PDA

View Full Version : Your Bucs Day One Grade

Beans
04-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Bucs-

Gaines Adams- Adams has been #3 on my draft board for a while, after Johnson and Okoye. I was really disappointed to not get CJ, and I hoped we would trade Gaines for him. When we didn't, I was even more disappointed we didn't take Okoye. This really shouldn't take away from the pick, because it is a good one, as Gaines is the pure pass rusher we need, but Johnson and Okoye have been my favorites.

Sears- When they announced this pick, I was all like 'wtf'. Our guards are pretty solid, although Buenning is injured. Sears can also play tackle, which could be good if Petitgout doesn't pan out. However, with Leonard, Kalil, and Weddle still on the board, I really wanted one of them, and they were gone before our next pick.

Piscaletti- I wanted Mebane or Hughes. We got Piscaletti. He looks good, he could be a great safety in the mold of John Lynch. (The guy can hit.) Still, some of my favorite players were on the board, Mebane and Hughes.

Black- Again, disappointment. We signed Cato June, which I thought took care of our OLB need. Black looks like he has the speed to take over Brook's spot at WLB whenever he retires, but once again, we pass on Hughes and Mebane, who have now been taken later in the third.

Realistically, we have a pretty good draft going here. However, we missed out on some guys who I thought would be really good. I'm disappointed, but hopefully we can get a DT, WR, and more DB depth in Day 2. B.

-black
04-29-2007, 08:19 AM
I hate the Sears pick. Good player, not a pressing need. Kalil should have been the pick.

I give us a C+ with a chance to improve to a B depending on today

YoJoeBucsFan
04-29-2007, 08:22 AM
D
Sears would have been a good pick if we had a quality OL coach.
Adams will be decent
Sabby will be decent
Black was a waste

Watchman
04-29-2007, 09:04 AM
It is a C at this point.

I'm content, but not overwhelmed with Adams, but really that was the only pick at 4.

Sears is solid, but I think there were plenty of talented D players that filled more pressing needs, or Kalil would have made more sense.

I'm glad they addressed safety because I thought it was a big need, but I thought DT was a bigger need that has yet to be addressed.

I hate the Black pick, and it has nothing to do with the player. With Brooks, Winborn, and June the Bucs have 3 WLB capable of starting. Why add another?

ks_perfection
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
D.

Gaines is decent, BPA but not what I was hoping for.

Sears is a alright, he will make a very good guard but we didn't need one, should have gone Kali.

Sab, decent, we needed a S even though I wasn't too high on this guy.

Black dreadful, like Watch said what will we use him for?

-black
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
draft should have been

1. Adams
2 a. Kalil
2 b. Charles Johnson
3. BPA at Safety

ks_perfection
04-29-2007, 03:55 PM
draft should have been

1. Adams
2 a. Kalil
2 b. Charles Johnson
3. BPA at Safety

Or use all the picks on CJ. the first 3 for the Calvin and the last one for Charles.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Buenning is moving to Center. We had Sears visit, If he was there man, we now have a need at LG, So it makes sense.

Adams wouldn't be my top choice, but with Grant off the market and Rice leaving next year it's not a bad pick.

I was mixed on Piscatelli, Then I heard an interview of his. He played the Cover Two in High School and its his favorite defense, Like most of our other picks, it really seemed like he wanted to play for the Bucs. He ended the interview by stating something to the extent of: "It doesn't matter to me If I start at day one, As long as I can say I was one of the Hardest Working players in the league." That's the kind of player we need on this team.

Quincy Black, It's not a terrible pick like others are saying, but it's certainly not great. He played the same scheme and position Brian Urlacher played(The "Lobo" Linebacker) so immediately he's gonna provide depth up the middle, but he has the speed to play WLB, so he can also be groomed to be Brooks' replacement.

Tanard Jackson - Could be a steal if groomed correctly. I'd like to see him replace Brian Kelly although he could easily become a FS. Good pick.

Greg Peterson - Is most likely going to be placed at UT. I like his size and if he gets developed correctly we could have a starter. I like his upside and how he plays now.

Adam Hayward - I don't really see the need of another Linebacker. I couldn't find much on him, But from I did find I think he fits good, just we have no need for him.

"ADAM HAYWARD Portland State 6’0” 235 Sr. OLB
Strong, fast and versatile. Has played ILB/OLB, DE and Safety. Transfer from Colorado State. Led team in tackles this season. A huge playmaker that has an amazing motor. Named DPOY this season. 2006: 104t, 16.5tfl, 9.5 sacks, 7pbu, qbh, FR, 3FF, SN All American, AP All American, All Big Sky"

http://www.martynmatt.blogspot.com/ <-Source

Chris Denman - Decent value in the 7th round, should be a depth guy.

Marcus Hamilton - Another Developmental guy who could be a decent Cover Two corner, as his biggest weakness(Speed) isn't a factor. He plays the run well and is good in the zone.

Kenneth Darby - Average Running Back. I'd rather have Earnest Graham get carries over him.

Summary: I really like how the Gruden/Allen co. drafted. The difference being we actually gave Monte Kiffin some help! The only things I'm iffy on are:

Did we actually get an impact DT?

Where will Hayward play?

No KR/PR?

But, from what I've seen from Hamilton I like, so these things are very minor,

GRADE: B+

Caddy
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Up to the 7th round compensatory picks I'm going to give the Buc's a B. It was a decent, sensible draft which could have been much better had the Buccaneers gone in different ways with each pick.

Beans
04-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I like the Kenneth Darby pick.

TwOne
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
D
Sears would have been a good pick if we had a quality OL coach.
Adams will be decent
Sabby will be decent
Black was a wastegod damn it did you have to come back?

simms2clayton
05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
god damn it did you have to come back?

LMFAO ROTFL