PDA

View Full Version : First loss, or first win?

IBleedNavyandOrange
10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Rather than talking about the Bears going undefeated, or the Raiders not winning a single game, maybe we spin the topic by asking which streak ends first.

Me, I think the Raiders win first.

Jonathan_VIlma
10-09-2006, 08:29 PM
The Raiders will win first, only because I think they'll beat Arizona at home. Chicago has Arizona, San Fransisco, a bye and Miami at home the next four weeks.

raiderfan4life
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
0-16 raiders

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Push. Bears undefeated, Raiders winless.

nfrillman
10-09-2006, 09:31 PM
I voted for a Bears loss, simply because the Raiders have a legitimate shot at going 0-16.

VoteLynnSwan
10-09-2006, 09:35 PM
I voted for a Bears loss, simply because the Raiders have a legitimate shot at going 0-16.

and the Bears don't have a legitimate shot at going 16-0?

10-09-2006, 09:37 PM
fitz is out.and you can bet that the raiders are sick of all tis crap everybody has been saying about the leinert issue.if we hog the ball alot we could win since the cardinals d aint special and our defense is 2nd in the league in passin defense.not to mention the cardinals oline.

huff will get his first career interception. :D

The Unseen
10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I looked at the skeds, and I think the Bears lose first. I think they lose to the Pats on Nov 26, and then the Raiders win the next week vs. Houston.

nfrillman
10-09-2006, 09:42 PM

and the Bears don't have a legitimate shot at going 16-0?

Umm, not really, no. I know they are best team in the league right now, but there is a reason no one has ever gone 16-0 in the regular season, its kinda hard. Looking at their schedule, they play @ Giants, @ Jets, @ Patriots all in a row, three straight road games will be tough to get through. Then they play the Vikings at home and go to St.Louis immediately after those three games. Both those teams will be fighting to make the playoffs. They also play @Lions and Packers at home to end the year. Those teams will be playing for nothing but pride, against, if they're are still undefeated, a team that is naturally not going to be as "up" for the game because homefield will already be locked up. The Lions and Packers would love nothing more than to ruin an undefeated season for a division rival. Talk to me about them going undefeated once they get past that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch.

Hurricane Ditka
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
if they're are still undefeated, a team that is naturally not going to be as "up" for the game because homefield will already be locked up.You think players don't get jacked up at the possibility of going undefeated?

nfrillman
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
if they're are still undefeated, a team that is naturally not going to be as "up" for the game because homefield will already be locked up.You think players don't get jacked up at the possibility of going undefeated?

I know they will try to get jacked up for it, but it just natural to have sense of relaxation once homefield is locked up. If they get through that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch and are still undefeated, knowing what I know now, I'd say they will go undefeated because the Bucs, Lions, and Packers look pretty bad, but a lot can change by week 15.

Hurricane Ditka
10-09-2006, 09:51 PM

I know they will try to get jacked up for it, but it just natural to have sense of relaxation once homefield is locked up. If they get through that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch and are still undefeated, knowing what I know now, I'd say they will go undefeated because the Bucs, Lions, and Packers look pretty bad, but a lot can change by week 15.Personally, I don't think we'll go undefeated, that just doesn't happen. Although 15-1 is likely with this schedule.

Dam8610
10-09-2006, 09:52 PM

No, no they don't.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2006, 09:52 PM

I know they will try to get jacked up for it, but it just natural to have sense of relaxation once homefield is locked up. If they get through that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch and are still undefeated, knowing what I know now, I'd say they will go undefeated because the Bucs, Lions, and Packers look pretty bad, but a lot can change by week 15.Personally, I don't think we'll go undefeated, that just doesn't happen. Although 15-1 is likely with this schedule.
No it's not. 15-1 is never likely. It's never likely to finish 10-1. We should win 12 games. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.

nfrillman
10-09-2006, 09:53 PM

Yea, I would say that 14-2 or 15-1 is the range the Bears will finish. They should get 6 wins from their division.

P-L
10-09-2006, 10:00 PM
It is much easier to go 0-16 than it is 16-0.

TitleTown088
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
nice job stealing this poll from espn.com :wink:

The Unseen
10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
It is much easier to go 0-16 than it is 16-0.

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

4pAc
10-09-2006, 10:58 PM
The raiders are worse than a couple of college teams right now.

yodabear
10-09-2006, 11:04 PM
The Bears lose one. Not that I think they are overrated, but because the Raiders are that bad.

DChess
10-09-2006, 11:26 PM
both are gonna happen!!, nah in all seriousness, the bears will play in a dome and lose. its harder to go undfeated than defeated

yodabear
10-09-2006, 11:30 PM
both are gonna happen!!, nah in all seriousness, the bears will play in a dome and lose. its harder to go undfeated than defeated

They've already have, and won in the toughest dome to play in the NFL. Yeah, I said it. The EJD isn't nearly as loud as The HHH Metrodome.

sweetness34
10-09-2006, 11:34 PM
The Bears lose one. Not that I think they are overrated, but because the Raiders are that bad.

As much as I'd like it to happen, I really don't think we're going undefeated.

1) It's virtually impossible
2) No one's ever done it
3) If we keep playing like we are, we could wrap up the division by about week 11 or 12, maybe earlier

nobodyinparticular
10-10-2006, 01:44 AM
It's easier to go winless than undefeated? How many teams have lost 16 games then?

Staubach12
10-10-2006, 05:59 AM
I think the Bears can go undefeated. I'll explain later.

Shiver
10-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Oct 16 @Arizona
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco
Nov 5 Miami
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
Nov 26 @New England
Dec 3 Minnesota
Dec 11 @St. Louis
Dec 17 Tampa Bay
Dec 24 @Detroit
Dec 31 Green Bay

It's rediculous, they only have three hard games. That said, they will lose a game.

10-10-2006, 06:06 AM
hopefully the bears lose one will come first

IBleedNavyandOrange
10-10-2006, 06:21 AM

Heh. I didn't see it there until this morning--it's funny how Illinois is the only state where the majority feels the Bears will go undefeated--but the idea definitely was not mine. I think that ESPN Mike & Mike radio show mentioned it, and I figured I'd find out what people with real football knowledge thought.

And, since I couldn't find any of those, I posted the poll here.

10-10-2006, 08:16 AM
I see the bears going 14-2. Such an easy schedule. That also doesn't take away from the way they are playing though. Right now they are just dominateing every team. It's a long season, so a key injury or even a losing streak can happen. As for the Raiders, I think it is between them and detroit to be the last team to get a win. Both those teams are just so pathetic.

yourfavestoner
10-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I can't believe how quick people are to point out the Bears' easy schedule this year, but nobody made any mention of the Colts' easy schedule last year.

Go_Eagles77
10-10-2006, 03:09 PM

Heh. I didn't see it there until this morning--it's funny how Illinois is the only state where the majority feels the Bears will go undefeated--but the idea definitely was not mine. I think that ESPN Mike & Mike radio show mentioned it, and I figured I'd find out what people with real football knowledge thought.

And, since I couldn't find any of those, I posted the poll here.

:lol:

10-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I can't believe how quick people are to point out the Bears' easy schedule this year, but nobody made any mention of the Colts' easy schedule last year.

The first half of the schedule was but after the bye week was a pretty tough schedule. We played @ New England, @Seattle, San Diego, Pittsburgh, @ Jacksonville and @ Cincinnati all in a span of 8 games. Thats 5 playoff teams and a very talented Chargers team.

Basileus777
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Oct 16 @Arizona
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco
Nov 5 Miami
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
Nov 26 @New England
Dec 3 Minnesota
Dec 11 @St. Louis
Dec 17 Tampa Bay
Dec 24 @Detroit
Dec 31 Green Bay

It's rediculous, they only have three hard games. That said, they will lose a game.

That game at New England will be tough and one of their losses. Three straight road games ended at Foxborough isn't going to be easy for any team. Teams almost never win their 3rd straight road game.

Staubach12
10-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Oct 16 @Arizona
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco
Nov 5 Miami
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
Nov 26 @New England
Dec 3 Minnesota
Dec 11 @St. Louis
Dec 17 Tampa Bay
Dec 24 @Detroit
Dec 31 Green Bay

Exactly. The schedule is Jello. Nothing hard. They could go perfect...

10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Oct 16 @Arizona
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco
Nov 5 Miami
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
Nov 26 @New England
Dec 3 Minnesota
Dec 11 @St. Louis
Dec 17 Tampa Bay
Dec 24 @Detroit
Dec 31 Green Bay

On any given sunday...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-10-2006, 06:36 PM
If the Titans can almost beat the Colts than any of those teams could beat the bears on a lucky day.

yourfavestoner
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
If the Titans can almost beat the Colts than any of those teams could beat the bears on a lucky day.

I think you're underrating the Bears and overrating the Colts. The Colts are not a good football team right now. They just have a quarterback that's good enough to overcome his team's deficiencies.

PalmerToCJ
10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Wow they have an easy schedule... I think they lose to either NE or the Giants.

They can start their backups and probably still win the last 3 games given who they play :lol:

cuzifelt1ikeit
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
fitz is out.and you can bet that the raiders are sick of all tis crap everybody has been saying about the leinert issue.if we hog the ball alot we could win since the cardinals d aint special and our defense is 2nd in the league in passin defense.not to mention the cardinals oline.

huff will get his first career interception. :Dthere only number two because everyone runs on ya