PDA

View Full Version : Real Football Is Back !

suposed2bsweated
04-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Barry Sanders Comes Out of Retirement

All-Pro Football 2K8 announces roster of historic players.

By Todd Zuniga, 04/26/2007
Possibly the worst-kept secrets in sports gaming has been revealed: 2K Sports announced today that All-Pro Football 2K8 will, in fact, feature all-pro historical players. The line-up isn't gimpy, either. We first heard about studs like John Elway, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice and Reggie White being part of the game, but a quick check of the All-Pro Football 2K8 website reveals a seriously packed line-up of gridiron studs.

Without access to the NFL license, because of the NFL's exclusivity deal with EA, 2K Sports had to get creative to sell their game. Now you can have Johnny Unitas gunslinging to Ben Coates. Or watch Gale Sayers split open defenses.

"With All-Pro Football 2K8, we're bringing the greatest players in football history back to the game," said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. "Imagine an offense featuring John Elway, Thurman Thomas and Jerry Rice going against a defense led by Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletary and Reggie White. By highlighting the signature abilities of the game's greatest legends, we have created a highly customizable and unique football experience tailored for the football fan."

"It's great to be back not only 'playing' the game I've loved my entire life, but now I get to compete with and against the best players of all time," said Jerry Rice, the legendary wide receiver and all-time career leader in pass receptions, yards and touchdowns. "2K Sports has a proud legacy of making the best football games and this one is no exception. I'm proud to be part of the All-Pro Football 2K8 team."

The legends take the field this summer on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Game informer magazine has great pics but you have to be a subscriber to access them online if anyone can post would be great!

http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159024
http://www.2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

ccB
04-29-2007, 01:56 AM
This is a must buy, I hope there is a fantasy draft feature.

dabears10
04-29-2007, 02:01 AM
It's only Fantasy draft if i can reiiterate what i read correctly. I think its a smart concept but not sure how it is implemented.

Creek
04-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Finaly, we can play with "gridiron studs" like Yancy Thigpen, Reggie Cobb, and Bubby Brister again. This has been a long time coming.

KCJ58
04-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Finaly, we can play with "gridiron studs" like Yancy Thigpen, Reggie Cobb, and Bubby Brister again. This has been a long time coming.

haha ur the greatest Creek

nobodyinparticular
04-29-2007, 03:00 AM

I can't wait to control Willie Gault and Jack Trudeau.

Jimmy
04-29-2007, 07:27 AM
god madden sucks

DuckHunt
04-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Vince Young > Barry Sanders.

What are you guys seriously thinking?

NickBam
04-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Andre Ware and Brian Bosworth are in the game, I really hope Ryan Leaf is as well.

Shiver
04-30-2007, 01:59 AM
It was a sad day when NFL2K was taken down by the NFL.