PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Z Gives Us a D

sweetness34
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/04/29/draft.report.card/index.html

No surprise there, he's an idiot. Ripped on our draft last year as well.

Said our only good picks were Payne and Olsen. I guess he forgot about Beekman in the 4th round. And while Okwo, Bazuin, and Graham aren't "sexy" picks, they're going to be good players IMO.

We don't draft the "names" which is why we don't get a lot of love in our grades. But JA proves time and time again that he knows what he's doing and I think at the end of next year he's going to prove those who gave us a mediocre grade wrong.

Analysts love the "sexy" draft, but that doesn't always lead to success. I remember when Detroit drafted Williams, Jones, and Leman. A lot of the analysts said Detroit was on their way to the top with picks like those, including Doug Buffone. Just because you draft players people have heard of doesn't mean squat. You have to draft for what best fits your system, which is what our staff is doing and I applaud them for that.

Xonraider
05-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Don't listen to him... he is the worst sports writer ever.

Xonraider
05-01-2007, 12:03 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/04/29/draft.report.card/index.html

No surprise there, he's an idiot. Ripped on our draft last year as well.

Said our only good picks were Payne and Olsen. I guess he forgot about Beekman in the 4th round. And while Okwo, Bazuin, and Graham aren't "sexy" picks, they're going to be good players IMO.

We don't draft the "names" which is why we don't get a lot of love in our grades. But JA proves time and time again that he knows what he's doing and I think at the end of next year he's going to prove those who gave us a mediocre grade wrong.

Analysts love the "sexy" draft, but that doesn't always lead to success. I remember when Detroit drafted Williams, Jones, and Leman. A lot of the analysts said Detroit was on their way to the top with picks like those, including Doug Buffone. Just because you draft players people have heard of doesn't mean squat. You have to draft for what best fits your system, which is what our staff is doing and I applaud them for that.

Sorry for the second post. But it is the exact same story with Dennis Green. It's like if he just grabbed Kiper's big board and drafted whoever is on top of the list.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-01-2007, 12:53 AM
"Their top draft, TE Greg Olsen, doesn't exactly address a need, "

A TE wasn't needed for this offense? Fk this buffoon.

evershot
05-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Dr. Z being harsh on the Bears is not a new thing.

dabears10
05-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Xonraider's sig makes me laugh everytime.

Yeah, but every day i like our draft more and more.

sweetness34
05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Dr. Z being harsh on the Bears is not a new thing.

I know that, but I just figured I'd post the fact that he did blast us in this draft.

I believe 2 years ago he said we were in the worst team in the league, ha!

Geo
05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
How anyone could name the better draft picks by the Bears and not include Beekman in the late fourth round is beyond me. Beekman is a steal there, an excellent job in landing him by the Bears.

I was very much hoping that he would fall one pick further. ;)

DaBears9654
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
"Their top draft, TE Greg Olsen, doesn't exactly address a need, "

A TE wasn't needed for this offense? Fk this buffoon.
Just proof "Dr. Z" (pfffft) doesn't know what he's talking about.

bearsfan_51
05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I want to know what he got his doctorate in. Being an old ****?

He also picked us to win 3 games in 2005 when we won 11. The fact that he doesn't like our draft makes me happy.

PapaBearHalas
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree Dr. Z is a moron, but the fact that the Briggs thing was not resolved makes me wary about our entire weekend.

DaBears9654
05-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I agree Dr. Z is a moron, but the fact that the Briggs thing was not resolved makes me wary about our entire weekend.
After seeing him in rookie minicamp, the coaches are pretty high on Okwo.

Phrost
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM

I agree Dr. Z is a douche.