple of nice broken tackles against practice squad defenders in preseason. Gimme a break.

I don't know what games you watch. But as of right now, if you put Turner in on a team, then switch Bush in there. Would not even be close in terms of production. Turner does to 1st string NFL players what Bush is doing to college guys. Yah I have watched alot of both Bush and Turner, Turner is going to be an above average NFL back. I haven't seen Bush around NFL talent so it is hard to evaluate.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM

Wow, you must not watch Michael Bush. He might've ran over ever Kentucky defender there was. Not to mention he will finish with an average of upwards of 5 and a half yards per carry for his career. I don't like him as an NFL product, but to say he isn't close to Turner is dumb. Turner is so overrated because he had a couple of nice broken tackles against practice squad defenders in preseason. Gimme a break.

I don't know what games you watch. But as of right now, if you put Turner in on a team, then switch Bush in there. Would not even be close in terms of production. Turner does to 1st string NFL players what Bush is doing to college guys. Yah I have watched alot of both Bush and Turner, Turner is going to be an above average NFL back. I haven't seen Bush around NFL talent so it is hard to evaluate.
The problem is, that you can't compare the two because Bush is a college player. How is he supposed to be tearing up NFL defenses when he's a college runningback?

Not to mention that Turner is three years into the NFL, and Bush is three years into college. Players will get better as they progress. Turner hasn't carried an NFL team size load ever in his career, and he hasn't surpassed 60 carries in two complete seasons. I call it the LaMont Jordan syndrome, but you don't just become a workhouse back after sitting on the bench for the majority of three years right out of college.

nyjetsfan15
12-01-2006, 08:02 PM
who the heck would trade a #1 pick for a backup rb

JT Jag
12-02-2006, 05:41 PM

I don't know what games you watch. But as of right now, if you put Turner in on a team, then switch Bush in there. Would not even be close in terms of production. Turner does to 1st string NFL players what Bush is doing to college guys. Yah I have watched alot of both Bush and Turner, Turner is going to be an above average NFL back. I haven't seen Bush around NFL talent so it is hard to evaluate.The problem is, that you can't compare the two because Bush is a college player. How is he supposed to be tearing up NFL defenses when he's a college runningback?

Not to mention that Turner is three years into the NFL, and Bush is three years into college. Players will get better as they progress. Turner hasn't carried an NFL team size load ever in his career, and he hasn't surpassed 60 carries in two complete seasons. I call it the LaMont Jordan syndrome, but you don't just become a workhouse back after sitting on the bench for the majority of three years right out of college.Stat of the day:

Maurice Drew has rushed the ball more times this year then Michael Turner did his entire first two seasons.

hotcorner06
12-03-2006, 01:17 AM

I don't know what games you watch. But as of right now, if you put Turner in on a team, then switch Bush in there. Would not even be close in terms of production. Turner does to 1st string NFL players what Bush is doing to college guys. Yah I have watched alot of both Bush and Turner, Turner is going to be an above average NFL back. I haven't seen Bush around NFL talent so it is hard to evaluate.The problem is, that you can't compare the two because Bush is a college player. How is he supposed to be tearing up NFL defenses when he's a college runningback?

Not to mention that Turner is three years into the NFL, and Bush is three years into college. Players will get better as they progress. Turner hasn't carried an NFL team size load ever in his career, and he hasn't surpassed 60 carries in two complete seasons. I call it the LaMont Jordan syndrome, but you don't just become a workhouse back after sitting on the bench for the majority of three years right out of college.Stat of the day:

Maurice Drew has rushed the ball more times this year then Michael Turner did his entire first two seasons.

I am gonna take a stab in the dark and guess you have never heard of a running back named Larry Johnson. Close to the same style, but Turner has more speed, Johnson has more size. Johnson was a backup, to another backup Priest Holmes. Are you seriously telling me that you would rather have Michael Bush next year than Michael Turner? Your crazy.

JT Jag
12-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Maurice Drew has rushed the ball more times this year then Michael Turner did his entire first two seasons.I am gonna take a stab in the dark and guess you have never heard of a running back named Larry Johnson. Close to the same style, but Turner has more speed, Johnson has more size. Johnson was a backup, to another backup Priest Holmes. Are you seriously telling me that you would rather have Michael Bush next year than Michael Turner? Your crazy.Where did I mention Michael Bush in my post?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-03-2006, 07:02 PM
just let this thread die.

nobodyinparticular
12-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I am gonna take a stab in the dark and guess you have never heard of a running back named Larry Johnson. Close to the same style, but Turner has more speed, Johnson has more size. Johnson was a backup, to another backup Priest Holmes. Are you seriously telling me that you would rather have Michael Bush next year than Michael Turner? Your crazy.

Wow... You seriously just made Michael Turner equal to Larry Johnson... Wow... Just wow...

CC.SD
12-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Turner has better YPC and they both have at least remotely comparable running styles. Speed and power.

portermvp84
12-04-2006, 09:10 AM
I honestly think the highest pick any team would trade for Turner is a 2nd or 3rd.

hotcorner06
12-04-2006, 04:41 PM

Wow... You seriously just made Michael Turner equal to Larry Johnson... Wow... Just wow...

Ya, it isn't a bad comparison at all. I live near KC and am a Charger fan so I have seen plenty of both. Their styles are similar and even LJ did not look as impressive when he was backin up Priest. Turner has capitalized on his carries.