http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

My Boi.

Moses
04-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Landry and the Reaper...insanity.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Landry and the Reaper...insanity.

Who gives a hoot if we can't cause pressure Landry and Taylor will be amazing to watch.

critesy
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
im hoping it'll be something like off the movie mighty ducks 3? maybe where there is the bash brothers and they just knock the ... out of people and then they get all pumped and started going crazy together.

ahhhh yes :)

703SKINS202
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
i thought if we stayed at 6 this is who we'd get so its not a surprise, i think it was the right choice with the players left. landry will really help taylor cause now sean can just be a true fs, taylor too many times had to come up for the hit after a rb ran through our line and lb's, landry is a great tackler who can play up in the box and really help stop the run. i also think his atleticism will help his deep coverage develop after some experience in the nfl. the only problem i had with the draft was that we werent able to trade out of the 6 with ap and quinn still left, hopefulyl skins had balls though and rejected trades they felt were weak. also dont really understand the palmer pick, thought we really coulda used one of our late rounders to try and find a gaurd with some potential

skinzzfan25
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Well saying that Quinn fell to 21, doesn't look like anybody wanted to trade anyway...

We took the best defensive player in the draft, I'm not complaining.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Who gives a hoot if we can't cause pressure Landry and Taylor will be amazing to watch.

I think with this move, Washington should go back to a more blitz heavy defense.

Because with the lack of pressure from the dline, this team will need to do some blitzing to make up for it. With safetys like Taylor and Landry, you can do it more often and not worry about the deepball as much.

Safety blitzes should be happening quite often as well. Imagine being an offense and trying to figure out which safety is gonna come on teh blitz?

I like Marcus Washington puttin his hand on the dirt as a DE more often this upcoming year as well.

Andre Carter needs to have a big year. Kedric Golston's development is key as well. Theyre gonna need his interior pressure.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I think Andre Carter will be huge this year, but even if he gets 8+ sacks he needs help from the other side. Phillip needs to continue to be solid and hopefully Hickman can do something. Also front office said that we will acquire a DE through trade, guys we have been targeting have been Derrick Burgess and Alex Brown but IMO they are too costly, a more subtle addition would be much needed.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
I think Andre Carter will be huge this year, but even if he gets 8+ sacks he needs help from the other side. Phillip needs to continue to be solid and hopefully Hickman can do something. Also front office said that we will acquire a DE through trade, guys we have been targeting have been Derrick Burgess and Alex Brown but IMO they are too costly, a more subtle addition would be much needed.

Any news of what Williams plans on doing? Is he gonna stick with the Cover 2 scheme, or go back to more man coverage blitzing?

I think the current roster is more suited towards man coverage blitzing.

But then again, I hate Cover 2/Tampa 2, so I have a bias.

boisefan
04-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Any news of what Williams plans on doing? Is he gonna stick with the Cover 2 scheme, or go back to more man coverage blitzing?

I think the current roster is more suited towards man coverage blitzing.

But then again, I hate Cover 2/Tampa 2, so I have a bias.

Williams loves to Blitz, and I believe if we stay healthy, and use Taylor/Landry smart, that we can have a good, solid defence this year.

I agree though, we definitly need to blitz more, you cant get pressure dropping everyone back and having a 4 man rush.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
You got the real bash em brothers this year. Congrats on getting probably my favorite player in this year's draft.

boisefan
05-02-2007, 09:52 PM
You got the real bash em brothers this year. Congrats on getting probably my favorite player in this year's draft.

ty, He is a great defensive player...im probably going to post some youtube video's of him once my internet speeds up... stupid dial up :mad:

reese
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
dear redskins,

can we please have sean taylor?...im sure he wants to come back home.

ty,
miami fan

Woody56
05-15-2007, 11:22 PM
edit ,,,,,,,

d34ng3l021
05-30-2007, 02:30 AM
So I am pretty pissed that you guys took Laron Landry from within our grasps. I mean, I am learning to cope with the Jamaal Anderson pick as it is...but you guys? I mean wtf...You guys dont even need a ****in safety.

Way to vault yourself to my most despised team outside the NFC South.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
So I am pretty pissed that you guys took Laron Landry from within our grasps. I mean, I am learning to cope with the Jamaal Anderson pick as it is...but you guys? I mean wtf...You guys dont even need a ****in safety.

Way to vault yourself to my most despised team outside the NFC South.

We didn't need a safety???? Vernon Fox is a good starting safety???? I bet you don't even know who he is.

d34ng3l021
05-30-2007, 08:27 PM
We didn't need a safety???? Vernon Fox is a good starting safety???? I bet you don't even know who he is.

But DL was so much of a bigger need.

skinzzfan25
05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
But DL was so much of a bigger need.

We now have the secondary and linebackers to run some of GWs exotic blitz packages. Look back at 04 and 05, almost none of the sacks came from the defensive line positions. Pressure caused by McIntosh and Washington from the edge will cause more bad passes and chances for our DBs to make a play.

Last year (except post-brunell) the offense was terrible. We almost never played with a lead. GW is a lot more open and crazier with his blitzes when we have a lead and a margin for error.

Plus, Salave'a is back along with Springs. No way in hell should Carlos Rogers be your #1 corner with Ade Jimoh #2. That just spells failure. With a solidified SS (PP, heck even Stoutmire and eventually Landry), Taylor can freeroam and get back to headhuntin. Don't get me wrong, DL is a need. We are probably going to get somebody after June 1st cuts, but no big splash. But there is no way we pass on the best defensive player in the draft, to pick some guy who had one hot year. Landry was a 4 year starter at LSU, I watched a lot of gamefilm and rarely saw him get beat deep.

Landry>Andersen.

d34ng3l021
05-31-2007, 12:14 AM
You had no idea how depressed I was draft day. I hope Jamaal Anderson wins DROTY and Laron busts. Just to prove you wrong.

But I guess it does make sense. Just a bit of sense.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
With 1 pick 1 player, will not make a difference so we took the best available defender.

skinzzfan25
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
You had no idea how depressed I was draft day. I hope Jamaal Anderson wins DROTY and Laron busts. Just to prove you wrong.

But I guess it does make sense. Just a bit of sense.

4 year college starter vs 1 year wonder.

The odds aren't in your favor to say the least.

BTW, I don't think Anderson will bust. He has all the potential in the world, he's just a little too raw for me at this point.

HoopsDemon12
06-16-2007, 02:43 PM
whenever i hear his name i just keep seeing him SMOKE that bama QB .. over and over and over again... wow i want him ... lucky skin fans

d34ng3l021
06-17-2007, 09:22 PM
This is just the beginning...

critesy
06-17-2007, 10:20 PM
of... ?

wawawoowowowa (10 chars)

McBain
07-31-2007, 06:03 PM
im hoping it'll be something like off the movie mighty ducks 3? maybe where there is the bash brothers and they just knock the ... out of people and then they get all pumped and started going crazy together.

ahhhh yes :)

do you think Al Saunders has the flying V in his play book?

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Dam, I read somewhere that LL is playin with the first team in the upcoming game against the Titans. I think it was an article on redskins.com but I could be wrong. Anyway, they talked about him getting many looks at a versatile NFL QB in Young, and NFL quality receivers.

Go across the middle, I dare you...

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Hows Laron doing

skinzzfan25
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Solid, nobody has really tested the middle with his coverage skills.

We'll find out this weekend against the Lions, they have to pass.

d34ng3l021
10-03-2007, 02:33 AM
lol. I dont know whether its his coverage skills or the fact that he and Sean Taylor are there.

What is your pass defense ranked?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Best move we ever made was drafting Landry instead of Okoye, funny though how everyone was so against the Landry trade other than Skins fans. Our D-line is fine with 2 young potential starters after Griffin in Monty and Golston, Landry however is a difference maker.

skinzzfan25
10-04-2007, 07:15 PM
lol. I dont know whether its his coverage skills or the fact that he and Sean Taylor are there.

What is your pass defense ranked?

13th in passing. 9th in rushing.

TigerBait45
10-05-2007, 12:53 AM
I can remember watching LaRon as a freshman at LSU and thinking "Wow, this guy is going to be special."

..I want him back.

703SKINS202
11-27-2007, 02:24 PM
With the tragedy of Sean Taylor dieing I really think that this kid can help ease of the pain of Sean's death. I have a good feeling that Laron is going to step up into the redskins fans hearts just like Sean did and I really look for him to carry the memory of Sean Taylor into a new era of his own greatness..... maybe im just really ****** up right now but i hope it can happen