PDA

View Full Version : Weddle and other rookie impacts this season...

JK17
04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Weddle's got some great playmaking abilities, and has shown he's a smart, hard working player who can really take out a teams best player, like he did against Calvin Johnson in '05. Some even have said he could be the best D-back in this draft, though I would say thats a bit of a stretch.

Anyway this isn't really supposed to be a thread discussing the pick, because we already have some draft threads going in there, but I wanted to know where you think his role is his rookie year will be? Will he start opposite McCree or be used in some situations like Cromartie was his rookie year? I'm sure he will be used on Special Teams and I'm interested to see how we use his athleticism...

Also what do you think will be the role of the other rookie players...I can see Davis coming in and being a slot, or even #2 WR and letting Parker move to the slot....The LB's I would imagine are going to be used for depth, and I doubt Chandler or Nennee see much action this year.

SDSupaChargers
05-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I think Weddle will start from the very beginning. He will play opposite McCree, my guess would be at FS while McCree switches to SS, but both of them can play either position. Davis I think will see significant playing time. I think we will start as our slot receiver but probably be our #2 by week 6 or so with Parker moving to the slot. It will be interesting to see how Floyd plays into all of this. As for our LB's I think one of them will start, either Waters or Siler. They will take Wilhelm's sport probably. I think both of them could be starting by the end of the year. I also agree that Naanee and Chandler will see very little playing time barring injury. Naanee might (that's a big might) be able to move up to #4 WR but that would be a shocker. I think he might have to spend some time on the practice squad.

JK17
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I think Weddle will start from the very beginning. He will play opposite McCree, my guess would be at FS while McCree switches to SS, but both of them can play either position. Davis I think will see significant playing time. I think we will start as our slot receiver but probably be our #2 by week 6 or so with Parker moving to the slot. It will be interesting to see how Floyd plays into all of this. As for our LB's I think one of them will start, either Waters or Siler. They will take Wilhelm's sport probably. I think both of them could be starting by the end of the year. I also agree that Naanee and Chandler will see very little playing time barring injury. Naanee might (that's a big might) be able to move up to #4 WR but that would be a shocker. I think he might have to spend some time on the practice squad.

Personally I never really was in love with Floyd. He had a big game or two last season, and is good depth at WR but some people expect him to break out as a start and I don't see it.

I also don't see Wilhelm not starting this year. Not only did he just sign a long term deal, but he's the best ILB on the roster right now, not to mention he was next in line last year if Donnie didn't come back, and almost started over Donnie anyway. If anyone goes, it would be Cooper, but I don't see that happneing this year.

snobdmat
05-01-2007, 01:48 PM
floyd is really only useful in the redzone i think and the occasional long bomb so i think that he drops to the number 4 guy on the roster. davis will make an immediate impact either in the slot or # 2. weddle better start for what we had to trade in order to get him because with what we lost for him we could have used to trade up in the first and get a guy like nelson, or merriweather. i like the waters and siler picks as they will definitely get some sort of playing time spelling the mlb.

Modano
05-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I think Craig Davis could make an impact from day 1 for you. Your WRs are nothing special, while Craig is a very good WR. I think he could be your #2 from the start of the season and progress down the road, making some big plays and some catches in the middle too. I see a 800 yards season for him.

sdpads24
05-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I think Craig Davis could make an impact from day 1 for you. Your WRs are nothing special, while Craig is a very good WR. I think he could be your #2 from the start of the season and progress down the road, making some big plays and some catches in the middle too. I see a 800 yards season for him.

I would be extremely pleased with a 800 yard season, though I doubt he will get the opportunity as much as LT and Gates gets the ball