PDA

View Full Version : The Atlanta offer

Bootland27
04-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Drew sharpe said that atlanta had an offer of both 2nd round picks for moving upto 2. However, they balked when the lions wanted a 3rd as well.

Anybody have millen's e-mail address???

woodnick
04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
If this is true then Millen should be shot and our draft grade drops a lot, however I don't we had that offer but I could be wrong.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
We had three second round picks anyway and we still got Calvin Johnson. The problem was we used the second round picks on questionable picks although I do like Alama Francis if he is healthy and Marinelli gets the most out of him.

woodnick
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd rather have P Willis, Blalock, and Houston compared to CJ21 considering that two of those three are need areas and and Blalock probably would have beat out Pillar and Mulitalo for a starting job. 3 starters compared to 1 seems like a no brainer to me.

Addict
04-30-2007, 02:20 PM
If this is true then Millen should be shot and our draft grade drops a lot, however I don't we had that offer but I could be wrong.

hell, the draft is what it is... no amount of complaining and nit-picking is gonna change it. I'd be surprised if that was the offer...

LionSmack
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Really, how in the hell does Drew Sharp know that.

It's the same as we heard that the Patriots offered this and that in the Charles Rogers draft. We don't know, no one will know unless Rich McKay comes out and says "Yes I was on the phone with the Lions and etc etc." He won't say that and we won't know.

Notredameleo
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
If we would have done that draft, Millen would have still drafted the same 3 players in the second, we would just have Hall/Willis over CJ.

Scotty D
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Honestly after we drafted Calvin I wanted to keep him. I never felt that way until after they read his name.

detroit4life
04-30-2007, 04:33 PM
same here and everyone here is right we ended up with 3 second round picks anyway so we got the same result. plus im pretty sure that isnt true how would Sharp rly know? its not like he was on the phones with the other teams

Scotty D
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Plus I don't think Marinelli saw a ILB he really liked in this draft after Patrick Willis. With the way Millen was going after players we would have gotten the ILB if Marinelli really wanted him.

Mr. Myogi
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for asking for the kitchen sink because McKay and Blank was willing to give up the faucet and knobs.

Just not the whole first day.

Thanks a million because we now, on paper, have one of the quickest defenses in the NFL.

asmitty45
04-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I like the draft, everyone wanted a QB and now that we took one everyone is upset. We pretty much all agreed that CJ was fine if he stayed, now it happens ppl are mad.

Embrace our draft, what happened happened. I think we picked up some solid players in this draft. We should be happy that marinelli finally had some say in our selection of players, if his system is right we will be more than satisfied with this draft.

We should have taken an MLB like harris earlier, i agree. but we cant complain about stanton after many people wanted a QB.

P-L
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I was fine with our draft. I am not really as high on Patrick Willis as most of the other Lions fans are.

Mythos
04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Really, how in the hell does Drew Sharp know that.

It's the same as we heard that the Patriots offered this and that in the Charles Rogers draft. We don't know, no one will know unless Rich McKay comes out and says "Yes I was on the phone with the Lions and etc etc." He won't say that and we won't know.

Guess what. Rich McKay was interviewed on the nfl network and confirmed, "entire first day + picks from '08" Now how do you feel?

Mythos
04-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Honestly after we drafted Calvin I wanted to keep him. I never felt that way until after they read his name.

We turned in his card, good move, we had to or the phones would've rang in cleveland instead. I wasn't too worried when Tampa picked, I was dissapointed when Landry didn't last to #8. Then started panicking. When Quinn was falling I thought for sure we'd pick up the phone w/ Denver. By the Stanton pick I was in stage 1 denial. It's stage 2 anger now.

WMD
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
everyone wanted a QB and now that we took one everyone is upset.

but we cant complain about stanton after many people wanted a QB.

I wanted a QB.. I did NOT want Drew Stanton at all, just because we wanted a QB doesn't mean we have to be happy with any Quarterback picked..

dreadedluck
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
If this trade was possible, we would have gained 2 more seconds, on top of trading for 2 more as we did. add that to the one we had. Giving us 5 seconds after all said and done. Could have traded back into the first picked up lots of guys, and stole the draft.

QB arent interchangeable, yeah we needed one but not Stanton. CJ better do more for us then Moss did for the Vikings, that means leading us to the glory land! (NOT POSSIBLE) Worst draft ever, when you look at potential.

Anyone saying different is brain washed by Killer. WORST FRANCHISE IN FOOTBALL, this is a sad day in Detroit.

detroit4life
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
If this trade was possible, we would have gained 2 more seconds, on top of trading for 2 more as we did. add that to the one we had. Giving us 5 seconds after all said and done. Could have traded back into the first picked up lots of guys, and stole the draft.

QB arent interchangeable, yeah we needed one but not Stanton. CJ better do more for us then Moss did for the Vikings, that means leading us to the glory land! (NOT POSSIBLE) Worst draft ever, when you look at potential.

Anyone saying different is brain washed by Killer. WORST FRANCHISE IN FOOTBALL, this is a sad day in Detroit.

ur ridiculous detroit did everything they needed to do they filled all their holes and walked away with the best player in the draft. if you feel this way about them why not give up rooting for them wait until they do turn things around and start again like u never stopped. We will not know how this draft turned out for us until a year or two from now but it could very well be a great draft for us if the coaches are able to maximize the talent they got in Stanton Alma-Francis and Alexander you cant call it a failure until you have results and see what they do

P-L
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
The deal with the Falcons was supposedly both of their 2nd Round picks and their 2nd Round pick in 2008.

Scotty D
04-30-2007, 08:52 PM
The deal with the Falcons was supposedly both of their 2nd Round picks and their 2nd Round pick in 2008.

Wow that sounds like a lot, but I'm not sure if I would take that deal. When you have a chance to take the best player in the draft, I'm not so sure you should be so quick to trade him away. Espicially when we got him at #2. I'm not sure we would have different first day except for the fact we probably wouldn't trade up, and have a third rounder. That third rounder could have been Daymeion Hughes. I'm very torn. Both situations would have been great, but I'm sure once some of the doubters see Calvin on the field he will win you over.

woodnick
04-30-2007, 09:55 PM

If thats the deal that was offered to us, then I'm partially upset we didn't take it. Yes CJ21 is great, however I feel that we could have filled our holes more effectively with higher rated players compared to how we did it.

WMD
04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh well, what's done is done.. Who's to say we wouldn't have taken a CB, Jamaal Anderson, or Brady Quinn with that #8 pick anyways

reinar
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
i did NOT want a QB at all in this draft.
I heard the same thing, that ATlanta offered up both 2nds, and to me that means CJ=3 players. I doubt it highly, whether he is the best or not.
We did well with out WR last year, and added 3 more this year. We did NOT need another one, especially in place of 3 other players.

Basically look at our draft, and exchange Cj with 3 people (most likely hall at #8, and 2 more 2nd rounders, IN ADDITION to what we already got in Alama-francis and Stanton.)

now it doesnt look so good does it?