PDA

View Full Version : We pass up Ryan Kalil to take Josh Wilson

Tubby
04-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I for one am pissed the **** off.

Tubby
04-28-2007, 09:40 PM
And we pass up Ben Patrick to take Brandon Mebane. The hawks just dont have their priorities straight.

AdrianWilson12
04-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Didn't you draft Spencer in the 1st a few years ago to be your C of the future? Why do you need Kalil?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Congrats Josh Wilson IMO was a top 3 corner in this draft, Kalil would have been terrific but Wilson is no slum, he is 10x the prospect of Kelly Jennings. If he were 2 inches taller he would be a top 10 pick, he is an explosive return man, bone crushing hitter, and true play maker with his ball skills.

Tubby
04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Didn't you draft Spencer in the 1st a few years ago to be your C of the future? Why do you need Kalil?

Spencer can move over and play guard.

etk
04-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Are you sure you're not pissed because Stanback was taken in the 4th before the 'Hawks had a chance to get Slash2?

Yung Flippa
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Congrats Josh Wilson IMO was a top 3 corner in this draft, Kalil would have been terrific but Wilson is no slum, he is 10x the prospect of Kelly Jennings. If he were 2 inches taller he would be a top 10 pick, he is an explosive return man, bone crushing hitter, and true play maker with his ball skills.

i agree, i mean if you guys passed on him
The Ravens would have jumped all over him

Frozenropers
05-12-2007, 10:59 AM
And we pass up Ben Patrick to take Brandon Mebane. The hawks just dont have their priorities straight.

Ahhhh, Tubby, maybe it was just your draft board that was messed up.

Hawks had a solid draft........outside of that little trade they made......with San Fran.

iloxygenil
05-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't be happy with taking Wilson either. A lot of people on this board had him rated WAY higher than I, or anyone else in terms of rankings. This board hyped him up, and too much. Top3 corner? C'mon now...you're on something really good and need to share that.

Revis, Hall, Houston, Ross, Wright (in terms of on the field activities) Those guys EASILY grade higher than Wilson...if what you want is just pure speed, Wilson isn't the tops for that either, but if it's what you want and you think he's that fast, then go out and get Ahmad Carrol and see how well that will work out for you...

KBN570
05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
I had a chance to meet Josh while working with the media at the combine. He lacks ideal size, but he's one of the most athletic corners in the draft and more than anything he's smart. Was an award winner for top academic football player in the ACC! He's insightful and a student of the game. He may not be a hall of famer or ever a pro bowler, but he will be an asset to the team for a decade at least... stop whining and be happy with a heck of a football player.

simms2clayton
06-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Mebane is a beast.

Geo
06-19-2007, 12:57 PM
It's a good thing Tubby isn't making personnel decisions on behalf of the Seahawks.

X Dah Creator
01-20-2008, 03:02 PM
I remember this, anyone know how Kalil did during the regular season? Didn't hear too much about him after the pre-season. Mebane > Ben all day but that still does not erase the fact that we need a TE badly.

jballa838
01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
It's a good thing Tubby isn't making personnel decisions on behalf of the Seahawks.
yeah, i dont think we'd do well.