04-27-2007, 05:26 PM
http://nfl.com/draft/features/blog

We're gonna have to trade up boys.....

Caddy
04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Hopefully it is just an elaborate smoke screen

YoJoeBucsFan
04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Let them take him, we need help on defense and offense line wise.

-black
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
said they would take him almost 3 months ago. I have been preparing for life without CJ.

As much as it would sting, Im not willing to give up both 2nd round picks for him. I'd prolly let them pry one of the 2nd round picks out and a player (Rice or Kelly).

I honestly dont know what to do though. I think CJ is a special player, and will have a Moss impact for a long time. But I do not want to neglect our defense.....AGAIN

etk
04-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Hopefully it is just an elaborate smoke screen

It's not, they will be picking him no matter what. Their ultimate goal is to set up a trade-down scenario but it seems like they want him anyway. I think they will select him and Gruden will flex his muscle in our war room and trade up for him. It should be exciting/miserable because if we do make a trade I doubt it will happen right away, but my guess is that we take Adams & then make the trade ala SD/NYG.

supermario86
04-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Now Matt Millen is my favorite GM. This offseason was great and will only get better with CJ!

etk
04-27-2007, 07:12 PM
said they would take him almost 3 months ago. I have been preparing for life without CJ.

As much as it would sting, Im not willing to give up both 2nd round picks for him. I'd prolly let them pry one of the 2nd round picks out and a player (Rice or Kelly).

I honestly dont know what to do though. I think CJ is a special player, and will have a Moss impact for a long time. But I do not want to neglect our defense.....AGAIN

This is pretty much where I stand. We really can't afford to sacrifice all of our early picks on the offense again, and we need at least 1 2nd rounder to nab a quality young DLineman. Giving up Kelly and our first 2nd rounder is the trade I want us to make, because we can still get a guy like Abi or Crowder in the 2nd & McDonald in the 3rd. The position that will be affected by such a trade will be safety, but I'm okay with sticking with Allen & Phillips for another year. Drafting another young safety early on is a luxury IMO, so it's worthwhile to give up the pick for CJ. On the other hand, we absolutely cannot afford to give up both 2nds under any circumstances.

-black
04-27-2007, 07:15 PM
exciting/miserable is the perfect way to describe what will be taking place tomorrow.

smh @ Berman saying the trade before it happens

High Roller
04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't understand the logic behind this pick. Quinn has to be the guy for Detroit if JaMarcus is #1. CJ is an amazing athlete but you can't take him simply for that reason. If he has noone to get him the ball, he is useless. You have Kitna who didn't show much last year and what better time is it to take a Future Franchise QB?

-black
04-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Martz doesnt feel he needs to take a high draft pick at QB to succeed. (Bulger/Warner, and Kitna passed for like 4,000 yards last year right?)

plus there are plenty of reports saying they like Trent Edwards and Drew Stanton in round 2

etk
04-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Martz doesnt feel he needs to take a high draft pick at QB to succeed. (Bulger/Warner, and Kitna passed for like 4,000 yards last year right?)

plus there are plenty of reports saying they like Trent Edwards and Drew Stanton in round 2

I think Martz can get by just fine with McCown & Kitna at QB. I also think they can have a very productive offense with their current set of WRs, and I'm surprised that Martz likes CJ so much seeing as he doesn't fit his WR prototype. Roy Williams doesn't fit the offense well either as evidenced by Furrey outproducing him. That's the main reason why I think this is a smokescreen. Martz doesn't need another WR, especially not one that poorly complements his offense. Unless they trade Roy Williams it makes little sense. The position they need to shore up to improve the offense is OT and the OLine in general. In St. Louis they had two first-round draft pick studs in Barron & Pace. Detroit has fringe starters at best and it's hard to complete those 25-yard outs and deep streak patterns when you can't pass protect.

Caddy
04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Now Matt Millen is my favorite GM. This offseason was great and will only get better with CJ!

Even if Matt Millen picks CJ he is still easily one of the worst GM's in the NFL.

-black
04-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Detroit has more of a need at OG then OT. Foster and Scott can compete for the RT spot (Scott was actully decent when healthy) and Baukus is a very good starter. He isnt Pace, but who outside of a few OT's is?

The Saints did not need another RB either (at least not in the 1st round). CJ is a special player, and I dont see how you couldnt understand why Martz or any coordinator would not want him. He is special, so it does not matter that he is not the size/skill set of Bruce or Holt. He gives them a chance to have possibly the equivalent to what Carter and Moss were in Minnesota. In St. Louis he alwayed had alot of receivers. Az Hakim, Prohl, Bruce, Holt, plus a 1,000 yard receiver in Faulk. I genwinlly (sp?) believe Martz wants CJ if he cant get a better deal.