PDA

View Full Version : Claytons take on the Briggs trade

DaBears0530
04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Briggs deal back on the table
<Apr. 27> Things are heating up on the Briggs trade front between the Redskins and Bears, reports John Clayton. However, two things have to happen before a deal can be consummated. Briggs has to get a physical, and has to get a contract done and signed because the Redskins don't have enough cap room to accommodate his $7.2 million franchise tag.

Despite the odds, things could get done. The Redskins would have to throw in linebacker Lemar Marshall to accommodate the swap from No. 6 and No. 31 in the first round. They may be willing to do that. Something needs to be worked out before sundown in order to get those two things done.

SFbear
04-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Briggs deal back on the table
<Apr. 27> Things are heating up on the Briggs trade front between the Redskins and Bears, reports John Clayton. However, two things have to happen before a deal can be consummated. Briggs has to get a physical, and has to get a contract done and signed because the Redskins don't have enough cap room to accommodate his $7.2 million franchise tag.

Despite the odds, things could get done. The Redskins would have to throw in linebacker Lemar Marshall to accommodate the swap from No. 6 and No. 31 in the first round. They may be willing to do that. Something needs to be worked out before sundown in order to get those two things done.

I don't know if the physical and contract stuff is valid but Clayton later reported that the deadline for these things have already passed and so the deal won't happen.

myinnerself
04-27-2007, 09:22 PM
How would that be a good deal for the Skins at all?

Vince Lombardi
04-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Is Briggs really worth that much? If I were WAS I would just trade back a few spots to get Patrick Willis and some more picks.

myinnerself
04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Is Briggs really worth that much? If I were WAS I would just trade back a few spots to get Patrick Willis and some more picks.

I agree completely, to me the Skins are just getting tattooed on this deal. The 6th pick alone might not be worth Briggs.

asmitty45
04-27-2007, 10:21 PM
That deal doesnt make any sense, marshall is a good linebacker and this deal just owns the redskins. Snyder is just trading for fun i think

bearsfan_51
04-27-2007, 10:37 PM

They can't trade back, that's why the Bears don't want the pick. The only reason why anyone would trade up is if Quinn or Peterson fall to 6, and even then I don't buy it.

The trade isn't going to happen. Save your breath.

diabsoule
04-27-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not a fan of this trade at all. If they are so intent on adding a linebacker then I'd either try to trade back a few spots and if that doesn't happen, then I would reach on Willis. I know taking him at 6 instead of the 9-12 range is a bit of a reach but if they are that intent on bringing a play-making LB into the fold then why not reach?

boisefan
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
This would be a horrible trade for the Skins. I believe it won't even happen, but we will see for sure tomarrow.

wogitalia
04-28-2007, 04:18 AM
The skins have the only pick that might be worse than the Vikes. Value basically cant be equal to what is available.

reinar
04-28-2007, 04:25 AM
WAS should get Okoye - period.

Addict
04-28-2007, 04:41 AM

he's not but Washington doesn't enjoy drafting, so they don't value them the same way. I honestly thought the trade's biggest problem was the 31, I doubt WAS wants it, since they hate first day draft picks.

McBain
04-28-2007, 06:20 AM
he's not but Washington doesn't enjoy drafting, so they don't value them the same way. I honestly thought the trade's biggest problem was the 31, I doubt WAS wants it, since they hate first day draft picks.

Stupid, just stupid.

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 06:36 AM
washington should get landry

landry/taylor =/ wow

Addict
04-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Stupid, just stupid.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/SjonnieTeiger/yeah.jpg

it's called a joke.

princefielder28
04-28-2007, 07:41 AM
I really question why the Skins would want to do this deal

boisefan
04-28-2007, 08:31 AM
I really question why the Skins would want to do this deal

Your not alone, Skins dont even need Briggs...