PDA

View Full Version : Browns called Giants in an offer to trade up for Quinn

Shockey80
04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/29/draft/1.html

They were offering #35 and #67

The 08 first rounder didnt come into discussion until the Cowboys were on the clock and the browns were fearing the Chiefs were gonna nab Quinn

I personally would have seen if the Browns would throw in a 2008 2nd rounder and if so, done it.

Number 10
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/29/draft/1.html

They were offering #35 and #67

The 08 first rounder didnt come into discussion until the Cowboys were on the clock and the browns were fearing the Chiefs were gonna nab Quinn

I personally would have seen if the Browns would throw in a 2008 2nd rounder and if so, done it.

Interesting, Reese said the Browns did not call him.

Even if they did, that offer cheats us out of a 4th rounc pick value, good decline by Reese. I guess that is what he meant by saying GMs were trying to nickel and dime him....testing him I suppose?

If they had offered their 2nd and 2008 1st I would have likely said yes....but Ross would have not fell to us at #36 so I'm happy nothing happened.

Shockey80
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Interesting, Reese said the Browns did not call him.

Even if they did, that offer cheats us out of a 4th rounc pick value, good decline by Reese. I guess that is what he meant by saying GMs were trying to nickel and dime him....testing him I suppose?

If they had offered their 2nd and 2008 1st I would have likely said yes....but Ross would have not fell to us at #36 so I'm happy nothing happened.

But Poz would have. We could have a beastly group of Linebackers.

But then again I am content with the draft. Just thought this was interesting

Number 10
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
But Poz would have. We could have a beastly group of Linebackers.

But then again I am content with the draft. Just thought this was interesting

Wrong.

Poz was taken at #34.