PDA

View Full Version : Smitty's first and only Mock

smittyjs
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Smitty’s first mock of 2007

1. Oakland Raiders:JaMarcus Russell – QB Louisiana State – Junior
Even if Oakland can land another QB before the Draft, I doubt they will pass on a Franchise QB at #1. Russell is one of the best prospects in this year’s draft. He has cannon for an arm, shows leadership ability, and has shown that he can improve with coaching. Also he comes in at nearly 6-6 feet tall. Others options: Calvin Johnson or Trade Down

2. Detroit Lions:Calvin Johnson – WR Georgia Tech – Junior
This was one of the hardest picks in the draft IMO, they have quite a few needs and could go many ways at #2, but I went with CJ here. Yeah I know they took three WR in a row from 2003 – 2005, but CJ is one of the best WR Prospect in quite some time and they still need someone to go along side of Williams. CJ will fits Martz Offense very well and give who ever the QB for the Lions next year somebody to throw to. Thos will open up the running game and free up Williams.
Other options: Gains Adams, Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn or trade down and select BPA or Patrick Willis

3. Cleveland Browns: Adrian Peterson – RB Oklahoma - Junior
Lewis signed a one year deal, and didn’t show much with the Ravens last year. I really don’t think Peterson will last that long in the NFL with his height and he does scare me as a pro, but a prospect he is top 5 in this draft. After running in the 4.3 range and having an overall great combine, I think he moved himself back into the top 3. Browns could use a big time RB and everyone knows that they need to win this year. Other Options: Really just Brady Quinn at this time

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Amobi Okoye – DT Louisville – Senior
They need a Bright star at DT, Okoye is a bright young teenager who will fit the cover 2 Defense very well.
Other Options: Trade up take CJ or take Gaines Adams at #4

5. Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas – OT Wisconsin – Senior
LT is a HUGE need for them, as if anyone didn’t know. So this is a pick that I really don’t see this pick changing only if Thomas is gone already.
Other Options: Gains Adams

6. Washington Redskins: LaRon Landry – S Louisiana State – Senior
With top DT Okoye gone they need to fill a need at the other side of Sean Taylor. Landry will do that and give them one of the top pair of safeties in the NFL.
Other Options: They could trade down here or do the trade with the Bears, or select Gaines Adams or Alan Branch.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Gaines Adams – DE Clemson – Senior
DE is a need after the lack of production from Udeze who is starting to look like a bust. Adams would fit there defense and fill one of there biggest needs and would out the Williams twins at DT. Adams is the best pass rusher in this draft and is my #2 DE behind Anderson. They could take BQ here, but the Vikings front office has faith in TJack and so do I.
Other Options: Brady Quinn or trade Down

8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU): Levi Brown – OT Penn State - Senior
In there new offense that Petrino is going to run with the falcons, he wants to add a big offensive lineman to the mix, this is the man your looking for. Brown is being taken a little high, but the Phins or Texans will grab him most likely if the Falcons don’t.
Other Options: Patrick Willis, Alan Branch, Trade Down

9. Miami Dolphins: Brady Quinn – QB Notre Dame – Senior
After they trade for Trent Green and Culpepper, the phins will still need to draft for the ‘Future” because of green’s age. After Quinn falls this far, the phins will snag him. Quinn is my #2 QB in this year’s class behind Russell. Quinn really improved his junior year, but I still have some major ? Marks on him going into the draft myself. The Dolphins could Trade Down and draft a much needed LT or even start rebuild there defensive line.
Other Options: Alan Branch, Ted Ginn, Robert Meachem trade down.

10. Houston Texans (f/ATL): Joe Stanley – OT Central Michigan
Yeah I know Stanley this early is pretty crazy, but Stanley stock is soaring right now and he fits the Texans zone blocking offense very well. They could trade down 7 or 8 picks and he most likely is there still, but if they can’t find a partner on draft day they will take him at #10.
Other Options: trade down, Marshawn Lynch, Ted Ginn, Alan Branch

11. San Francisco 49'ers: Alan Branch – DT Michigan Junior
The 49ers could go many ways here, but that have yet to find that 3-4 NT for Nolan’s Defense. Branch would fill that need and open lanes for the LB’s. That could also look at adding Carriker to fill a need for a 3-4 DE need and look at Willis to play ILB for them. WR is also a need and they could go Ted Ginn or Meachem here.
Other Options: Patrick Willis, Adam Carriker, Ted Ginn Jr, Robert Meacham, or trade down.

12. Buffalo Bills: Patrick Willis – LB Ole Miss – Senior
This is the perfect pick for the Bills, they can start building there Defense with Imo the most sure prospect in the Draft and add top talent at #12. They could look at RB here also, or even look for another Wr to team up with Evans.
Other Options: trade Up or Down (With Bolts), Dwayne Bowe, Marshawn Lynch.

13. St. Louis Rams: Adam Carriker – DT Nebraska – Senior
This is a chance pick IMO, Carriker would most likely play DT in the Rams 4-3 Defense, but I Questions whether it will work for them with him moving inside. Also they could look at Ted Ginn here for a future WR to take over for Bruce and good returnees, but bringing in Hall takes away the need for returnees and they can wait for a WR. Also Nelson is still on the board he could also be the pick here.
Other Options: Ted Ginn, Reggie Nelson, Trade down.

14. Carolina Panthers: Greg Olsen – TE Miami – Junior
After his great combine he really made a huge leap up the draft board into a top 20 pick and with Davidson taking over the offense for the Panthers expected to see the TE to come into more use for them. They could also you at LB here or look at adding a big #2 WR to replace Johnson soon.
Other Options: Trade up, Reggie Nelson, Dwayne Jarrett, John Beason.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Lawrence Timmons – LB Florida Sate – Junior
Another hard pick with so many options they could go here, but I feel Timmons could be a great pick when they move to the 4-3 Tampa Defense, a playmaker who has a lot of potential and could have been a top pick if he would have stayed for his senior season.
Other Options:Darrelle Revis, Leon Hall, John Beason, Trade up or down.

16. Green Bay Packers: Marshawn Lynch – RB California – Junior
This pick is one that is the same in most draft and I’m agreeing with thecrowd on this one. They need a new threat to open up the passing game more for Farve and who ever take his place after that.
Other Options: Robert Meachem, Trade Down

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Darrelle Revis – CB Pittsburgh – Junior
This is good value here, also the Jags fan help me with this one, Revis is my #1 CB in the draft this year and IMO one of the top defensive players in the draft. He might be moved to Free Safety for the Jag, or they might move Brian Williams there instead.
Other Options: Ted Ginn Jr, Robert Meachem, Reggie Nelson, Trade down

18. Cincinnati Bengalis: Leon Hall – CB Michigan – Senior
Some has Hall as the #1 CB, I have him as the #2 myself, even through he might not be the best CB in this draft, and he is still a steal this late in round one. The Bengals drafted my favorite CB last year Jonathan Joseph out ofSouth Carolina, but with James released and O’Neal showing his age they need another CB. They can also go Safety here also with Nelson, also if one of the top DE or DT would have fallen they might have also been the pick. Also I have heard talk about Ted Ginn, but I really don’t see why, they could also look at LB here, but I feel they will pass.
Other Options: Reggie Nelson, Jon Beason, Trade Up,

19. Tennessee Titans: Ted Ginn Jr – WR Ohio State – Junior
Me myself as a Titans fan would rather see Jarrett or Meachem here, but knowing how the Titans are and with Pacman Jones being a huge question mark, Ginn would give VY a true deep threat and add a top Returnees to the team. They could also go CB here, Trade down or grab a DE if any fell worth this pick.
Other Options: Robert Meachem, Dwayne Jarrett, Chris Houston, Aaron Ross, trade down.

20. New York Giants: Jon Beason – LB Miami Florida – Junior
With both starting OLB released this has become a HUGE need for the Giants, after asking the Giants fan on here who they thought the pick would be it came down to Beason and Nelson, but I feel LB is more of an need and will be the pick.
Other Options:Reggie Nelson, Chris Houston, trade down

21. Denver Broncos: Reggie Nelson – S Florida – Junior
With a hole at safety and Lynch getting up there in age, it is time to start out fresh with Nelson. Nelson didn’t have the top combine as most expected and could and still might go higher than this.
Other Options:WR, trade down or up, best DE on the board

22. Dallas Cowboys: Robert Meachem – WR Tennessee – Junior
This isn’t a huge need but with two aging WR and one named TO this could become a need much faster than some expect. They could go many ways here, they could look at a Safety, NT, DE/OLB, and even a trade down or up.
Other Options: Dwayne Bowe, Michael Griffins, Jarvis Moss, DeMarcus Tyler trade up or Down.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Chris Houston – CB Arkansas – Junior
After is great Junior year and one of the best combine showing he moved up to my #2 CB, but the Chief get lucky and have him fall to #23. He would fill a major need at Cb and could also fill the need for a kick returnees also. They could trade down and grab an offensive linemen here, or go WR.
Other Options: Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Justin Blalock, Trade Down.

24. New England Patriots (f/SEA): Brandon Meriweather – S Miami Florida – Senior
This pick bothers me, he has the talent to go this high and is a versatile player that fits the Pats defense very well and S is a huge need anyway, but his character issue doesn’t make this pick seem right. But come draft day, the Pats will take a chance on Meriweather IMO.
Other Options: Michael Griffins, David Harris, Eric Weddle

25. New York Jets: Aaron Ross – CB Texas – Senior
They could go DE/OLB here and also don’t rule out a WR. But Miller doesn’t look like a starter and Dyson is there best CB, so they could use some help here. Ross is a ballhawk type that could go much higher if wasn’t behind so many talented players the last few seasons.
Other options: Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Jarvis Moss.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Griffins – S Texas – Senior
This is a need for them at Safety, but they could also add a powerback in Brian Leonard or go with an LB. Griffins is good value here and can make an impact early on this team.
Other Options: Brian Leonard, Paul Posluszny

27. New Orleans Saints: Paul Posluszny – LB Penn State – Senior
The Saints would have taken A.J. Hawk last year if Bush didn’t fall, so this year they fill that need at LB. They could also go CB here and DL.
Other Options: Marcus McCauley, Justin Harrell,

28. New England Patriots: David Harris – LB Michigan – Senior
This will add depth at LB and add top talent and add a guy who stock has been on the rise for awhile, I’m still not huge on him, but he seems like a Pats style of pick.
Other Options:Trade Down or Brian Leonard

29. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Kalil – C University of southern cal – Senior
This will help the offense all around and add one of the top offensive linemen to the Ravens front five. Kalil is good value here, and wouldn’t last much longer.
Other Options: Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Jarvis Moss

30. San Diego Chargers: Dwayne Bowe – WR Louisiana State – Senior
This fill a need for a WR for the Bolts, they could go Safety here, but the value on Bowe is to hard to pass up.
Other Options: Dwayne Jarrett

31. Chicago Bears: Dwayne Jarrett – WR Southern Cal – Junior
This gets them to replace aging WR the Moose and fill a need for a big target for Grossman.
Other Options: Best LB here.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Justin Harrell – DT Tennessee – Senior
This fill the need for a DT in the there Tampa style defense. They could also look at LB, and adding another top Safety also.
Other Options:

smittyjs
04-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I doubt i'll be able to post my second round, but i'll try....

JPF
04-27-2007, 03:45 PM
If you do, go a little easier on the bold and font. Makes it kind of hard to read.

smittyjs
04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
If you do, go a little easier on the bold and font. Makes it kind of hard to read.
Thanks and fixed.

Bengals1690
04-27-2007, 04:12 PM
if reggie nelson is there at 18 i seriously doubt we dont take him.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Great Eagles pick, Griffin is just what we need.

hugegmenfan
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
good giants pick

RaiderNation
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
okay raider pick

Go_Eagles77
04-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Good eagles pick :)

ripdw27
04-27-2007, 06:08 PM
beautiful denver pick forget what anyone else says about him goin earlier lol i got your back

DaBears0530
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
good bears pick

smittyjs
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
good giants pickThe Giants fans helped me with this one.

princefielder28
04-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Type is different but it stills reads Lynch to Green Bay