PDA

View Full Version : Titans to land Turner/Williams?

PoopSandwich
04-28-2007, 07:46 AM
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070427/SPORTS01/70427053/1027

Titans step up efforts to land Turner, Williams

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

On the eve of the NFL Draft, the Titans are working to acquire Chargers running back Michael Turner and Lions wide receiver Mike Williams.

The moves could alter the team’s direction in the draft.

On Friday, the Titans and Chargers continued to discuss a trade involving Turner, who rushed for 502 yards and two touchdowns as the back-up to NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson.

ESPN reported the Chargers are prepared to trade Turner after receiving an acceptable contract offer from another team. According to the report, an unidentified team offered the Chargers a first-round pick in the 2008 draft, and San Diego is willing to accept the deal.

The Titans, Bills and Packers are among the teams who've expressed an interest in Turner, although Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith has said other teams are also interested.

The Titans did not offer a first-round pick in next year's draft, according to sources familiar with the trade talks, but have discussed other options including a swap of first round picks in this year’s draft. The Titans are scheduled to pick 19th overall, the Chargers 30th.

Another trade scenario would involve the Titans giving up a second-round pick in this year’s draft, along with further compensation either in this year’s draft or in next year’s draft.

Titans officials could not immediately be reached for comment on Friday. Agent Bus Cook, who represents Turner, said no one had talked to him about a deal.

“If it's true, somebody has to call me to tell me about it,’’ Cook said. “I don’t have a clue, unless it's the Titans, but I don't know. They haven't called me about it.’’

On Thursday, Turner signed his tender with the Chargers, a required step for a trade to go through (players have to be signed and under contract in order to be traded).

Also on Thursday, Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said contract talks with Cook had reached a point where the two sides could reach an agreement pretty quickly.

As for Williams, the Titans and Lions have discussed trade options. A first-round pick by the Lions in 2005 out of USC, he caught eight passes for 99 yards last season.

The Lions are in the mix to draft Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson with the No. 2 pick

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 07:53 AM
i want them both

The Dynasty
04-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Theres supposly a mystery team in the running for moss so i wouldnt be surprised if it was the Titans. I expect the Bills to be the team trying to get turner.

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 08:01 AM
i would love to get moss

Play Hard
04-28-2007, 09:02 AM
i would love to get moss

And are they one of the 3 in the mix ?

The Unseen
04-28-2007, 09:03 AM
plz plz no.

Xiomera
04-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Give us a 5th rounder for Williams and its a deal.

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Give us a 5th rounder for Williams and its a deal.

6th, is the most id give

zoinks
04-28-2007, 09:31 AM
FWIW, NashvilleCityPaper.com is reporting that the Williams trade is a done deal....

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=33&screen=news&news_id=55909

21ST
04-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Turner would be a great pick up for them but im not to sure about williams

Cashmoney
04-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Hmm.. i guess if we get these two guys we could wait till round two and take steve smith, sidney rice or maybe even jarrett if he were to fall to us. I think a change of scenery and putting mike williams with chow and an exciting QB might get him to wake up and work harder.

OzTitan
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.gotitans.com/

NFL Network is apparently reporting Mike is a Titan.

Hopefully for nothing more than a 5th. Decent pickup IMO, i.e. back with Chow.

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Hmm.. i guess if we get these two guys we could wait till round two and take steve smith, sidney rice or maybe even jarrett if he were to fall to us. I think a change of scenery and putting mike williams with chow and an exciting QB might get him to wake up and work harder.

i like the idea of getting jarrett, 2 USC receivers with their old coach

nice

but i love meachem

smittyjs
04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I really hope we don't trade for Turner the Burner......:(

smittyjs
04-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I was hoping we would take Williams with the 6th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft ..... LOL

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I was hoping we would take Williams with the 6th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft ..... LOL

i did aswell :)

Ewing
04-28-2007, 11:01 AM

Same here buddy. I hope we can land Turner too and then draft Meachem in the first. If we can do that our offense will be incredible.

stephenson86
04-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Same here buddy. I hope we can land Turner too and then draft Meachem in the first. If we can do that our offense will be incredible.

oh yeh.........it will :)

TitanHope
04-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Mike Williams? If we gave up a 5th, thats cool I guess. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good, as well as reuniting with Norm Chow.

I've heard so many things pertaining to trade talks for Michael Turner. I'll believe it when I see it.

art vandelay
04-28-2007, 01:50 PM
The Packers are trading a 2008 1st rounder for Turner. The Titans are screwed at RB...maybe Pittman?

smittyjs
04-28-2007, 02:02 PM
The Packers are trading a 2008 1st rounder for Turner. The Titans are screwed at RB...maybe Pittman?Not really IMO, we have a great run blocking line, and White should be fine. Also if we get Brown back, then i feel real good. I'm one of very few Titans fan hat hope we don't waste any more picks on RB, and let green bay do that.

SDSupaChargers
04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
All the Titans have to do is offer us the 19th pick and Turner is theirs. They need to get on that!