PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Place to Play

Number 10
10-19-2006, 03:28 PM
What stadium is the toughest to play at as the visiting team?

Assuming the home team is winning. I will add options upon request to the poll.

Ward
10-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I hear Arrowhead is pretty crazy.

Mr. Stiller
10-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Homerism aside, Pittsburgh is a tough place to play.

The stadium design is night mare for Kickers, and the field sucks.

The Unseen
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
RCA Dome:

1. It is LOUD.
2. They have a great record there.
3. It is LOUD.

Jonathan_VIlma
10-19-2006, 03:52 PM
RCA Dome:

1. It is LOUD.
2. They have a great record there.
3. It is LOUD.
No offense, but while it's loud, no dome can be the toughest place to play. Never have to deal with winds or weather conditions, and while it may tough on quarterbacks, it really can't be that much of a burden to players.

diabsoule
10-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Homerism aside, Pittsburgh is a tough place to play.

The stadium design is night mare for Kickers, and the field sucks.

Even though I've never been I'd have to agree. Pittsburgh just looks ferocious in the winter, the winds in the endzone give kickers nightmares, and the fans are fanatical. I don't know why Pittsburgh isn't on the list.

bearsfan_51
10-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Is this dependent upon the team? If so then I say Chicago just because we're such a good time at home right now.

If it's without regard to the quality of the team I would say Arrowhead or the Metrodome.

Number 10
10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Is this dependent upon the team? If so then I say Chicago just because we're such a good time at home right now.

If it's without regard to the quality of the team I would say Arrowhead or the Metrodome.

I said this is assuming the home team is a winning team.

Basileus777
10-19-2006, 04:01 PM
It is either KC or Denver (which should be on this poll). Is the Georgia Dome really a tough place to play?

Mr. Stiller
10-19-2006, 04:04 PM

If the home team is winning by 10 it is hands down Pittsburgh.

101-1-1 when winning by 10.

bearsfan_51
10-19-2006, 04:07 PM

:lol:

Well if the sun is pointed exactely 45 degrees from Uranus then it's the Jaguars. Way to pull out a completely irrelivant and random piece of information there.

Shiver
10-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Seattle is beastly.

sweetness34
10-19-2006, 04:20 PM
The Rollerdome IMO is the toughest place to play. We've always had trouble up there and I can't stand that place.

Outdoors; probably Arrowhead, Seattle, or Chicago.

Namy
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
In December, it's Arrowhead. You just can't beat the Chiefs there during the winter. Call me a homer, but how is Denver not up there? Maybe they're not THE best but they, along with the Seahawks, were undefeated at home last season and so far have a perfect record at home (and don't forget the altitude)... so... they at least deserve recognition in the poll

Also the fact that Green Bay, Minny, and Atlanta are up there is a joke with Pittsburgh and Denver not... btw, this may receive some criticism but I Think you can put the Saints up there too... They've been great at home this season.

Mr. Stiller
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Well if the sun is pointed exactely 45 degrees from Uranus then it's the Jaguars. Way to pull out a completely irrelivant and random piece of information there.

Read the Bold, Original Poster said "Home Team is winning"..

I find it hard to Win, In Pittsburgh, When Pittsburgh is winning by 10.

101 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie since Cowher has been coach. How is that Irrelevant?

bearsfan_51
10-19-2006, 04:58 PM

Read the Bold, Original Poster said "Home Team is winning"..

I find it hard to Win, In Pittsburgh, When Pittsburgh is winning by 10.

101 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie since Cowher has been coach. How is that Irrelevant?
He meant if it was a winning team, not if they were actually winning the game.

Besides..most teams that are able to run the ball are good at home when they're up by 10.

Shiver
10-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Seattle's record at home since '03: 23-3.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I say Chicago. Lights out defense + Cold weather + Extreme wind + Crazy Fans who've been waiting since 1985 for a year like this = toughest place.

someone447
10-19-2006, 05:11 PM
If it is when it is a good team, then it has to be the Metrodome or Lambeau. The Metrodome because everything about it is f'ed up. The lights, the air conditioning, everything. Lambeau, because well, when the packers are good, no one beats them in lambeau. But this year, probably soldier field. It is the same as lambeau, when the bears are good, they just dont lose there.

thetedginnshow
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
In most cases, I think it'd be Qwest, maybe the RCA, and probably Arrowhead. But if we're talking about in the winter, places like Lambeau and Soldier Field are pretty ridiculous.

Staubach12
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
No one's said Philly. :?

T-RICH49
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Homer alert.....Arrowhead.KC has'nt lost in over a dedcade in December or January

Splat
10-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Denver should be on the poll for sure I would not say KC any more but back in the day it was.

danman253
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Seattle's record at home since '03: 23-3.

:D

Its either Qwest or Chicago.

I've been to soldier ield prolly over 20 times, and its crazy

10-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I think the RCA Dome deserves some consideration, however it is KC.

San Diego Chicken
10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
When you factor in the altitude, I think Denver is the hardest place to play. It is as loud as any stadium, but the weather can get crazy in a hurry and the altitude is a very difficult adjustment for any team. No dome should be considered the toughest place to play. I know from the Chargers perspective, they have beaten the Falcons and Colts in their dome stadiums when they were two very good teams, yet they have been owned by Arrowhead and Mile High for years. I don't think the Chargers have ever beaten both KC and Denver on the road in the same year in my lifetime.

San Diego Chicken
10-19-2006, 05:58 PM
The hardest NFC venues, IMO, are Seattle and Green Bay.

bearfan
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Soldier Field:
-cold
-crazy fans
-cold

HawkeyeFan
10-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Right now its Soldier Field, in History its Lambaeu Field.

Dam8610
10-19-2006, 06:25 PM

The RCA Dome deserves some consideration. The Colts are 17-2 there since 2004, the noise level consistently gets to that of a jet engine, and teams try to lobby complaints that the Colts "pump noise" into the stadium (though they've never done that when I've been there).

jackalope
10-19-2006, 06:58 PM

If it's without regard to the quality of the team I would say Arrowhead or the Metrodome.i hate the metrodome, that probably should be up there.

jkpigskin
10-19-2006, 08:18 PM
i would have to say seattle.... the noise has made a difference in the past

Basileus777
10-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Homer alert.....Arrowhead.KC has'nt lost in over a dedcade in December or January

In the regular season. :(

Space Ghost
10-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Phili.

yourfavestoner
10-19-2006, 08:49 PM

The RCA Dome deserves some consideration. The Colts are 17-2 there since 2004, the noise level consistently gets to that of a jet engine, and teams try to lobby complaints that the Colts "pump noise" into the stadium (though they've never done that when I've been there).

I still think the piped in noise was an issue. Jaguars.com Senior Reporter Vic Ketchman has noted that the RCA Dome is not nearly as loud as it was before the complaints. Several Steelers players also said there was a noticeable dropoff in the level of noise in the regular season game and the playoff game.

Dam8610
10-19-2006, 09:02 PM

I still think the piped in noise was an issue. Jaguars.com Senior Reporter Vic Ketchman has noted that the RCA Dome is not nearly as loud as it was before the complaints. Several Steelers players also said there was a noticeable dropoff in the level of noise in the regular season game and the playoff game.

Does he have scientific evidence to back that? Because an independent study was done immediately after those accusations were made, and it was found that the next week against Tennessee (a team that wasn't even a competitor last season) the RCA Dome actually reached HIGHER decibel levels than it had the previous week. So, unless he can debunk that, or provide his own evidence to the contrary, I'll believe the scientific evidence.

Beans
10-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Tampa has a ******* pirate ship.

THREAD OVER.

10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
if i were an opposing fan i would never want to go to oakland.its not uncommon to see opposing fans get beat up there and i mean beat bad!!!

10-19-2006, 09:20 PM
if i were an opposing fan i would never want to go to oakland.its not uncommon to see opposing fans get beat up there and i mean beat bad!!!

Like as bad as the Raiders get beat?

10-19-2006, 09:21 PM

Like as bad as the Raiders get beat? :lol: exactly.

10-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Seattle's Stadium is part of the reason I am picking them to win over us this upcoming game.

Denver Bronco99
10-19-2006, 09:35 PM
i def think invesco...i mean we are undefeated...altitude....its LOUD

BlindSite
10-19-2006, 10:36 PM
The easiest is probably carolina. The crowd makes minimal noise at all times and doesn't know the meaning of the word third down.

jsagan77
10-19-2006, 11:55 PM
It's got to be Denver right?

TIP
10-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Easily Seattle. Easily

Mr. Stiller
10-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Cleveland. Where else can you be unanimously pelted with Beer Bottles.

Iamcanadian
10-20-2006, 01:34 AM
That's easy, Denver has the best home record over the last 20 years. Adjusting to their cities above sea level, has proved to be very difficult for every team.

njx9
10-20-2006, 09:05 AM
That's easy, Denver has the best home record over the last 20 years. Adjusting to their cities above sea level, has proved to be very difficult for every team.

we have the best home record over the last *thirty-five* years. i'm also quite sure we have the best home record since 2000 (though i certainly haven't counted the games).

how denver wasn't even an option on this....

T-RICH49
10-20-2006, 09:32 AM

In the regular season. :(

that's true

draftguru151
10-20-2006, 09:35 AM
It's between Kansas City and Denver. Kansas City gets crazy.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-20-2006, 04:28 PM
As I and several others have said, Denver at the very least deserves an option.

TIP
10-20-2006, 08:09 PM

we have the best home record over the last *thirty-five* years. i'm also quite sure we have the best home record since 2000 (though i certainly haven't counted the games).

R U Sure Seattle doesn't beat you? They're 23-3 at home since '03, but not to sure how they were the years before

detknowitall
10-20-2006, 09:48 PM
ive been to 14 different stadiums including Chicago, Seattle, Cleveland, and Philly, and by far Philly fans take the largest toll on someone's sanity.

Ho0k Em'
10-20-2006, 10:22 PM

R U Sure Seattle doesn't beat you? They're 23-3 at home since '03, but not to sure how they were the years before

The Chiefs are like 42-4 since 2000 or 2001 at home.

njx9
10-20-2006, 11:18 PM

just since shanny got here, we're 70-18, and that doesn't even begin to count about two more decades of excellence.

since 1974, we're 188-61-1. if you can find a team with a better record than that i'll be flabbergasted.

Ho0k Em'
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM

just since shanny got here, we're 70-18, and that doesn't even begin to count about two more decades of excellence.

since 1974, we're 188-61-1. if you can find a team with a better record than that i'll be flabbergasted.

We have the highest home winning percentage since 92'.......kudos?

njx9
10-20-2006, 11:48 PM

source? not that i don't believe you, but i'd like to see a list if one exists

yourfavestoner
10-21-2006, 03:49 AM

Does he have scientific evidence to back that? Because an independent study was done immediately after those accusations were made, and it was found that the next week against Tennessee (a team that wasn't even a competitor last season) the RCA Dome actually reached HIGHER decibel levels than it had the previous week. So, unless he can debunk that, or provide his own evidence to the contrary, I'll believe the scientific evidence.

There was no scientific evidence. Ketchman and the Steelers' players were merely voicing their opinion that they felt the crowd level isn't as loud as it was before the accusations were made. It could be nothing more than coincidence.

detknowitall
10-21-2006, 08:25 AM

but your fans are still nice. Philly's are mean and wont hesitate to throw a beer on you.

keylime_5
10-21-2006, 09:27 AM
KC hands down

Ho0k Em'
10-21-2006, 11:15 AM

source? not that i don't believe you, but i'd like to see a list if one exists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs

Since 1992, no NFL team has a better regular season home winning percentage than Kansas City (27-5 (.844) record).

Take Wikipedia for what it's worth.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/581293.html

That just has some pointless facts.

10-21-2006, 01:39 PM
used to be lambert field before sherman wrecked the team. Now, I'd have to say Seatttle.

dpl85
10-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I would vote for Philly but that's probably heavily influenced by the fact that I'm a Cowboys fan. Philly has to be at least top 2 or 3 for sure, the weather can be a factor late in the season and the fans are always loud and crazy, but the new Linc doesn't seem quite as intimadating as the old Vet.

portermvp84
10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna say either the Bears are Packers. The reason for the Bears is it is so windy you can barly throw the ball. Packers their field during the winter time is so damn cold.

jmanz
10-24-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm gonna have to say Kansas City. Man that place gets rockin.

TitleTown088
10-24-2006, 03:35 PM
used to be lambert field before sherman wrecked the team. Now, I'd have to say Seatttle.

very true

but stilll it has to be soldier, Green Bay, seattle, or Denver.
The metrodome should just be illegal because it's soo gay.