PDA

View Full Version : Everyone likes the Bears...

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

I still hope we cream the Cardinals though. :twisted:

moc182
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Nope, I was on the bandwagon before everyone and I'm not getting off.

Zim3031
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
It's still October.

sweetness34
10-16-2006, 07:07 PM
....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

Agreed on every note except for your Grossman comment. JP Losman 51...While he is overachieving he's better than Losman, and there's no question about that.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 07:07 PM
That's another thing. **** all these fairweather media fans and types that are ga-ga over us.

Tom Jackson: "The only question about Rex Grossman was if he could stay healthy".

THE ONLY QUESTION? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

How about the fact that he only started 7 games?

How about the fact that he hopes around in the pocket like a mexican jumping bean?

How about the fact that he tends to throw the ball directly into the chest cavities of opposing defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by what he's done so far, but to act like all these people liked Grossman before the season is just ********. Sean Salisbury too. Just shut up.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
The only thing that concerns me about the Bears:

1. How they were dismantled by the Panthers in the playoffs last year. That is not a good sign, they look unprepared, at home.

2. Grossman has the tenedency to makes mistakes, it's part of the high reward, big risk of how Turner uses him. Either it works great, but it may backfire at times.

Other than that, they are as balanced a team as any other. They are the team to beat, but I wouldn't buy Super Bowl tickets. But I like there chances more than last year's flavor of October, the Colts.

bearfan
10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
The only thing that concerns me about the Bears:

1. How they were dismantled by the Panthers in the playoffs last year. That is not a good sign, they look unprepared, at home.
2. Grossman has the tenedency to makes mistakes, it's part of the high reward, big risk of how Turner uses him. Either it works great, but it may backfire at times.

Other than that, they are as balanced a team as any other. They are the team to beat, but I wouldn't buy Super Bowl tickets. But I like there chances more than last year's flavor of October, the Colts.

Some of the reason we drafted Manning, and why we signed Manning Jr. and Wesley.

I agree w. the Grossman thing, now I know he isnt like Bret Favre, but he sorta does the same things at times. High risk/High Reward like you said

Geo
10-16-2006, 07:14 PM
I love the Bears' success, it's keeping the "inferior" Colts under the radar.

Please keep racking up those useless style points, Urlacher and company.

PS. Plus I'm glad Lovie Smith is increasing his contract extension by the win from the front office that refused to get it done earlier. He's now in 7-8 per territory.

sweetness34
10-16-2006, 07:14 PM
That's another thing. *********** all these fairweather media fans and types that are ga-ga over us.

Tom Jackson: "The only question about Rex Grossman was if he could stay healthy".

How about the fact that he hopes around in the pocket like a mexican jumping bean?

How about the fact that he tends to throw the ball directly into the chest cavities of opposing defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by what he's done so far, but to act like all these people liked Grossman before the season is just ***********. Sean Salisbury too. Just shut up.

Hey now...I was on the Rexy bandwagon from day one, and you can verfiy that 51. :D I mean I basically got plastered in the team forum for sticking up for Rex. What I do like though is that we've got Griese behind him as a security blanket.

We've won 5 games, whoopdy ******* dooo....Give us a cookie. We haven't proven anything yet. Sure we've got a talented team but after last year's playoffs, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

And btw, if you're wondering who voted no for the Bears being the best team in the NFL, I was the one who vote no.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I agree w. the Grossman thing, now I know he isnt like Bret Favre, but he sorta does the same things at times. High risk/High Reward like you said

I wish Greg "take a" Knapp used Vick like Turner uses Grossman. :x

OT

bearfan
10-16-2006, 07:22 PM

OT

:lol:

raiderfan4life
10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Solid Offense + Great Defense = SB XLI

Shiver
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Solid Offense + Great Defense = SB XLI

They have the ingredients, no doubt about it.

Brodeur
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
They are the best team right now, but I don't know if they can beat the Panthers in the playoffs.

The Unseen
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
They have the ingredients, no doubt about it.

No doubt, no doubt in my mind.

Geo
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
I lol'ed.

But seriously, I'm having trouble imagining the Atlanta WRs making the catches Berrian has made this year - Jenkins had his chance on Sunday, and he missed. Maybe Lelie, who from what I've seen of the Falcons this year looks to be the most sure-handed.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 07:31 PM
I agree, it's ugly, that Jenkins drop was the low point of the year for me. Ashley Lelie went from a disappointing, expendable WR in Denver, to the most sure handed WR in Atlanta.

Then again, I cannot see how a 2,900-yard, 7 YPA, 13 YPC, 2:1 TD2INT ratio QB, can regress like he has. Something is very wrong, the O-Line cannot pass protect, the receivers cannot catch, and the Quarterback doesn't trust the scheme. Seriously, not one component deserves blame, the whole offense is lost.

Geo
10-16-2006, 07:32 PM
(not to derail the thread . . . )

Mora Jr. has already singled it out as a disappointment, so I suspect it will be a vested point of development in the coming days and weeks.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
I hope so, something has to change.

Any way, back on topic, the love for the Bears is justified. But it's way too early for any kind of prognostication as the playoffs are concerned.

Geo
10-16-2006, 07:47 PM
You mean like Iron Mike Ditka comparing them to the '85 team in the MNF intro? :lol:

Shiver
10-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Well, okay, I will quantify that statement:

"best team in the NFL"
"team to beat"

= Acceptable

"They are going run the table"
"They are on par with the '85 Bears"

= Not accpetable

RCAChainGang
10-16-2006, 07:55 PM

PS. Plus I'm glad Lovie Smith is increasing his contract extension by the win from the front office that refused to get it done earlier. He's now in 7-8 per territory.

Agreed, I didn't like it when the colts were expected of so much. Now teams aren't seeing them as good as they used to be. When you go into the playoffs with homefield advantage everyone is thinking that they got to do something different.

SevenNationArmy
10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
If the Bears are so great how come they just got owned by Matt Leinart?

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Becuase we aren't that great. And becuase **** happens sometimes. That is completely my point, although the reverse reaction is just as stupid. Just because the Cardinals had a drive on us doesn't make us a bad defense either. It's that kneejerk reaction that pisses me off.

sweetness34
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM

Shut the **** up....

Geo
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
One drive does not a game make. :lol:

Vince Lombardi
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I love the bears, they're my favorite team of alltime actually.

In all seriousness I have alot of doubts about the bears still. The fact that they have the easiest schedule in the history of football and all they've done so far is whoop on bad teams (except Seattle who is a good team but played like a bad team without their mvp) is just setting them up for an early playoff exit once they go up against somebody on their level. There, ya happy 51. :P

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure if it sets us up for an early exit, but it definately doesn't preclude it. People act like we're going to roll through the NFC based off of our ability to beat the piss out of the Bills and the Lions. I have no problem saying we're the best team in the NFC right now, but that and 50 cents will get you a bag of chips.

Go Blue
10-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Wow 14 points real quick look out :)

LonghornsLegend
10-16-2006, 08:19 PM
i agree i was on the bandwagon last year to start the season and win the superbowl, they fell short but i still have a seat on the bandwagon and i dont care who thinks i just jumped on :D

reason everyone is so in love, is cause when you have the best defense in the league, last year as well, your considered a very good team even if the offense is mediocre, but when you have a defense like them AND have the #1 offense, things are going good....especially when rookies out of nowhere start leading the league in sacks and a defense you couldnt think would get any better did....

2 rb's with great talent, a healthy rex playing excellent, and 2 wr's who complement eachother perfectly..id say if they dont at least GO to the super bowl something is wrong....

not sure who is dominating the AFC like that yet, but its still up in the air to me as to who makes it....id put my money on baltimore to go if healthy

The Unseen
10-16-2006, 08:20 PM
People. There isn't a gameday thread for nothing.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
I want to note that the poll started off as 17-4.

17 of 21 people thought we were the best team in the NFL. It will be interesting to see how that changes as the Cardinals are now handing us our asses.

Vince Lombardi
10-16-2006, 08:28 PM
AND have the #1 offense

OVERRATED

cgf
10-16-2006, 08:39 PM
That's another thing. *********** all these fairweather media fans and types that are ga-ga over us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by what he's done so far, but to act like all these people liked Grossman before the season is just ***********. Sean Salisbury too. Just shut up.

I told you that Rex would be a beast.

LonghornsLegend
10-16-2006, 08:55 PM
AND have the #1 offense

OVERRATED

if your #1 your #1, that overrated term is exactly that, overrated....

funny things is you didnt feel the need to come in and post that until 2nite, people and their opinions are just like seesaws...the bears still have a great offense, and rex is still very good regardless of what 2nite shows....

no grossman is not the best thing ever at qb, but the bears are still the best team in football....

Boston
10-16-2006, 08:55 PM
AND have the #1 offense

OVERRATED

Very.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
That sound you hear is the enitre USA jumping off the bandwagon.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Jesus christ I'm a prophet.

Hurricane Ditka
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Jesus christ I'm a prophet.Or a curse bringer.

TitleTown088
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
everyone likes the bears?
I hate the ******* bears almost as much as the vikings. Not every like them.

Zim3031
10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
This may sound crazy, but I actually feel more confident in the Bears after this horrible showing. Everyone with half a brain knew they weren't going undefeated. And maybe now the ridiculous hype will go away.

I think they'll at least make a game out of it in the 2nd half. they'll be fine.

sweetness34

Thank god. I'd rather be the underdog then the favorite. I want people to doubt this team again so they can look like they're playing to prove something.

This is definitely a reality check for Da Bears.

bearsfan_51
Bah. Curses are for Cubs fans and star wars geeks. This team/media/city got so bloated I saw this a mile away. At least Grossman is disgusted with himself right now. That shows me something. He's a warrior, unfortunately that also leads him to highly overate his own abilities.

RCAChainGang
10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
This may sound crazy, but I actually feel more confident in the Bears after this horrible showing. Everyone with half a brain knew they weren't going undefeated. And maybe now the ridiculous hype will go away.

I think they'll at least make a game out of it in the 2nd half. they'll be fine.

I agree no team needs over expectations.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
everyone likes the bears?
I hate the *********** bears almost as much as the vikings. Not every like them.
There ya go. And I ******* hate the Packers too. That's more like it.

Hurricane Ditka
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Bah. Curses are for Cubs fans and star wars geeks. This team/media/city got so bloated I saw this a mile away. At least Grossman is disgusted with himself right now. That shows me something. He's a warrior, unfortunately that also leads him to highly overate his own abilities.CURSEEEE BRINGER!

detknowitall
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
They were the best team, until they played AZ.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
When you give freedom to a QB to gunsling, there are times you get what's coming to you. You live and die based on the Quarterback's performance. This was due, in fact it almost reared it's ugly head in the Minnesota game.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
3-6 since the game started.

PalmerToCJ
10-16-2006, 10:29 PM
They were the best team, until they played AZ.

That sounds weird :lol:

TCU
10-16-2006, 10:34 PM
No and im not just saying that because of the last 3 hours the media has overhyped another team. ESPN was all over the Bears in their NFL coverage on the cover of ESPN Magizine and all they talk about is how good this bears team is, kind of like how ESPN overhyped the Jags after week 2 when they beat Dallas and Pittsburgh.

P-L
10-16-2006, 10:52 PM
I still think the Bears are one of, if not the, best team in the NFC. But I think people drooled over them too fast. All the 16-0 talk was ridiculous. While I think the Bears are one of the best, I think they have to prove that they are the best in the playoffs, because that regular season schedule isn't going to prove much. I wouldn't put too much into the loss though, only one team has ever gone 16-0.

P-L
10-16-2006, 10:56 PM
I still think the Bears are one of, if not the, best team in the NFC. But I think people drooled over them too fast. All the 16-0 talk was ridiculous. While I think the Bears are one of the best, I think they have to prove that they are the best in the playoffs, because that regular season schedule isn't going to prove much. I wouldn't put too much into the loss though, only one team has ever gone 16-0.

Spoke too soon, Wow. :oops: :shock:

Hurricane Ditka
10-16-2006, 11:24 PM
If the Bears are so great how come they just got owned by Matt Leinart?If the Bears weren't great how the **** did they just win that game?

10-16-2006, 11:25 PM
If the Bears are so great how come they just got owned by Matt Leinart?If the Bears weren't great how the *********** did they just win that game?

Do you honestly think that you outplayed us?

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 11:26 PM
If the Bears are so great how come they just got owned by Matt Leinart?If the Bears weren't great how the *********** did they just win that game?
We barely squeked out a win against a ****** Cards team. I'm glad we're 6-0, but there is a lot to be worried about, especially if Mike Brown is hurt for a while.

Shiver
10-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I knew Rex, with his play style, would have a lousy game eventually. But I didn't expect it to be this bad. :shock: Now we will see how he bounces back, hopefully for the Bears, this is the exception as opposed to the rule.

YoJoeBucsFan
10-16-2006, 11:27 PM
We barely squeked out a win against a *********** Cards team. I'm glad we're 6-0, but there is a lot to be worried about, especially if Mike Brown is hurt for a while.
That should be a concern right there.

The Unseen
10-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Somewhere, the Bidwells cry. Because since there has been football, the Bears > Cardinals.

And somewhere, Mike Ditka is cheering his head off via multiple joyful expletives.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 11:29 PM
I knew Rex, with his play style, would have a lousy game eventually. But I didn't expect it to be this bad. :shock: Now we will see how he bounces back, hopefully for the Bears, this is the exception as opposed to the rule.
It only takes one bad game in the playoffs and THAT is why I don't like Rex. Same reason I don't like Eli Manning. Sometimes he just makes throws that have no f'n sense at all.

sweetness34
10-16-2006, 11:32 PM
It only takes one bad game in the playoffs and THAT is why I don't like Rex. Same reason I don't like Eli Manning. Sometimes he just makes throws that have no f'n sense at all.

We're going to live and die with Rexy whether we want to or not. I know Rex is a capable QB and I know he's better than what he showed.

cgf
10-16-2006, 11:41 PM

The only issue with Eli was that last year he got exhausted later in the season. He's very clutch and if he could stay calm early in road games he'd already be a top tier QB.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 11:42 PM
I just want to note that the poll was

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

Votes taken since then are

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.

cgf
10-16-2006, 11:43 PM
I voted yes

bearsfan_51
10-16-2006, 11:44 PM

The only issue with Eli was that last year he got exhausted later in the season. He's very clutch and if he could stay calm early in road games he'd already be a top tier QB.
His game against the Seahawks was pathetic. Every once in a while Eli plays a terrible game. Same as Rex.

cgf
10-16-2006, 11:54 PM

His game against the Seahawks was pathetic. Every once in a while Eli plays a terrible game. Same as Rex.

Umm the entire team was pathetic, oline, running game, dline, LBs, DBs and coaching staff.

Namy
10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
....and I don't like it.

Broncos have a better defense than the Bears as evidenced by the horrific performance against the Cardinals.

cgf
10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
....and I don't like it.

Broncos have a better defense than the Bears as evidenced by the horrific performance against the Cardinals.

No.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
....and I don't like it.

Thank you for your opinion.

However, considering how many times the Bears were put on their own field after terrible throws by Grossman, and how many times they shut them down completely, not to mention that we scored 14 points on defense alone, I will have to politely disagree.

10-17-2006, 12:05 AM
....and I don't like it.

That is so wrong it is not even funny.

Namy
10-17-2006, 12:12 AM
....and I don't like it.

However, considering how many times the Bears were put on their own field after terrible throws by Grossman, and how many times they shut them down completely, not to mention that we scored 14 points on defense alone, I will have to politely disagree.
Your DL is way better than ours. Our LBs are about the same. Our secondary is better. Grossman did screw u guys over, but Plummer does screw us over plenty times as well. Not to mention, those TDs were the Bears fault this game. Those FGs after Grossman's error arent the defenses' fault but those TDs were. Anyways, every defense is allowed to have one bad game, so I'm not going to hold it to em that much.

We've allowed 1 TD in five games... last team to do that was in the 1930's... Bears D had a bad game today, Broncos D has bent several times but never broken. Of course, its a debatable question, but your statemetn that it's "so wrong' is absrud.

Geo
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM

At least the above has been maintained. The Bears will be the talk of the figurative town for the next few weeks, at least.

cunningham06
10-17-2006, 12:14 AM

I honestly never bought into the Rex Grossman hysteria. I wanted to see how he plays when he's behind before I judged him. I don't think he will be that bad all the time when he's behind, but he's certainly not as good as some thought.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 12:15 AM
....and I don't like it.

Your DL is way better than ours. Our LBs are about the same. Our secondary is better. Grossman did screw u guys over, but Plummer does screw us over plenty times as well. Not to mention, those TDs were the Bears fault this game. Those FGs after Grossman's error arent the defenses' fault but those TDs were. Anyways, every defense is allowed to have one bad game, so I'm not going to hold it to em that much.

We've allowed 1 TD in five games... last team to do that was in the 1930's... Bears D had a bad game today, Broncos D has bent several times but never broken. Of course, its a debatable question, but your statemetn that it's "so wrong' is absrud.
We allowed them to score 14 points, we then scored 14 points. I consider that a shutout by the defense. :lol:

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
10-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Didn't Ditka at the beginning of the game say "I like the Bears in a close one."?

Vince Lombardi
10-17-2006, 09:11 AM

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.

and I would like to note that I was one of the original 4 No votes. :D

drowe
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
....and I don't like it.

its ok man, i still think the bears suck.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 10:32 AM
....and I don't like it.

its ok man, i still think the bears suck.
I know you do..and I appreciate that.

Oh...and even after last night's disaster..Rex Grossman is STILL leaps and bounds above Brett Favre in terms of performance this year.
Brett Favre is a joke. 8)

drowe
10-17-2006, 10:54 AM

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 10:58 AM
:lol:

bigbluedefense
10-17-2006, 11:14 AM
....and I don't like it.

Well, you know my stance on Cover 2. I think it will get exposed in the playoffs, its just too basic. But more importantly, Rex is gonna have that second half slump. We're seeing it happen right now. And everyone on River's jock, get prepared to see the same.

But this team is still the front runner to have homefield advantage. I think the Giants/Bears game will be a good measuring stick to how good they really are. Im looking forward to it.

And to the guys saying that the Bears stole that game...listen.

1. No they didn't. Its a 4 quarter ball game, and Arizona played 3 quarters.

2. Blame the oline, Edge, Neil Rackers and the special teams, thats what lost the game. And poor playcalling.

eacantdraft
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Best team so far. Though I have to give the best defense honors to Denver.

Best offensive Bear team I ever saw.

10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I had the Bears picked in August so i wouldn't call myself a band-waggoner, but this is October and before i call them the best team i need to see more football...it is way too early.

Sure Rex and the O will evetually have big slump, but as he all have seen that defense can win the game for you.

If the ship goes down, i am going down with it.

Number 10
10-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Smith called this a team of destiny. Baaad move.

My preseason pick (Falcons) is not making me look too smart right now, but I'm not hopping on the Bears banwagon for the Super Bowl just yet. I might consider putting the Panthers there.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 12:14 PM

My preseason pick (Falcons) is not making me look too smart right now, but I'm not hopping on the Bears banwagon for the Super Bowl just yet. I might consider putting the Panthers there.
Why is that a bad move? He's the head coach..you want your players to think that there is something special going on.

Number 10
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM

Why is that a bad move? He's the head coach..you want your players to think that there is something special going on.

I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't want to use or hear the words "special" or "destiny" 6 weeks into the season.

IBleedNavyandOrange
10-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I think the Bears are the best team in the NFL right now.

During the 2nd quarter last night, I wouldn't have said that. The operative is "right now."

When the Bears are on their game--like they were in against GB, Detroit, Seattle, and Buffalo--no other team has shown the same versatility and power. Except maybe San Diego and possibly Denver... but I haven't seen much of them play this year.

Consistency is key... if the Bears play at the level they're capable of, it'll be hard for them to lose. Obviously for 3 quarters last night, they didn't play at that level.

The next game will be very interesting. They've got 12 days to rest, recuperate, and figure out what the frick kind of high school team they were playing like in AZ, and bounce back against another "gimme" win. If they roll all over SF like they did in games 1, 2, 4, & 5, then maybe we can agree that the "good" Bears team is the real Bears team. If they eke out another win, maybe it's time to knock them off the pedastal and anoint San Diego.

The problem for a lot of Bears fans is that the last good Bears team was the 1985 (through 1987) squad, so we compare all teams to that impossibly high standard. It's all we've got (at least for those of us who don't need geritol) to compare to... which makes us do stupid things like wonder out loud if this team will run the table.

And, as Madden has said, 1985 was a great year for pro football, and when the Bears are good, the NFL is more fun to watch. That's not just homerism... that's testifying to the largest undivided media market in the country, a media market that is a dedicated football city, a club with a rich historical tradition, and the legacy of one of the most colorful (and greatest) teams of all time.

I drink the Kool-Aid because I want to re-live those years when the Bears were great and football was fun. But I think the 2006 team is really very good. And if they continue to perform, or even improve, I don't think it's being too goofy to be optimistic.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I do think they're overrated in terms of "hype" but I think their desire to win puts them over the top, they just want it more than every team they play now, everybody knows they had no business winning that game last night, the thing about teams that people think will go undefeated is that always get a wake up call and lose, prime example would be the 85 Bears, but somehow I think they got that wake up call last night and still won. If this team can get through that three game road stretch at the Jets, at the Giants and at the Patriots then they're as for real as everyone thinks they are. But I don't think they will, somebody will figure them out, hell the Cardinals had em figured out last night, the Cards defense looked like Bears Defense.

On a side note, I just realized something, while everybody accuses Packers fans of being homerific, maybe so (we do overrate some of our players) - how come everytime I watch a Chicago news sports segment I hear Super Bowl talk, how come I saw footage last night of people saying "I think we're going all the way, I think the question is who we'll be playing in the Super Bowl" While WATCHING THE GAME AT A SPORTS BAR(should they be talking like that while they're losing?). What about the fans who talk about Ditka like he's the greatest coach ever? All he did was coach a team that won one Super Bowl. He's not even close to being one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time. On top of that, where do you think the famed "Superfans" came from? HOMERISM. I'm not doubting the Bears, in fact before last season I felt something special about that team through training camp, that they weren't gonna be the same old disapointing Bears. But I'm not overrating them either, and it's not because I'm a Packer fan, it's because living in the Chicago suburbs I've seen every one of their games this year start to finish, and most of them last year. I think there's very knowledgeable Bears fans that know this Super Bowl talk isn't right but there's FAR MORE people who are interested when good things happen.

moving on:
This has little to do with this post but more to do with the topic. My Dad is a terrible Bears fan(I'm a Packer fan cause of my mom's side) all he did was check the score in previous years, which he still does but he's more "interested from a distance" still checking the score(if he walks past the TV!) , but he talked like he was gonna watch the game last night, even to his friend who's a real fan, but all he did was check the score a few times and went to bed before the game was over. His ass isn't interested in learning the game, in fact, if I had a millon dollars I'd bet that he couldn't name 3 CURRENT BEARS PLAYERS IN 15 SECONDS. I'm always watching sports and all he does is glance at the tv and check the scores and pretend and it pisses me off, our relationship isn't that good so I'd appreciate it if we shared a bond in sports regardless of the teams, just sports in general. Which is a great thing to have. He did the same thing when the Sox won the World Series, didn't watch a single freakin game. You true Bears fans should be ashamed you have numerous people like this pretending to be a part of your cult following. Sorry I felt like I had to vent.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Most Bears fans are gigantic homers, we just happen to have (and have had) a pretty good crop on this site. I agree though, I can't talk to most Bears fans because they have such a vastly inflated view of their own team.

I do disagree that they are unknowledgeable though. Most Bears fans at least know what is going on with their own team, your Dad sounds like an exception. And I'm truely sorry you don't have a better relationship, maybe one day that will change.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 01:57 PM
I drink the Kool-Aid because I want to re-live those years when the Bears were great and football was fun. But I think the 2006 team is really very good. And if they continue to perform, or even improve, I don't think it's being too goofy to be optimistic.
I agree with this for the most part.

All of the

"I can't wait for you to choke in the playoffs"

Is kinda funny to me. If we go 13-3 and lose at home in the NFC Championship game (we have to win at least one game) I will consider the season a huge success. All this Superbowl or bust talk is a little overinflated. I just like to win games and watch my Bears do well. I'd much rather be a Bears fan even if that means watching my team choke in the playoffs than be a Browns fan and not have anything to cheer about at all.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-17-2006, 02:12 PM

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.

I was one of the four yes votes after the game started. It was 20-0 when I voted. I didn't even care that they were probly gonna lose, I still know they're the best team so far. I'm not a bandwagon either because they aren't my team, they just are the best in my opinion.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Most Bears fans are gigantic homers, we just happen to have (and have had) a pretty good crop on this site. I agree though, I can't talk to most Bears fans because they have such a vastly inflated view of their own team.

I do disagree that they are unknowledgeable though. Most Bears fans at least know what is going on with their own team, your Dad sounds like an exception. And I'm truely sorry you don't have a better relationship, maybe one day that will change.

lol, well it's not that bad he just doesn't get the big picture, basically he could do a better job is what I mean, he kinda half asses it plus he drinks and I can't get through to him on that. I have it better than some people though and that's all I can ask for. But anyway... the unknowledgable part-what I meant was why this and why that, understanding why they're good and such. Schemes etc... like everybody knows the Packers have been running the West Coast Offense for years. I'd like to see more Bears fans being interviewed talking about what types of things the team does instead of getting full of themselves. It's amazing how much I've learned about football by just absorbing what the announcers say even though it seems like they all suck. More people should try it.

Boston
10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Some shutout. :lol: :roll:

10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
The Bears are the best team in the nfc so far. I don't know if they are the best in the nfl though The teams in thier division are weak, so that will help thier record. To me a good team will find ways to win. That is what the bears did last night. Rex may have had a horrible game, but the rest of the team came up big when they had to. I'm not saying the bears will go to the superbowl, but they have a good shot so far. The season is early, so a key injury could end that run, or maybe they will even go on a bad streak.

10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
The Bears are the best team in the nfc so far. I don't know if they are the best in the nfl though The teams in thier division are weak, so that will help thier record. To me a good team will find ways to win. That is what the bears did last night. Rex may have had a horrible game, but the rest of the team came up big when they had to. I'm not saying the bears will go to the superbowl, but they have a good shot so far. The season is early, so a key injury could end that run, or maybe they will even go on a bad streak.

Who do you think is better than the Bears?

10-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Who do you think is better than the Bears? I think Denver could give them a good run, New England, S.D. The teams with very good defenses could beat them. I'm not sold on the bears offense yet, the D is great, but just because you have the best record in the NFL, doesn't mean your the best. Colts are also undefeated, but I don't believe they are the best in the AFC either. The way the Panthers are winning, they could be the best, and I also wouldn't count the Steelers out of anything yet.

Bearsfan123
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
last night was a response to the first 5 games of the season. Arizona dared us to beat them with the run game. They dropped into coverage and made sure we didnt pass on them. Dumbass Ron Turner and Rex Grossman (its his fault for not checking off), should have gone to the run. They both got caught up in the hype of having "the most prolific offense" in the league and thats unacceptable. Plain and simple, we are a running team. Everyone doubted our air attack at the beginning of the season so they stacked the box. We burned them. Now ppl are playing us honest, Ron Turner should now call a much more balanced game. Period. Thanks for listening.

Smooth Criminal
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
There will be some doubters after they almost lost to Arizona. The offense looked absolutly horrible.

10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
I still believe the Bears are the best team in the NFL.

sweetness34
10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I still believe the Bears are the best team in the NFL.

You are a classy fan cards. And you handled that loss pretty darn well last night, I woulda flipped my lid if we choked like that against Arizona.

While I love the comment, it's 6 games into the season, and we haven't proven anything yet besides we'd played 5 very good weeks of football and one really crappy won, and we're 6-0. Too bad 6 wins doesn't mean a championship. We're talented yes but we're not a "great" team like the media was saying we were. A darn good team, yes, a great one hell no, at least not yet.

RCAChainGang
10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, they definately showed they will lose sometime. I say week 10...

bearsfan_51
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Haha...how funny...golly gee it's a good thing nobody on the Packers makes stupid ass statements. You know..like if Brett Favre said that he thought one of the worst teams in the NFL was more talented than a former Superbowl winner. Good thing nothing like that happens.

sweetness34
10-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Well, they definately showed they will lose sometime. I say week 10...

They'll lose one of the 3 games out East IMO. I'd be happy with a 2-1 record against the Giants, Jets, and Pats (all away games in a row).

someone447
10-17-2006, 05:59 PM
This is coming from a die hard packer fan, so it really pains me to say this, but yes, the bears are the best team in the league right now.

Its funny how many bears fans there are in El Paso, Texas this year.

When the Bears are 15-0 going into week 17, the '72 Dolphins will be very happy with the Packers after that game. :-D

10-17-2006, 11:11 PM
DA BEARS STILL SUCK!

cunningham06
10-17-2006, 11:15 PM
DA BEARS!!!

Staubach12
10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
DA BEARS!!!

http://www.thiefsden.net/archives/superfans.jpg

bearsfan_51
10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Haha...how funny...golly gee it's a good thing nobody on the Packers makes stupid ass statements. You know..like if Brett Favre said that he thought one of the worst teams in the NFL was more talented than a former Superbowl winner. Good thing nothing like that happens.
Come on Boston...no witty responses?