PDA

View Full Version : S2C's 2008 NFL Mock Draft 1.0

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 07:42 AM
The team's are NOT IN ANY WAY listed in order of finish. I don't necessarilly think the G-Men will have the worst record in the NFL, I just think they will need a primer RB and who better than McFadden? My mock is based on where I think each player will go in the draft and their fit to the team drafting them

Round 1
1. NYG: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
I think if the Giants got the #1 pick, obviously Eli would be to blame, but they would still go with the best player in the draft, McFadden, to take pressure off Eli.

2. JAX: Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
"You must be outside of your ******* mind," is what you are probably thinking. Here is what I am thinking. I am thinking Dre' is the most underrated player in college football. 31 TDs, 7 INTs, leading the SEC in passing yards yet people say Tim Tebow and Erik Ainge are better QBs. UK must beat UL to get on a winning streak and it is possible. I just don't see Leftwich leading the Jags anymore. I think they will regret passing on Brady Quinn.

3. MIA: Jared Gaither T Maryland
Miami needs a bookend left tackle with good athleticism for John Beck/Daunte Culpepper. Still not over that Ginn pick. So shocking.

4. WAS: Lawrence Jackson DE Southern California
So you rank last in the NFL in sacks, you can't stop the run, DRAFT A SAFTEY! Very Snyder-esqe. LJ is a beast and with USC going back to the 4-3 defense expect him to return to sophomore year form.

5. TEN: Mario Manningham WR Michigan
Ted Ginn should have fallen to Tennesseee and they wouldn't have to take Manningham here, but Manningham has a lot to live up to next season.

6. BUF: Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State
Why throw to this guy? Why? That's like kicking it to Devin Hester. Why?

7. KC: Jake Long T Michigan
Kansas City needs to rebuild their OL. With Michigan's OL tradition you gotta love this pick.

8. NO: Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
The Saints need a player that can rush the passer from the 3 technique.

9. CIN: Dan Connor OLB Penn State
This might be the perfect pick next year for Cincinnati.

10. DEN: Kenny Phillips S Miami
Absolutely shocked Denver didn't even draft one safety last weekend.

The team's are NOT IN ANY WAY listed in order of finish. I don't necessarilly think the G-Men will have the worst record in the NFL, I just think they will need a primer RB and who better than McFadden? My mock is based on where I think each player will go in the draft and their fit to the team drafting them

11. BAL: Brian Brohm QB Louisville
I just don't see Troy Smith being a starter.

12. DET: Derrick Harvey DE Florida
I expect Harvey to absolutely blow up in 2007.

13. TB: DeSean Jackson WR California
The Ginn comparisons will come, but I think Jackson has better hands and word is he improved his route running during spring practice. As a returner he really is a Hester/Ginn hybrid which is just scary.

14. SF (f/IND): Calais Campbell DE/OLB Miami
San Fran is such a tough team to mock for because they now have very few needs.

15. PIT: Frank Okam DT Texas
Tomlin is going to want a dominating tackle for his 4-3 defense.

16. DAL: Early Doucet WR Louisiana State
Doucet is the best route runner in college football with 4.45 speed.

17. GB: Martin Rucker TE Missouri
Green Bay will be in the market for a TE and Rucker has soft hands with and above average athleticism.

18. DAL (f/CLE): Steve Slayton RB West Virginia
Dallas really doesn't have that home run threat in the backfield.

19. ARZ: Paul Oliver CB Georgia
This kid just steps up in big games...and big players step up in big games.

20. OAK: Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt
He is the definition on a leader and I expect Vandy to bowl next season.

21. HOU: Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

22. NE (f/SF): Bruce Davis DE/OLB UCLA
Never hurts to add a great athlete to a Bill Belicheck defense.

23. CAR: Sam Baker T Southern California
A big reason Carolina struggled last year on offense was their (lack of) pass protection.

24. CHI: Keith Rivers OLB Southern California
Lance Briggs just might hold out the entire season.

25. SD: DeMario Pressley DL North Carolina State
Not a need, but very solid value.

26. PHI: Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina
Trotter's replacement.

27. STL: Damien Williams S Oklahoma
Rams will struggle with this position in 2007.

28. NE: Terrell Thomas CB Southern California
You can never be too talented and too deep at this position.

29. MIN: Will Arnold G Louisiana State
He would anchor the right guard position and immediately be the best guard tandem in the NFL with Hutchinson.

30. ATL: John David Booty QB Southern California
I think this is a put up or shut up year for Michael Vick. Joe Horn was brought in to give you a legit receiving threat. If you don't step up in Petrino's system this year Petrino won't be patient like Mora was with Vick and will get his guy early in the draft (especially with Atlanta doing a great job lately in the draft).

31. NYJ: Keenan Burton WR Kentucky
If Burton runs a good 40 (ran a 4.4 at the UK pro day) next year then he could shoot up draft boards. Great route runner, great hands, makes the big catches, a team leader.

32. SEA: Barry Richardson T Clemson
Walter Jones is getting older, but Richardson can play either tackle position and give the line a little stability.

draftguru151
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Gaither would have to have a hell of a year (or maybe even play well) to be deserving of the #3 overall pick, especially over Long or Baker.

I like Woodson #1, and if the Jags have the #2 pick it would make sense to go QB.

I don't get how you have Atlanta picking 30th and taking a QB though. If they get that far I think Vick will have to do fairly well.

Don't like Lawrence that high, certainly the potential is there though. Don't like Pressley there in a 3-4.

I'm being pretty picky though, good stuff.

JPF
04-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Pretty nice.

I'd hope the Panthers would take a safety in the 1st next year since they overlooked that need in this draft entirely.

elway777
04-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Clear homerism w/ the Woodson pick. If Brady Quinn isn't top 10 then I doubt Dre makes top 5. I do
admit he has 1st round tools
though.
Did I mention I love Denvers pick?

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Gaither would have to have a hell of a year (or maybe even play well) to be deserving of the #3 overall pick, especially over Long or Baker.

I like Woodson #1, and if the Jags have the #2 pick it would make sense to go QB.

I don't get how you have Atlanta picking 30th and taking a QB though. If they get that far I think Vick will have to do fairly well.

Don't like Lawrence that high, certainly the potential is there though. Don't like Pressley there in a 3-4.

I'm being pretty picky though, good stuff.

You and I are in agreement of your criticism of my mock. I do think Gaither will have a huge season, I just feel it but maybe I am wrong.

Shocked you like Woodson as the #1 QB, I thought I would get ripped for that.

Atlanta picking 30th and taking a QB...I think JDB is a late first round, early 2nd round pick, and I could see Vick possibly not working out in Atlanta. Therefore I have Atlanta taking JDB because: 1) he fits their scheme, 2) that is where I have JDB projected. Obviously, if the Falcons have a great year they will not take a QB in the first round, unless Joey Harrington comes to the rescue. lol

Pressley in the 3-4, well, I see more of a 3rd down linemen, but also provides great depth. I mean, what if the Chargers want to eventually switch to a 4-3, then they have the versatility to do so. I think it is a smart pick with the Chargers not having that many needs right now (BUT we were saying the exact same thing about Seattle last preseason).

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Clear homerism w/ the Woodson pick. If Brady Quinn isn't top 10 then I doubt Dre makes top 5. I do
admit he has 1st round tools
though.
Did I mention I love Denvers pick?

Clear homerism? Absolutely, but I think I am justified in the selection and I do think he has #1 QB type talent.

I actually think Dre better QB than Brady Quinn and let me give you a little history on him in high school (we both went to North Hardin in Radcliff, KY).

Dre played in a run-oriented offense and his coaches were an absolute joke. He really learned nothing in terms of how to read defenses and understanding a passing attack. He was an extremely raw talent. He put mediocre stats because he didn't throw the ball that much and he had a poor playbook with a horrible scheme.

If Andre played for a coach that had heard of a passing game and knew what it was I guarantee he would have been the #1 QB in the country. He went to a few summer camps and was invited to the Elite 11. Scouts saw his great arm, accuracy, size, and poise in the pocket. His footwork was a little erratic and he couldn't make reads on a defense and he used to have a hitch in his throw.

Rivals ranked him as the #7 QB in the country, ahead of Brady Quinn. Now, going to Notre Dame, your name is going to get out there a little better than an under-developed QB that goes to a program not known for football. Andre committed to Kentucky because he wanted to play in front of his mom and he loved Guy Morriss who had been recruiting him since he was as sophomore.

Well, we had a coaching chane at UK and Rich Brooks brought on option-minded offensive coordinator Ron Hudson from Kansas State (which set the program back 2-3 years). Woodson didn't like Hudson or his offense and he was in the doghouse even as a redshirt.

Dre came out his freshmen year and tore it up when he got p.t. You could tell the players got a sense of hope when he was on the field that wasn't there with starter Shane Boyd.

Sophomore year, UK had absolutely no offensive line or running game and Andre got eaten alive by opposing defenses. He hadn't matured and wasn't a vocal leader. He wasn't taking the steps of what it takes to be a great college QB.

After the next spring practice, Curtis Pulley got the nod at 1st string QB over Woodson only because Brooks wanted to give Dre a wake up call. It worked. He found the film room and lead the receivers to unofficial passing workouts in their spare time. He became a vocal leader. Offensive Coordinator Joker Phillips swithced the scheme to more of a gun type offense to give the QB more time to throw as opposed to dropping back. It worked and we had a lot of weapons on offense. Well, the rest is history and UK has the chance in my opinion to have a big season again (I am thinking 8-4, 9-3).

If the OL can give Woodson time again in the pocket, and do a better job blocking for RB Rafael Little, then that sets up the play action for us and Woodson will really shine. A QB's best friend is a running game and vice versa. Well, last year we had no inside running game and Dre was the most productive QB in the SEC (by far).

I guarantee you, if he was playing for a team like Auburn or Arkansas then they would have had a shot at the National Title and Andre would have been in the Heisman race. Thats just the way it works.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope you don't underestimate this young man that is going to do great things in 2007.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Okay, I think Dre is better than Quinn (never really answered that question) because:

1. He is more accurate than Quinn
2. Might have the best touch on the football that you will ever see-throws the perfect spiral
3. Throws a better deep ball
4. Is still young in terms of learning the game and has more upside

The only advantages Brady Quinn has above Dre in my opinion are that he is stronger, more mobile, and played in a very Pro-Style offense. Not that Andre doesn't, but Quinn was better coached than Andre is now. And I love UK's coaching staff, but Weis is a genius.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Alright enough with the "Quinn is inaccurate" b.s.

He was forced out of the pocket WAAAAY to often and threw a boatload of balls away because of horrid blocking.

WHere are all the LSU homers who said Quinn and Russell were "about equal" when it came to talent surrounding them ????
Rhema McKnight and Darrius Walker both went undrafted and LSU had
2 WR's go first round.
Yeah they were "close".

Quinn will put Cleveland on the map and prove why he should've been a top 10 lock.

...also way to have 2 Kentucky Wildcats make the top round..hahaha
obvious homerism going on. Especially with andre' going 2nd overall.
Gee I wonder who your fav team is.

kevinmetz
04-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Niners get colts' first next year.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Niners get colts' first next year.

Really? How? I missed the end of the first round, fell asleep cause I had been up since 6:00 a.m.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM

He was forced out of the pocket WAAAAY to often and threw a boatload of balls away because of horrid blocking.

WHere are all the LSU homers who said Quinn and Russell were "about equal" when it came to talent surrounding them ????
2 WR's go first round.
Yeah they were "close".

Quinn will put Cleveland on the map and prove why he should've been a top 10 lock.

I think Quinn is a great QB and Cleveland was genius to go with Thomas first then trade up to get Quinn.

Secondly, you have to factor in TE John Carlson (probably a 2nd rounder in 2008) and Samardzija who would have been a 1st/2nd rounder in this draft when comparing talent surround both QBs. The OL and RBs though obviously go to Russell.

Get used to teh UK homerism, will be the most anticipated season in UK history so you will hear a lot from me. But Dre' and Burton have that potential.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Carlson was a reach. But okay. You're saying that Carlson is now he equivilant of 2 1st round WR's ? come on.
And Shark was a late 2nd at best. He doesn't have sub 4.6 speed and
was a "poor man's" Dwayne Jarrett.

It's not just the OL and RB...how about the DEFENSE the special teams, the WR's ....every facet of LSU being the superior talent laden program isn't even debateable.

If potential were gold nuggets then the Vikings would have a stadium full
of lombardi trophies. Seriously, it's nice to have reason for excitement ..just don't let it cloud your judgement of what's attainable.

LSU, Texas, Miami (FL) , Michigan and USC are clearly the top 5 schools going into this year.

scar988
04-30-2007, 10:38 AM
30. ATL: John David Booty QB Southern California
I think this is a put up or shut up year for Michael Vick. Joe Horn was brought in to give you a legit receiving threat. If you don't step up in Petrino's system this year Petrino won't be patient like Mora was with Vick and will get his guy early in the draft (especially with Atlanta doing a great job lately in the draft).
you are an idiot. we will not take a QB at all. we don't need a QB. Vick will be fine this year. Atlanta does not need a ******* QB. dude, and if we are at #30 it's because Vick did something right. so yeah, you are an idiot if you think we need a QB. look at LT or NT or even a LB.

T-RICH49
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Great Chiefs pick

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 10:52 AM
you are an idiot. we will not take a QB at all. we don't need a QB. Vick will be fine this year. Atlanta does not need a ******* QB. dude, and if we are at #30 it's because Vick did something right. so yeah, you are an idiot if you think we need a QB. look at LT or NT or even a LB.

Thanks for reading the beginning of my mock draft I appreciate it scar. I don't necesarilllythink ATL will go like 12-4...you know what i have already expained it like 3 times.

Also: nice call this time last year u saying the Falcons wouldn't go DE or CB! Nice call.

Look at my criteria for this mock scar:

1. I think John David Booty is a late first, early second round pick CHECK
2. Atlanta runs a scheme that I believe Booty would fit in CHECK

I win!

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Secondly, scar, honeslty give me a LT or a NT worthy at 30 there if ur such a genius.

No one was good value there at all and based off of Atlanta's past few drafts value is very important.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
You have to understand. Scar will spend the next 11 months telling anyone on this board (or any other board who'll listen / read) that Michael Vick is the greatest thing to happen to the Falcons.

They've had the 2 RB system behind him in Dunn and Duckett, now Norwood...they've spent 2 #1 picks at WR for him they've tried both
keeping him in the pocket AND let him run out of the pocket they've given him help on defense ....there isn't anything the Falcons HAVEN'T done for Vick. The problem with the Falcons is their trying to turn a guy who cuold've been one of the better HB's in the league into a QB.
The guy is mentally a box of rocks. His track record off the field is evident of the guys mental state and abilities.

...for beating us in the 98 game with Crystal Chandalier...they deserve every year of Vick they get.

scar988
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
You have to understand. Scar will spend the next 11 months telling anyone on this board (or any other board who'll listen / read) that Michael Vick is the greatest thing to happen to the Falcons.

They've had the 2 RB system behind him in Dunn and Duckett, now Norwood...they've spent 2 #1 picks at WR for him they've tried both
keeping him in the pocket AND let him run out of the pocket they've given him help on defense ....there isn't anything the Falcons HAVEN'T done for Vick. The problem with the Falcons is their trying to turn a guy who cuold've been one of the better HB's in the league into a QB.
The guy is mentally a box of rocks. His track record off the field is evident of the guys mental state and abilities.

...for beating us in the 98 game with Crystal Chandalier...they deserve every year of Vick they get.
the Falcons haven't given him an OL. and btw, Reeves scheme worked just fine.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 11:47 AM
hahahaha...always an excuse for Vick.
He just isn't that great. If he was he'd elevate the team around him.
not the other way around.

scar988
04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Secondly, scar, honeslty give me a LT or a NT worthy at 30 there if ur such a genius.

No one was good value there at all and based off of Atlanta's past few drafts value is very important.

Barry Richardson T Clemson

that it is. but to say that a guy who can go at 32 but not at 30 is bad value says a lot.

scar988
04-30-2007, 11:51 AM
hahahaha...always an excuse for Vick.
He just isn't that great. If he was he'd elevate the team around him.
not the other way around.

so pin point passes that are dropped are Vick's fault? please, the WR's needed some work this offseason and they needed a mentor and a more pass heavy scheme. this scheme will get them all enough touches. and will allow Vick to get into a rythm. we finally have at least 4 spots of the OL set in Blalock-McClure-Forney-Weiner. the LT is goign to be a TC decision but with the OL finally allowed to eat again and the open passing scheme and bringing in 3 WR coaches in Hue Jackson, Paul Petrino and Joe Horn, the Falcons are finally for the first time since 2002 actually giving Vick a chance to succeed in the offense. expect 3000 yards passing 20 TD's and 400 rushing 1 TD from Vick this year as a minimum.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Pin point passes ??? hahahaha...wow, I've seen some homers before
but you sir take the cake.
I'm not going to get into a debate over the talent level of your team.
I honestly don't give a rats behind.

the entire point is, SUPERSTARS make the TEAM better.
When you have to supply a stud at every other position to ensure success...then you might as well have Rex Grossman back there at QB.

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Pin point passes ??? hahahaha...wow, I've seen some homers before
but you sir take the cake.
I'm not going to get into a debate over the talent level of your team.
I honestly don't give a rats behind.

the entire point is, SUPERSTARS make the TEAM better.
When you have to supply a stud at every other position to ensure success...then you might as well have Rex Grossman back there at QB.

if the pass hits the WR in the hands they need to catch it. 47 drops is not on Vick. 47 drops was worst in the league. Superstars make a team better. that is true. without Vick we would have likely been 3-13. the Falcons didn't need a stud. they needed a WR who could mentor the 2 (now 3) young'ns and make sure they concentrated on their routes and catching. now Vick will also have time to throw the ball. when he had time to throw he gave us the DAL, CIN and PIT games. when he was sacked 2 or less times in a game, the Falcons were 6-1. When he was sacked 3 or more the Falcons were 1-7... 2 sacks a game is 32 sacks on the year allowed or it woudl have been around 14th in the league. so yeah. we needed OL, we needed a WR mentor. we got both. we had a weak spot at LG last year. we got Justin Blalock. and I'm not sayign we need superstars. I'm saying we need people who are at least average for the OL. no more of this piss poor 280 pound a piece ****.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh and 3000 yards would be the first in Vicks CAREER.
Now to the casual fan that may seem like a lot of yards....but when you consider 5 QB's threw for more than 4000 yards last year...it's sort of a minimum as where QB's should be evaluated...not a maximum.
And 2474 passing yards should be laughed at. Especially considering they have the NFC's best pass catching TE and spent 2 first round picks at WR to go with the talent that was there when he got there.

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh and 3000 yards would be the first in Vicks CAREER.
Now to the casual fan that may seem like a lot of yards....but when you consider 5 QB's threw for more than 4000 yards last year...it's sort of a minimum as where QB's should be evaluated...not a maximum.
And 2474 passing yards should be laughed at. Especially considering they have the NFC's best pass catching TE and spent 2 first round picks at WR to go with the talent that was there when he got there.

and those 2 first round WR's had a total of 23 drops last year between them. Jenkins had 7 TD catches and White had 506 yards but between them they dropped at least 300 yards and 3 TD's in addition. dude, when it comes to the Falcons passing game this past year. it's not Vick. I don't truly think it was the WR's fault either. they are young and still improving they just needed better scheme (as in a pass heavy, not a run heavy) a mentor (Joe Horn was perfect) and a WR Coach who knew the WR position (Hue Jackson made Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh pro bowl caliber guys) oh and Vick threw for 2900 in 2002 when he was in a shcme that actually fit his talents. the same style that Petrino is movign back to.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
"it's not Vick."

Is it ever ? Seriously, it's impossible to argue with someone who can't come to a concensus that his QB just isn't good. Nor can I argue who someone who thinks 2900 is the same as 3000.....ya know, if you need
a new money manager I could help ya out. for say 3000...err 3500 (it's roughly the same)

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:12 PM
no you are an idito. I brought up the 2900 yards because it shows that Vick can do 3000 with his current receivers easy if they moved back to a Reeves type scheme. in 2002, Vick has Shawn Jefferson and Brian Finneran as his top 2 and he threw for 2900. Jenkins, White and Horn are 10 times better and he should be able to ht 3000 easy and possibly even 3500 passing and 400 rushing

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
So then let's say anything under 3500 and 20 td's for Vick is a failure then.

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
So then let's say anything under 3500 and 20 td's for Vick is a failure then.

fine. how much money you wanna put on this? I'm willing to bet $20 that Vick has 3500 yards and 20 TD's PASSING in 2008 barring some freak injury that causes him to miss more than 2 games.

the Laos
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM

2 WR's go first round.
Yeah they were "close".

you're always making excuses for brady. and yes he is inaccurate, which for the most part is due to his throwing mechanics at times. and jamarcus's weapons were better, but you make it sound like brady was playing for stanford. walker and mcknight weren't elite players in college, but they were well above average, and its funny how you left out jeff samardzja. get over it, your boy's nothing special. he'll be out the league in a few years and maybe you'll win the grand prize of his fan club and you guys'll be jerking each other off on sunday's watching ad waltz his way into the hall of fame.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:20 PM
fine. how much money you wanna put on this? I'm willing to bet $20 that Vick has 3500 yards and 20 TD's PASSING in 2008 barring some freak injury that causes him to miss more than 2 games.
You seem very sure of this...let's call it a hundo.
We'll even let Scott Wright be the mediator. He can set up a PayPal account to "hold the cash" til the seasons over.

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
We'll even let Scott Wright be the mediator. He can set up a PayPal account to "hold the cash" til the seasons over.

hundo? no. I don't trust you enough to bet that much. and I don't deal with those ******* thieves at paypal either. straight cash. mailed.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:23 PM
you're always making excuses for brady. and yes he is inaccurate, which for the most part is due to his throwing mechanics at times. and jamarcus's weapons were better, but you make it sound like brady was playing for stanford. walker and mcknight weren't elite players in college, but they were well above average, and its funny how you left out jeff samardzja. get over it, your boy's nothing special. he'll be out the league in a few years and maybe you'll win the grand prize of his fan club and you guys'll be jerking each other off on sunday's watching ad waltz his way into the hall of fame.
Listen up moron, there's a difference between making excuses and using comon sense and good judgement. Walker, McKnight and Shark...let's see not a one was drafted last weekend , though all were eligable.
4 LSU players went in the first round. yeah it was "equal" in terms of talent. Holy Christ, please tell me where you grew up so that I may steer my family clear of that diseased pool of thought.

We'll see in 3 years where the class of QB's from this years first 2 rounds stand. I'm guessing Cleveland will be in a far better positoin than the Vikings. and for the future save the 2 men fantasies jerking one another off for your family reunions.

JPF
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
scar, usually I respect the hell out of your opinion on football, especially when it's anything involving the NFC South, but I just can't see your logic here.

Any other Qb in the league that was entering his 7th year with the track record Vick has and you'd more than likely be calling him a bust.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
hundo? no. I don't trust you enough to bet that much. and I don't deal with those ******* thieves at paypal either. straight cash. mailed.

Anyone online who can't figure out a better way than snail mail (which would surely "get lost" ) isn't savy enough to figure out that a guy whose never thrown for 3000 yards is all of a sudden throw for 3500.

Come up with an electronic way...using scott as a mediator. he's the only
one on here I'm trusting. and FYI you don't have to trust me at all to pay up
that's why paypal is so useful there genius.

Windy
04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Why would the Raiders need an ILB?

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
scar, usually I respect the hell out of your opinion on football, especially when it's anything involving the NFC South, but I just can't see your logic here.

Any other Qb in the league that was entering his 7th year with the track record Vick has and you'd more than likely be calling him a bust.

ok so 2 talented WR;s who have had problems with consistancy and doing actual WR things because their WR coach was a GUARD in the NFL doesn't tell you that they still can be turned around? bringing on one of the best wR coaches in the NFL to correct it along with their main critic and a top WR of his tme to mentor them like he mentored Marques Colston was a huge step for us and will improve them greatly. not to mention Vick was never allowed to get into a passing rythm except for 3 games. those were DAL, CIN and PIT. under Petrino Vick will be allowed to not only get a rythm but with more chances the WR's will improve a lot. and with how Petrino likes to favor a reveier it woudl notsurprise me to see these #'s out of our guys:

Roddy White - 900 yards 4 TD's
Michael Jenkins - 700 yards 9 TD's
Joe Horn - 300 yards 2 TD's
Laurent Robinson - 400 yards 1 TD
Alge Crumpler - 800 yards 8 TD's
Jerious Norwood - 200 yards
that's 3300 right there. the other 200 will come from the rest of the guys like Adam Jennings, Warrick Dunn, and Ovie Mughelli. the talent is there. reduce the drops from 47 to 23 and we have a 300 yard passer right there. increase the pass attempts and Vick will have a better comp % too.

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Anyone online who can't figure out a better way than snail mail (which would surely "get lost" ) isn't savy enough to figure out that a guy whose never thrown for 3000 yards is all of a sudden throw for 3500.

Come up with an electronic way...using scott as a mediator. he's the only
one on here I'm trusting. and FYI you don't have to trust me at all to pay up
that's why paypal is so useful there genius.

again, PayPal has stolen money from me in the past. no thanks on that regard. and I ain't doing a hundred. mainly because I'm a broke ass college student. but yeah, your money won't get lost. send it in a card or hell. send a check. I have some checks lying aroudn somewhere.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I have no interest in being the only person who would actually financially pay up on a bet.

scar988
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I have no interest in being the only person who would actually financially pay up on a bet.

and neither do I. I would pay up. I'm just not going to ******* do paypal...

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Like I said before. Then you figure out a way to do it.
I agree to letting scott hold any money, but there's no way I'm going
to let you welch under the "but I sent you a check" b.s.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
severe punishment. i'd give up on the bet. he's obviously not that confident and doesn't wanna pay, save urself the trouble and give up. and remember, its only a bet if u can win or lose, not just lose because someone won't pay u when u win.

JPF
04-30-2007, 01:09 PM
So every year the problem has been his receivers? Uhh, ok. lol

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-30-2007, 02:12 PM
So was Ryan Leaf's....

ya, thats me being a smart-ass

Phrost
04-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I like it...alot.

Phrost
04-30-2007, 04:59 PM

I am backing Severe. There is no way Vick does both of those. NO way.

GB12
04-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll go ahead and guarentee it right now. There is no chance the Packers draft Martin Rucker in the first round.

supermario86
04-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Like the lions pick

Crickett
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
5. TEN: Mario Manningham WR Michigan
Ted Ginn should have fallen to Tennesseee and they wouldn't have to take Manningham here, but Manningham has a lot to live up to next season.

7. KC: Jake Long T Michigan
Kansas City needs to rebuild their OL. With Michigan's OL tradition you gotta love this pick.

I guess you think both of these teams will come around. Tennessee passed on Robert Meachem and Kansas City passed on Joe Staley even though both teams had the need.

9. CIN: Dan Connor OLB Penn State
This might be the perfect pick next year for Cincinnati.

*insert glib running back comment here*

11. BAL: Brian Brohm QB Louisville
I just don't see Troy Smith being a starter.

Maybe, maybe not, but with him learning from Steve McNair, I think they'll give him a few years to prove himself.

14. IND: Antoine Cason CB Arizona
I loved the pick of Hughes, but I still don't think Indy will be satisfied after next season.

Okay, but what about with Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden and Tim Jennings?

23. CAR: Sam Baker T Southern California
A big reason Carolina struggled last year on offense was their (lack of) pass protection.

Travelle Wharton is returning to the starting lineup.

31. NYJ: Limas Sweed WR Texas
Sweed is a reliable possession WR that would benefit playing with Santana Moss.

Santana Moss has been a Washington Redskin for several years now. And Jerricho Cotchery is just fine as a possession receiver.

princefielder28
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
If the Packers have a chance for Slaton they have to go after him

GB12
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
If the Packers have a chance for Slaton they have to go after him

Well hopefully we won't have to.

thebow305
04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I could see Woodson having a JaMarcus-type jump up Draft boards after next season. Especially if he does fairly well in the SEC this season. Long would be better for the Dolphins, but I hope we are not picking that soon next season. :(

princefielder28
04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Well hopefully we won't have to.

I think the 32nd pick would be nice :)

mqtirishfan
04-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Seriously, though. Dwight Lowery in the top 10? The top 10???

Crickett
04-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Seriously, though. Dwight Lowery in the top 10? The top 10???

This is the problem with mocks this far in advance. After all, if anyone this time last year said JaMarcus Russell #1 overall, you'd all probably think he was insane too.

BaLLiN
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
How does Cleveland do better than Dallas?

Crazy_Chris
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I think the 32nd pick would be nice :)

more like 10th... lol

BigJohn98
04-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Sorry. The Jags aren't gunna have the second pick.

cardsalltheway
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't like Andre Woodson for obvious reasons, but as of recent I've always gotten on his bandwagon. Brohm and Henne are solid but have nothing that sets them apart. Brennan has the system questions and I haven't seen enough of JDB to make a judgement on him.

The Colts' pick is interesting. If they're picking there, that would probably mean there was a defensive collapse so I think LB or DL would be a more pressing concern.

And just wondering, do you think James Hardy will stay in school or is he just not first round caliber? I really don't know much about his real stock since I'm blinded by homerism.

kalbears13
04-30-2007, 07:41 PM
The 08 draft won't be as exciting knowing that the Browns won't have a 1st round pick, especially a high one. You should definitely keep this mock somewhere safe so that next year at around this time you can look at it and laugh.

mqtirishfan
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
This is the problem with mocks this far in advance. After all, if anyone this time last year said JaMarcus Russell #1 overall, you'd all probably think he was insane too.

At least JaMarcus was on the radar somewhat. Lowery is a small school CB who won't play more than one or two top teams all year. Sure, he has a lot of INTs in his career between community college and one year at SJSU, but he's been playing against poor offenses. I think it's crazy to consider him higher than round 2/3.

Kurve
04-30-2007, 09:07 PM

i dont see why raiders would pick a ILB when the leader of this defense is kirk morrison who has been playing amazing the last few years.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM

LMAO! 20 bucks...what is the point? Shows how much faith you have in Vick lol, the real scar comes out!

757Dawg
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
The 08 draft won't be as exciting knowing that the Browns won't have a 1st round pick, especially a high one. You should definitely keep this mock somewhere safe so that next year at around this time you can look at it and laugh.
Haha, I know.

As sad as it is, the Draft has been our Super Bowl for so long. We usually end up going into draft mode a quarter way through the seasons.

Oh well, I'll substitute draft excitement for actual football excitement.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Santana Moss has been a Washington Redskin for several years now. And Jerricho Cotchery is just fine as a possession receiver.

Wow! I have no idea what I was thinkin. Jerricho is fine, but he isn't Limas Sweed.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
How does Cleveland do better than Dallas?

I have no idea. Once again, the order of the mocks isn't power rankings or anything. I really haven't done power rankings or even thought about how teams will finish yet.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't like Andre Woodson for obvious reasons, but as of recent I've always gotten on his bandwagon. Brohm and Henne are solid but have nothing that sets them apart. Brennan has the system questions and I haven't seen enough of JDB to make a judgement on him.
EXACTLY my feelings on next years crop of QB's...nothing to get excited about.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM

The Colts' pick is interesting. If they're picking there, that would probably mean there was a defensive collapse so I think LB or DL would be a more pressing concern.

And just wondering, do you think James Hardy will stay in school or is he just not first round caliber? I really don't know much about his real stock since I'm blinded by homerism.

Lol about obvious reasons, but it is pretty cool he and the IU QB (forgot his name) had an intense rivalry in high school basketball and football and I wish we played you guys the first game of the season cause I think it would be really cool.

I do think Hardy will stay in school with all the big receivers that could committ early (possibly Sweed, Urrutia, etc.) so I think it would be smart for Hardy to stay another year but he does have round 1 talent.

With enough early committs, there could be like 10-11 WRs with a first round grade next year.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry. The Jags aren't gunna have the second pick.

Me neither...DOES ANYONE READ THE FIRST PART OF THE MOCK!???????????????????????????????

kalbears13
04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Haha, I know.

As sad as it is, the Draft has been our Super Bowl for so long. We usually end up going into draft mode a quarter way through the seasons.

Oh well, I'll substitute draft excitement for actual football excitement.

Hopefully we get football excitement. I'd rather have one than have none at all.

go_ravens94
04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Brohm to the Ravens=Sweet.

Pick 11=Not Sweet, but I saw your thing.

TwOne
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
fine. how much money you wanna put on this? I'm willing to bet $20 that Vick has 3500 yards and 20 TD's PASSING in 2008 barring some freak injury that causes him to miss more than 2 games.He gets an injury every year so you can count on him missing games.

KCJ58
04-30-2007, 10:15 PM
so Saint Louis dosnt get a pick next year?

bad Rams Draft (F-)

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Next Mock you do...put the Vikings in the top 5. We did nothing drastic
to help this team THIS year. I promise you another 6 win season.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 10:28 PM
so Saint Louis dosnt get a pick next year?

bad Rams Draft (F-)

My bad, I gave 2 to Chicago. Let me work in a new first round pick, Burton might go to the Jets now because I have him rated higher than Sweed.

scar988
04-30-2007, 10:58 PM
He gets an injury every year so you can count on him missing games.

no he doesn't.... he only missed 2 games in the last 3 years.... nice try though.

TwOne
04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
no he doesn't.... he only missed 2 games in the last 3 years.... nice try though.
2006 was the first time he played a full season, 2002 - 15 games, 2003 - 5 games, 2004 - 15 games, 2005 - 15 games.

Oh don't worry man, he'll get injured again this season. And you guys will be right there in the running for the Brian Brohm sweepstakes.

scar988
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
2006 was the first time he played a full season, 2002 - 15 games, 2003 - 5 games, 2004 - 15 games, 2005 - 15 games.

Oh don't worry man, he'll get injured again this season.

yeah I mean only 1 year of his career did he actually have a big injury though. he has on;y sat out 2 games because of injury in his career other than the big one in 2003. 1 in 2002 and one in 2005. you want injury prone, look at Donovan MCNabb...

oh and we won't be in the running and WE WONT TAKE A ******* QB.

Donno
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
That must be some good weed your smoking if you think the Browns will almost make the playoffs and Jacksonville is 2nd to last.

TwOne
04-30-2007, 11:12 PM
yeah I mean only 1 year of his career did he actually have a big injury though. he has on;y sat out 2 games because of injury in his career other than the big one in 2003. 1 in 2002 and one in 2005. you want injury prone, look at Donovan MCNabb...

oh and we won't be in the running and WE WONT TAKE A ******* QB.hmm i wonder who would be a better fit for you guys' offense, John David Booty or Brian Brohm. I'm gonna go with Brohm cause Petrino is the falcons coach. (that is if Vick doesn't get him fired)

TwOne
04-30-2007, 11:13 PM
That must be some good weed your smoking if you think the Browns will almost make the playoffs and Jacksonville is 2nd to last.read the red

Caddy
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Desean in Tampa. He would make the impending retirement of Galloway a little easier.

scar988
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
hmm i wonder who would be a better fit for you guys' offense, John David Booty or Brian Brohm. I'm gonna go with Brohm cause Petrino is the falcons coach. (that is if Vick doesn't get him fired)
wow, dude. just aboslutely prove how little football you know.

simms2clayton
04-30-2007, 11:29 PM

Scar, you did say at the least Atlanta was going to win 12 games last year.

TwOne
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM

With the first selection in the 2008 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Brian Brohm, QB Louisville

Ucla49ersFan
04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Really? How? I missed the end of the first round, fell asleep cause I had been up since 6:00 a.m.

Indianapolis traded their 2008 1st round draft pick and 2007 4th round pick to San Francisco for the 49ers' 2007 second round draft pick.

Xonraider
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Oakland has future pro bowler Kirk Morrison.. puh lease

RaiderNation
05-01-2007, 12:14 AM
MLB for raiders?

KCJ58
05-01-2007, 12:16 AM
MLB for raiders?

yea i dont get that either

Ewing
05-01-2007, 02:13 AM
S2C ever heard of a guy by the name of Jonathan Stewart? Apparently you haven't because he's a top fifteen pick.

simms2clayton
05-01-2007, 02:50 AM
S2C ever heard of a guy by the name of Jonathan Stewart? Apparently you haven't because he's a top fifteen pick.

Um ya. Great player, but I am not too sure right now he will commit to hte draft.

The early entries in my mock imo are the most likely to declare

I think Stewart should stay for his senior year because there are a few Jr. backs better than him that will declare dropping him down in the draft due to need.

JPF
05-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Travelle Wharton is returning to the starting lineup.

And both his and Jordan Gross' contracts expire after this season. Little chance we're able to re-sign both with the unreal # of fa's we have after this year and having all but promised Steve Smith and Julius Peppers extensions. Wharton is far from being proven at LT, speed rushers eat him up.

I wouldn't rule out an OT in the first for the Panthers next year at all. If anything, I'd consider it right up there with safety for most likely.

Crickett
05-01-2007, 07:29 AM
And both his and Jordan Gross' contracts expire after this season. Little chance we're able to re-sign both with the unreal # of fa's we have after this year and having all but promised Steve Smith and Julius Peppers extensions. Wharton is far from being proven at LT, speed rushers eat him up.

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. :)

Finsfan79
05-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Miami needs a bookend left tackle with good athleticism for John Beck/Daunte Culpepper. Still not over that Ginn pick. So shocking.

give us Calais campbell :)

Shane P. Hallam
05-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Ever heard of Casey Hampton? Lol, if you're going to match up needs, or possible needs to a team, at least get fairly close. I don't mind the round 1 players you have going, but the last thing the Steelers need is a big DT.

etk
05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd be happy with Jackson to the Bucs even if he never played a down of offense.

simms2clayton
05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Ever heard of Casey Hampton? Lol, if you're going to match up needs, or possible needs to a team, at least get fairly close. I don't mind the round 1 players you have going, but the last thing the Steelers need is a big DT.

Lol, your hilairious.

Okam is a much better fit for the 4-3 than Hampton is. Get needs fairly close? The only picked I ******* up was the Raiders taking an ILB. Other than that I say I did a great job projecting needs a year in advance.

Wow, one "bad" pick and I don't know what I am talking about. What is that like 97%?

simms2clayton
05-01-2007, 10:38 PM

give us Calais campbell :)

Man posts like that are annoying.

simms2clayton
05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd be happy with Jackson to the Bucs even if he never played a down of offense.

You couldn't give Jon Gruden 100 billion dollars to not put DeSean Jackson WR in the slot. He just couldn't help himself.

steelernation77
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
wow that okam pick really makes no sense whether we switch to a 4-3 (which there isn't any real indications we will) or not. We have a dominating Texas DL already named Casey Hampton who could play 4-3 NT and Aaron Smith could do a good job as a 4-3 UT. If we did switch we might take a DT later but certainly not in the first round. Look for the Steelers to take a LT in the first round next year.

Achilles33
05-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Are you kidding me? LMAO.

The Browns will give us a top 5 pick. And there is no way the Cowboys are picking at 17. We are going to be nasty. 25-32. 25 at worst. And I am a cowboy fan, and I will vouge for the G-Men, although they will have a tough year, there is no way they are picking at #1.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Oakland has no reason to draft an ILB in round one.

simms2clayton
05-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Are you kidding me? LMAO.

The Browns will give us a top 5 pick. And there is no way the Cowboys are picking at 17. We are going to be nasty. 25-32. 25 at worst. And I am a cowboy fan, and I will vouge for the G-Men, although they will have a tough year, there is no way they are picking at #1.

READ THE ******* RED FONT ON THE TOP OF MY FIRST ******* POST!

Also last year, everyone said Buffalo would have the first overall pick and draft Brady Quinn, including me.

At least I learned my lesson.

Shiver
05-02-2007, 08:33 PM
This thread disgusts me. Vick would have to implode next year for him to be replaced.

Zyro_1014
05-02-2007, 09:07 PM

2 WR's go first round.
Yeah they were "close".

Quinn blows! name one big game that he won in his entire career.
Never beat USC
Never won a bowl game
Got slaughtered by michigan

he just choked when it came to the big games, and plus i really think that if he didnt have the shark he wouldnt have had as good a year. Hell they woulda even lost to UCLA if it wasnt for Jeff.

simms2clayton
05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Never beat USC
Never won a bowl game

he just choked when it came to the big games, and plus i really think that if he didnt have the shark he wouldnt have had as good a year. Hell they woulda even lost to UCLA if it wasnt for Jeff.

Notre Dame isn't even on the same level as Michigan or USC talent wise (yet). It wasn't all Brady Quinn's fault they lost.

Quarterbacks get too much blame for losing and too much credit for winning.

Also, there are a lot of quarterbacks that have won bowl games and then don't ever make it in the NFL. Winning a bowl game has nothing to do if you are a good QB or not.

Zyro_1014
05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Notre Dame isn't even on the same level as Michigan or USC talent wise (yet). It wasn't all Brady Quinn's fault they lost.

Quarterbacks get too much blame for losing and too much credit for winning.

Also, there are a lot of quarterbacks that have won bowl games and then don't ever make it in the NFL. Winning a bowl game has nothing to do if you are a good QB or not.

dude i am a quarterback, so i know we get the blame when we lose and what not, but im still saying he never played the way he shoulda when he played the good teams. its really easy to say hes an unreal prospect when hes playing Army and Navy in the independence conference cuz against those teams he has all day, he wont do crap in Cleveland for about 4 or 5 years probably

saintsfan912
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
No way the Saints are picking top 10. That is just ridiculous. Another NFC South championship will be in New Orleans and probably a Super Bowl.

cardsalltheway
05-02-2007, 10:31 PM
No way the Saints are picking top 10. That is just ridiculous. Another NFC South championship will be in New Orleans and probably a Super Bowl.

You're not serious are you?

simms2clayton
05-02-2007, 10:54 PM

Yeah, the Bucs won the divison 2 years ago, last year...last in NFC South. It is a funny division.

fenikz
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
major props on giving dre some credit

btu i beileve there are better cb's in this draft & if Richardson is there give him to the cards

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Never beat USC
Never won a bowl game

Quinn is 2-1 against Michigan.Thats two games.He also did everything he was supposed to beat USC in 05 but his defense let him down.ANybody who watched that game could see that.Your probably right though about Shark.He wouldnt look as good.But Shark and Carlson were the only good targets he had.
Oh and just to let you know they also said Peyton couldnt win the big game either.

Sveen
05-03-2007, 04:44 AM
He has us reaching the Super Bowl which is nice. The only mistake is that we are not going to lose it ;)

ATLDirtyBirds
05-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Thanks for reading the beginning of my mock draft I appreciate it scar. I don't necesarilllythink ATL will go like 12-4...you know what i have already expained it like 3 times.

Also: nice call this time last year u saying the Falcons wouldn't go DE or CB! Nice call.

Look at my criteria for this mock scar:

1. I think John David Booty is a late first, early second round pick CHECK
2. Atlanta runs a scheme that I believe Booty would fit in CHECK

I win!

3. Vick won't be replaced.

I win!

draftguru151
05-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Never beat USC
Never won a bowl game

Peyton Manning never beat UF. John Elway didn't win. Jay Cutler never had a winning record. Your point?

simms2clayton
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Peyton Manning never beat UF. John Elway didn't win. Jay Cutler never had a winning record. Your point?

He doesn't have one guru, don't give him that much credit.

simms2clayton
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
He has us reaching the Super Bowl which is nice. The only mistake is that we are not going to lose it ;)

No I don't. I don't have anyone winning or losing anything. Maybe if you read the red ******* font...

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Hes just a USC fan who hates ND.

LTgiants
05-03-2007, 07:42 PM
1. NYG: Darren McFadden RB Oklahoma

Darren McFadden doesnt go to oklahoma he goes to arkansas and brandon jacobs is gonna have a big year this so we aint gonna be picking a rb not in the 1st anyway and we defintley aint picking #1

simms2clayton
05-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Darren McFadden doesnt go to oklahoma he goes to arkansas and brandon jacobs is gonna have a big year this so we aint gonna be picking a rb not in the 1st anyway and we defintley aint picking #1

Sorry about the Arkansas/Oklahoma thing.

IS ANYONE NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO READ THE THE RED ******* WORDS ON TOP OF THE ******* MOCK! YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF TARDS!