PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pick

umphrey
04-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Simple Poll - Who was your favorite pick (not best player)?

I went against the grain with Harrell because I think he's going to be quality player and I like putting studs on the D line, especially to open it up for Barnett and Hawk. I'm also glad we didn't go SS or WR or reach for a RB or TE.

2nd and 3rd go to Rouse and Barbe, respectively.

Moses
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Barbre was a very nice pickup. He fits the Packers perfectly.

GB12
04-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I've supported the Harrell pick since it happened and I really do like it. To throw a different name out though, David Clowney. I expect him to be the #3 if he puts on a few pounds.

PACKmanN
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
wheres Bishop? i love the Jackson pick

TitleTown088
04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Brandon Jackson. I think this guy will be the 2007 Greg Jennings ( at RB). He will be the guy who contributes really well for a rookie. Edgar will get him into pro shape real quick.
I also really like the Rouse and Harrell picks, these guys should help us become a great defense. Run stopping will now be a huge priority with AD in the division and both of these guys will help. I really think that TT saw the queens take AD and said," Well might as well stop this ****". Hawk is going to tear AD's collar bone out and eat the meat off of it like a ******* peice of turkey.

Unlike most Packer fans I am extreamly happy with this draft to tell you the truth.

Jim Jim
04-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I love the Clowney pick.

Green Bay Scat
05-01-2007, 04:08 AM
James Jones, he will be ballin. FB Ryan Powdrell is my favorite UDFA

princefielder28
05-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Big fan of the Barbre pick!

umphrey
05-01-2007, 11:12 AM
wheres Bishop? i love the Jackson pick

We had 11 picks and polls are maxed at 10. I thought the chances (although very slim) that someone picked Wynn or the TE were slightly better because they might actually start rather than Bishop who is, if he is lucky, a special teams guy.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I think Aaron Rouse because I love the idea of having a big safety on the roster, and he's a playmaker and guy who has made it a long way from a tough background.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
We had 11 picks and polls are maxed at 10. I thought the chances (although very slim) that someone picked Wynn or the TE were slightly better because they might actually start rather than Bishop who is, if he is lucky, a special teams guy.

Well, Bishop does have a more impressive resume the last two years than everybody except Rouse and Crosby.

jackalope
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
My 2 favorite picks were Crosby and Jackson. I love both, but I gave it to Crosby by a hair, because he's good value and I feel he'll be one of the best in the league soon.

cuzifelt1ikeit
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
mine was infact bishop hah

GadoR'Savior
05-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I had to go with Clowney....He has a chance to be a stud. The more I look at the draft the more I like it because to me alot of these guys could be sleepers.

-I have liked James Jones for bout a month now but i thought we reached, he could turn some heads.
-I liked Jackson, he fits what we do
-Clowney has amazing speed and can get down field just needs a little more weight
-Harrell no question that the guy is an animal just hope he is healed 100%,
-Rouse I love Rouse plan and simple and he could be a starter at Saftey or LB,
-Bishop = Steal the guy has game speed and makes play after play (coverage can in noway be worse than Poppinga's)
-Barbre I saw clips of this guy he is damn athletic and can move, solid future replace for Cliften or Tauscher
-Hall he seems good but I dont think he will produce
-Crosby was the best kicker in the country
-Clark Harris is a big solid TE with good hands
-Wynn if at FB he could turn out to be a great pick and and an extra treat out of the backfield
Last I blieve Rory Johnson has a shot to make the team at LB I really liked the guy even if he had a pot problem

narf029
05-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I was about 50-50 on these picks. I absolutely loved the picks of Rouse, Crosby, and Harris. I think Rouse could start in the very near future, and no matter what our safety play will be better than it was last year, because it seems like worst case scenario Rouse is just a bigger version of Marquand Manuel. Rayner was growing on me over the offseason, but Crosby would have been good value for us in the 4th round. We got him in the 6th, so whether it's from Rayner improving through competition, or Crosby doing what Crosby does, our kicker will be better than last year. And Clark Harris is basically a 7th round replacement of David Martin, only slower. For a 7th round TE Harris has potential to be a great threat in the passing game.

I wasn't a fan of taking 2 ILB's in a row when we have one of the best in the game locked up and more pressing needs than a backup MLB, and none of the first day picks (other than Rouse) were guys I was hoping for (although the Harrell and Jackson picks have grown on me the past few days).

jackalope
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I wasn't a fan of taking 2 ILB's in a row when we have one of the best in the game locked up and more pressing needs than a backup MLBIt looks like Korey Hall was drafted to play fullback.

narf029
05-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow...did not know that. Well then I'll change my statement. I like the Bishop pick but I'm not really a fan of taking a converted FB. Did he play fullback at all at Boise State? Or do we just think he has the tools to play fullback?

jackalope
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow...did not know that. Well then I'll change my statement. I like the Bishop pick but I'm not really a fan of taking a converted FB. Did he play fullback at all at Boise State? Or do we just think he has the tools to play fullback?I'm pretty sure he was a fullback in high school, but not at Boise State.

neko4
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I accidently voted Jackson, but Rouse is my favorite
Dont like the Crosby pick. I feel that we must have better confidence in Rayner

jackalope
05-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I accidently voted Jackson, but Rouse is my favorite
Dont like the Crosby pick. I feel that we must have better confidence in RaynerI like Rayner, and I felt he would be a fine kicker, and there was no real need to address it, but Crosby is a steal in the 6th. He is definitely an upgrade over Rayner, and I believe that in a few years, he'll be among the top kickers in the NFL. He has an amazing leg leg and can hit from beyond 50, with a careerer long of 60.

Hawk
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
I made a sig to represent my fav pick

PACKmanN
05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I made a sig to represent my fav pick

lol this ***** is fast, i have a sig of my fav pick too :)

beef
05-02-2007, 12:34 AM
i like all the players picked, but i think we got best value from barbre.
most of the players were picked before their "value" was, but ted does what he has to do to make sure he lands his guys.

VY10
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm going to have to go with Mason Crosby. If this kid turns out he could be a great asset to have because of his kicking range (assuming the accuracy is there.)

NickCollins36
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM
i think i read somewhere crosby claims to have hit it from 71

princefielder28
05-02-2007, 08:56 PM

In Colorado possibly

Jim Jim
05-02-2007, 09:02 PM
WR James Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5WV8nqxDY

scottyboy
05-02-2007, 09:03 PM
please everyone should love the Clark Harris pick!!!! he's a beast!!!

Hawk
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
WR James Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5WV8nqxDY

I actually think he'll turn out alrite, kinda like a patrick crayton type player

Yung Flippa
05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
i went with Brandon Jackson because he could end up as a steal. If he went back for his senior year, he could have been a top back

TitleTown088
05-03-2007, 12:07 AM

Yeah, he did in warm ups in colorado.

Visholm
05-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Why isn't Desmond Bishop on the list?? The 2nd 6th round pick out of CAL

PACKmanN
05-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Why isn't Desmond Bishop on the list?? The 2nd 6th round pick out of CAL

i asked that, we had 12 picks and NFLDC only lets 11 picks on polls.

johbur
05-05-2007, 10:50 AM
i went with Brandon Jackson because he could end up as a steal. If he went back for his senior year, he could have been a top back

Besides his injury history, I worry about Brandon Jackson in the NFL as I did not see him take it to the house very often without getting caught. He sheds contact well, is nifty between the tackles, uses his blockers well, breaks tackles well, but when he was out in front he got caught from behind a lot. I just didn't see a lot that differentiated him from Noah Herron, who is already on the team. I liked Herron a lot, and when he was given the opportunity to play, he seemed to come through.

My favorite guy is Allen Barbre. With the line they have right now, I think he'll still be the best athlete. He'll also be able to contribute on special teams and be more than of a back-up on the bench.

iloxygenil
05-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I am a big fan of both of th VT picks, no lie. They are going to be real good for you guys. I think Clowney's all world speed can test Favre's arm and see if he can chuck it deep enough to keep him running anymore.

JF4
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Mason Crosby!