PDA

View Full Version : Raiders report cards

NIN1984
04-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/): When you have the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, it's easy for people to like what you do. Quarterback JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8255/) is a wonderful physical talent, far and away the most gifted passer the league has seen in years. As for the rest of the draft, the Raiders got a lot of players who have star potential, such as defensive end Quentin Moses (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8319/), who had a first-round grade on him going into last season before dropping down the board. Mario Henderson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8345/) is a terrific left tackle prospect. If running back Michael Bush (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8354/) ever returns to health, he's a guy who had first-round talent before getting hurt and could be a bruising power runner. Getting Zach Miller (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8292/) was nice, especially since the Raiders were able to trade down and still get him. The bottom line is that 10 of the 11 picks could easily make the roster.
Grade: A -Jason Cole Yahoo.com

if anyone finds anymore put them in here.

portermvp84
04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I so agree, we had an awesome draft. That was probably one of the best drafts we've had.

slightlyaraiderfan
04-30-2007, 03:12 PM
That is a lot better than Kiper's Raider grade, which I think was a C-

NIN1984
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Oakland Raiders

Best pick: I like fourth-round pick Mario Henderson out of Florida State. He is a tackle with good feet who will get better as he gets stronger.
Questionable move: They needed a quarterback, but they picked the wrong one. They fell in love with the big arm of JaMarcus Russell.
Second-day gem: Running back Michael Bush, the first player taken on the second day, will be a star. He will be a steal here.
Overall grade: B+. They drafted a lot of good football players. If Russell is who they think he is, this will be an outstanding draft.

- Pete Prisco

Sharp21
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
So our best pick was Mario Henderson who we got in the "4th."

Our Draft was amazing and we got guys that have amazing potential.
Obviously there is Russells possible expansion, but to go with that we got a guy in Moses that could have been a top ten pick had he declared a yr Before he did. Also, looking back at this draft in a few years people might be wondering how Michael Bush was selected so far after Lynch. Great Draft with amazing potential and guys that will be on the roster from day one

A-/A

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
why would people wonder why Bush was drafted far behind Lynch.The reasonings are quite clear.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Apparently I'm one of the few people who hated the Henderson pick and loved the Higgins pick. Weird.

Sharp21
05-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Excuse me, the phrasing i used was poor word choice. What i tried to imply was that Bush could end up being a better back than Lynch in a few years from now. I guess that is an obvious statement as anyone could be better than anyone in a few years from now. To keep it simple... I like the pick!

NIN1984
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
In JaMarcus Russell, they took a terrific QB talent who -- with the addition of Josh McCown -- will be able to sit for a while. Russell has all the talent you want, so it will be fun to watch him develop. Trading Randy Moss was addition by subtraction. He may go on and help New England, but there comes a time when you need to move on and that time had come in Oakland. Zach Miller has good hands but limited speed, but was the next best TE in the draft. In a bad year for TEs the Raiders made a need pick with him. He does have some blocking ability.
I thought the next couple of picks were pretty interesting. OT Mario Henderson played well against first-round picks Gaines Adams and Jarvis Moss in college. I liked this pick in the third round. DE Quentin Moses played better as a junior and has some pass rush skills, another good value in the third round. WR/PR Johnnie Lee Higgins can help them as a punt returner. RB Michael Bush gives them a big back, though it might be a while before he is well. I don't believe he would have been a first-round pick even if he had not got hurt. Based on his '05 tape he would have been a second- to-third-round player in my opinion I like what the Raiders did in the draft.

-Charley Casserly

That's something good to hear about Henderson, plus he's a nice fit for the ZBS I'm not a very big Barry Sims fan so I hope Mario can beat him out and play LT

Raider_fan_Canada
05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Oakland Raiders

Best pick: I like fourth-round pick Mario Henderson out of Florida State. He is a tackle with good feet who will get better as he gets stronger.
Questionable move: They needed a quarterback, but they picked the wrong one. They fell in love with the big arm of JaMarcus Russell.
Second-day gem: Running back Michael Bush, the first player taken on the second day, will be a star. He will be a steal here.
Overall grade: B+. They drafted a lot of good football players. If Russell is who they think he is, this will be an outstanding draft.

- Pete Prisco

Sorry but if Mr Prisco diminushes (spelling?) Jamarcus Russell to his big arm, I have to conclude that he doesnt know what he is talking about. He must be one off these so-called experts that refuse to see beyond the flashy assets. He doesnt see the outstanding pocket presence, the ability to make unbelivable trows in desesperate situations, the high level of competition at wich he excelled and the calm and confident swagger and leadership.

Is he the guy that had Jamarcus #20 overall prospect to get more people to look at his gunk?

Raider_fan_Canada
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes it is that guy, I hate him so much.

TheChampIsHere
05-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Yea I really liked what we did. Two guys who would have likely been first round picks if they had come out last year in Bush and Moses and Henderson is a guy who I have been steadily growing on as I find more about him. I could see him becoming a very solid starting LT for us and an excellent pass-protector against the edge rushers who have torn us apart. And then let Gallery find his home at RT. I also like Higgins a lot, I think he will be an important player for us and him and Russell could be one of the best deep ball connections in the league in a couple years.

Raiderz4Life
05-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I liked our draft. I loved the Moses pick...i was on the phone with my buddie and i said to him "we better draft a DE we need one, i hope its moses" and he suggested the other guy i forget his name i think he was from texas, but i was ecstatic when we took moses. I also loved the Mario pick as im a HUGE FSU fan.I was kinda like eh with the Bush pick, didnt and still dont love it but im ok with it.