04-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Rhema Mcnight. Find another NT

leroyisgod
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm down with Myles and McKnight.

reigle9
04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm down with Myles and McKnight.
I would be too if there were unlimited roster spots.

nrcirc
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Joe Anoai GT DT

Im_a_Romosexual
04-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Anybody who can play NT

thule
04-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Dallas has signed.

QB Matt Moore from Oregon State
FB Jackie Battle from Houston
Only tackled six times behind the line in his entire career.

jdnoyes
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=640123&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3f s%3d112%26p%3d2%26c%3d640123

Ok look at this picture and tell me who it is???

I am 99% sure its our boy Walter

and I don't subscribe to scout.com's premium content so I can't read the story...but it damn sure looks like him to me

thule
04-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Also signed

Jerard rabb - wr boise state

thule
04-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Some more but these aren't confirmed.

Unconfirmed - Steve Rissler, C, Florida
Unconfirmed - Robert Turner, G, New Mexico

Paul
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Dallas has signed.

QB Matt Moore from Oregon State
FB Jackie Battle from Houston
Only tackled six times behind the line in his entire career.

Niiiceee. They were talking about Moore the whole draft, he sounds intriguing. And nothing wrong with a FB who runs in the 4.4's

Paul
04-29-2007, 09:35 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/38/382981.jpg
6-3 195 4.91

Strengths:
Naturally athletic...Decent size...Arm strength is adequate...Mobile enough to buy time in the pocket...Has nice touch and timing...Smart and he was able to handle a pro style offense...Very confident and a great leader...Tough and a gamer who rises to the occasion under pressure...Improving and had a great senior season.

Weaknesses:
Could stand to add some weight...Has some durability concerns...Ball security is an issue...Very inconsistent with his accuracy...Only had one really goodyear in college...Will stare down his receivers...Timed speed is below average...Upside?

Notes:
Was selected in the 22nd round of the Major League Baseball amateur draft by the Angels in June of '04...Father, Don, played baseball in the St. Louis Cardinals organization...Began his college career at UCLA and he actually started as a true freshman...Did not play while at College of the Canyons in '04 before joining the Beavers...Intriguing prospect who just might develop into a solid backup one day.

Pos:
Athletic passer who displayed a much-improved game last season. Sells the ball fakes, displays a sense of timing and can throw on the move. Puts touch on throws when necessary, laying the pass in front of targets. Has the ability to pick up yardage with his legs.

Neg:
Forces the ball into covered receivers. Average arm strength. Holds the ball too long in the pocket and misses open wide outs.

D-Fence
04-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Signing Matt Moore is a good move...

I wanted Ramonce Taylor and Walter Thomas when they were sitting there in the 7th, so I think giving either if not both of them a look would be GREAT. We gotta find a NT, so I'd make Thomas priority #1.

Paul
04-29-2007, 09:40 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=640123&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3f s%3d112%26p%3d2%26c%3d640123

Ok look at this picture and tell me who it is???

I am 99% sure its our boy Walter

and I don't subscribe to scout.com's premium content so I can't read the story...but it damn sure looks like him to me

Ola Dagunduro

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/oladagunduro.html

jdnoyes
04-29-2007, 09:42 PM
yup, read somewhere eagles got Walter signed, not sure if that is confirmed

Paul
04-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Why is everybody so danm infatuated with Thomas? Wow, a 370lb man who can do backflips...okay that's pretty impressive. But It's not like he proved anything in college.

jdnoyes
04-29-2007, 09:45 PM
people like to root for the big(literal) longshots

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Moore and Battle...i love it.

fryman
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Why is everybody so danm infatuated with Thomas? Wow, a 370lb man who can do backflips...okay that's pretty impressive. But It's not like he proved anything in college.

same reason why people liked the Courtney Brown pick...potential

Great size, really athletic for his size, and strong

also add to that the low risk, because they wouldn't lose much if he doesn't turn out.

jdnoyes
04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Moore is a great signing so is battle for that matter. Jaws loved Moore, and he's a pretty good evaluator of QB's

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Moore is a great signing so is battle for that matter. Jaws loved Moore, and he's a pretty good evaluator of QB's

Jaws was talking him up the entire draft...haha.

Great signings.

Paul
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
same reason why people liked the Courtney Brown pick...potential

Great size, really athletic for his size, and strong

also add to that the low risk, because they wouldn't lose much if he doesn't turn out.

I loved the courtney pick because of he actually produced to go with those measurables. Thomas couldn't even stay on the field.

jdnoyes
04-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I loved the courtney pick because of he actually produced to go with those measurables. Thomas couldn't even stay on the field.

I think we all agree the guy is a super long shot, its just so fun to root for a guy like that, who maybe just maybe could turn his whole life around. He's an internet sensation...and he played 11 games of college football, pretty fun story to follow.

RGVBadBoy
04-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Did Vincent Marshall get drafted?!?! If not, PLEASE sign him!!!! He's the guy Dallas needs to return punts, kicks and play in the Slot

D-Unit
04-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Matt Moore, QB, Oregon State
Jackie Battle, RB, Houston
Jerard Rabb, WR, Boise State
Mike Jefferson, WR, Montana
Robert Turner, OL, New Mexico
Steve Rissler, C, Florida
Ola Dagunduro, DT, Nebraska

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Matt Moore, QB, Oregon State
Jackie Battle, RB, Houston
Jerard Rabb, WR, Boise State
Mike Jefferson, WR, Montana
Robert Turner, OL, New Mexico
Steve Rissler, C, Florida
Ola Dagunduro, DT, Nebraska

We apparently signed RB Alonzo Coleman....yay. (amazing work outs and combine)

I like the Robert Turner signing.

Rissler...meh... we need a center but, we could do better.

Paul
04-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Nice signing on Alonzo Coleman.

thule
04-30-2007, 08:40 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Moore plays in TC...that could cause us to carry 3 QB's on gameday.

reigle9
04-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Nice signing on Alonzo Coleman.
Four time all-conference can't be all that bad.

Achilles33
04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, in the beggining of every post can you say we either offcialy signed the guy, or you want us to sign him. Thanks.

I want to sig Ramonce Taylor.

Macarthur
04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Anyone hear anything on Duckworth the guard from Auburn, I think? Many thought he could go in the 5th or 6th.

Achilles33
04-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I would have liked to draft a guard. I don't feel that great about proctor, who is our only back-up.

LSUALUM99
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
TNEW -

Kosier, Davis, Gurode, Rivera, Marten, Proctor and McQuistan have all played or currently play Guard.

We have so much versatility in the OL that G is a non-concern.

jdnoyes
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
It sounded very much to me in the post draft press conf. that McQuistan's future may be at guard, with Free a hopeful backup and heir to Flo and Marten a versitle swing guy who can play both tackles or guard in a pinch. Combine that with Procter who can play either guard and probably center or RT in and Berger a guy people forget about who can also play guard or center and it seems like we got our depth for 07 pretty well established.

What was our 53 this year OL wise? Flo, Kosier, Gurode, Rivera, Colombo, Johnson, Procter, McQuistan, Fabini. This year barring any dramatic upsets it should be Flo, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, Colombo, Marten, Free, McQuistan and probably Procter if he can play center and Burger if he can't.

Achilles33
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I know LSU, I would just have liked a flyer in the later rounds, but it really doesn't matter. With the players and money in our o-line, they better be great, and I expect them to be great.

jdnoyes
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
For those of you who haven't seen the article I believe this is the final official list of guys that signed, although they may bring a few more in during the minicamp on a tryout basis only:

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/050107cpcowlede.36967a4.html

Matt Moore-QB-Oregon State
Jackie Battle-RB-Houston
Rodney Hannah-TE-Houston
Steve Rissler-C-Florida
Robert Turner-OT-New Mexico
Jerad Rabb-WR-Boise State
Mike Jefferson-WR-Montana State
Blair Phillips-ILB-Oregon
Alonzo Coleman-RB-Hampton
Ola Dagunduro-DT-Nebraska
Jasper Johnson-S-Central Arkansas
Dedrick Harrington-LB-Missouri

Macarthur
05-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Anyone know where Duckworth from auburn went?

Burns336
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
I know LSU, I would just have liked a flyer in the later rounds, but it really doesn't matter. With the players and money in our o-line, they better be great, and I expect them to be great.

you little *****... i knew it was you, but i couldn't figure out why you were denying it. At least now I can be more than 99.9% sure that i know what name the biggest idiot on this board ended up under.

D-Unit
05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
It sounded very much to me in the post draft press conf. that McQuistan's future may be at guard, with Free a hopeful backup and heir to Flo and Marten a versitle swing guy who can play both tackles or guard in a pinch. Combine that with Procter who can play either guard and probably center or RT in and Berger a guy people forget about who can also play guard or center and it seems like we got our depth for 07 pretty well established.

What was our 53 this year OL wise? Flo, Kosier, Gurode, Rivera, Colombo, Johnson, Procter, McQuistan, Fabini. This year barring any dramatic upsets it should be Flo, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, Colombo, Marten, Free, McQuistan and probably Procter if he can play center and Burger if he can't.
That's a very good observation. Even I forgot that McQuistan was actually a Guard in college. Moving back to guard will give him a better shot at playing time being second string behind Kosier or Davis instead of 3rd string behind Adams and Free. I like that thought a lot.

Achilles33
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Burns your an idiot, shut up and go away. Go cry over Aaron Ross, who sucks.

Burns336
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Burns your an idiot, shut up and go away. Go cry over Aaron Ross, who sucks.

hey, great argument! If thats the case im sure you could go cry over meachem, houston, maybe even ramonce taylor (i remember you had proclaimed him to be one of the next Pro Bowl RB's, but i forgot if you mentioned that he wouldnt be drafted??) As a matter of fact, ive been served with an NFLDC infraction for hurting your little feelings again. I do look forward to tearing down and destroying any and all of your pathetic arguments in the future though. Hang in there buddy, ill be back soon enough :)

Oh and just to comment about Ross, Im not so sure we wouldnt have taken him if he was still around at 22. Im alright with how we drafted -- like i said all along, I wanted defense and thats what we got, i would have liked us to adress CB on the first day, but if Wade thinks he can generate enough pressure to cover up what went wrong for us last year, im all for it. However, grabbing a reciever like you wanted to would have been a moronic move, which is why we didn't do it.

Achilles33
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
We don't need a CB at all, it would have been a horrible pick, and the value wasn't there either. I love Spencer, and I will love McFadden next year. And I said Ramonce Taylor had 1st round talent, thats all. It is not my fault he is an idiot and threw his life away.

Paul
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
For those of you who haven't seen the article I believe this is the final official list of guys that signed, although they may bring a few more in during the minicamp on a tryout basis only:

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/050107cpcowlede.36967a4.html

Matt Moore-QB-Oregon State
Jackie Battle-RB-Houston
Rodney Hannah-TE-Houston
Steve Rissler-C-Florida
Robert Turner-OT-New Mexico
Jerad Rabb-WR-Boise State
Mike Jefferson-WR-Montana State
Blair Phillips-ILB-Oregon
Alonzo Coleman-RB-Hampton
Ola Dagunduro-DT-Nebraska
Jasper Johnson-S-Central Arkansas
Dedrick Harrington-LB-Missouri

Very happy about that one.

robert_in_bigd
05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
UDFA Hype .. vunderful.

One thing I have noticed in this draft is Jerry went for more athletic players ACROSS THE BOARD.

Interesting to see if this was a Jerry thing or Ireland thing.

D-Unit
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Very happy about that one.
OH MAN!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT ONE!!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

THERE'S OUR COVERAGE ILB!!!!!! At 6'3, 245, this guy is tailor made for our Defense. I wonder who got his teammate Marcus Bacon?

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/Sep/0903slideFOOTBALL/08.jpg

Also stoked about Blair Phillips!!! This is so sweet!

jdnoyes
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM
One more guy:

Sam Paulescu, P, Oregon State

I'm guessing they needed a camp body, but if I was a punter..Dallas would be 32nd on my list.

jdnoyes
05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
UDFA Hype .. vunderful.

One thing I have noticed in this draft is Jerry went for more athletic players ACROSS THE BOARD.

Interesting to see if this was a Jerry thing or Ireland thing.

I think it was a Wade thing, Jerry said Wade is more interested in speed and athleticism than Bill was, so i'm sure Ireland has adjusted a bit based on the type of players his coach wants.

D-Unit
05-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I was kinda disappointed with our first batch of FA signings outside of Matt Moore.. but today's signings are absolutely beautiful!

Blair Phillips and Dedrick Harrington are S.T.U.D.S. STUDS!

LOL, I love blowing up the hype! :D

Seriously though... Players. I dunno if Hoyte has a good chance of returning now.

Burns336
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
We don't need a CB at all, it would have been a horrible pick, and the value wasn't there either. I love Spencer, and I will love McFadden next year. And I said Ramonce Taylor had 1st round talent, thats all. It is not my fault he is an idiot and threw his life away.

Jerry was quoted as saying "we may be going into this draft using the 'best nickle corner available' strategy" in an article i read by Matt Mayock because he thought nickle corner/kr/pr was the one spot where a first rounder could make an instant impact, so it isnt far fetched by any means to assume we would have taken a cb had Ross been available. Rush backer was also something that could have been considered as a bit of a "need" due to lack of pressure last year and was predictable because of the way Phillips run's his defense. Whereas WR was stated by our front office numerous times as being one of our deepest positions and would have been a more of a luxary pick than ANY position on defense.

and as far as my opinion and 99% of peoples opinions on these boards goes, Ramonce Taylor was no where near 1st round talent, if he was, im sure a Team like the broncos who took clarrett in the past and took thomas this year would have been able to find a place for him on their roster. He surely wouldn't have been undrafted. It's just another poor evaluation by you, which im sure most people are used to by now.

Paul
05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I really doubt Hoyte is gonna make the roster. Were filled at LB, and Battle and Anderson are alittle more polished at FB.

fryman
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I really doubt Hoyte is gonna make the roster. Were filled at LB, and Battle and Anderson are alittle more polished at FB.

How is Battle at blocking? From what I have seen he seems more like a big running back than a fullback, but I haven't really seen much of him blocking.

Paul
05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
How is Battle at blocking? From what I have seen he seems more like a big running back than a fullback, but I haven't really seen much of him blocking.

No idea on blocking. Scouting reports says he's is not that talented in that aspect. But on his size alone he could be a very good short down back. But I still have my money on Anderson being the only FB on the roster. Not sure how many FB Wade would like to keep on though.

jdnoyes
05-01-2007, 11:11 PM
No idea on blocking. Scouting reports says he's is not that talented in that aspect. But on his size alone he could be a very good short down back. But I still have my money on Anderson being the only FB on the roster. Not sure how many FB Wade would like to keep on though.

I'd guess 2 make the 53 although Battle could be a combo guy. I wouldn't be suprised to see JJ/MBII/Battle as the TB's and Anderson as the only fullback. Tyson Thompson had better come to camp ready to show off or I think he could be gone this year. I fully expect Polite to be gone, but they could keep both Hoyte and Anderson. Battle and Anderson both bring some pretty nice versitility and ability to play special teams so could be valuable guys. TT has only shown that he can return kicks, but if he can't beat out Austin he really doesn't have a place on the team.

Ward
05-02-2007, 12:25 AM

It's up to Hoyte really. He has more potential than any of them, IMO. But as some have pointed out, he tended to whiff a little last year. But if he's put time into learning the FB position more and not waiting for a chance at LB, he could beat them all out.

Ward
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
I talked to my roommate (a Missouri native and big Mizzou fan) about Harrington and he basically agreed with Scott's assessment (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/dedrickharrington.html). The only thing he disagreed on was range, he thought that his range was reasonable in college, but maybe Scott is referring to what it will be in the pros.

D-Unit
05-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Do any of you remember me wondering why the hell we don't sign some tall athletic rebounding Power Forward/Center? Like an Al Horford or Tyrus Thomas? ...thinking that they'd be the most unstoppable red zone target?

Well, well, well.... Guess someone got my memo. :D

We just signed 6'8, 245 pound Rodney Hannah a Power Forward outta Houston!!! Had a career-high 16 boards against No. 16 Louisville... Game on suckas! Let's go!

http://images.chron.com/photos/2005/01/05/5953067/311xInlineGallery.jpg

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4732543.html

I am sooo lovin' this year's UDFA crop! :D

nrcirc
05-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Full list

http://www.gbnreport.com/updatedtop300.html

thule
05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Our guys
Position School Ht. – Wt. 40-time
Matt Moore – QB Oregon State 6’3" – 192 4.92
Steve Rissler -C Florida 6’3" – 306 5.32
Blair Phillips – LB Oregon 6’2" – 246 4.84
Jerard Rabb – WR Boise State 6’2" – 201 4.60
Alonzo Coleman – RB Hampton 5’10"–207 4.36
Jackie Battle – FB Houston 6’2" – 235 4.42
Ola Dagunduro – NT Nebraska 6’2" – 310 5.05
Mike Jefferson – WR Montana State 6’2" – 195 4.59
Robert Turner – OL New Mexico 6’4" – 313 5.68
Rodney Hannah – TE Houston 6’6" – 245 4.85
Jasper Johnson – S Central Arkansas 6’1" – 211 4.56
Dedrick Harrington – LB Missouri 6’4" – 245 4.75
Alex Obomese – LB UTEP 6’3" - 230 x
Sam Paulescu – P Oregon State 6’0" - 194 x
Marcus Smith – DE/OLB Arizona 6’5" - 249 x

robert_in_bigd
05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Our guys
Position School Ht. Wt. 40-time
Matt Moore QB Oregon State 63" 192 4.92
Steve Rissler -C Florida 63" 306 5.32
Blair Phillips LB Oregon 62" 246 4.84
Jerard Rabb WR Boise State 62" 201 4.60
Alonzo Coleman RB Hampton 510"207 4.36
Jackie Battle FB Houston 62" 235 4.42
Ola Dagunduro NT Nebraska 62" 310 5.05
Mike Jefferson WR Montana State 62" 195 4.59
Robert Turner OL New Mexico 64" 313 5.68
Rodney Hannah TE Houston 66" 245 4.85
Jasper Johnson S Central Arkansas 61" 211 4.56
Dedrick Harrington LB Missouri 64" 245 4.75
Alex Obomese LB UTEP 63" - 230 x
Sam Paulescu P Oregon State 60" - 194 x
Marcus Smith DE/OLB Arizona 65" - 249 x

Great job getting some athletes. List has its intrigue. Would not be surprised to see a work out warrior on this list make the team in some capacity.

Good job by Jerry here IMHO.

pocketaces
05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Great job getting some athletes. List has its intrigue. Would not be surprised to see a work out warrior on this list make the team in some capacity.

Good job by Jerry here IMHO.

Wow that had to hurt!