Number 10
04-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Earl Everett would be nice

Roderick Rogers at FS

Cory Anderson at FB

Tim Duckworth at G

Forenci
04-29-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll throw a name into the mix at running back, a guy who I have personally seen play at the University of Connecticut.

The guy got benched because of a rising star in Donald Brown, but I really like that guy. Good character, has a balance of speed and power.

Terry Caulley.

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Well it looks like we already signed Craig Dahl.

Forenci
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Wow! That was quick. I don't know much about him I'm afraid.

It's nice to have such informed people on our team board!

Anyone got any more details on Dahl?

Damix
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
ST player, but you need them too, prob PS if I had to guess

Damix
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Well it looks like we already signed Craig Dahl.

Cool just added another green bar to you =D

scottyboy
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/craigdahl.html

intense and loves the game, sounds like a TC player to me

ricky bobby
04-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Awesome. I've had him as a late round selection for us in my last 5 or so mock drafts.

Number 10
04-29-2007, 09:14 PM
not suprised by Dahl, the Giants requested that he work out at Parisi (NJ based pre-combine traning center)

hugegmenfan
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
tim duckworth i would consider

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Apparently we also landed Brandon London WR UMass.

http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042907aaa.html

Number 10
04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
tim duckworth i would consider

I'd love Duckworth.

Damix
04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Big guy, not much speed, a lot like Mix

Forenci
04-29-2007, 09:23 PM
It'd be great if we could get Duckworth in here. I think I had him going 5th/6th round to us. Funny because some people said he wouldn't even last that long, which is pretty cool if we can get him as an UDFA. He's a guy who I honestly think is a lock for a successful 'project' guy. Some project guys never pan out, but I think in a year or two he could be a starter.

Duck has all the intangibles and a nasty streak, complete mauler. Just needs to improve his technique and he could start.

Plus I like the idea of saying, 'Ouch, look at the block by Duck'.

Gotta love the name..Duckworth, hah.

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Big guy, not much speed, a lot like Mix

Yeah, you can't expect much from any of these guys. I always say all the UDFAs are competing for one roster spot.

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Texas Tech OL Gabe Hall signed with us.

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042907aaa.html

Damix
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Cool beans

Damix
04-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Earl Everett went to Cinci

Forenci
04-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Meh, I think we all ready have enough linebackers at this point. I'd much rather find a place to use all the ones we have. Damn Kiwi having to ruin the idea of putting DeOssie there!

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Take this for whatever it is worth:

"On a conference call with the media last week, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock turned to the New England landscape for his prediction on the next Colston, citing University of Massachusetts receiver Brandon London. "He doesn't have the same explosion as Colston, he probably won't even get drafted, which Colston almost didn't, but he has a similar body type to Colston," Mayock said. "Not as explosive, but good hands."

Number 10
04-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Take this for whatever it is worth:

"On a conference call with the media last week, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock turned to the New England landscape for his prediction on the next Colston, citing University of Massachusetts receiver Brandon London. "He doesn't have the same explosion as Colston, he probably won't even get drafted, which Colston almost didn't, but he has a similar body type to Colston," Mayock said. "Not as explosive, but good hands."

Nice find Jug

Jughead10
04-29-2007, 10:09 PM
London's dad is also the DL coach for the Texans. A son of a coach is never a bad thing. You know they will work hard.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Damn, Earl Everett got snatched up quickly.

Is Darius Walker still available? An open competition between him and Bradshaw would be nice.

Id love to give Walter Thomas a shot. Whats the worst that could happen? At the very least, he could be Jonas Seawright. Its worth the gamble.

Kyle Young is another guy I would look at. He can play OG for us. He plays with a nasty mean streak, and if he can get in shape, could be a nice OG/C to add depth and potential quality starting material to our team.

Jughead10
04-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Darius Walker signed with the Bears.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 09:05 AM
On a side note, I know this is unrelated, but just think about this.

Lots of people kept saying that Quinn had plenty of talent with him at ND, some even had the gaul to say it was near equal to Russell's talent.

Russell had 2 WRs go in the first round.

Quinn had both his WRs go undrafted (Shark would be a bust anyway), and his RB went undrafted.

Food for thought. Lots of teams are gonna regret the day they passed on Quinn, I guarantee it.

Jughead10
04-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I dunno if Shark would have been a bust, but the point is worth nothing anyway.

Number 10
04-30-2007, 09:56 AM
On a side note, I know this is unrelated, but just think about this.

Lots of people kept saying that Quinn had plenty of talent with him at ND, some even had the gaul to say it was near equal to Russell's talent.

Russell had 2 WRs go in the first round.

Quinn had both his WRs go undrafted (Shark would be a bust anyway), and his RB went undrafted.

Food for thought. Lots of teams are gonna regret the day they passed on Quinn, I guarantee it.

Not a bad thought, but the Notre Dame running game was much better and I give an edge to their line as well.

ricky bobby
04-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Any more news of UDFAs?

Number 10
04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Any more news of UDFAs?

Was Gabe Hall mentioned? Too lazy to check. He is a nice pass protector from Texas Tech, many think he'll be a G though.

Jughead10
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Was Gabe Hall mentioned? Too lazy to check. He is a nice pass protector from Texas Tech, many think he'll be a G though.

Yeah right now we only know three. More should come out today seeing that we probably will sign 12-16.

ricky bobby
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/features/2007_NFC_UDFA.cfm

We are right at the top. How convenient.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Im surprised Cleveland didnt pick up Rhema McKnight. Having a WR who Quinn is comfortable throwing to would probably help him in TC.

BigBlue58KiperIII
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I'll throw a name into the mix at running back, a guy who I have personally seen play at the University of Connecticut.

The guy got benched because of a rising star in Donald Brown, but I really like that guy. Good character, has a balance of speed and power.

Terry Caulley.

No question Forenci, Caulley has NFl ability the only reason he wasnt on more radars was because of his injury history and lack of size. But he is definitely a playmaker, he has the speed and shiftiness to make plays. I go to UConn so I'm a little biased, but i saw him play personally at all the home games and you're right, Donald Brown is a stud and if we had a passing game here he would be even better. If we hadnt drafted Boss, TE Dan Murray from here was someone i wanted, who had injuries hold him back this season. I wanted us to draft Deon Anderson to replace Finn but Dallas did a good job snatching him up. I also cant believe we took Bradshaw over Darius Walker, so what if the guy isnt a blazer, he does everything well and is very versatile.

Forenci
04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
So, any big name UDFA you think we should still go after? After looking at that list, I cannot think of any, but it doesn't mean they aren't around of course.

I didn't see Kenny Scott on there. Or did I miss him? What about Bain, from Hampton?

culloden1745
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
No question Forenci, Caulley has NFl ability the only reason he wasnt on more radars was because of his injury history and lack of size. But he is definitely a playmaker, he has the speed and shiftiness to make plays. I go to UConn so I'm a little biased, but i saw him play personally at all the home games and you're right, Donald Brown is a stud and if we had a passing game here he would be even better. If we hadnt drafted Boss, TE Dan Murray from here was someone i wanted, who had injuries hold him back this season. I wanted us to draft Deon Anderson to replace Finn but Dallas did a good job snatching him up. I also cant believe we took Bradshaw over Darius Walker, so what if the guy isnt a blazer, he does everything well and is very versatile.
Caulley reminds me of Wolfe in some ways...but injuries held him back, Hes around the same size and a bit more of a burst.

LTgiants
04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Giants | Gunn agrees to deal
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:11:37 -0700

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have agreed to a deal with undrafted free-agent DE Marquis Gunn (Auburn).

BaLLiN
04-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Earl Everett would be nice

Roderick Rogers at FS

Cory Anderson at FB

Tim Duckworth at G

I like all of them, but Darius Walker should've been our last 7th round pick, I think he might be better than Bradshaw because he is good in the passing game and understands a pro style offense. He is also smart, he got a degree and is only a junior. Gijon Robinson, originally a TE, could be great as an H-Back because he is a great blocker and can catch some passes. John Talley, Travaris Bain, and Kenny Scott Should be looked at as well. S Jessie Daniels and K Andrew Wellock should be looked at as well.

scottyboy
04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
well, meekins signed with indy, and stapleton went to the steelers, who also drafted stephenson. and clark harris was drafted by green bay.

this makes me sad, no new rutgers guys :( all we have is O'hara- hey lets give ray lucas a call!!!

LTgiants
04-30-2007, 08:57 PM
the giants may have signed brandon myles

http://ncaafootball.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/30/west-virginia-shut-out-in-the-2007-draft/

Forenci
04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
the giants may have signed brandon myles

http://ncaafootball.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/30/west-virginia-shut-out-in-the-2007-draft/

It's only rumored, but if true, I would be EXTREMELY happy if we did.

I was hoping we'd pick him in the fourth round if we didn't go receiver on Day One.

I love him, and if makes the roster, we'd be able to have a real threat in the red zone.

Imagine it, three wide set with Burress, Toomer, Myles and then have Boss and Shockey lined up at Tight End.

Wow. So much height and speed. That'd be a hell of a red zone package/formation.

Number 10
05-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Myles would have to have a very good camp to make the roster

Profound
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Myles would have to have a very good camp to make the roster

I hope he does. I really think he was underrated and trapped in an unfortunate situation with incredable runners at WVU. The kids got talent and I'm glad he'll at the very least get a chance to show it to OUR staff as opposed to another.

ricky bobby
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/floodlist.cfm

Gabe Hall, OT, Texas Tech
Craig Dahl, S, North Dakota State
Brandon London, WR, Massachusetts
Joel Clinger, OL, Missouri
Marquies Gunn, DE, Auburn
Justin Jones, OL, Central Arkansas
Stefan Logan, RB, South Dakota
Marco Thomas, WR, Western Illinois
Brandon Myles, WR, West Virginia
Mike Berg, DT, Harvard
Travonti Johnson, DB, Central Florida)
Ryan Keenan, DB, Northwestern
Michael Matthews, TE, Georgia Tech

Forenci
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Mike Berg, DT, Harvard

Hmm. Haven't heard of too many of those guys. Anyone got some more detail on them? Heh, someone from Harvard. Do you think DeOssie being a Brown guy and Berg being the Harvard guy will tussle? Hah!

By the way Ricky, love the current sig.

Anyone who thinks a Mac is supeior to Windows or Linux needs to see a shrink. Sorry, but true...

Damix
05-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Looks like Kyle Young will tryout with the Redskins, I hate them, but they did well in UDFA this year

BigBlue58KiperIII
05-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Hmm John Talley, good name to be brought up, has he signed anywhere yet? I like the guy, he was on a terrible team but he is a good corner. I saw him play against BC and he is better than people give him credit for because of Duke, I'd like to give him a llook

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Talley went to Washington, Bain went to Arizona, does anyone know where Kenny Scott went?

Jughead10
05-02-2007, 06:56 AM

Mike Berg, DT, Harvard

Ryan Berg is only 6'2" 250 lbs I believe and will be trying to make this team as a FB and not DT.

Number 10
05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Looks like Kyle Young will tryout with the Redskins, I hate them, but they did well in UDFA this year

They probly gave him a 7 year-$53 million contract

bigbluedefense
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, dammit, having Kyle Young wouldve been nice. He's 20 lbs of weight loss away from being moldable into a very solid OG. Maybe even a decent C.

Oh well, what can ya do. Next year, we better concentrate on the lines and the safety position. We're fine everywhere else.

LTgiants
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Giants | Thomas agrees to terms
Wed, 2 May 2007 15:28:49 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the New York Giants have agreed to terms with undrafted free-agent WR Marco Thomas (Western Illinois).