PDA

View Full Version : Madden 08

frogstomp
04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/784/784281p1.html

The major focus, as it should be, is on gameplay. Remember that old "If it's in the game, it's in the game" line? Tiburon is taking that to heart. If it's on the field -- laterals, gang tackles, diving catches, strips, shutdown corners, hurdles -- it's in Madden, said producer Ian Cummings. His vision? Pure dynamic gameplay. You control the animations -- the animations don't control you. You can see what Cummings has to say in our exclusive video interview. (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/868/868499/vids_1.html)

OH MY GOD FINALLY. hopefully

Ravens1991
04-29-2007, 10:23 AM
sounds good I always wanted to do laterals.

frogstomp
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I finally finished reading the whole thing, and I can't wait for a ball carrier to try and hurdle over me...

Also, defensive AI is fixed, and apparently I'm actually going to *fear* Champ Bailey, and other monsters on defense. Also, while the defense can hit people in mid air going for the ball, your superstars can now make superstar catches... one handed, put the feet down, and turn at 90 degrees and go upfield, instead of watching it soar three feet away from him. Apparently corner routes have been fixed, so they don't work all day, and fatigue will actually play an effect, so players can't just keep running the hail mary all day. Miami will have trouble dealing with the cold in Foxboro, and New England will have trouble dealing with the heat in Miami.

Damn, that's not even all of the improvements, so you might as well read it yourself.

Moses
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Nice. About time some info about Madden 08 came out.

Moses
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, after watching that video interview I'm extremely impressed. I can only hope that it's not just talk and that it actually translates to the game. It sounds like they addressed most of the major problems with the gameplay though.

Moses
04-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Here are some the rookie players in Madden 08: http://www.easports.com/maddennfl/draft.jsp

Vikes99ej
04-29-2007, 03:05 PM
If there's no fantasy draft for 360, I'm not going to buy it.

High Roller
04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
If there's no fantasy draft for 360, I'm not going to buy it.

I agree. I didn't enjoy the Madden 07 this year on 360 or PS3.

jeweeee
04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
it looks like this will make up for last years version of the game

etk
04-29-2007, 05:24 PM
I can't wait for the improved blocking, with linemen double-teaming and moving to the second-level. That's been a big problem in the past. The up/down hit stick is pretty cool too.

nvot9
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok, I'm gunna pose a few questions about this game and hope they get answered.

1) Is there still going to be the stupid QB vision crap that 07 had? I bought 07, had it for maybe 2 weeks and sold it because the vision pissed me the hell off.

2) With all these "sweet" new features that make it literally you doing everything, isn't it going to be nearly impossible? I mean you have to control every player on the field. I might be mistaking this though, is it just that you have the OPTION to control everyone on the field? Is it that you have the option to, but if you don't and let the comp run the WR route and you throw the ball, then the comp kinda sucks or what? Just a bit confused, didn't play 07 much.

3) What's this about people saying there's no fantasy draft???

4) Isn't it going to be ridiculous trying to remember the individual controls for every position on the field?

Vikes99ej
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM

1) Is there still going to be the stupid QB vision crap that 07 had? I bought 07, had it for maybe 2 weeks and sold it because the vision pissed me the hell off.

2) With all these "sweet" new features that make it literally you doing everything, isn't it going to be nearly impossible? I mean you have to control every player on the field. I might be mistaking this though, is it just that you have the OPTION to control everyone on the field? Is it that you have the option to, but if you don't and let the comp run the WR route and you throw the ball, then the comp kinda sucks or what? Just a bit confused, didn't play 07 much.

4) Isn't it going to be ridiculous trying to remember the individual controls for every position on the field?

They haven't said anything about a fantasy draft, so I'm assuming that there isn't going to be one for Xbox 360 or PS3.

Pit Bull #53
04-29-2007, 06:01 PM

I thought QB vision was one of the best features added to Madden. I can't even play without it anymore. Also don't see any reason why they would remove it from the game since it adds to the "realism" they're trying to achieve.

jballa838
04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
sounds good so far, but 2k8 sounds better

draftguru151
Ginn better be 98 speed.

BuckNaked
You could just go to settings and turn off QB Vision.

jballa838
04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
and Yamon Figures(sp) better be up there in speed too

ATLDirtyBirds
04-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I need a fantasy draft for 360. It must be there.

etk
04-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Ginn better be 98 speed.

Hey there's one positive for the Ginn pick.....he'll be a fun weapon in Madden. Not sure how valuable John Beck will be though :D

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey there's one positive for the Ginn pick.....he'll be a fun weapon in Madden. Not sure how valuable John Beck will be though :D

There needs to be a Mormon mode.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow, I watched the video, REAL ZONE BLOCKING, OMG OMG OMG, I can't wait.

NIN1984
04-29-2007, 06:21 PM
All this stuff sounds awesome, Just hope next gen has edit player.

JF4
04-29-2007, 06:22 PM

1) QB Vision was optional in Madden 07, it was in Madden 06 where you had to turn it off if you didn't want to use it. In 07 if if you moved the left analog stick before you passed it would turn on. If you left the analog alone the passing was the usual.

2) EA doesn't really have a history of making there sports games control overly complicated especially Madden. I would imagine they will start with pretty basic controls and in the next few years develop the controls to be much more in depth and probably more complicated.

3) People are just saying they won't buy the game if there isn't a fantasy draft like last year. To my knowledge there has been no information about the availabilty of a draft in 08.

4) I'd imagine the controls will be pretty alike for each position.

The Dynasty
04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Everyone online will be using the Patriots it always happens when a big name person gets traded. Everyone used the Raiders when Moss was first on the team and then it was TO on the Eagles and Probably this year it was TO on Dallas.

Peterson looks good in Purple i must say a lot better than Brown.
Rice is probably going to be rated 80 and Peterson will be ranked like 84.

jballa838
04-29-2007, 06:27 PM
we should make a guess the players ratings contest/thread for bragging rights.

JF4
04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
we should make a guess the players ratings contest/thread for bragging rights.

Don't worry, there will be/have been many of them.

'cuse-213
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
We better be able to change a players appearance, and they better not run like robots.

jballa838
04-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Don't worry, there will be/have been many of them.
but like an official one where people guess some crazy predetermined ones like JaMarcus Russell's arm strength rating, or Ted Ginn's speed, etc.

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Finally gang tackle is there

Also i wonder what Russell's rating will be? 83 overal, 97 throw power 85 acc 75 speed break tackle 75 awearness 60

JF4
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
The thing I like the most is that they say that WR's will actually be able to make sideline catches. That has been my biggest pet-peeve in the game for a while.

Moses
04-29-2007, 07:05 PM
The thing I like the most is that they say that WR's will actually be able to make sideline catches. That has been my biggest pet-peeve in the game for a while.

Definitely annoying. They'll get wide open, catch the ball, then take a MASSIVE stride and their toe will touch the sideline and it will be ruled incomplete. Happens when you toss the deep ball into the endzone at times too.

Philliez01
04-29-2007, 07:11 PM
One thing that tends to get on my nerves is how players react to injuries, usually they'll just walk off holding onto whatever hurts and then get career - ending injuries.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 07:32 PM
One thing that tends to get on my nerves is how players react to injuries, usually they'll just walk off holding onto whatever hurts and then get career - ending injuries.

Chester Taylor- Career ending, heart stopped (grabs chest and walks off field).

etk
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
but like an official one where people guess some crazy predetermined ones like JaMarcus Russell's arm strength rating, or Ted Ginn's speed, etc.

I hate those threads because ridiculous homers always come in and spoil it with their disgustingly optimistic predictions.

etk
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Finally gang tackle is there

Also i wonder what Russell's rating will be? 83 overal, 97 throw power 85 acc 75 speed break tackle 75 awearness 60

82 OVR, 98 THP, 86 ACC, 69 SPD, 68 BTK, 56 AWR

jballa838
04-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I hate those threads because ridiculous homers always come in and spoil it with their disgustingly optimistic predictions.
yeah, that alyways happens with any prediction though

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 08:06 PM
CJ- 87 overall, 95 speed, 98 jump, 75 btk, 85 catch, 52 awr.

Xiomera
04-29-2007, 09:33 PM
CJ- 87 overall, 95 speed, 98 jump, 75 btk, 85 catch, 52 awr.

I hope that's the case on everything but the awareness.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I hope that's the case on everything but the awareness.

That's what they did to Reggie last year, his physical skills were ridiculous but they made his awr really low so he wasn't a 95 as a rookie.

bantx
04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
first team i will be playing with is the patriots :]

steelersfan43
04-30-2007, 12:25 AM
lookin good

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-30-2007, 01:01 AM
hope its as good as it sounds. they must realize how pissed everyone was last year.....

Gang tackles is going to be my most exciting thing. well, that and actually being able to have a "shutdown" corner. not just some damn pod that needs me to break the pass up every damn time

RaiderNation
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
they need to fix gameplay for superstar mode. when they changed it, it made it really bad. i would also like to see the offseason to be like NFL head coach.

ElectricEye
04-30-2007, 05:00 AM
It all sounds great. I'm excited about the zone blocking. That should be pretty cool.

Jimmy
04-30-2007, 05:55 AM
If it's on the field -- laterals-
YES!!!! the year tyler is ecker is drafted they do it.

gang tackles
bout time

, diving catches
w00t
strips,
byner style

shutdown corners
champ bailey all day

hurdles

brian leonard gonna do some hurdling

The Unseen
04-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Sounds fun.

A video game being fun...innovation.

Caddy
04-30-2007, 06:29 AM
I'll be lateraling like I'm playing rugby league

Jimmy
04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
jarvis moss and marcus thomas are starting when i play... crowder if he gets a good rating.. and i might play ryan harris at RG

draftguru151
04-30-2007, 08:34 AM
I'll be lateraling like I'm playing rugby league

That's definitely one of the best parts in the EA Rugby game. That's so much fun, especially when Reggie Bush is the wing and flies by everybody. :)

BTW my brother is the rugby captain at Vanderbilt University now, pretty sick.

Staubach12
04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Sounds like the gameplay's going to much more realistic. That's very, very good. I can't wait.

Addict
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
i absolutely agree. it's funny to me how lazy people are and that they'd rather be able to fling the ball back and forth across the field without any regard to realistic play. funnier is how vehement they are that it's a "bad" feature simply because they can't figure it out.

very true. I love QB vision... I get confused when it's not active.

Moses
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
i absolutely agree. it's funny to me how lazy people are and that they'd rather be able to fling the ball back and forth across the field without any regard to realistic play. funnier is how vehement they are that it's a "bad" feature simply because they can't figure it out.

Yup. Plus, Vision is really the only thing that separates Peyton Manning's ability to throw the football and Michael Vick's. Vick has the better arm, but he's in no way the better passer. Without the vision cone, it's impossible to represent that difference.

Keakathin
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Sounds like the gameplay's going to much more realistic. That's very, very good. I can't wait.

You sound like a robot

Addict
04-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Yup. Plus, Vision is really the only thing that separates Peyton Manning's ability to throw the football and Michael Vick's. Vick has the better arm, but he's in no way the better passer. Without the vision cone, it's impossible to represent that difference.

well they also tend to give Vick real lousy accuracy.

I do hope they make the running back stats more... realastic... Running backs include mike vick, who in franchise mode sometimes exceeds 2000 rushing yards.

pierce2walker
04-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Yea the vision cone was definitely an excellent feature...not only does it allow you to play the saftey position in a more realistic fashion, but also from the QB standpoint you can look off coverage and such...if you play it really becomes second nature and you dont think much of using it...I dont know how people think its so confusing...its definitely a great feature and makes passing so much more realistic...although I think they actually need to make the vision cone have more importance in the game...I play a lot online and Id say about 70% of the people dont even use the cone and just throw it and it makes no difference what so ever...the vision should make a big difference in accuracy and force players to use it like a real QB...that would be something I would like

steelersfan43
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone want to teach me how to pass in madden? My running game kills everyone, but I cant pass for ****. me and my friends are starting a league and we play for money, and they always start running goal line on me. I cant pass at all and I need to learn how.

Smokey Joe
04-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Anyone want to teach me how to pass in madden? My running game kills everyone, but I cant pass for ****. me and my friends are starting a league and we play for money, and they always start running goal line on me. I cant pass at all and I need to learn how.

Just watch some tutorials on how. It is quite simple.

kalbears13
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Just watch some tutorials on how. It is quite simple.

I hope you mean pass effectively and not just plain pass. When you do learn how to throw, run a HB Pass and totally throw them off.

steelersfan43
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I hope you mean pass effectively and not just plain pass. When you do learn how to throw, run a HB Pass and totally throw them off.

...thats kind of implied.

Smokey Joe
04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
My favorite move usually is running the ball, do a short pass, go for a bomb with my speed receiver, and then do a PA Pass to my RB.

kalbears13
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Ohh. I thought you mighta been a complete noob or something and playing with a buncha crappy players. If they keep on running goaline you should audible to a quick pass or slant or just throw in a passing play every once in a while since you know how to pass. You can always just practice too...

ChewyRaven318
05-01-2007, 02:10 AM
I was just reading IGN's preview of Madden '08

..wow. I'm more excited for a game than if they added in like a brand new "OMG ROOKIE 2 SUPERSTAAAR" mode. All of the subtle things they are doing to make the game more smooth is going to give the game a great feel.

Phrost
05-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I just thought of something, they should call it "The Rookie Curve" or something like that. Basically all rookies have a stat like any other one but it is a penalty stat. Depending on the players position this curve will only affect certain stats. So a LB will have tackling, awareness, and acceleration, speed affected etc.

Each rookie starts with a default "rookie curve" the curve is determined based on the round the player is chosen in(For default rosters for like franchise mode etc) and their play time and regular season success(For online rosters, and play now rosters, updated via Xbox live).

I will elaborate more, thoughts?

Donno
05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
As a Cardinals fan its seems very unrealistic when the offensive line does just as good as any other offensive line. Now Ive been dreaming for the Madden that makes people like Champ Bailey and Brian Urlacher game changers.

Eaglez.Fan
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I just thought of something, they should call it "The Rookie Curve" or something like that. Basically all rookies have a stat like any other one but it is a penalty stat. Depending on the players position this curve will only affect certain stats. So a LB will have tackling, awareness, and acceleration, speed affected etc.

Each rookie starts with a default "rookie curve" the curve is determined based on the round the player is chosen in(For default rosters for like franchise mode etc) and their play time and regular season success(For online rosters, and play now rosters, updated via Xbox live).

It's a good idea, but some positions like LB, and RB are easier to play very well even though they are a rookie. Like all tjose LB's especially last year with Ernie Sims, and DeMeco Ryans. And then those rookie RB's like Caddilac was, and Julius Jones. And even some other players do very well, Anquan Boldin, Big Ben...

kalbears13
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Like i said in the other Thread, there should be a coachability category. The higher your coachability, the faster you improve and vice versa.

benroethlisberger
05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Madden 08' will probably be my last Madden for awhile , im so sick of EA killing the franchise (and other franchises) with a little better graphics and just a roster update and the consumer falls for it . EA doesnt even try with Madden and it still sell 5 million across the platforms.

MP123
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Ginn better be 98 speed.

Yeah, and then have a toughness and durability of 2.

MP123
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
For runningbacks, do they have a stat called vision?

Moses
05-01-2007, 09:23 PM
For runningbacks, do they have a stat called vision?

Awareness?

Ho0k Em'
05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm always the redskins. I love to run so I have Clinton who can always break a couple. If the play the safety(which most people do) the just Santana deep and Cooley(moved to TE) on a post. Qb vision to Cooley then move to Santana and bomb it. Too easy.

pierce2walker
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
They also need to make unrealistic formations less effective...Ive played multiple people online that just go into goaline formation every single down and pound it with a power back...you would think its easy to stop, but believe me if the other guy is good its nearly impossible...if there is a hole up the middle its an auto 5 yards plus...or if you seal up the middle they can usually bounce it out for big yardage...its just unrealistic...stuff like that irritatates me...also the fact that quarter and dime can stop the run reletively...they improved that in 07, but it still needs to get better