PDA

View Full Version : Discuss the Giants 2007 Draft Picks

Forenci
04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I figured we could use a nice, clean, thread to put discuss all the players we get in the draft this year. Wait until our first pick to post here.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Ross? Meh.

I really like Ross, I just don't like that he is 25 years old as a rookie.

Sigh. Guess it could've been worse with Staley or a linebacker at that spot.

Damix
04-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Hmm, I'm not a huge fan

Shockey80
04-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I am very disappointed. He is already 26 and a corner. I imagine that teams offered us good value for pick #20 with Quinn on the board (and Jax, dallas and KC right behind us).

Instead we got Aaron Ross. I dont like it at all. Staley, Poz, Reggie Nelson, or a WR would have been a better pick imo

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
im not a fan AT ALL!!! we passed on BEASON, BRANCH, NELSON for a 25 year old rookie CB? there is a lot of depth @ CB in this draft and with revis and hall gone i think it was a bad move. we could have gotten josh wilson, mccauley, etc in the 2nd round and got beason or branch 1st. this was a bad decision

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I am very disappointed. He is already 26 and a corner. I imagine that teams offered us good value for pick #20 with Quinn on the board (and Jax, dallas and KC right behind us).

Instead we got Aaron Ross. I dont like it at all. Staley, Poz, Reggie Nelson, or a WR would have been a better pick imo

i totally agree. with the value that was on the board there i think it was ridiculous to take him. there is a lot of value @ CB in the 2nd round in wilson, mccauley, etc. we passed on beason, branch, houston, nelson, heck i would rather have poz. ur right we could have entertained trade offers to cle, det, etc who want quinn. ross is 25 years old! bad pick jerry reese

Forenci
04-28-2007, 03:18 PM
The more I think about it, the smarter this pick is.

Now, I don't know if it was a superb pick, but it was smart.

Why take Branch when Robbins and Cofield come on strong, not to mention Bell being that big guy we need. Robbins is getting up there, but I still think it wouldn't be prudent to take him.

Nelson? What if Demps and Wilson pan out? Waste of pick right there.

Staley? I supported him before the Draft, but once it was at our pick I was thinking, "Please, please - do not make this pick."

Beason? I don't like Beason. Not what we need in a linebacker.

I don't know. I think this is one of those picks we'll learn to like as Giants fans, just because if you THINK about it if we took Branch or Nelson they may have been for nothing.

Shockey80
04-28-2007, 03:21 PM
And Dallas made the trade we should have.

We could have the Browns 08 first rounder and this years second rounder....

It would have been a top 10 pick for sure.

Great job Reese. You suck

Damix
04-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Its tough, I wanted a corner, Houston was my #2 rated corner in this draft so I'm upset we didn't get him, but Ross provides help on returns, and I think thats what pushed us over the top on him.

Hopefully it pans out

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 03:25 PM
The more I think about it, the smarter this pick is.

Now, I don't know if it was a superb pick, but it was smart.

Why take Branch when Robbins and Cofield come on strong, not to mention Bell being that big guy we need. Robbins is getting up there, but I still think it wouldn't be prudent to take him.

Nelson? What if Demps and Wilson pan out? Waste of pick right there.

Staley? I supported him before the Draft, but once it was at our pick I was thinking, "Please, please - do not make this pick."

Beason? I don't like Beason. Not what we need in a linebacker.

I don't know. I think this is one of those picks we'll learn to like as Giants fans, just because if you THINK about it if we took Branch or Nelson they may have been for nothing.

Doesnt matter. im sure your right it is something we will learn to like but the fact is- he was not the right decision in my opinion. I would much rather have had chris houston or wilson or mccauley in the 2nd. its not like ross brings a different dimension to the defense- hes not that fast. we needed speed in the secondary which these guys could have provided. ross is 25 almost 26 years old! that is ridiculous to take a guy already aged in the 1st round of the nfl draft. by time he adjusts to the game and to the team hes 27! yes branch , dt, is not a direct NEED but hes a steal at the 20th pick. i wanted beason the most and we messed up

Forenci
04-28-2007, 03:26 PM
And Dallas made the trade we should have.

We could have the Browns 08 first rounder and this years second rounder....

It would have been a top 10 pick for sure.

Great job Reese. You suck

Hah, wow, shows how much you know.

I doubt Cleveland offered us even close to that.

Cowboys had huge leverage in the fact they thought Kansas City would be taking him next.

You have absolutely zero idea what they were thinking, so before you insult Jerry Reese you should take not you have zero idea what they were offering us, if they even did offer us something. They might've though it would take even more to get our spot.

Damix
04-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Ross is 24

Shockey80
04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Hah, wow, shows how much you know.

I doubt Cleveland offered us even close to that.

Cowboys had huge leverage in the fact they thought Kansas City would be taking him next.

You have absolutely zero idea what they were thinking, so before you insult Jerry Reese you should take not you have zero idea what they were offering us, if they even did offer us something. They might've though it would take even more to get our spot.

We were 1 pick difference from Dallas.

If Reese actually made a call to the Browns, I am sure that they would have made the exact same deal with us instead of Dallas. Theres no reason they wouldnt.

Its mismanagement on Reese's part.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Doesnt matter. im sure your right it is something we will learn to like but the fact is- he was not the right decision in my opinion. I would much rather have had chris houston or wilson or mccauley in the 2nd. its not like ross brings a different dimension to the defense- hes not that fast. we needed speed in the secondary which these guys could have provided. ross is 25 almost 26 years old! that is ridiculous to take a guy already aged in the 1st round of the nfl draft. by time he adjusts to the game and to the team hes 27! yes branch , dt, is not a direct NEED but hes a steal at the 20th pick. i wanted beason the most and we messed up

I agree, I'd rather have someone else, but it's not too bad.

Also, just so you all know, Ross is 24, he'll be 25 in the first week of the NFL so you know.

He might be the most pro-ready cornerback, so, hopefully, he'll be starting for us.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 03:34 PM
We were 1 pick difference from Dallas.

If Reese actually made a call to the Browns, I am sure that they would have made the exact same deal with us instead of Dallas. Theres no reason they wouldnt.

Its mismanagement on Reese's part.

Completely wrong, again you have absolutely no idea what was going on behind the scenes. For all you know, Cleveland offered us (if anything) a 2nd and 3rd rounder. Maybe even less.

My guess is when Cleveland realized KC might take him, they threw whatever they could at Dallas to get the pick.

I'm not saying it was a great pick, or that they didn't offer us anything - I'm just saying you have zero clue what happened.

dhoe20
04-28-2007, 04:35 PM

lol...

To put this in a good perspective, Ross is 24 yes he turns 25 a week or 2 after the season starts. But a certain all-pro quality CB in our division was 24 when he was drafted, Terrence Newman. Tye Hill, who is only going to be in his second year this season, is also 24 turn 25 in Summer. Age is being overblown and played out.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-28-2007, 04:49 PM
I hate the Ross pick with an utter passion! God damn!

ricky bobby
04-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm with you guys. I think Number 10 is the only one that likes this pick.

Reese better do a hell of a good job in rounds 2-7. I'm starting to think this guy is a complete moron. Poor decisions starting from cutting Petitgout, then making no moves in free agency, then drafting a 25 year old corner that runs a 4.5 40 in round one.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I hate the Ross pick with an utter passion! God damn!

ive come to the conclusion i dont hate it. its just an ok pick. ross does not have the upside/natural skill that chris houston has but i think is actually more of a safe pick. i think guys like beason, nelson and even branch who is still on the board, have brighter nfl futures but ross is the kind of guy who can start right away. its an ok pick. im not thrilled. i was originally furious but ive come to the realization its an ok pikc.

Damix
04-28-2007, 05:05 PM
As I said before, Houston fits the system better, and could develop into the better corner, but Ross could provide #2 right away (and could be an eventual #1) and will help on returns

NY+Giants=NYG
04-28-2007, 05:06 PM
ive come to the conclusion i dont hate it. its just an ok pick. ross does not have the upside/natural skill that chris houston has but i think is actually more of a safe pick. i think guys like beason, nelson and even branch who is still on the board, have brighter nfl futures but ross is the kind of guy who can start right away. its an ok pick. im not thrilled. i was originally furious but ive come to the realization its an ok pikc.

He has to start right away, because he is damn 25! lol. Plus he only has one year starting experience in the pros, and is going to start right away in the pros. I love Reese, but this as a moronic pick in my opinion.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm actually starting to like the pick a little. I don't think the Browns would've given us the same deal the Cowboys got. I wouldn't take Nelson because we may have zero need for him in 2008 and the next year. That and throw on the fact that there seems to be something making Alan Branch fall. Clearly it's more than him just 'slipping'. Maybe something in the interviews?

Rest assure, I think in a month we'll all love this pick to be honest. I don't know why, I just think we will.

I also find it funny now how just yesterday so many people said Reese was amazing for not overspending for free agents and cutting injured prone players like Luke and Lavaar - now it seems like everyone thinks he's terrible because he went with a cautious pick because we might have a completely different coaching staff next year.

Did he take the best pick? Probably not. Did he take the smartest pick? I would say yes.

If we sign Ross to a six year deal, we'll be getting a ton of life span out of him. I'm liking the airing on the side of caution this year. I hope he does well in the second round though.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 05:37 PM
who do u guys expect to draft round 2? what positions? what players? honestly i would be really inclined to trading up for justin blalock who is somehow still available. he would help our power running game tremendously and could start right away. we could move diehl outside and have depth in backups like reugamer and seubert.

Shockey80
04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I heard Ross talking on the radio and he was talking about how he gets to live in NY for 4 or 5 years. Not saying he wants to spend his career here.

I am not thrilled about Ross, but I am even more upset that we didnt make a deal with the Browns. They would have offered us the same thing they offered the Cowboys, but Reese obviously wasnt paying attention and manning the phones. I would love to have a top 10 pick next year

Damix
04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I heard Ross talking on the radio and he was talking about how he gets to live in NY for 4 or 5 years. Not saying he wants to spend his career here.

I am not thrilled about Ross, but I am even more upset that we didnt make a deal with the Browns. They would have offered us the same thing they offered the Cowboys, but Reese obviously wasnt paying attention and manning the phones. I would love to have a top 10 pick next year

Whatever little credibility you had you just lost. This is quite possibly the stupidist statement ever said on these forums.

I hope you die in a fire.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 05:58 PM

i dont think we would have gotten the same deal as dallas. the browns wanted to move up 1 spot ahead of the chiefs. the boys worked it really well.

Shockey80
04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I meant a top 10 pick as in the Browns pick.

Who should we go after round 2? I am thinking Dwayne Jarrett, Brian Leonard, Chris Houston (yes another corner), or HB Blades

Forenci
04-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Whatever little credibility you had you just lost. This is quite possibly the stupidist statement ever said on these forums.

I hope you die in a fire.

I completely agree.

It's got to be up there.

I'm just hoping he'll be gone when the Draft is over. You usually get people who have no idea what they're saying come on for two days and never return.

Damix
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking LB with the next pick, but to tell you truth, if McCauley/Houston/Wright are there I wouldn't be opposed to taking them. All 3 of have #1 potential and combined with the youngsters we already have we could have a good secondary for years.

On a side note, BBD is probably not happy, Weddle just got picked

ricky bobby
04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I want Brandon Siler or Justin Durant.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I am somewhat in agreement. I don't know why, but getting two cornerbacks might be very nice for the future.

I think we'd be better of getting a linebacker in round 3/4 as I think there is better value you there.

I would be cool with getting someone like Sidney Rice or Dwayne Jarrett..maybe even Jason Hill in the second round.

If we can get Jarrett..argh..sweetness.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I meant a top 10 pick as in the Browns pick.

Who should we go after round 2? I am thinking Dwayne Jarrett, Brian Leonard, Chris Houston (yes another corner), or HB Blades

dont u even ****1ng mention leonards name ever again. i will kill someone if we draft a guy who is slow, would b 3rd on the depth chart and couldnt even b the starting hb on his own college team. chris houston was just picked by the falcons who have had the most astounding draft (jamaal anderson, blalock and houston). jarrett? nope never. i dont want his slow 4.68 speed on our team. we need WR that separate from coverage.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Meh. I don't care if he ran a 4.68, because that's probably what he runs in pads. Someone like Meachem can run a 4.4 something in shorts, but would run something like a 4.5 in pads. Still he's fast, but not as fast as his 40.

Jarrett would be a red zone beast for us and an absolutely steal at our pick. Moss is all the seperation we need. I don't want too many small guys at receiver.

ricky bobby
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Jarrett and Rice just fell off the board.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 06:43 PM
ya with the WR that are on the board right now im not sure if i want one 2nd round. i thought we could get craig davis or anthony gonzalez but they are both gone. jarrett and rice are gone. i dont think steve smith would be a wise pick for us. i would like a justin durant or may be the best olineman available

Forenci
04-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't really like a ton of the value here. I like Steve Smith or Jason Hill, but..eh. I do not want Durant in the second. I think it is a reach on him. I'd be okay with it, but still.

I really hope we trade down at this point. Maybe another cornerback? I know that seems crazy, but we have our pick of the litter really. Wilson, McCauley, Wright. Take about locking up the secondary for years to come.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 07:12 PM
well durant is gone anyway. i think it would not b smart to take another CB personally. well see how ross does, how webster does and then say nex year: do we need another CB. i dont want brian leonard thats all i know.

Damix
04-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Steve Smith, not bad

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 07:15 PM
so steve smith- im not a big fan of this pick truthfully. the draft has not gone the way i wanted so far.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Steve Smith for our second round pick.

I actually like this pick a lot, because I think there was bad value at just about every other posistion for us.

I'm cool with this pick.

Damix
04-28-2007, 07:19 PM
LB in the 3rd I'm guessing now

Forenci
04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Linebacker or OT/OG it would seem.

So far I'd give Reese a C+ grade. It has room to improve though.

..also, I'm very very happy we didn't take Brian Leonard. I would've been extremely fustrated if we took him. Thank you very much, Reese.

BigBlue58KiperIII
04-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Smith is not a bad pick, fills a need, i still wanted Leonard as our pick got closer, i know he didnt fill a need but i wanted him, then he went right after us to the Rams, i hope he does well there. Kalil was still on the board i was considering him as well.

Number 10
04-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Love the Ross pick

Not wild about Smith but I'll take it, could evolve into a Ike Hilliard type, he is a better version of Tyree. Nice hands, smart, quick first few steps to get seperation. Would have liked Leonard there

Forenci
04-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Smith is not a bad pick, fills a need, i still wanted Leonard as our pick got closer, i know he didnt fill a need but i wanted him, then he went right after us to the Rams, i hope he does well there. Kalil was still on the board i was considering him as well.

I would've been extremely pissed if we took Leonard. He wouldn't fill any need and would ultimately be one of the most worthless picks for us. Even if he is a hometown guy, would've been really really bad.

I don't see taking Kalil a good pick to be honest. I mean, we did just re-sign Shaun O'Hara for..5 years? Not to mention Ruegamer as well.

I think it was a good pick with no value at a lot of the other posistions in my opinion. Since we didn't trade down..good pick.

dhoe20
04-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm with you guys. I think Number 10 is the only one that likes this pick.

Reese better do a hell of a good job in rounds 2-7. I'm starting to think this guy is a complete moron. Poor decisions starting from cutting Petitgout, then making no moves in free agency, then drafting a 25 year old corner that runs a 4.5 40 in round one.

Nah I like the pick. If you go to BBI there's two definite groups of people that either hate or love the pick. A month ago Eric actually predicted that we'd take Ross if we got a corner in the 1st. He plays faster than his time anyway, so the 40 isn't that bad. We still needed a returner so he'll be able to fill that role. I didn't like Puke much anyway. I actually thought that he might've been cut after last season.

He has to start right away, because he is damn 24! lol. Plus he only has one year starting experience in college and he's the same age as Terrence Newman was when he was drafted, and is going to start right away in the pros. I love Reese, but this as a good pick in my opinion.

Fixed.

The draft isn't as bad as people will make it out to be. Remember how you felt after we picked Kiwanuka? These guys are experts and this is their profession for a reason. They know more than we do.

I love the Steve Smith pick.

Edit: FFS, is this site run by a f'n gerbil?

Damix
04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Jay Alford?

Forenci
04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
...hmm. I don't like this pick. We had bigger needs, and unless Reese thinks we can get a linebacker in the fourth round that we'll like..well then, I don't know.

This is the only pick I'm not fond of so far. I figured we'd addressed this issue by signing a rotational guy in Bell.

dhoe20
04-28-2007, 09:31 PM
The good: Alford has the explosive first step and quick hands that give him a fast advantage over blockers early in the down. He became a fixture on the tough Penn State defense early in his redshirt freshman season, and he finished with 41 career starts. Alford shows fine instincts to locate the ball quickly and the closing burst of speed to make the big play. On the snap he gains a consistent advantage, relying on his quick first step and strong hands to gain penetration into the backfield. He is an explosive, disruptive, one-gap type of tackle with a fine first step.

The bad: His lack of prototypical size will probably put him behind the top prospects, but his playmaking ability and production can rival most prospects in this class. His lack of bulk makes it difficult for him to stack on the inside and hold the point of attack against NFL-caliber linemen. He has the speed to get to the sidelines, but needs to develop better tackling ability in space.

Outlook: He is a quick, undersized defender with the athletic ability, big-game experience and production to become an NFL tackle - but only in the right scheme. He warrants a late selection with clubs like the Bills, Bucs, Colts and Chiefs all interested.

Probably a bit early and a LB should've been picked before, but I can take it. We already have our starting LBs set though in Wilkinson/Pierce/Kawika. Our O-line is set too imo and everything added here would just strictly be depth. Our starting OL is the same line that got 151 rushing yards on the Eagles and allowed only 1 sack in the playoff game.

Shockey80
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
If we were going to draft an undersized DT, why did we pick this guy over Quinn Pitcock?

I really do not like this at all. I wouldnt pick a DT at all but picking Alford over Pitcock is crazy. Passing up Bradley, Deosie, Shaw, and a couple other LBs is crazy.

I really dont know what Reese was trying to do here

Forenci
04-28-2007, 09:50 PM
You mean besides the fact Quinn Pitcock got owned at the Senior Bowl? I don't like to label guys who haven't played a down in the NFL as a 'bust', but to be honest, I think he'll be one.

I think I'm not as upset as I was about this pick. Alford is a beast, and can get some real penetration. I think Reese as a linebacker he's had his eye on the entire time which is why he's by passed some players.

Also Tom Coughlin was just talking and he said they've been agressive in attempting to trade but they feel like they haven't gotten a good enough deal to go through with it. Makes me thing if the Browns were talking to them they tried to short change us.

I think we might be able to gett DeOssie or Shaw in the fourth. Maybe even Earl Everett.

Number 10
04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Looks to me that Spags has had a HUGE influence on this draft, Ross and Alford are definitely scheme-based selections.

Number 10
04-28-2007, 11:08 PM
The Browns did not attempt to trade with the Giants

BaLLiN
04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
At least Alford wants to play for us, just like Poz wanted to play for us, I think we should've traded up for Revis, or at least hall, I think Ross will be like Hester in coverage and maybe worse, he could become Corey Webster, I like the steve smith pick though, I think maybe we should've taken DeMarcus Tyler over Alford

moc182
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Pretty solid day one, especially compared to how I felt after day one of last year. There were guys I would rather have than Ross, but I think he's going to be a very good corner and I'm not going to nitpick. I was ercstatic over the Smith pick, I can't remember the last time the Giants picked the one guy I wanted aboive all others. Didn't like the Alford pick at all, I can't see him being more than a rotational guy, and I feel that people with potential to make a much greater contribution were available.

Shockey80
04-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I have come around a bit on Ross. Not what I would do, but I am starting to be ok with it as i read into it a bit more.

I like the Steve Smith pick in the second round. He should be a solid player

Jay Alford wasnt a very good pick at all. If we would have taken a LB, I would be very happy with our draft. Or perhaps made a move to get McCauley and hope that pans out. We have a very good D-line coach so I am hoping that he had some input on this pick. We needed a big guy at the position however.

I would have liked us to be more aggressive though. If I was GM, I would have tried to make a move for Chris Houston in the second, and then wait on Jason Hill in the third.

NDfootball
04-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Typical safe draft so far for the G-Men. Ross will be a fine addition to our secondary, he has a lot of ability and should be fighting for the starting spot right away.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the Steve Smith pick, his height/speed combination don't stand out at all. Eli needs his targets to be as big as possible. He will probably end up a solid option at 3rd WR for next year anyway though.

Alford is an interesting pick. He was great last season for Penn State, and I thought he really moved well for someone at his position. We might have been able to get him in the 4th, but seeing him play this year I was impressed with his ability to disrupt the play and he seems to fit in with the smaller, more athletic defensive line we are trying to achieve.

Another great thing about our draft so far is there probably won't be any character issues, with the league cracking down that's more important than ever.

dhoe20
04-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Steve Smith article posted on BBI forums.
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_5772595

While others marveled over Jarrett's one-handed catches, when Jerry Rice watched USC games he saw Smith's precise routes and reliable hands.

"He stood out to me," Rice said of Smith. "The guy is a great football player who never really got the chance to show what he can do because Dwayne Jarrett was there. He can go across the middle, runs sharp routes and has that desire to be successful. I see a lot of myself in him."
Getting praise from the G.O.A.T is always good.

"That's his work ethic," said USC backup quarterback Mark Sanchez, called in to throw the balls during the drills. "He's always out there making those extra catches."
:) I know someone's going to be working with Eli instead of going to Miami.

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 05:58 AM
god, i wish i wasnt so impatient and my comp wasnt soooo slow yesterday. so iguess i'll throw out my thoughts on all the picks here
Ross- i really like this pick. He's mature and age 24, not old. pretty smart, has excellent ball skills, can lay some lumber, and this may shock some giants fans, but he's a CB who can actually CATCH the ball!!!!!!!!!!

Smith- not a bad pick at all. solid guy who really gives us a strong WR corp. with moss and toomer coming off injuries, this means we wont have tyree as eli's 2nd or 3rd option. a WR corp of Plax, Amani, Moss and Smith is very strong.

Alford- ehh, only pick i'm iffie on here. tank had character issues, somethign you know reese wanted no part of. he's was pretty productive in college and who knows, could do something at the next level. our DT rotation is now very solid with cofiled and robbins starting, joseph alford and bell behind them. i feel seawright wont make the team

overall, i'm very satisfied with this first day. day 2, we need to address LB, TE, and depth at OL. I think with not going LB day one, reese and spagz are showing confidence in Gerris/Chase/Kawika and may be going after Al Wilson

TankGiant
04-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Ross-I am happy with the pick but feel we could have gotten better value in the second round by drafting McCauley. He should fit in spags system very well.

Smith-I thought he was a good college receiver and if he is able to go over the middle in the NFL and make catches this will be a great pick.

Alford-Very productive but I think we could have gotten him later. Reminds me of how the eagles draft. Seems like Spags is gonna try and can a solid dt tackle rotation together to get pressure on the QB.

ricky bobby
04-29-2007, 08:00 AM
The major problem I have is that the players are all older type of prospects. Reese picked players that had great production and experience rather than upside. The good news is that all three should be able to contribute immediately.

Siler, Pittman, DeOssie, Shaw, and Patrick are still on the board. We need to get one of those guys.

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 08:37 AM
At least Alford wants to play for us, just like Poz wanted to play for us, I think we should've traded up for Revis, or at least hall, I think Ross will be like Hester in coverage and maybe worse, he could become Corey Webster, I like the steve smith pick though, I think maybe we should've taken DeMarcus Tyler over Alford

wow, i think you lost all credibility with that. worse than hester or webster in coverage??????? and yea lets pick tank tyler with character issues in the year when goodell and the NFL are cracking down on gyus with character issues

NIG
04-29-2007, 08:53 AM
At every pick, with the exception of our third maybe, we got the best value for a position of need. I dont know why all the complaining?

Aaron Ross- is going to be a solid player, and if he cant produce at CB, heck we have a better than average return man.

Steve Smith- This guy is a gamer, no if's and's or but's. He was the best, and most productive reciever available, and im just ecstatic about this pick.

Jay Alford- Sure LB would have been nice, or O-line. But weve always had DT problems, why not just have another there for insurance reasons. Dont like the pick, dont hate the pick.

Rounds 4-7 are too hard to predict, but i see a OLB in the 4th. And from there possibly O-line depth, and a Kicker, which many of us seem to be forgetting.

G-Men88
04-29-2007, 08:54 AM
If another person talks about Chris Houston I might explode. There is a reason he fell to the second round. He is not that good.

I gave the Giants first day a B. Ross and Smith were both good picks, but Alford was a reach.

cusefann33
04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey guys, i'm new to these forums but here's my take on the picks.

Ross- I like this pick. He was my #2 CB behind Darrelle Revis. He plays well against big time recievers (ted Ginn Jr) and he's a playmaker. He can intercept the ball and make big plays when we need them. He's also an excellet return man.

Smith- wish we traded up in the second round to grab Paul P. I really think PP could have been great in our system. He reminds me of AJ Hawk or DeMeco Ryans. As for Smith, I think he'll be a great pick. He's a solid receiver. He won't make the great plays, but he'll make the catches on 3rd down or in the Red Zone. He's the type of WR's QBs like.

Jay Alford- don't know much about him, but i think he was a huge reach, especially with the other DTs available.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
overal I loved the draft.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm actually really liking our draft now also since I've had some time to contemplate it. You know, I think I've noticed something..Reese might be preparing for life with out Tom Coughlin. It makes sense. I think he made some great safe picks, incase we get a scheme change in offense or defense if we get a new head coach next year.

I mean, I think we didn't got with a linebacker because if there is a scheme change then generally a lot of linebackers will be useless (ex: Jets). That and as Ricky mentioned that we'll have a chance at some really good linebackers in the 4th Round.

Look forward to Day 2 to see what Reese days, and I've really started liking the Aaron Ross pick.

liquidswords
04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
I really like our picks so far... I'm glad we didn't pick Chris Houston. (Did you guys see Mike Mayock on NFL network freaking out when he was dropping.... lol!) In the third, I thought we would've picked Stewart Bradley, but a decent pick nonetheless. I feel we should go after Ben Patrick in the 4th.

hugegmenfan
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey guys, i'm new to these forums but here's my take on the picks.

Ross- I like this pick. He was my #2 CB behind Darrelle Revis. He plays well against big time recievers (ted Ginn Jr) and he's a playmaker. He can intercept the ball and make big plays when we need them. He's also an excellet return man.

Smith- wish we traded up in the second round to grab Paul P. I really think PP could have been great in our system. He reminds me of AJ Hawk or DeMeco Ryans. As for Smith, I think he'll be a great pick. He's a solid receiver. He won't make the great plays, but he'll make the catches on 3rd down or in the Red Zone. He's the type of WR's QBs like.

Jay Alford- don't know much about him, but i think he was a huge reach, especially with the other DTs available.

im ok with the ross pick as well but he did not do well against Ted Ginn Jr. Ginn actually raped him in the 2nd game of the season for like 6 catches 90 yards and a 1 td plus a 43 yard bomb. Im happy with the ross pick as well.

About Alford, he was an extremely productive player in his college career. he had 16.5 sacks which for a DT is pretty impressive. hes really fast and will be used on pure passing situations. I think this opens the door for joseph to be released honestly. we have cofield, robbins, bell, now alford, seawright- there is no use for him anymore.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Woo! Zak DeOssie! I love this pick, great job getting him in the fourth round by Reese.

Shockey80
04-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Woo! Ack DeOssie! I love this pick, great job getting him in the fourth round by Reese.

Yea I like it as well. Theres still some good LBs out there, so maybe we should consider another in the 5th

NDfootball
04-29-2007, 11:56 AM
DeOssie pick was great. We have a small defensive line, some big linebackers are exactly what we need. As long as we get one offensive lineman, this draft addressed our weaknesses very well.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Indeed, the DeOssie pick is awesome like I said before.

If we get the chance in Round 5, we have to get Ben Patrick, especially if we run more two TE formation as we are expected to this year.

Shockey80
04-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Darius Walker would be a good pick for us next

Forenci
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Kevin Boss for our 5th Round pick.

Surprised we didn't got for Patrick, seems like he'd be a good run blocker. Strange. I like Kevin though so it's pretty cool with me.

No real point in taking a tackle at this point, wouldn't mean much for depth.

LTgiants
04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
we should taken patrick taking boss over him was dumb

Forenci
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
we should taken patrick taking boss over him was dumb

I disagree. Boss is a better blocking Tight End, and that's all we really need a second tight end for. Not to mention, about four or more teams picked other tight ends over Patrick so clearly something is up with him.

Not a dumb pick. Hate uninformed people.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 01:33 PM
So far, contrary to what many will think, I like this draft alot. I'll post more detailed analysis when the board calms down. But so far, great job by Reese.

Of course I wanted Nelson or Branch in the first, but I like the Ross pick too. Theres alot to discuss with this draft. I like Jerry Reese. So far we have done a good job. It pained me to see alot of guys I wanted go off the board before we picked, but considering what the board looked like when Reese was up at bat, I think for the most part he's made great decisions.

And we're almost done with the 5th round and Darius Walker is STILL on the board??

Hopefully he falls to us in round 6. Id love to have Darius in Giant blue. Great insurance policy at RB.

eacantdraft
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I liked the Ross pick. And it's not because I had him going to the Giants in my mock draft. He is a solid corner who probably can make a big contribution from the beginning.

Steve Smith fills a need at WR and showed the Giants may be admitting taking the midget Moss last year was a mistake.

LTgiants
04-29-2007, 02:11 PM
adam koets??

Forenci
04-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Hmm. Adam Koets. I remember seeing him play actually in that upset against USC, seemed to do a good job against some of the top USC pass rushers which was surprising.

It's hard to judge if he can give us depth, but he's suppose to be highly athletic as a tackle. Kind of like a poor mans Joe Staley this year. We'll have to wait for training camp to see if he pans out and gives us a bit of depth behind Diel or maybe McKenzie

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
im loving the draft, but my only complaints are alford being a reach in the 3rd, and the total lack of Rutgers players!!!! we passed on stephenson, and getting boss rules out harris. we need to draft stapleton or sign meekins at FB!!! :)

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
blah on Koets. Don't expect too much from a 6th round Tackle. Thats all Im saying. I wouldve rather liked BPA in that round. I still can't believe Darius Walker is still on the board. Now Im hoping he falls to us in the 7th. Did everyone just forget about him or something? Whats going on? He's a good character guy, ran a good 40, does everything well. Am I missing something here?

I liked Reese's first 4 picks alot. So far, rounds 5 and 6 are pretty eh to me. But at least we're doing a much better job with rounds 1-4 opposed to the Accorsi era.

Earl Everett is also on the board. So is Abbate. Id give Kyle Young a peak too. He can play OG for us with his current frame. He's a mauler, and a potential bargen.

So if we nab Everett/Walker/Young, Id be happy. Theres probably some names Im forgetting as well. Walter Thomas the NT?

Still undrafted. I'll like to gamble on him in the 7th. No question about that. For a 7th, we'd be dumb NOT to take him.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree BBD, I like the first four picks, even the Alford one I'm liking now.

I like the Kevin Boss pick in the fifth quite a bit too. Not sure why you don't, but to each their own.

As for Walter Thomas..I'd much rather wait to try and get him as an UDFA rather than a 7th Round pick. Sure, anything we draft in the 7th Round might not pan out, but I'd rather take our chances at getting him as an undrafted free agent.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Michael Johnson, S, Arizona in the 7th Round.

Wow, I think this is a steal. Some teams had this guy as the 4th/5th Safety rated on their board, so I think we got some really good value here and a guy who can back up Gibril really well.

He might even try to grab a starting spot if Gibril isn't here after the 2007 Season.

hugegmenfan
04-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Michael Johnson, S, Arizona in the 7th Round.

Wow, I think this is a steal. Some teams had this guy as the 4th/5th Safety rated on their board, so I think we got some really good value here and a guy who can back up Gibril really well.

He might even try to grab a starting spot if Gibril isn't here after the 2007 Season.

i totally agree. i was shocked that we got him in the 7th round. i thought he was a 3rd or 4th round pick. good pick. hopefully with our 2nd 7th round pick we can nab darius walker who i think would b another huge steal

NDfootball
04-29-2007, 04:22 PM
We're doing a great job today. We really needed more size and athleticism all over the place, and we got it.

Koets might suprise us. If I remember correctly, Dave Diehl was a 6th rounder back in '03, and he's never missed a start.

D-Walk at 250 would be unbelievable, if not, maybe somebody like Matt Moore as a backup QB. Great job by the Giants this year.

hugegmenfan
04-29-2007, 04:28 PM
ya im quietly impressed by the job we did this weekend. i think alford may have been a reach- but is going to be a great pass rusher and 3rd down rotational DT
i too think koets will surprise people. hes huge and if he puts on some weight, like 10-15 pounds he can def make the team, and be a primary backup this year.

Zak DeOssie was a steal in the 4th round as he should have been a day 1 pick. he could come out of this draft being an even bigger steal and the only reason he is not highly regarded is because he played ivy league but he dominated, has football in his family and is very fast.

I think we chose a TE a little too early however- i think we should have gone TE in the 6th round and may be like a HB 5th round.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Come on JR, complete the draft with Darius Walker. Or go after Earl Everett. We can nab Kyle Young and Walter Thomas in UDFA pool. Im still shocked that Darius Walker is available. Thats amazing.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw? Why did we choose him over Darius Walker?

Something is going on. Theres something fishy going on with Darius Walker. Theres no way all these teams pass up on him for nothing. We drafted a RB in the 7th round, and so did a bunch of teams. Theres no way that every team passes up on Darius Walker for no reason.

Thats the only logical explanation I can think of.

moc182
04-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Very happy with day two. DeOssie was #1 on my board at the time he was picked and he has the versatility to play any lb spot, which is one of our biggest needs. Boss and Koets were solid picks. Very, very happy to get Michael Johnson that late, and Bradshaw has some very nice potential. All in all we had a very solid draft.

Damix
04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw? Why did we choose him over Darius Walker?

Something is going on. Theres something fishy going on with Darius Walker. Theres no way all these teams pass up on him for nothing. We drafted a RB in the 7th round, and so did a bunch of teams. Theres no way that every team passes up on Darius Walker for no reason.

Thats the only logical explanation I can think of.

Well other then the fact that hes not very good...

Damix
04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
So, UDFA targets?

Kyle Young, Earl Everett, Kenny Scott

Walter Thomas is cool and all, but I think by the Jay Alford pick we don't want any hulking NT, we want penetrators

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
i like boss, he even said in an interview that the giants was where he wanted to go. its good b/c he'll actually work with eli and work hard. koets is fine, remember Diehl was a 5th round pick. alford is growing on me. dont really like bradshaw and really shocked we passed on walker. DeOssie, Ross and Smith will contribute the most this year.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
So, UDFA targets?

Kyle Young, Earl Everett, Kenny Scott

Walter Thomas is cool and all, but I think by the Jay Alford pick we don't want any hulking NT, we want penetrators

Kyle Young as a RG, Earl Everett as depth for WILL. I wouldn't mind Walter Thomas.

Let go of Seawright. Walter Thomas is Seawright part 2, but with a ton more potential. Let them fight it out in TC and PS.

Darius Walker is better than alot of RBs taken in this draft. Im surprised he went undrafted. I much rather have him than Ahmad Bradshaw, thats for sure. Bradshaw doesn't fit with the rest of the theme of the draft. He's a low character thug. And he's not even as impressive as Walker. I didn't get that.

I think Reese had a very solid draft. Very solid. This is a nice breathe of fresh air. Usually Im utterly disappointed in our drafts. Under Reese, it looks like the tide is turning. We got someone who knows how to draft.

Im loving the DeOssie pick. You guys know me by now, I love big strong, versatile, smart linebackers. This guy fits the bill. Wouldve loved Stewart Bradley too, but eh, you can't have it all.

Im still upset that we didn't land Reggie Nelson, but what can ya do. Theres always next year, and with a new year comes new prospects to talk about. We did good, we had a good draft. Im excited about next year.

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 06:46 PM
did any one else notice how fast the giants picked DeOssie? i think they just said the titans wont pick him our pick is Zak. it might've been the fastest pick i've ever seen lol. i also think Johnson is more of a FS as insurance for demps. we filled really every need. the coaching staff seems high on Huston. and i cant stress enough how much i want meekins on this team!!! at FB or DT

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 06:50 PM
did any one else notice how fast the giants picked DeOssie? i think they just said the titans wont pick him our pick is Zak. it might've been the fastest pick i've ever seen lol. i also think Johnson is more of a FS as insurance for demps. we filled really every need. the coaching staff seems high on Huston. and i cant stress enough how much i want meekins on this team!!! at FB or DT

Let's not go overboard now. Let's be realistic, we shouldn't expect anybody past round 4 to fill a "need" for us. These guys are more often than not, projects who don't pan out for whatever reason.

Now, Im not saying they won't, but realistically, not all 8 guys will contribute to our team. Thats just how it is. Im not sure if we adequately bolstered our oline, and Im not sure if we addressed run blocking TE properly. Those 2 picks were more developmental guys opposed to being able to being able to be plugged in right away and contributing.

Even our safety, he's a developmental player as well. He won't contribute right away.

Realistically, I see our first 4 rounds contributing to our team this year. The players we got from rounds 5-7 are more developmental, and if they do impact our team, their impact will be felt in upcoming years, opposed to right away.

Damix
04-29-2007, 06:52 PM
DeOssie might push Kuel of the roster, only thing I don't like about him

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 06:58 PM
DeOssie might push Kuel of the roster, only thing I don't like about him

not a chance. we resigned Kuehl this offseason to a 1 year deal. one of the best long snappers in the league. no way we let a rookie take over long snapping right away. let him learn the defense first(thats more important)

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
5th round pick Kevin Boss should contribute this year as well. I would guess even more than Steve Smith just because of how our roster looks at this point in time. Boss should jump right in to the #2 TE on this team. Obviously I really like the Smith pick and over the long run he should contribute much more but from day one as right now Boss is our #2 TE where Smith will be #3 WR at best heading into the season.

As for the rest of the draft, my favorite picks were Smith and DeOssie. Scottyboy I think is right. DeOssie definately had to be graded much higher than anyone else we had at that time. The G-Men were really really quick to make that pick. I'm not thrilled about Ross. And I'm certainly not thrilled about Revis going to the Jets.

As for other teams in the NFC East, I think the Cowboys dropped the ball in this draft. Getting a 1st rounder in 2008 is huge but I can't grade them on that until they make that pick a year from now. I don't see waht they are going to with Spencer. I don't like him anyway and think he is overrated but, do they plan on moving Carpenter inside? Marten is a guy most liked here but I like Beekman a lot more. I guess for RT Marten could pan out. Stanback was way too early. That was a big headscratcher. Although Brown is a very nice potential pick in the 7th.

The Redskins still don't seem to get it. Landry is a great talent, but they need help on the DL. You should build from the LOS out. Taking a safety that high 2 out of 3 years just doesn't make sense. Safeties don't effect the outcome of the game enough to warrant that. Although I think Blades could be a big pickup for them. Sartz not so sure about. Can't remember who else they took.

I like what the Eagles did. I think Kolb was the #4 QB in this draft. I had it Quinn, Russell, Edwards, Kolb. But Kolb makes much more sense for the Eagles than Edwards does. Abiamiri scares me a bit. He will see some serious playing time. He is more suited to play full time than Cole is. And Bradley was a great pick as well. And Hunt is the perfect compliment for Westbrook.

Shockey80
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I really liked our day 2 a whole lot.

Zak Deossie is going to be a good player. very good value. I was angry we didnt pick a LB on day one, but this pick fit the bill and was very nice. Boss is an adaquete backup TE and has potential to develop into more. I wanted John Wendling in the sixth round, but the linemen we got fills a need and seems like he just needs to bulk up a little to play at the pro level. Micheal Johnson was a good value and a very good pick in the 7th.

Only pick I wasn't a fan of was Bradshaw.

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 07:03 PM
not a chance. we resigned Kuehl this offseason to a 1 year deal. one of the best long snappers in the league. no way we let a rookie take over long snapping right away. let him learn the defense first(thats more important)

Maybe not push Kuehl off this year, but definately next. DeOssie just gives a little more versatility. On punts imagine him snapping the ball and then taking off downfield. It would almost be like having a 12th player on punting units that we don't have now.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
5th round pick Kevin Boss should contribute this year as well. I would guess even more than Steve Smith just because of how our roster looks at this point in time. Boss should jump right in to the #2 TE on this team. Obviously I really like the Smith pick and over the long run he should contribute much more but from day one as right now Boss is our #2 TE where Smith will be #3 WR at best heading into the season.

As for the rest of the draft, my favorite picks were Smith and DeOssie. Scottyboy I think is right. DeOssie definately had to be graded much higher than anyone else we had at that time. The G-Men were really really quick to make that pick. I'm not thrilled about Ross. And I'm certainly not thrilled about Revis going to the Jets.

As for other teams in the NFC East, I think the Cowboys dropped the ball in this draft. Getting a 1st rounder in 2008 is huge but I can't grade them on that until they make that pick a year from now. I don't see waht they are going to with Spencer. I don't like him anyway and think he is overrated but, do they plan on moving Carpenter inside? Marten is a guy most liked here but I like Beekman a lot more. I guess for RT Marten could pan out. Stanback was way too early. That was a big headscratcher. Although Brown is a very nice potential pick in the 7th.

The Redskins still don't seem to get it. Landry is a great talent, but they need help on the DL. You should build from the LOS out. Taking a safety that high 2 out of 3 years just doesn't make sense. Safeties don't effect the outcome of the game enough to warrant that. Although I think Blades could be a big pickup for them. Sartz not so sure about. Can't remember who else they took.

I like what the Eagles did. I think Kolb was the #4 QB in this draft. I had it Quinn, Russell, Edwards, Kolb. But Kolb makes much more sense for the Eagles than Edwards does. Abiamiri scares me a bit. He will see some serious playing time. He is more suited to play full time than Cole is. And Bradley was a great pick as well. And Hunt is the perfect compliment for Westbrook.

I think Phillips plans on using Carpenter as an ILB the same way Donnie Edwards was used. Carp is real good in coverage, and he's probably gonna cover the TE out of the SILB position while Spencer will play weakside rushbacker and they'll probably move Ware to SOLB. It makes sense for the system they run.

I actually don't like what Philly did. Hunt was a good pickup. Abriamiri was a good pickup. Kolb was dumb, they didn't need him. Not taking a WR in round 2 was dumb for them. Bradley was a good pickup, but I think he fits the 3-4 much better than their defensive scheme. They were actually better off taking DeOssie. He has more speed.

Washington...what can you say. I love it.

I actually like the Ross pick. I don't think he's that bad at all. For bump and run press man coverage, he can be a very good CB. Of course Revis is better, but hey, what can you do. I wouldve liked Nelson or Branch but Ross isn't a bad pick either.

Number 10
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Outstanding day 2 and I will not criticize the Alford selection because he fits the scheme perfectly and has the makings of a guy that will make everyone that criticized Reese look silly.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Outstanding day 2 and I will not criticize the Alford selection because he fits the scheme perfectly and has the makings of a guy that will make everyone that criticized Reese look silly.

Are you as excited as I am? The future looks good with this guy making the picks, thats for sure.

Teams live and die with the draft nowadays. I think we got a guy who knows how to draft now. Thats very exciting news to me.

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Maybe not push Kuehl off this year, but definately next. DeOssie just gives a little more versatility. On punts imagine him snapping the ball and then taking off downfield. It would almost be like having a 12th player on punting units that we don't have now.

yes, his LB skills will be nice on punt coverage, but kuehl is 37 i think. i bet he reitres after this year.

ps. i broke down our roster as of now in the discussion thread- please criticize(constructive! :) )

Forenci
04-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Are you as excited as I am? The future looks good with this guy making the picks, thats for sure.

Teams live and die with the draft nowadays. I think we got a guy who knows how to draft now. Thats very exciting news to me.

I agree my friend. The future does look bright.

Also let it be known that Reese is just a first year GM. Basically his rookie season, if you think about it. I know, it might not seem like it makes a difference if you've been a GM just one year or 30 years, but you'd be surprised how much pressure and how quick you have to be to making up your mind.

Things can only get better from here...

Damix
04-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I would have liked to add another CB, but if we can pick up Kenny Scott is UDFA I'd be happy.

Ross looks like he'll step in as not only a starter, but the #1 right away. Madison and Webster will battle for #2, though I wouldn't be suprised if Webster falls to #4 with McQ as the nickel. Dockery/Underwood/McPhearson/Other UDFA and street FA will be fighting for roster spots again

Achilles33
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM
YOu guys had a solid draft IMO, nothing special. Washington and Philly had horrible drafts.

I think it went Dallas, NY, Philly, Washington.

Have fun getting owned by Darren McFadden in 2008 :).

Damix
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I think Cleavland will suprise, but you'll get that pick anyway with a 3-13 season =P

Number 10
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM

You're damn right I am.

Ross was my #1 CB....the only CB IMO from this class that has shutdown potential and he has awesome, exciting return ability

Smith is a gamer, sure handed, smart WR that we could have used last year.

Alford will make an impact, I guarantee it. He fits the new scheme very well.

DeOssie provides depth and will give us a faster version of a Nick Greisen type career here in NY

Boss is coveted by Pope, our TE coach. He is an instant upgrade as a receiver over Shiancoe and if Pope can develop Shiancoe into a good blocker, lord knows what he can do with Boss. Love the name too, and he is wearing #89!!!! Gotta love that.

Eh on the LT prospect. Would have liked Otto, more versatile and better run blocker.

Johnson was a steal, most had him on the fringe of day one and day 2. Great size/speed combo and will need to learn for a year, but what better situation that this one? Demps and Gibril were our starters no matter what, Johnson has upside once he learns.

Bradshaw...I'll be suprised is he makes the roster but I like him as a runner. Reminds me of Wynn BBD....very balanced runner with good vision and underrated quickness.

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
i think everyone really likes this draft alot and is excited. this is just what we needed. this draft will help us now(ross and possbily smith in the slot, even Boss in 2 TE sets) and the future with Alford, smith, DeOssie.

the only down side is i have school tomorrow :(

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
You're damn right I am.

Ross was my #1 CB....the only CB IMO from this class that has shutdown potential and he has awesome, exciting return ability

Smith is a gamer, sure handed, smart WR that we could have used last year.

Alford will make an impact, I guarantee it. He fits the new scheme very well.

DeOssie provides depth and will give us a faster version of a Nick Greisen type career here in NY

Boss is coveted by Pope, our TE coach. He is an instant upgrade as a receiver over Shiancoe and if Pope can develop Shiancoe into a good blocker, lord knows what he can do with Boss. Love the name too, and he is wearing #89!!!! Gotta love that.

Eh on the LT prospect. Would have liked Otto, more versatile and better run blocker.

Johnson was a steal, most had him on the fringe of day one and day 2. Great size/speed combo and will need to learn for a year, but what better situation that this one? Demps and Gibril were our starters no matter what, Johnson has upside once he learns.

Bradshaw...I'll be suprised is he makes the roster but I like him as a runner. Reminds me of Wynn BBD....very balanced runner with good vision and underrated quickness.

Yeah, Bradshaw could be a nice pick. His past just scares me a little.

I really liked our draft. We did a real good job. The only thing that upset me a little was that Marvin White and Ramirez were gone before we could pick em (i was hoping for one of the 2 in round 5), and I believe Beekman didn't last for us in round 5 either.

The LT pick was eh, Im not expecting much out of him. But we had a really really good draft. This was a great draft.

And I wholeheartedly agree on Alford. He's a great pickup. Great pickup.

Im looking at Earl Everett and Kyle Young as UDFAs. I think both are worth looking into.

I still can't figure out why Darius Walker went undrafted. Thats a big headscratcher to me. I had him at one point as a round 4/5 pick of ours in my mocks.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I think Ross will immediately become our number two guy, and Madison will be the number one. Sam Madison should be a really great teacher to Ross and help in during the year which will really be great, because they're both press corners.

I hope Webster pans out because when Madison and McQuarters are gone we've got our young, good, secondary. Throw Underwood and Dockery into the mix and we're set for years hopefully.

Plus, Ross and Moss (funny), could be a really good kick return duo.

Number 10
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Ross will compete for the #1 job, that's be openly stated by Coughlin. It's a combination of him being that good and our other CBs being that bad.

Number 10
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Ross-Moss-Boss

Sweet

Oh and one other thing, I would have like Wendling who ended up falling to the 6th for some reason I still can't figure out....I was calling for his name in the 3rd.

BaLLiN
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I wish we could've taken Walker over Bradshaw, but maybe we can offer him as an URFA, and I'd look at Rhema McKnight too. I was hoping we could've gotten Tanard Jackson to use as a cover safety, we should've traded up or something, he was worth it. Also Earl Everette and Juwan Simpson are undrafted and should be looked at. I am especially impressed with Earl Everette, he played QB, RB, TE, FB, LB in Highschool very versatile and a team player.
1. Aaron Ross- He's a good PR/KR, compared to devin hester, has good reaction and instincts, but can be fooled by pump fakes, does well in bump coverage, which is what we are installing. 6'1'', 193 lbs, 4.5 40, very long arms, is also engaged.
2. Steve Smith- Great reciever with great hands and runs good routes, thought to not have great speed but disproved that with a 4.44 40 and is very consistent and reliable, much like Amani, but is on about 6'0'' 197 lbs, 4.44 40. he broke domanick byrd's jaw and was born in alaska
3.Jay Alford- I don't know much about him except he wanted to play for us and is from New Jersey, Orange County. He led penn st. with 8 1/2 sacks and 14 1/2 tackles for loss. 6'3 1/2'' 304 lbs, 5.2 40
4. Zak DeOssie- I don't particulaly like this pick, it is average 6-45/8 250 lbs, 4.62 40
5. Kevin Boss-I like how the giants looked for a project player who has the potential to be a future starting TE, he can block well and is good in the passing game, as an added bonus, he is a big target. 6-61/2 252 lbs, 4.78 40
6. Adam Koets- He is a very good pass blocker and has quick feet has a lot of experience and good balance, only things questioned were stoutness, so he needs to gain strength, has a tendensy to get pushed back. 6-51/8 298 lbs, 5.08 40
7. Michael Johnson-Height:He is an improving playmaker at safety, great in run support, but will miss tackles because of being too aggressive. 6-2 5/8 205 lbs, 4.63 40
7.Ahmad Bradshaw- Was arrested twice, but has great vision and patience, not very physical and not a great blocker.5-9 1/2 198 lbs, 4.55 40
We should've taken Darius Walker instead, that was a bad move.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 08:06 PM
bro, I can't read that. Use paragraphs. My head hurts lookin at it.

cantCOAPwitdis
04-29-2007, 08:08 PM
yea i guess the ross pick wasn't too smart seeing that he's 25 and started only his senior year for the most part. But hey he's from Texas and won't be terrible

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
I think Phillips plans on using Carpenter as an ILB the same way Donnie Edwards was used. Carp is real good in coverage, and he's probably gonna cover the TE out of the SILB position while Spencer will play weakside rushbacker and they'll probably move Ware to SOLB. It makes sense for the system they run.

I actually don't like what Philly did. Hunt was a good pickup. Abriamiri was a good pickup. Kolb was dumb, they didn't need him. Not taking a WR in round 2 was dumb for them. Bradley was a good pickup, but I think he fits the 3-4 much better than their defensive scheme. They were actually better off taking DeOssie. He has more speed.

Washington...what can you say. I love it.

I actually like the Ross pick. I don't think he's that bad at all. For bump and run press man coverage, he can be a very good CB. Of course Revis is better, but hey, what can you do. I wouldve liked Nelson or Branch but Ross isn't a bad pick either.

McNabb hasn't made it through the season without getting dinged up a missing games for a while now. Its about time they brought in a true backup with starting potential. And Kolb fits the Eagles scheme a lot better than the other choices. Bradley in my mind is more of a 2 down 4-3 SLB. He doesn't have the speed to rush the passer in the 3-4. Where he was picked was good value.

I guess my problems with the Cowboys draft is that I think Spencer might be one of the most overrated players in this draft. At one point I thought he was underrated because of his production on the field. But considering him a 3rd rounder at that point. No where has he shown the athelticism in my mind to rush the passer effectively in the NFL. And I'm still scratching my head about Stanback. Between Marten and Free they should get one decent tackle, which has been a low spot for them. My guess is Marten will be the RT going foward.

Number 10
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
yea i guess the ross pick wasn't too smart seeing that he's 25 and started only his senior year for the most part. But hey he's from Texas and won't be terrible

The whole 25 years old thing is one of the worst arguments against a player I ever heard.

Damix
04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
The whole 25 years old thing is one of the worst arguments against a player I ever heard.

Its good and bad. If he develops quickly, we get a player during his prime on a rookie deal. If he doesn't develop quickly, he misses his prime.

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
ross is more mature and probably more ready to play right away. age isnt too big a factor i feel(for him) him being a physical CB, he wont have to rely on his pure speed like many CB's, who lose a couple steps with age. he will be sold for 8-10 years, but will prob. be a returner for only 5ish

his age argument is just totally ludacris

Number 10
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Its good and bad. If he develops quickly, we get a player during his prime on a rookie deal. If he doesn't develop quickly, he misses his prime.

He doesn't have wear and tear on his body of an NFL 25 year old though, people overlook that. Terrence Newman was old when he entered the NFL as well, does that mean he was a bad pick for the Cowboys? I would beg to differ.

Damix
04-29-2007, 08:59 PM
He doesn't have wear and tear on his body of an NFL 25 year old though, people overlook that. Terrence Newman was old when he entered the NFL as well, does that mean he was a bad pick for the Cowboys? I would beg to differ.

I never said it was a bad pick, but stop with wear and tear argument, you start sounding like TNewFan.

Hes more mature so he should develop quicker then your average corner, so he should hit his prime and be like any other draft pick, except cheaper in his prime years. The problem is if hes a late bloomer in the NFL then that will eat into his prime years.

Its both good and bad, just like picking Okoye was good and bad because he is so young.

ricky bobby
04-29-2007, 09:23 PM
QFT.

He'll be a starter next year. There is no way McQuarters or Madison beat him out. He had pretty impressive stats during his senior year and won the Thorpe award for best d-back in college. 19 passes broken up, 6 INTs and plenty of clutch plays.

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 09:33 PM
TE Kevin Boss said that Giants were his first choice of teams to get drafted by. Dunno if that is BS or what. Could just be saying the right things now that he is a Giant. A little weird for a kid from the other side of the country to have his first choice be us. I hope its true though. Get him pumped up to play for us.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 09:38 PM
TE Kevin Boss said that Giants were his first choice of teams to get drafted by. Dunno if that is BS or what. Could just be saying the right things now that he is a Giant. A little weird for a kid from the other side of the country to have his first choice be us. I hope its true though. Get him pumped up to play for us.

Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of Giants fans across the country.

I can sware I remember seeing an article of him saying the Giants were his favorite team growing up. Could be wrong about this though.

I think Boss should pan out well. I mean, Pope is an amazing Tight End coach, so he should be able to improve his blocking like he has done with Shiancoe and Shockey.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I want to see DeOssie on the field. I would love to give him a try at WILL, but I doubt he can make the transition. He's worth a try though. We've got a wide variety of linebackers now.

If Underwood and Ross can develop, we have a nice CB duo too. Now we just need to bolster that safety position on defense, and we're good to go.

As for our immediate future, it could very well rest on the play of Guy Whimper. Our Tackle situation is gonna make us or break us.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I want to see DeOssie on the field. I would love to give him a try at WILL, but I doubt he can make the transition. He's worth a try though. We've got a wide variety of linebackers now.

If Underwood and Ross can develop, we have a nice CB duo too. Now we just need to bolster that safety position on defense, and we're good to go.

As for our immediate future, it could very well rest on the play of Guy Whimper. Our Tackle situation is gonna make us or break us.

It's a cold day in Hell when the fate of the Giants franchise rests on a man named, "Guy Whimper".

Of course I'm over exagerating, but still - I find it ironic.

I disagree slightly, I mean, if we have a really poor season, there are some good Left Tackles in the upcoming draft, and if the rumors of us getting Shafer are correct, I think we'd be okay.

Edit: I now realize the context you put it in was for this season, not the future. Still, I think Diehl can be a respectable LT for us this year until we can get a franchise one.

Number 10
04-29-2007, 09:59 PM

Him and Pope developed a pretty tight relationship, might have something to do with it.

hugegmenfan
04-29-2007, 10:01 PM
It's a cold day in Hell when the fate of the Giants franchise rests on a man named, "Guy Whimper".

Of course I'm over exagerating, but still - I find it ironic.

I disagree slightly, I mean, if we have a really poor season, there are some good Left Tackles in the upcoming draft, and if the rumors of us getting Shafer are correct, I think we'd be okay.

Edit: I now realize the context you put it in was for this season, not the future. Still, I think Diehl can be a respectable LT for us this year until we can get a franchise one.

im very excited the rumors of us getting kevin shaffer are true. that makes this draft seem a lot better. hopefully we can give up may be a 4th rounder next year and unload reggie torbor who im sure they would have a place for, because we dont now with Zak DeOssie who i am verrrrrry excited about. hes probably 2nd round value but went day 2 only because he played ivy league. hes fast as hell for a LB and has a huge frame. anyway back on topic- i would like to learn and examine the progress or lack of progress made by guy whimper but despite where he is it would be very wise for us to get shaffer- a good veteran guy who plays better than his nautural ability because he works hard.

Profound
04-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Way late for draft imput but...

GREAT DRAFT!

Ross addresses two needs at once. A talented cornerback with shutdown potential and good hands (which we desperately need) and after releasing Morton we now have our return specialist.

Smith gives us four strong recievers and with Tiki gone, Eli needs serious weapons. We now have three recievers (Plax, Moss, Smith) that have serious seperation ability. I can see now without Tiki and the power running option us going to a 4 wide set with 4 recievers that are all real threats to a defense and either of our running backs able to break through the line and put test shoulders against the much weaker DBs. Just dangerous...

The thing that's great about Alford that nobody's mentioned is this. We live in the NFC East. The same house as the "fumble when panicked" Romo, the rookie Campbell, and the pass happy McNabb. A successful pass rushing DT is a great tool for us in this division. With the success of our DEs, if Alford works along with them it could leave a lot of options open to our Linebacking core in regards to coverage. I love the pick.

We all love DeOssie for obvious reasons, so I don't have much to say there.

Boss is a talented recieving tight end that's does well as a blocker and has the ability to get MUCH better at it. Another TE with hands really takes our redzone options to a new level.

LT was a need a Koets was successful at the position in college. Is very athletic and has the size to gain the strength he needs to be successful at this level. I look forward to seeing his progression.

Johnson is a talented good tackler. When he starts he'll be a big help against he run (which is a need) but also has the ability to play the pass well. Another talent I look forward to seeing the progression of.

As for Bradshaw, we all knew we needed a running back. Bradshaw has great visions, great hands, and can be a third down threat. Why him over Walker? I'm sure they saw something in Bradshaw. Walker isn't really explosive and as Scott was saying isn't really speed or power. His great hands aren't enough for us to take him. Despite the character flaws, Bradshaw has shown that he has the talent to come across well in the NFL. 1500+ yrds and 19 TDs. I know it wasn't against the best, but that's still impressive on any level. And in the 7th rnd, the tail end of the 7th, still a good pick (if the character issues don't come back up).

All and all, I believe it was an excellent draft and am really looking forward to the new year.

liquidswords
04-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Here's what Mel Kiper said about our draft:

New York Giants: GRADE: C-
I would have gone differently with the Giants' draft. Cornerback Aaron Ross has very good ball skills but not great catchup speed. I was surprised they didn't take left tackle Joe Staley because they need someone who can protect Eli Manning's blind side. The Giants took offensive tackle Adam Koets in the sixth round and even passed on left tackle Jermon Bushrod. If they had taken Staley, they could have drafted Eric Wright from UNLV instead of WR Steve Smith. I would rather have had Staley and Wright, but Smith is a good receiver and will be someone who holds onto the ball. Zak DeOssie was a really good long snapper in college and, at worst, will be a backup linebacker in the NFL. Kevin Boss (fifth round) is a natural pass-catching tight end with speed and has a chance to make an impact in the passing game. Safety Michael Johnson was a good pick in the seventh round but needs to be more physical.

God I hate that guy....

Forenci
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I think Kiper was just mad we didn't take Joe Staley, because that's a guy he was really high on. I'm not sure if I would want Eric Wright in the second round because of his character issues.

Bradshaw is different because he's a 7th Round pick and you can immediately cut him if anything comes up.

I really like this draft for us, and it's growing on me ever day I think about it more.

Damix
04-30-2007, 12:07 PM
As usual, Kiper knows his talent, but he doesn't know his NFL teams, Giants never take bad character guys on day 1, if at all in the draft

Giantsfan1080
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I know since Cleveland took him they are going to defend but it really did sound like Eric Wright's character concerns were really overblown.

Jughead10
04-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I know since Cleveland took him they are going to defend but it really did sound like Eric Wright's character concerns were really overblown.

I dunno man. Date Rape and then finding a ton of ectasy pills in your apartment. Sounds a bit much for me.

Giantsfan1080
04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I dunno man. Date Rape and then finding a ton of ectasy pills in your apartment. Sounds a bit much for me.

They had Phil Savage on tv earlier and he was talking about the problem. He did have that once incident but it was dismissed. Also, he could have easily found trouble playing in Las Vegas but he stayed clean. He went to a catholic school in high school and was a honor roll student there. Who knows what actually happened but I bet he'll stay out of trouble.

hugegmenfan
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Here's what Mel Kiper said about our draft:

New York Giants: GRADE: C-
I would have gone differently with the Giants' draft. Cornerback Aaron Ross has very good ball skills but not great catchup speed. I was surprised they didn't take left tackle Joe Staley because they need someone who can protect Eli Manning's blind side. The Giants took offensive tackle Adam Koets in the sixth round and even passed on left tackle Jermon Bushrod. If they had taken Staley, they could have drafted Eric Wright from UNLV instead of WR Steve Smith. I would rather have had Staley and Wright, but Smith is a good receiver and will be someone who holds onto the ball. Zak DeOssie was a really good long snapper in college and, at worst, will be a backup linebacker in the NFL. Kevin Boss (fifth round) is a natural pass-catching tight end with speed and has a chance to make an impact in the passing game. Safety Michael Johnson was a good pick in the seventh round but needs to be more physical.

God I hate that guy....

mel kiper is a piece of sh1t- the guy is so inferior to mike mayock its outstanding. the former gm of the colts even said about 10 years ago "Who the hell is Mel Kiper? My mailman knows more about the draft than he does." haha i laughed when i saw that interview for the 1st time. giants fans all agree basically we had a productive and good draft taking players with character, cept bradshaw but hes a 7th rounder, experience and skill.

Jughead10
04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
They had Phil Savage on tv earlier and he was talking about the problem. He did have that once incident but it was dismissed. Also, he could have easily found trouble playing in Las Vegas but he stayed clean. He went to a catholic school in high school and was a honor roll student there. Who knows what actually happened but I bet he'll stay out of trouble.

I don't know what going to a catholic school means when it comes to having good character. St. Pat's, St. Anthony's, If you can play you will go to big catholic schools.

scottyboy
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
dude catholic high schools maybe worse than public ones. many are high profile schools(like st pats, st peters prep etc) with sports a main priority. the only character issue we got in this draft was bradshaw, in round 7 and he may not even make the team.

Staley is Whimper 2.0 sorta- both athletic, but played for small schools and are TE's turned LT

hugegmenfan
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
in scott's analysis of steve smith he says how smith can not separate from coverage a lot and is not a vertical threat. this makes me nervous because i actually thought he was a guy who could do that. that was the problem with our WR last year. thoughts?

Number 10
04-30-2007, 08:26 PM
in scott's analysis of steve smith he says how smith can not separate from coverage a lot and is not a vertical threat. this makes me nervous because i actually thought he was a guy who could do that. that was the problem with our WR last year. thoughts?

He can get initial seperation because he has a very quick first few steps. Downfield seperation is another story because he is not that fast....he is fast enough (faster than anyone we have not named Sinorice) though to make some plays downfield. But he will get open in the short and intermediate routes because he has nice initial explosion.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Im surprised at how some people are ripping our draft? I loved our draft. I thought Reese did an amazing job. He didn't get any player I had in any of my mocks, but that doesn't mean it was a bad draft. I think this draft class is gonna have an immediate impact as well as a great long term impact as well.

I love the direction he went. Yet when I turn on the radio etc, I hear Giant fans disappointed. Some even have the gaul to say that Accorsi did better. Its frustrating, being a diehard Giant fan, I don't get why so many fans loved EA so much. So far, I like Reese 10X more.

Giantsfan1080
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Im surprised at how some people are ripping our draft? I loved our draft. I thought Reese did an amazing job. He didn't get any player I had in any of my mocks, but that doesn't mean it was a bad draft. I think this draft class is gonna have an immediate impact as well as a great long term impact as well.

I love the direction he went. Yet when I turn on the radio etc, I hear Giant fans disappointed. Some even have the gaul to say that Accorsi did better. Its frustrating, being a diehard Giant fan, I don't get why so many fans loved EA so much. So far, I like Reese 10X more.

Yeah I was very suprised that some people were killing us also. As mostly everyone already said I think Reese did an excellent job in his first draft. I think a lot of the Giants fan just don't realize how good some of the guys we drafted are. When they start to do well everyone will change their tune quickly.

dhoe20
04-30-2007, 09:49 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18388436/ A-, top 3 best drafts
Kiper & Douche Co. gave us a c-
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6752446 B+
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-nfcdraftgrades043007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Idiot Robinson gave us a C
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/04/29/draft.report.card/3.html
Douchebag Giant-hating Dr. Z gave us a B-
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=gradingthenfldraft&prov=tsn&type=lgns
Scouting News Draft War room goes A-

The grades are all over the place.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah I was very suprised that some people were killing us also. As mostly everyone already said I think Reese did an excellent job in his first draft. I think a lot of the Giants fan just don't realize how good some of the guys we drafted are. When they start to do well everyone will change their tune quickly.

What I love the most is that I was stressing character and instincts the whole offseason.

I wanted smart high character guys who spend time in the film room who are great leaders and play with great instincts.

We got those guys. All of em outside of Bradshaw fit the bill. I love that.

On top of that, we had a great balance of filling needs with talent, and we got guys who fit the system. Fitting the system is half the battle, and after seeing years of Accorsi drafts, that was something we rarely saw out of EA.

I loved our draft. Just thinking about it gets me excited about the future.

Shockey80
04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I think that a lot of people underrated WR as a need for us, and didnt realize that Kiwinuka was going to switch to LB

joepas171
04-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Finally we have guys making the right decisions (Coughlin included).
I will not argue with any of the moves they have made this offseason.

I give them a solid A!

APPLAUSE FOR OUR FRONT OFFICE. Lets keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jughead10
05-01-2007, 07:23 AM
People are ripping the draft because guys like Kiper don't know whats going on in the NFL. Kiper thinks we desperately needed a LT. Sure LT was one of our needs but it wasn't glaring. Our O-line gave up 25 sacks last year I believe. That tied with Chicago at 6th best. 8 came in one game when Luke was still playing. That means minus the Eagles game we gave up 17 sacks in 15 games. Half of that time with Whitfield at LT. Thats pretty f'ing good. I know that doesn't tell the whole story as you can still get pressure without the sack and most times thats good enough, but still we did well there.

For Kiper to kill our draft for not taking Staley instead of Ross or that LT from Towson instead of DeOssie is extremely shortsighted on his part. Seriously, is that LT from Towson any better than Whimper is?

Like Damix said before, Kiper knows his prospects and his rankings are extremely good, but he has no idea whats going on with individual teams in the NFL.

Shockey80
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Eli is a large part in why the sack totals are so low however

bigbluedefense
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
That stat is not a reflection of what really happened though. Eli was hurried early and often, and a large reason why his INT total skyrocketed was because he threw up INTs rather than taking sacks.

And Coughlin did nothing to make things easier. When your LT goes down, you make the routes shorter and introduce more 3 step drops to ease the effect.

Did we do any of that? No. We kept doing 5 step drop, everyone go deep ********. No adjustment to the scheme to help the offense.

Ugh....he better step it up as a coach this year, or he'll be on the unemployment line.

ricky bobby
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Don't take what Kiper says to heart. Honestly, who knows more about the Giants, Kiper or Reese? Kiper might know a thing or two about the prospects, but he doesn't know crap about team needs.

iKNOW
05-04-2007, 03:19 AM
revis was the best cover corner this year - no contest. ross is solid but not a lock down guy. also he isnt that strong on run support. the second best rookie CB out there IMHO.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Just to bring this back, it's crazy how many people were against Ross.

Also, I gotta give credit for BBD and 10 for really predicting how well this draft class was going to turn out.

Jughead10
04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Just to bring this back, it's crazy how many people were against Ross.

Also, I gotta give credit for BBD and 10 for really predicting how well this draft class was going to turn out.

I remember the main issue always being his age. No one expected him to contribute like he did this year. But since he matured so quickly on the field, age doesn't seem that big of a deal anymore.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I remember the main issue always being his age. No one expected him to contribute like he did this year. But since he matured so quickly on the field, age doesn't seem that big of a deal anymore.

I'll agree to that. Though, I think that a large part of his success this year can be attributed to his age as well.

Jughead10
04-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I'll agree to that. Though, I think that a large part of his success this year can be attributed to his age as well.

Looking back on it I killed the Cowboys and Redskins draft. Killed the Redskins for taking a safety. Landry is a stud but still don't like the fact of two safeties making that much money back there. D-line is still more important. Said it then and our team this year even proved it more. It is still a huge need for the Skins. Although that pick does work out better with Sean's passing.

And I still don't think Spencer is anything great for the Cowboys.

And I loved Boss the and I love him now.