PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas NBA Live 08 Coverboy

SeanTaylorRIP
04-27-2007, 05:28 PM
http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20070427-124847-1411r.htm

Official announcement soon, but Gil will be cover boy on NBAlive 08. Rather he'd been on 2K sports game because it's so much better, but NBA Live is more prestigious. Congats Agent Zero!!!

etk
04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Finally EA picks a good cover boy, Arenas deserves it. Now Bosh can be on the cover of 2K :D......

JF4
04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Well deserved. I probably won't be buying Live though because i've fallen in love with the 2k series.

Jimmy
04-27-2007, 05:35 PM
well freakin deserved

HoopsDemon12
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
deserved and glad to see one of my favorite players on there... but 2K is far superior in my mind to live... so i could see this not being that big of a deal

Flyboy
04-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Hibachi!!!

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
gilbert is completley overrated they just feel bad for him cause he got injured

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
the should have been cover boy

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4391/dfasfsadfcj3.jpg

The Legend
04-27-2007, 07:06 PM
wow a player who is not even playing now

jballa838
04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
yes... i have a reason to buy it for a 6th straight year!

neko4
04-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Hurray! Way better than VY on Madden
I might actually buy a NBA game now

supermario86
04-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Live is better then 2k shooting is messed up in 2k

SeanTaylorRIP
04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
gilbert is completley overrated they just feel bad for him cause he got injured

Please that's a joke, your LeBron is the most overrated trash to ever come across the league. He was handed the keys and half of his points are off of bs calls from the refs, the NBA informs the refs to give him calls so he can succeed. Poor baby cries and the refs are quick to help him. He is an awful shooter and defender. Just look at this bs play of course the announcers don't want to talk about it cause it's the sweetheart LeBron but what the hell. First off there is no way in hell it's a foul. But the worse part is Lebron makes the shot. No call made Wizards already inbounding the ball but because LeBron is crying like a beeyatch they blow the whistle so much later and call a foul on Etan Thomas. Wish I could find a clip with sound but it's horrible. When the ref raises his arm that's when he blows the whistle and makes the call, you tell me what you think of it, if it weren't LeBron well all know it wouldn't have happened.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yva-vkIzoro. Look at the video watch the refs eyes, no call made until he looks at LeBron on the ground crying, he never saw the play, and it wasn't even a foul to begin with, glad to see the league caught with its pants down.

steelersfan43
04-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Please that's a joke, your LeBron is the most overrated trash to ever come across the league. He was handed the keys and half of his points are off of bs calls from the refs, the NBA informs the refs to give him calls so he can succeed. Poor baby cries and the refs are quick to help him. He is an awful shooter and defender. Just look at this bs play of course the announcers don't want to talk about it cause it's the sweetheart LeBron but what the hell. First off there is no way in hell it's a foul. But the worse part is Lebron makes the shot. No call made Wizards already inbounding the ball but because LeBron is crying like a beeyatch they blow the whistle so much later and call a foul on Etan Thomas. Wish I could find a clip with sound but it's horrible. When the ref raises his arm that's when he blows the whistle and makes the call, you tell me what you think of it, if it weren't LeBron well all know it wouldn't have happened.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yva-vkIzoro. Look at the video watch the refs eyes, no call made until he looks at LeBron on the ground crying, he never saw the play, and it wasn't even a foul to begin with, glad to see the league caught with its pants down.

:( bron bron?

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Live is better then 2k shooting is messed up in 2k

How do you figure?

GB12
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I was a fan of Arenas before this year, but this season really turned me away from him. Not only do I not like him, but I'm starting to hate him.

snuff
04-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I see they must be focused on defense this year.

Ghettosermon riddle me this.

Who shot a lower FG% than Gilbert Arenas out of the top 40 scorers in the league?
Who plays less defense than Gilber Arenas?

Vikes99ej
04-27-2007, 08:47 PM
How did I know that Ghettosermon would be the one to post this? :LOL:

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM

ya were ahead 2-0 wizards suck

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2007, 09:12 PM
pretty easy to beat the Wizards without their two best players.

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
hopefully gilbert has a great offseason better luck next year

ccB
04-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I see they must be focused on defense this year.

Ghettosermon riddle me this.

Who shot a lower FG% than Gilbert Arenas out of the top 40 scorers in the league?
Who plays less defense than Gilber Arenas?

Steve Nash? Snuff dont talk NBA, stick to Michigan football.

snuff
04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Steve Nash? Snuff dont talk NBA, stick to Michigan football. That one was just thrown in to make fun of his terrible defense.. I don't even know if Steve Nash plays defense our not... But I am still pretty sure Nash does more on offense... So yeah, great argument.

Bengals1690
04-27-2007, 09:26 PM
he is my favorite player not on the rockets. good job.

go_ravens94
04-27-2007, 09:33 PM
HIBACHI BABY!

He deserved it.

dcarey20
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
yeah baby go agent zero

ccB
04-27-2007, 09:36 PM
ya were ahead 2-0 wizards suck

Heres an idea. How about when Caron and Arenas are healthy we take the Cavs two best players away and see how they fair against a healthy wizards team in a 7 game series. Its injuries (and yourself) that sucks not the Wizards.

DraftMasterG
04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Heres an idea. How about when Caron and Arenas are healthy we take the Cavs two best players away and see how they fair against a healthy wizards team in a 7 game series. Its injuries (and yourself) that sucks not the Wizards.

ya that didnt happen though better luck next year

Damix
04-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Good choice.

jballa838
04-27-2007, 09:59 PM
That one was just thrown in to make fun of his terrible defense.. .
yeah. 2 and a half steals per game is terrible defense.

comahan
04-27-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah. 2 and a half steals per game is terrible defense.

Eh, steals really dont have much to do with being a great defender at all.

Ewing
04-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I prefer 2K to Live and hopefully they'll get someone more current than Shaq to be on the cover this year.

sweetness34
04-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Maybe Gilbert will stop whining about how he's direspected now. It's getting really annoying.

The Bulls direspected me, Coach K disrespected me, D'Antoni disrespected me, the entire NBA disrespects me....Just shut up already.

Bengals1690
04-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Maybe Gilbert will stop whining about how he's direspected now. It's getting really annoying.

The Bulls direspected me, Coach K disrespected me, D'Antoni disrespected me, the entire NBA disrespects me....Just shut up already.

to be honest, thats why i like gilbert so much. he rose up against the odds. but he is so weird. online poker at half time, taking showers in his jersies, and the whole air pressure deal in his house. they all make me lol.

04-27-2007, 10:36 PM
he is my favorite player not on the rockets. good job.

I agree with this post. Agent zero is the best 08 cover choice.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Good Gilbert is the man.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_oDM_1Ad6I&mode=user&search=:This is why I love Gilbert, other guys will do video game covers just for the advertising and money, but Gilbert is like a little kid in a candy store, he actually takes something like this as an honor, he is a good character for the NBA, keeps it lighthearted and in control.