PDA

View Full Version : Al Wilson

Notredameleo
04-29-2007, 06:42 PM
We pretty much have to sign this guy now. We didnt get a starting caliber LBer in this draft. I pray to god that we dont sign Quarles, he is like 35 years old or something. How did he survive in the Tampa 2 in Tampa. Isnt teh MLBer supposed to be atheltic???

Iamcanadian
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't believe Wilson is that healthy. That's why Denver cut him.

Notredameleo
04-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Did he end the Season on IR for the Broncos???

Iamcanadian
04-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Did he end the Season on IR for the Broncos???

I think he has a cronic neck condition which severely limits his current effectiveness but don't quote me on the body part as my memory isn't what it once was. I know he has some cronic condition that limits him now.

P-L
04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I agree that we have to sign Wilson as well. However, if we do sign him I'm only going to like the signing if it is a short deal or there are injury clauses.

LionSmack
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I would accept Quarles as a one-year fix. Wilson would be a great pickup if he can play, but chances are he's not going to be available for a while. He will most likely wait to get healthy before he tries to sign anywhere, and then will command a real contract and not some cheapo bargain.

Thing is, the Lions LB situation COULD be pretty good if Bailey and Lehman stay healthy. But what are the odds of that? I say you sign Quarles (assuming he is healthy enough to play) to a one-year deal and look for more help next year.

asmitty45
04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Im sure wilson is looking to sign a short term deal to prove he's healthy, if we can get him cheap i think we should absolutely sign him.

LionSmack
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I disagree, the pattern with star players like him is not to sign a contract while their health is still up in the air, making them have to sign a bargain-basement deal. Usually they wait until they're ready to pass a physical and then demand the same type of contract as they had before. Now, if Wilson can do that and he's interested in the Lions, then by all means get him, even at a normal price.

You can bank on one thing: We will not get a player like Wilson, and probably not even Quarles, at below market value. The Lions won't sign them if they can't play if they can play they won't sign with the Lions for less than their market value.

detroit4life
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
i think they are confident that Lehman is healthy and will take over MLB

woodnick
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
With the Lions history and the Tampa connection, I envision Quarles as our starting MLB.

DeMonikk1
04-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Quarles for a year but they really need to address the ILB postion next year..

woodnick
04-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Quarles for a year but they really need to address the ILB postion next year..

I agree completely, we should try to trade for Vilma since the Jets got Harris and Vilma doesn't fit into the 3-4 very well.

DeMonikk1
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree completely, we should try to trade for Vilma since the Jets got Harris and Vilma doesn't fit into the 3-4 very well.

I would love that but with them having Vilma to be free to roam and now Harris to be more of the in the box guy, the Jets are set at ILB..

Notredameleo
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
How Old Is Quarles!!!

lionsfan81
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
im sorry everyone, but we arent going to sign either, as much as we would like the lions to.

reinar
04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Lions are happy with MLB, and no veterans are coming our way, also why they didnt address it in the draft.

so they missed trading down and picking up Hall (CB) and 2 extra picks, to add yet another WR to Martz offense.

unless he catches for 1500 yards, 20 TD's and gets rookie of the year. I dont see it beign the same as 3 players input, which with the way trading went, and our extra 5th rounders, could have been 4 total First Round picks.