PDA

View Full Version : Moses' Mock Draft (Oct. 18, 2006)

Moses
10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Moses' Mock Draft

October 18, 2006

1. Oakland Raiders - Brady Quinn QB SR Notre Dame

2. Tenneessee Titans - Calvin Johnson WR JR Georgia Tech

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gaines Adams DE SR Clemson

4. Miami Dolphins - Joe Thomas OT SR Wisconsin

5. Green Bay Packers - Adrian Peterson RB JR Oklahoma

6. Houston Texans - LaRon Landry S SR L.S.U.

7. Detroit Lions - Quentin Moses DE SR Georgia

8. Buffalo Bills - Marcus McCauley CB SR Fresno St.

9. Cleveland Browns - Antoine Cason CB JR Arizona

10. San Francisco 49ers - Leon Hall CB SR Michigan

11. Arizona Cardinals - Paul Posluszny OLB SR Penn St.

12. New York Jets - Marshawn Lynch RB JR Cal

13. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch DT JR Michigan

14. Kansas City Chiefs - Levi Brown OT SR Penn St.

15. St Louis Rams - Victor Abiamiri DE SR Notre Dame

16. Minnesota Vikings - Patrick Willis LB SR Ole Miss

17. New York Giants - Frank Okam DT JR Texas

18. New Orleans Saints - Rufus Alexander OLB SR Oklahoma

19. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blalock OG/OT SR Texas

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - LaMarr Woodley OLB SR Michigan

21. Philidelphia Eagles - Michael Bush RB SR Louisville

22. Denver Broncos - Quinn Pitcock DT SR Ohio St.

23. Carolina Panthers - Buster Davis LB SR Florida St.

24. Baltimore Ravens - Kenny Irons RB SR Auburn

25. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Dwayne Jarrett WR JR USC

26. San Diego Chargers - Ted Ginn Jr. WR JR Ohio St.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Michael Griffin S SR Texas

28. New England Patriots - H.B. Blades LB SR Pittsburgh

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Adam Carriker DE SR Nebraska

30. Cinnicinati Bengals - Marcus Thomas DT SR Florida

31. Indiapolis Colts - Brandon Siler LB JR Florida

32. Chicago Bears - Joe Staley OT SR Central Michigan

SeanTaylorRIP
10-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Skins getting Alan Branch, best Mock I have ever seen in my life. A++

shavedaeyebrow2
10-18-2006, 05:35 PM
love the jets pick

10-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Decent Cardinals pick but I would prefer Willis or Levi Brown

Great Colts pick.

remix 6
10-18-2006, 06:04 PM
can u get Griffin to Patriots..and since ATL likely wont take WR..we can get 1 with the 2nd pick or give us Siller

Jarrett + HB Baldes..alright but Blades is kinda small id rather have Griffin when hes still there

Dillen
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Eagles would probably take Griffin in that situation...and I used to bash the hell out of people giving the Eagles RBs but if it's in a situation like this I guess I'm fine with it.

JPF
10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Good Panthers pick, but I think we'd be hardpressed to pass on Griffin.

TitleTown088
10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
me gusta esto mucho.

10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
gotta love Puz

PalmerToCJ
10-18-2006, 07:55 PM
It is very unlikely that the Bengals will take a DT. We're average to above average at DT so far this season. It's our ends and LB's that are struggling. Our best end Justin Smith will be gone for next year so that puts even further emphasis on taking a DE round 1, still a DT is better than a TE :lol:

Smooth Criminal
10-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I like the pick but there might be a bigger need at OT. Right now we only have 3 tackles on the roster and Starks will probably be let go in the offseason. Essex will start on the right side but we need a guy that can play LT for the future once Marvel Smith is gone. A guy like Sam Baker or Levi Brown would be my favorite pick.

jetvilma51
10-18-2006, 08:40 PM
i really like Abiamiri but i can live with Marshawn

Jonathan_VIlma
10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Leon Washington is looking like a feature back to me. We can't compliment him with another 15 touch a game type of guy. We need more of a bruiser and Cedric Houston looks like he could be that guy. No runningback for us in the first as of now, assuming Washington keeps up this pace.

Gimme a 3-4 box player. Alan Branch, Frank Okam, Woodley, maybe Abiamiri as a 3-4 end. On offense we have third and fourth round concerns in guard and fullback, and late we could take a project right tackle. But our 1st two picks should really be defense, with our second second rounder being offensive help somewhere (maybe Brian Leonard).

critesy
10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
LOVE IT, for the skins :D :D good job, A+++ :wink:

beat you ghetto

draftguru151
10-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Joe Thomas in Miami=<3.

Finsfan79
10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Joe knows blocking

bring him to miami please

AkiliSmith
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM
While DT is a good pick, I don't think the Bengals will draft any players with character issues anymore.

mikedoobie
10-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Great Ravens draft, fills a need and quality of the pick

IrishBrowns
10-18-2006, 10:52 PM
thats a solid mock....good job

The OUTLAW
10-19-2006, 01:25 AM
I realize that the Browns are down to their 4,5, &6th CB's, but I'm pretty sure they aren't planning to have the top 3 get injured again. So, them taking a CB in the first round seems a bit short sighted on your part. The area of need's are on the offensive and defensive lines.

mcdlaxbonz13
10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
I realize that the Browns are down to their 4,5, &6th CB's, but I'm pretty sure they aren't planning to have the top 3 get injured again. So, them taking a CB in the first round seems a bit short sighted on your part. The area of need's are on the offensive and defensive lines.

id have to beg to differ because most likely mccutchen will be realeased, baxter has proven he is made of glass so that really just leaves us with bodden and then what we have now so i think drafting a corner is actually an option and one i like. now with the certain corner you picked i personally prefer leon hall but at this stage in the game it really doesnt matter who ur giving us more over just the position

dcarey20
10-19-2006, 08:02 PM

:D awesome pick

ShutDwn
10-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Panthers need a Safety, and Griffin would be perfect.

critesy09
10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
It is very unlikely that the Bengals will take a DT. We're average to above average at DT so far this season. It's our ends and LB's that are struggling. Our best end Justin Smith will be gone for next year so that puts even further emphasis on taking a DE round 1, still a DT is better than a TE :lol:

I could also see them addressing the center position this year

jkpigskin
10-19-2006, 10:30 PM
though i would love to get o-line help first, Irons is a great value....

im not a chargers fan, but if you guys can get ted ginn jr... your O could be very scary

SilverSlick
10-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Great job on the draft. I do disagree on Jarrett and Ginn falling that far though and I'd be more than happy with Hall, but personally I'm hoping for Branch.

The OUTLAW
10-20-2006, 12:11 AM

id have to beg to differ because most likely mccutchen will be realeased, baxter has proven he is made of glass so that really just leaves us with bodden and then what we have now so i think drafting a corner is actually an option and one i like. now with the certain corner you picked i personally prefer leon hall but at this stage in the game it really doesnt matter who ur giving us more over just the position

If you don't improve the defensive and offensive lines the defense will be tired out from being on the field all the time and like last year nobody would have to throw the ball because they can just run the ball at will. And don't get me started about the lack of a pass rush. I think taking another skill player in the first round would be among the stupidest things the Browns could do (my one exception would be Adrian Peterson). We can agree to disagree on this but I am firm on my belief.

Vespasian
10-20-2006, 01:37 AM
I gave you a failing grade for screwing up the very first pick in the draft.

kazkal
10-20-2006, 04:45 AM
With Alan Branch,pitcock,okam,adams and moses all off the board o_O I could see this happening.....I would rather trade down though bengals havent taken a risk in rnd 1 and I perfer keep it that way.

kazkal
10-20-2006, 04:51 AM
It is very unlikely that the Bengals will take a DT. We're average to above average at DT so far this season. It's our ends and LB's that are struggling. Our best end Justin Smith will be gone for next year so that puts even further emphasis on taking a DE round 1, still a DT is better than a TE Laughing

I could also see them addressing the center position this year

Agreed on character risk...they could take a Center if guycheck isen't looking like the future when it comes draft day but not in rnd 1.....people seem to forget though took rich 4-5 years before he became the center guycheck had a tough start but he was a noobie going vs 3 3-4 teams in a row.

POTC we can resign justin and then draft a end ;) that way we can have 2 good ones...Bengals let justin go its a step backwords sense Peko and Him are the only 2 players worth a damn on our line.

disgruntledjetsfan
10-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Any mock draft in which the Jets get Marshawn Lynch I will give a thumbs up to :D

Chris
10-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Gross. I do not want a white DT on my team. Get Quinn out of there and give us Dwayne Jarrett at that point in the draft.

njx9
10-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Gross. I do not want a white DT on my team. Get Quinn out of there and give us Dwayne Jarrett at that point in the draft.

why?

P-L
10-20-2006, 12:45 PM

why?

Chris is racist, maybe?

njx9
10-20-2006, 01:11 PM

why?

Chris is racist, maybe?

i'd have never figured him for keak-style racism, though.

Chris
10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Because Pitcock is ugly and he sucks. Not really a good fit either, in my opinion. I was kidding about him being white, but he is ugly.

Greg Behrendt
10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Chris is awesome

raiderfan4life
10-20-2006, 08:14 PM

F-

Crow
10-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Same. Painfully unresearched, out of touch pick.

Moses
10-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Same. Painfully unresearched, out of touch pick.

I love how fans of teams just make outright stupid statements like this and have no justification for it.

draftguru151
10-21-2006, 02:48 PM
To be fair the Raiders fan have been justifying it for probably 2 years, if you don't know the argument by now I'm more worried about you than them.

Moses
10-21-2006, 02:50 PM
To be fair the Raiders fan have been justifying it for probably 2 years, if you don't know the argument by now I'm more worried about you than them.

Then copy and paste it. There is holes in their philosophy. The Raiders franchise is a mess and is going to be torn apart and then rebuilt. That starts with the quarterback position.

Crow
10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Then copy and paste it. There is holes in their philosophy. The Raiders franchise is a mess and is going to be torn apart and then rebuilt. That starts with the quarterback position.

You have a source inside the organization leaking this information to you? No? Didn't think so. Now shut the hell up.

Moses
10-21-2006, 10:59 PM

You have a source inside the organization leaking this information to you? No? Didn't think so. Now shut the hell up.

Nice justification. The same can be said about your argument. Most reputable draft websites are saying that Quinn is going #1 overall to the Raiders at this point in the process. It's still early but that's the general consensus. It could be wrong, it could be right, but it's definitely possible. At least present somewhat of a justification if you're going to start chirping.

Windy
10-21-2006, 11:05 PM
solid mock

Crow
10-21-2006, 11:27 PM

Nice justification. The same can be said about your argument. Most reputable draft websites are saying that Quinn is going #1 overall to the Raiders at this point in the process. It's still early but that's the general consensus. It could be wrong, it could be right, but it's definitely possible. At least present somewhat of a justification if you're going to start chirping.

As you've already been told, the justification has been explained ad nauseum for about 2 years now, and proven correct at every turn. But, for the search function challenged here, I'll summarize.

1. Al Davis doesn't do 1st round QBs. In 40 years, he's drafted exactly two. The last being a huge bust and a long damn time ago.

2. Al Davis prefers veteran QBs. Time and again, he's demonstrated this.

3. Al Davis is not going to pay someone 1st round money to ride the bench. That's just not going to happen. I don't think it's ever happened.

4. Al Davis' drafting of Andrew Walter on day one was clear evidence to anyone who's familiar with how the crazy old bastard works that he saw Walter as a future starter.

5. Al Davis does not give up easily on players he hand picks. James Jett and Derrick Gibson come immediately to mind.

6. Al Davis passed on superior QB prospects the last two seasons.

7. Only an idiot gives up on a young QB after one season. That's just brutally bad team management.

8. Walter has shown poise and pocket awareness far superior to the last two QBs we lined up under center. At his age and experience level, that's pretty impressive.

9. There's no such thing as a "reputable draftsite". No offense to Scott, as I really enjoy this site. But all he, or any other draftnik does is guess. Some, like the supposed need for a rookie QB in Oakland, are very uneducated guesses. Possibly just stubbornness due to Al Davis' refusal to do what other people think he should do. I suck at predicting what other teams will do, but I've gotten pretty good at figuring out/making educated guesses as to which direction Al will go in.

10. No. It's not possible. Oakland doesn't need a 1st day QB. If Oakland does in fact draft at #1 overall, Quinn will go no higher than #2. The Raiders passed on Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Leinart, and Jay Cutler when everyone was certain that we had no other alternative but to draft a "franchise QB". They've been wrong so far. They'll be wrong again.

11. "Franchise QBs" are the biggest fable in the NFL. All they're good for is ratings and jersey sales. Before Roethlisberger rode the Steelers' D/ground game to the Superbowl, when was the last time a QB drafted in the 1st round won a Superbowl with the team who drafted him? Do some digging. You'll find that it's been a while.

12. The people who keep screaming for the Raiders to draft a QB are those who rarely...if ever...even watch a Raiders game. Much like you. You can't look at a QB's stats and tell whether he's any good or not. It's just not that simple. 90% of you don't even go that far. "Scott/Kiper/Idiot X says Oakland needs a QB, so it must be true." Get the hell out of here with that garbage. Independant thought is not only a good idea, it's damn near critical to ever gaining any credibility. Not just here, but in the real world. Might wanna marinate on that for a bit.

smittyjs
10-21-2006, 11:33 PM
:D Nice titans pick

boJamison
10-21-2006, 11:38 PM
i like Alan branch going to the skins He would dom. there him and griffin i also like Amobi Okoye here if the skins somehow get good.

Staubach12
10-21-2006, 11:57 PM
This is an alright mock. One of my main problems is Ginn dropping so low.

17. New York Giants - Frank Okam DT JR Texas

I don't know if I see Okam going before Pitcock.

19. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blalock OG/OT SR Texas

We would take Ginn here instead.

21. Philidelphia Eagles - Michael Bush RB SR Louisville

Bush going in the 1st round is iffy for me because of the injury.

They're kind of crowded at RB right now and I think they like the young Musa Smith as their future RB.

25. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Dwayne Jarrett WR JR USC

Jarrett won't go before Ginn.

28. New England Patriots - H.B. Blades LB SR Pittsburgh

He's not really a 3-4 guy.