PDA

View Full Version : Do we still have a wide receiver problem?

ElectricEye
04-29-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10156954
Because we're about to get Randy motherf*cking Moss.

Jay
04-29-2007, 09:43 AM
The question is, with Stallworth wearing 18 and Watson wearing 84, what number will he wear?!?!?

Nalej
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Hell yeah... I'm excited.
I could care less what number he wears.
I wouldn't care if he just rocked a jersey with no number.
We all know who he is... he doesn't a number! lol

ElectricEye
04-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Dude. I'm ecstatic. I'm really in a complete state of disbelief. I mean, even if he's not as good as he once was...we're going to have a hall of fame quarterback throwing to a hall of fame wide receiver.

Nalej
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Thing to keep in mind is... even if he's not as good as he used to be...
He's still a top 5 WR in the league.
I've always stated... Tom Brady is the only Elite QB in the NFL without an Elite WR.
Not anymore... finally we get to see how Brady can do with a legit threat.

Moss, Stallworth, Watson... and a bunch of other solid WR's

ElectricEye
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
....dude....we have Randy Moss.

Bostonsportlova
04-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth - two of the best vertical threats in the NFL
Ben Watson - one of the best catching TE's in the NFL
Wes Welker - one of the best slot guys and one of the best returners in the NFL
Caldwell, Gaffney - name a team with a better 4 and 5 WR
Chad Jackson - Hope no one forgot about him hes still developing dont call him a bust yet

Bigburt63
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
u cant call jackson a bust after only one year, i have faith that he is going to be a very good receiver down the road

Texico From Mexico
04-29-2007, 06:32 PM
I just want to congradulate you guys. With the off season moves and now by adding Moss, discounting any injuries to key players you all just won another Superbowl. You were so close without Moss, I don't see how your offense can be stopped now...not even by the best defenses. Mark it up, you will have another trophy in New England. You all owe the Raiders a big thank you!!!

I wish my team the Dallas Cowboys would follow the Patriiot lead when it comes to drafting players...and runnning an organization. I wish we could get rid of our bafoon owner!!

Don Vito
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
What an addition, I hope he goes back to his Marshall days and rocks 88.

eacantdraft
04-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Wait until the Jakester feels he's not getting the ball enough. We all know how Tom Brady likes to spread the ball around. Then the Jakester starts taking off plays, blowing up at his QB on the sidelines.

Oh the drama.

Enjoy life with the Jakester. The Dallas Cowboys found out what life was like with a prima donna wide receiver last season. Caused their future Hall of Fame coach to quit.

ElectricEye
04-30-2007, 07:24 AM
We get it. You don't like Randy Moss. And you do have some points there. Still, it's not impossible, or even unlikely, that he'll fit in.

JK17
04-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Okay, I'm obviously not a Patriot fan, but I'm wondering where you guys feel Chad Jackson will fit in on the roster? With the additions of Moss, Stallworth, and Welker it looks like you have your top three ironed out...not to mention Gaffney and Caldwell (though personally I wouldn't feel confident in Caldwell) who looked decent to good in the playoffs....

What's going to happen with Jackson?

ElectricEye
04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Okay, I'm obviously not a Patriot fan, but I'm wondering where you guys feel Chad Jackson will fit in on the roster? With the additions of Moss, Stallworth, and Welker it looks like you have your top three ironed out...not to mention Gaffney and Caldwell (though personally I wouldn't feel confident in Caldwell) who looked decent to good in the playoffs....

What's going to happen with Jackson?

I think he'll still have a roster spot, and ideally he would beat out Caldwell and Geffney. It's iffy what will happen after 3. He's definitely going to have to fight for catches though.

Jay
05-01-2007, 06:20 AM
I think this will be a development year for him. He's going to be eased into the system and allowed to develop and most importantly, learn. I think the Pats will carry six receivers, and he'll start the year as #6 and eventually work his way to #4. By next year, the Pats will cut bait with Stallworth and/or Moss and he'll be ready to take over at #1 or #2.

But even if they keep all three guys ahead of him, he'll still get some decent action at #4...

ElectricEye
05-01-2007, 06:36 AM
That would be the ideal scenario. He really didn't look that bad last year. He had 3 touchdowns, which was still tied for second among our receivers. Granted, that was because we had horrible production out of those guys from a scoring standpoint, but still, he made some nice catches at times.