I'll be updating this as I hear news.

As of Right now..

We got:

Gary Russell, RB, Minnesota
Darnell Stapleton, OC, Rutgers
Jason Capizzi, OT, IUP (WOOT!)

i.want.troys.hair
04-29-2007, 11:06 PM
I think that we got a monster steal in Russel. If we can help get his act together, and Tomlin is just personnel-motivating type of guy to do it, this guy could be another huge UDFA RB pick-up. Check out his 2005 numbers:

186 carries 1,130 yards 6.1 y/c 18 touchdowns.

Crap, that's not too bad for a big-ten back. If we can get him in shape and if he proves to be more intelligent than his actions have proved (he dropped out of school for academic reasons, hence no 2006 season stats) I think that he could be pretty nice to have around.

Mr. Stiller
04-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I think that we got a monster steal in Russel. If we can help get his act together, and Tomlin is just personnel-motivating type of guy to do it, this guy could be another huge UDFA RB pick-up. Check out his 2005 numbers:

186 carries 1,130 yards 6.1 y/c 18 touchdowns.

Crap, that's not too bad for a big-ten back. If we can get him in shape and if he proves to be more intelligent than his actions have proved (he dropped out of school for academic reasons, hence no 2006 season stats) I think that he could be pretty nice to have around.

I think with proper conditioning and coaching, he could be afaster version of Marion Barber.

skarocksoi
04-30-2007, 08:39 AM
I'd like us to pick up another linebacker or two, just for competition in camp at the least. Theres definitely some good linebackers and cornerbacks still left out there to snag up before its too late.

i.want.troys.hair
04-30-2007, 09:59 AM
PITTSBURGH STEELERS 2007 ROOKIE FREE AGENTS

Steelers press release on steelers.com:

1. Cody Boyd TE 6-8 264 Washington State
2. Jason Capizzi OT 6-9 315 Indiana (Pa.)
3. Eric Deslauriers WR 6-4 207 Eastern Michigan
4. Eric Fowler WR 6-3 198 Grand Valley State
5. Chris Jackson WR 6-2 205 Millsaps
6. Derrick Jones DL 6-4 282 Grand Valley State
7. Paul Mosley RB 6-3 235 Baylor
8. Jared Retkofsky LS 6-5 260 TCU
9. Gijon Robinson FB 6-1 261 Missouri Western State
10. Gary Russell RB 5-11 215 Minnesota
11. Darnell Stapleton G/C 6-3 285 Rutgers

richdg
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Fowler may be better than Baker. Same size, same speed. But Fowler is tough as nails. He was Finnerty's main target for the last 3 years.

mikehop05
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
nice i like gijon, paul mosely seems like a beast, too

i.want.troys.hair
04-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Boy, do you think that we're looking for a tall receiver or anything? (sarcasm)

mikehop05
04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
haha seriously, i like how we didnt sign any real big name UDFA's... i think we are looking at the marques colston effect here, grab a bunch of good sized guys from no name schools

skarocksoi
04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't be that suprising. Tomlin is a small school guy himself. I would have liked to see us grab some of the bigger name guys though. Justin Hickman was out there, Nathan Bennett, and all sorts of CBs and LBs. The more competition the better in my opinion.

mikehop05
04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
true but im guessing the big names were udfa's because they just wernt as good

maybe the smaller names were just lesser known people

skarocksoi
04-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Thats very true as well. I was shocked to see Tim Duckworth dropping like a rock, but I figured we wouldnt take him cause we already tried a guard from Auburn once...

Mr. Stiller
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't be that suprising. Tomlin is a small school guy himself. I would have liked to see us grab some of the bigger name guys though. Justin Hickman was out there, Nathan Bennett, and all sorts of CBs and LBs. The more competition the better in my opinion.

Bennett is at Carolina, but Hickman is definitely a guy I'd be interested in. NYJ Got my Maine guys (BASTARDS!), Derrick Jones is a small school version of Jamaal Anderson.. 6'4 280 lbs, runs a 4.71. He's a 3-4 DE with 3-4 OLB Speed.

I think we should've added Hickman and Trusnik as well.

Hines
05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
stiller didnt u want mosley

and do u know anything about these guys
if so help me out

i know about russell but name more about them to me

Mr. Stiller
05-01-2007, 11:06 PM
stiller didnt u want mosley

and do u know anything about these guys
if so help me out

i know about russell but name more about them to me

Gary Russell - Dynamic Run man.. when he gets back in shape he could end up being the steal of the draft.. or UDFA.. our next Willie Parker like Pick. Though I think a season or 2 on the PS.

Darnell Stapleton - He with Stephonson anchored one of the most underrated Olines in the NCAA. The interior of that line was unmoveable. He may not make the team, but he's going to be a guy to watch if he does.

Paul Mosley - Imagine a more compact version of Brandon Jacobs. He's not going to break the long one often, but he's a bruiser back that doesn't have much wear on the tires.

Eric Fowler - He may not have Jarretts size, but he's a bit faster.. He's dominated the DII level for the past 3 Years.. just like Jarrett did the D1 level. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick on the starting roster.

Cody Boyd - more of a receiving threat. Miller and Spaeth are solid at both blocking and receiving (Though Spaeth a better blocker and Miller a better receiver), but Boyd will likely spend a season on the PS and we'll cut Tuman next year.. Boyd to take his place.

Jason Capizzi - a 6'9 mauler from IUP. He's got an 1.5 inch longer wingspan than anyone at the combine (Including 6'9 Chase Johnson) and 2.5 inch longer fingers. I've watched him locally. He's a guy that once he locks on to you, your out of the play. He's got the 2nd best footwork, only #2 to Joe Staley.

Derrick Jones - My favorite UDFA. Who else in the draft had similar measureables... 6'4 - 282lbs, 4.71 40'... give up? Jamaal Anderson. I know it's not all #'s, but this guy is dynamic. He played DE on 1st and 2nd and was the pass rushing DT on 3rd down. Not only that, but he's great in run support. Look for him to make the squad. He's the D2 Jamaal Anderson (Just better against the run and above average pass rusher... not a great pass rusher, weak against the run).

Chris Jackson of Millsaps - is a speedster. He's 5'11 200lbs, and runs a reported 4.38. I think he's a backup to Willie Reid.

Aaron Robbins (Gijon signed with Indy not us) - He's a 6'4 260 lb DE/OLB guy that will give us a Brett Keisel on ST and can add about 10 lbs and still be fast enough to play LB... if not add 20-30 and play 3-4 DE.

Jared Retofsky - was the 2nd rated Long Snapper in the draft.