PDA

View Full Version : undrafted FA thread

georgiafan
04-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Post everything about undrafted free agents in this thread

ksfalconsfan
04-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I think Petrino will at least bring in Nate Harris, MLB from Louisville. He's coached him, so he knows if he's the kind of guy he wants. Obviously he already somewhat knows the defensive scheme, so that could give him an advantage...

Then again, Petrino didn't show much bias to Louisville guys in the draft, I expected us to get Michael Bush at #75, we passed on him, or Kolby Smith at #133, and he passed on him too.

DraftMichaelHuff
04-30-2007, 01:07 AM
i want
1. Anthony Arline CB Baylor - Dime backer
2. Julius Wilson OT UAB - compition between him and Ominyale.
3. Walter Tomas NT- open competition with Tommy Jackson, Darrel Shroposhire, (guy we drafted today) and Anthony Bryant
4. Tyrone Moss HB - really good player, just see what hes got
5. Antwan Appliewhite DE -compitition with mallard, carrington, and our other UDFA

iloxygenil
04-30-2007, 01:11 AM
I want Arline too and I about flipped when I read this cause I thought you were reporting who we had picked up.

DraftMichaelHuff
04-30-2007, 01:24 AM
haha, we wish!
tyrone "hands off" moss is gone, which is ok, he was at the bottom of my want list. I really want a guy from the U though i like their swagger and attitude, i dont support the team or anything but thats a place kinda like Vtech there all cocky and like brothers.

Imagine Kenny Phillips next year or Xavier Adibi, i saw a pic of him, hes so built he doesnt look human

Anyway that OT from UAB and Anthony Arline, are my two guys

Almost forgot, we DID GET a UDFA DE from V tech, his triangle numbers are atrocious hopefully he plays better than his numbers suggest

can i say again that i am really really starting to like that OT from UAB. check him out

iloxygenil
04-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Adibi is the top of my draft board.

DraftMichaelHuff
04-30-2007, 01:44 AM
really where (no bias of course) does he look like fitting. Us Aussies dont get alot of V tech college ball over here. Is he Ernie Simms level or off the chain like Lavar Arrington was, who (at the risk of sounding like a 15 year old AFMBer) i wouldnt mind signing for the vet minimum.

Kenny Phillips is the man too. Agree? SS of the future? lol

d34ng3l021
04-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Kenny Phillips is a top10 pick. With the way safeties are valued he could go top5. The safety I want though is Myron Rolle, S for FSU. AUGH. He makes me drool...

And Adibi is a LB, no? He is also one of the best at his position in next years draft. Not to mention he seems like a guy who will jump up due to a good combine.

DraftMichaelHuff
04-30-2007, 02:55 AM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=246239
please be true
Walter Thomas

might be those clowns playing around

ATLDirtyBirds
04-30-2007, 05:47 AM
I don't want Adibi or Phillips. Both are more than likely top 15 picks, and I dont want that.

D-Rod
04-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Next year, I want a stud LT in the 1st (unless Omiyale emerges..!). There are a number of good ones, a few potentially elite, and thanks to Schaub we have the ammo to move up for the one we want (hopefully we will be picking around 18 - 25).

These guys are all potential 1st rounders:

Ryan Clady, Boise State, 6-6, 325 (jr)
Michael Oher, Ole Miss, 6-5, 330 (jr)
Jake Long, Michigan, 6-6, 320
Sam Baker, USC, 6-5, 305
Jared Gaither, Maryland, 6-8, 330 (jr)
Kirk Barton, Ohio State, 6-5, 310

That'll pretty much sort our offense (maybe a 3rd round power back).

Rest of the draft can go on D: maybe SS and DT in the 2nd round.

Always nice to look ahead...

georgiafan
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I hear we have signed LB Tony Taylor

iloxygenil
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Sam Baker is way up my list too. But right now, Adibi is topping my list, he is a straight up baller. In a couple years I would LOVE Myron Rolle.

bigfanga
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
I hope we bring in Jon Abbate. Let him & Jordan Beck (and maybe Nate Harris) fight for the MLB slot and move Brooking back outside.

d34ng3l021
04-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Sam Baker is way up my list too. But right now, Adibi is topping my list, he is a straight up baller. In a couple years I would LOVE Myron Rolle.

I want Myron Rolle SO BADLY dude. Lets just give up our whole draft when he comes out and draft him.

iloxygenil
04-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Lol yeah, he's got the ability to be the greatest to ever play the game at Safety. Anyone who can start at FSU as a freshman is saying something, Bowden HATES playing Freshmen especially in the secondary. He jst doesn't do it all that often. But yeah, the kid is a world beater already, just wait til he's a Junior / Senior, he'll be a top 5 pick more than likely.

georgiafan
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2007/04/30/0430falcdogs.html

iloxygenil
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
That sucks...I wanted Anoiai

DraftMichaelHuff
05-01-2007, 04:51 AM
As usual lol this teams drafts players i like, but dont even look at guys i like as UDFA's every year. Why did we sign a LB that ran a 5 second 40? Hopefully he was injured or something. San Deigo signed so many guys ... around 20

D-Rod
05-01-2007, 05:18 AM
And the Saints got both Rhema McKnight and Walter Thomas. Grrr. And TB got Kenny Scott. We certainly should have got Scott.

georgiafan
05-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Falcons sign LB Tony Taylor, I am very exicted abot this. If we would have drafted him in the 5th or 6th round I would have been happy. This year was his 2nd year back from his acl injury and he had 96 tackles and 7 Interceptions, 3 sacks, 7.5 TFL, and 2 TD. He lead us in tackles and his 7 picks was one of the best in the country. He can play all 3 LB spots and is a good special teams player.

BNad
05-01-2007, 08:43 PM
http://atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=19179

DL Noland Burchette (Virginia Tech), P Gordon Ely-Kelso (Georgia), OL Renardo Foster (Louisville), S Jermaine Johnson (Mississippi State), WR Vincent Marshall (Houston), WR Eric Newman (Louisiana Tech), DL David Patterson (Ohio State), OL Kurt Quarterman (Louisville), DL Kelly Talavou (Utah), LB Tony Taylor (Georgia), RB Justin Vincent (LSU), WR Eric Weems (Bethune-Cookman), and LS Ryan West (Tennessee)

DraftMichaelHuff
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
That sucks my #1 guy went the the Dolphins. im telling you now the UAB OT Juluis Wilson would of beaten out Ominyale in camp and been our backup, he is the same size and Levi Brown, faster, and his only problem was commitment, good pickup Dolphins

D-Rod
05-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Nice to see Quarterman there, I had been targetting him as a draft pick.

I think the best pickups are: Quarterman, Taylor, Vincent and Patterson.

Not a bad batch, but there were a few we missed on - but I guess we are competing with 31 other teams!!