PDA

View Full Version : So, missing the draft this year was worth it.

P-L
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
As some of you may know, me and my girlfriend go to school about three hours away. I usually only get to see her one or two weekends a month. Well, after not seeing her since mid-March I decided to visit on Easter weekend. Unfortunately, my work would not let me take that weekend off. I was then forced to go visit another weekend. So, without remembering what weekend the draft was, I made plans for this past weekend due to conflicts with exams and work.

At first I was really bummed that I wasn't going to be able to watch the draft but things got real good real quick. I had forgot that I haven't seen my girlfriend since before my birthday, and that she still hadn't given me my gift. Well I knew the gift was supposed to be big, as she had been planning it for 9 months in advanced. Well, it turns out that she made plans to go to Boston and got two tickets to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park in July.

I know not all of you are baseball fans, but I am as big of a Red Sox fan as they come. The only problem is that I've lived in Michigan my entire life. It has been my one dream ever since I was 10 or 11 (I'm now 20) to see the Red Sox play in Fenway Park. Now I finally am going to get a chance to.

My whole weekend was exciting. I almost forgot to mention that she had to go into work for a few hours on Saturday so I still got to watch a solid five hours of the draft on Saturday and another two on Sunday. This was probably my best weekend in recent memory and I just thought I'd share my excitement with all of buddies at NFLDC.

j05son
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Happy belated birthday...

That's pretty sweet. Getting to go to one of the most historic cities and then one of the most historic parks in baseball is a sweet deal.

drowe
04-30-2007, 11:47 AM
wow, sounds like ya got the best of both worlds this weekend. congrats. glad it worked out for ya.

luckyjackaubrey
04-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Enjoy Fenway, you will love it. But if you happen across that mascot thing they have now you need to kick the s__t out of it for me. Really, a place like Fenway should never have an oversized fuzzy creature associated with it.

bigrick0016
04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
did she touch your *****/

tEk
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
did she touch your *****/yea that is the main point.

RaiderNation
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
nice who they playing ?

ElectricEye
04-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Sounds really cool man. Going to Fenway is an experience every Sox fan must have. It's really amazing just walking around there. Boston is an awesome city as well, don't know if you've ever been, but it sounds like you had a pretty damned good weekend.

P-L
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
nice who they playing ?

I'll be going to the Red Sox / White Sox game on July 19th.

mpt117
04-30-2007, 01:04 PM
nice man im going to the sox game against the tigers on may 17th in fenway...im from mass but damn you from mich and a red sox fan? haha. isthis your first time to fenway? im guessing it is

-black
04-30-2007, 02:08 PM
wow, long distance relationships usually end in tragedy. Cheating, "I dont love you anymore", "this isnt working like I thought, ect, ect usually happens...especially for College Kids. Dont accidentally send her a tape of you havin sex with another woman :)

Good luck with the relationship though homie, you sound genuwine and carring, I cant say that all the time for women. Hopefully you dont get "Game"d"....literally

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/turkblack/Gameowned.gif

diabsoule
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
That sounds awesome, dude. Sounds like you had a great weekend and I wish I was going to see the Sox play.

Addict
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
sounds cool! Have fun, hope it's a good first experience.