PDA

View Full Version : Rod Coleman out 3-5 months due to boat accident!

Shiver
04-30-2007, 07:54 PM
This is sad.

LINK (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/04/30/0501coleman.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21)

Falcons defensive tackle Rod Coleman will be out for three-to-five months after surgery Monday to repair a ruptured right quadriceps injury suffered this weekend in an accident while riding a personal watercraft vehicle, team vice president of communications Reggie Roberts confirmed.

This is the second offseason injury to a defensive starter that required surgery in the past few days. Outside linebacker Demorrio Williams underwent surgery late last week to repair torn pectoral muscles suffered while lifting weights.

Williams is expected to be out for roughly five months and miss most, if not all of training camp, the preseason and possibly the first few games of the regular season. Coleman appears to be on a similar timetable.

Coleman is one of the Falcons' most disruptive pass rushers and has accumulated 28 of his 56.5 career sacks in the past three seasons. Him being out for any length of time or not at full strength when he does return could be a substantial blow to the Falcons' unsettled defensive front.

For now, Jonathan Babineaux would step in for Coleman, as he did for much of last season when Coleman was hampered by a turf toe injury. Darrell Shropshire, who has worked primarily at nose tackle has played and practiced at both tackle spots.

The Falcons are thin at nose tackle as well. Starter Grady Jackson has sued the team for allegedly divulging private medical information to the media last summer and has not taken part in any offseason conditioning drills. He also skipped a three-day, voluntary mini-camp before the draft.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Ugh, just cram Walter in there.

d34ng3l021
04-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Whaaat? Its k. Babs will tear it up.

iloxygenil
04-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm not worried about this one as much as I am Demorrio's injury.

Shiver
05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
According to ESPN, both Williams and Coleman may start the season on the PUP list. They need to sign Ian Scott, bad.

flrybranch
05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I see Scott signing. It may take a day or two while the staff races after the UDFAs.