PDA

View Full Version : My mock

Ryche
04-27-2007, 11:31 PM
I think there's going to be some surprises.

1. Oakland - Brady Quinn - I think there's more than just smoke to the rumors of Oakland trying to work a deal out with Quinn. The Raiders' new coach wants to implement a short passing system for which Quinn would be ideal. And I have yet to hear anyone from the Raiders organization talk up Russell. They regret not drafting a quarterback next year, and Calvin Johnson won't help without anyone to throw to him (see Randy Moss).
2. Atlanta (from Detroit) - Calvin Johnson - Local star and he should be able to help Vick. Atlanta will do whatever is necessary to trade up to get him.
3. Cleveland - Jamarcus Russell - The Cleveland GM has know Russell a long time, no brainer for the Browns if he's there.
4. Tampa - Joe Thomas - The Bucs offensive line needs help and Thomas is as good as it comes.
5. Arizona - Levi Brown - They want to move down, but no one wants to move this high. So they take the player they covet anyway.
6. Washington - Gaines Adams - Another team that wants to move down, but they settle for the best pass rusher instead.
7. Minnesota - Laron Landry - A wide receiver would be ideal, but none are worth drafting yet. Minnesota takes a future leader for their secondary and a guy who can help in nickel situations immediately.
8. Detroit (from Atlanta) - Patrick Willis - Detroit gets the best linebacker in the draft and, along with Sims from last year, maybe the fastest linebacking corps in the league.
9. Green Bay (from Miami) - Adrian Peterson - Green Bay snipes Houston, taking the best running back in the draft.
10. Houston - Amobi Okoye - Houston goes for the best player on the board, giving them a potentially dominating young defensive line.
11. San Francisco - Adam Carriker - Ideal defensive end for San Fran's 3-4 defense.
12. Buffalo - Darrelle Revis - Buffalo needs a cornerback after losing Clements. There are enough questions about Lynch that this spot is too early to draft him.
13. St. Louis - Jamaal Anderson - The Rams need help on defense and some have Anderson the second best defensive end, so he's a good pick here.
14. Carolina - Greg Olsen - Should help revitalize Carolina's passing game, giving Steve Smith more space.
15. Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons - Fills the Steelers' hole at weakside linebacker.
16. Miami (from Green Bay) - Alan Branch - Would have considered Branch with the 9th pick, they're ecstatic that he's still available.
17. Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson - Second best safety in the draft, can also play some cornerback.
18. Cincinnati - Leon Hall - Desperate need for a corner, the Michigan star ends up playing in Ohio.
19. Tennessee - Ted Ginn Jr - The Titans would be tempted by taking the local receiver Meachem, but Ginn's return ability gives him the edge.
20. New York Giants - Joe Staley - Staley has shot up the charts and New York needs to keep the pressure off Manning.
21. Denver - Robert Meachem - Denver wanted to move up to get Johnson, but couldn't get it done. They settle for what might be the second best receiver in the draft.
22. Dallas - Aaron Ross - The Cowboys need a corner and find one instate.
23. Kansas City - Dwayne Bowe - KC needs a star receiver, Bowe would be better than anyone they currently have.
24. New England - Michael Griffin - Safety with a lot of experience, he fits the New England mold.
25. New York Jets - Jarvis Moss - Hybrid DE/LB who can give the Jets a pass rush from the end.
26. Philadelphia - Marshawn Lynch - Not a pressing need, but a great value at this point, provides some insurance behind Westbrook.
27. New Orleans - Justin Harrell - Fills the largest need on the team.
28. New England - David Harris - Another player in the New England mold, will be able to take over in the middle after a year.
29. Baltimore - Chris Houston - Baltimore keeps enhancing its defense.
30. San Diego - Steve Smith - The Chargers take a southern California receiver, but not the more famous one.
31. Chicago - Jon Beason - The Bears draft a linebacker to replace Briggs, who likely won't play for them again.
32. Indianapolis - Sidney Rice - Marvin Harrison's not getting any younger and they could use a third receiver in the meantime.

boisefan
04-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Redskins need a run stopper, or a safety.

Okoye or LaRon Landry is better for them.

The Legend
04-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Hmm Packers Trade what to move up there?

RaiderNation
04-27-2007, 11:38 PM
quinn wont be the pick

ripdw27
04-27-2007, 11:41 PM
great pick in that situation for the broncos, i like how in the comment you said we at least tried to trade up for cj

ripdw27
04-27-2007, 11:42 PM
oh yeah and check out my mock draft
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8271