PDA

View Full Version : Big, Physical WR's

LarryJohnson27
04-30-2007, 03:12 PM
It seems like the bigger guys, and often more physical, have the easiest transition to the NFL. For example: Michael Clayton, Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams

So can Chief fans expect to see Bowe contributing right away?

Phrost
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
It seems like the bigger guys, and often physical, have the easiest transition to the NFL. For example: Michael Clayton, Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams

Expect good or GREAT results from Bowe. Just don't screw his career. Example: Michael Clayton.

bsaza2358
04-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Bowe should start right away opposite Kennison. I wouldn't expect Pro Bowl results, but he should infuse the team with athleticism and speed on the outside. With Tony Gonzalez, Kennison, and LJ, Bowe needs to put up 60/750/7 to really help the team get over the hump. I don't think that's too much to ask of a guy with that kind of talent.

Next question: Who's throwing him the ball?

BPhilb
04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Bowe should start right away opposite Kennison. I wouldn't expect Pro Bowl results, but he should infuse the team with athleticism and speed on the outside. With Tony Gonzalez, Kennison, and LJ, Bowe needs to put up 60/750/7 to really help the team get over the hump. I don't think that's too much to ask of a guy with that kind of talent.

Next question: Who's throwing him the ball?

Brodie Croyle is going to get every opprotunity to win the job in the preseason. I just have a feeling that Damon Huard will be the starter in week 1 though. It's going to be interesting.

bsaza2358
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, all of that leads to a bunch of other question marks. I think the Chiefs are better served keeping Green for another year and bringing Croyle along at a healthy clip.

portermvp84
04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I could see it, considering Bowe is a nice sized kid.

lod01
05-01-2007, 10:56 AM
It seems like the bigger guys, and often more physical, have the easiest transition to the NFL. For example: Michael Clayton, Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams

He will do a lot of blocking downfield. They have no passing game. It's called being Herminated.

myinnerself
05-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Mike Williams and Charles Rogers were big, just saying.

In all honesty though, I think Bowe will be a good receiver, and see him having a pretty good rookie year.

JCutlery
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Well, all of that leads to a bunch of other question marks. I think the Chiefs are better served keeping Green for another year and bringing Croyle along at a healthy clip.

Problem is Trent Green doesn't want to play there. Especially after they screwed him on draft day.

umphrey
05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I like Bowe and think he's a good fit in KC, and starts from day 1. He will help the team more than his stats show, and I think he even makes a pro bowl, although it will be after 4-5 seasons.

Basileus777
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Problem is Trent Green doesn't want to play there. Especially after they screwed him on draft day.

He should blame Miami for never raising the initial offer of a 7th rounder.

eazyb81
05-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I am confident in Bowe's ability to contribute right away in the NFL.

That said, I am not confident in our ability to get him the ball. He will have either Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle throwing him the ball - not the best situation. Furthermore, with Herm's penchant for a power-running scheme, I doubt we will focus on Bowe in the passing game as much as we should.

Finally, even when we do pass, our QBs are so used to immediately forcing the ball to Gonzo in triple coverage that it will be hard for them to wait until Bowe's deep routes develop.

Hopefully i'm wrong, because I think he could blow up if we make a concerted effort to get the ball in his hands 5+ times a game.

eazyb81
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Trent has no one to blame but himself.

BlindSite
05-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Mike Williams and Charles Rogers were big, just saying.

In all honesty though, I think Bowe will be a good receiver, and see him having a pretty good rookie year.

possession receivers have a better track record than the burners.

scottyboy
05-01-2007, 06:54 PM
it depends if bowe wants to try and work hard(example toomer) or a lazy guy who lets overthrows be picked(plaxico)

DWilliams2IndyColts
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I was wondering why big receivers don't block that much.